Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Faber Walk Site

Congrats Jem on securing an unit at [email protected]

Current latest update for [email protected]; approx 42% units have been sold.

2br (1 last unit left), 2br DK and 3br deluxe seem to be the most high in demand! 4 out of 11units 5br strata house has been sold.

For [email protected]r project infor: please visit [email protected] Homepage

For fast enquire response, pls contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Hi jem, Why don't u wait for triliq?
    I didn't consider Trilinq at all after doing my research and evaluation. The developer paid a lower psf for that land than Waterfront and it's priced so much higher. That to me means that the developer is very greedy and I feel developers who are essentially greedy may tend to cut corners just to profit more. After all we are buying on paper and there is still a huge risk to consider how the finished/end product may be. I was also aware of the lower ground that Waterfront sits on and have feedbacked to the developer. They are aware of that and will be building measures to avoid possible flooding of the basement carpark etc. The papers I got also included their approval to make use of the adjacent drainage for the building of the estate.

I do not fancy any development that exceeds 600 units - Trilinq has 755. If I am to buy a new launch high rise condo I really would prefer one that will feature a sky pool. I drove around the estate and the feel of the drive leading to Waterfront was very welcoming. It's after all a home you are looking at and it's tough to find one of a right location, right price and feels like home.
    Again, it's all personal preferences. Due to timing - I want to move in not later than within the next 3 to 3.5 years time, any subsequent new launches will be eliminated as well. If I didn't get a unit I like at Waterfront I would have looked into resale and taken my time to find one at a good price and with a layout I like (that's also another thing. Those condos which have TOP in the last year to 8 years all have bay windows surrounding nearly the entire circumference of the units which I really do not like).

Happy House Hunting everyone
    Last edited by Jem; 29th May 2014 at 03:42 PM.

undersand you appreciate exclusiveness and tranquility.

I agree IOI is a greedy developer. But I can see some anti-commonsense issues in what you say about project quality and developers' profit.

Just imagine if you are a developer, will you be more generous when you make money or when you are fighting to break-even? I do not think the waterfront deveoper bid the land to lose money or to do charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I didn't consider Trilinq at all after doing my research and evaluation. The developer paid a lower psf for that land than Waterfront and it's priced so much higher. That to me means that the developer is very greedy and I feel developers who are essentially greedy may tend to cut corners just to profit more. After all we are buying on paper and there is still a huge risk to consider how the finished/end product may be. I was also aware of the lower ground that Waterfront sits on and have feedbacked to the developer. They are aware of that and will be building measures to avoid possible flooding of the basement carpark etc. The papers I got also included their approval to make use of the adjacent drainage for the building of the estate.

I do not fancy any development that exceeds 600 units - Trilinq has 755. If I am to buy a new launch high rise condo I really would prefer one that will feature a sky pool. I drove around the estate and the feel of the drive leading to Waterfront was very welcoming. It's after all a home you are looking at and it's tough to find one of a right location, right price and feels like home.
    Again, it's all personal preferences. Due to timing - I want to move in not later than within the next 3 to 3.5 years time, any subsequent new launches will be eliminated as well. If I didn't get a unit I like at Waterfront I would have looked into resale and taken my time to find one at a good price and with a layout I like (that's also another thing. Those condos which have TOP in the last year to 8 years all have bay windows surrounding nearly the entire circumference of the units which I really do not like).

Correlation between development quality and profit margin is way too complex to comprehend and substantiate. There will still be a possibility of cutting corner (via inferior construction material used) although developers enjoy high profit margin (as a result of high psf) due to greed. Likewise, not all developers will want to resort to cut corners and risk loss of reputation and law suit over one project due to low profit margin as a result of unexpected market conditions. Some will resort to passing construction cost to buyers by removing furniture and fittings and relaunching unsold units at lower price. What we can do as buyers are to do our homework in advance (eg. considering varying viewpoints wrt a particular project) and then make a decision as to whether to commit or to pass. As at now, no one can predict who is right and who is wrong.

I like Trilinq compared to Faber as its relatively nearer to amenities and mrt. I prefer Faber for its proximity to the park connector, its ground units with high ceiling for living and bedrooms (as compared to Trilinq model of only masterbedroom or living). Faber is slightly cheaper with lesser units compared to Trilinq. But I am sure both will attract different buyers whose preferences are different.

Looking at Waterfront developers, World Class Land, track record, the modus operandi is quite obvious. They want to clear stock fast and move on. Rather than wait for a huge profit, they prefer to make small profit quickly, and take their earnings to another project. Different strategy to IOI.

Finishing will always be a problem for big developments because too many units for contractors to finish, regardless of profit margin. So always get a good priced unit and use the savings for your reno.

Quote Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    Looking at Waterfront developers, World Class Land, track record, the modus operandi is quite obvious. They want to clear stock fast and move on. Rather than wait for a huge profit, they prefer to make small profit quickly, and take their earnings to another project. Different strategy to IOI.

Finishing will always be a problem for big developments because too many units for contractors to finish, regardless of profit margin. So always get a good priced unit and use the savings for your reno.
    Hi Nas, standing as a neutral real estate sales professional, i also share the same thought with you upon working along with them in their projects marketing. one thing to add is wcl is also willing to go full blast on marketing expenditure (i.e extraordinary big newspaper ad. tv radio ads etc for number of days) in order to get full maximum exposure. They will also likely to price it at a comparable price range in order to let the project move fast; projects like parc rosewood and the hillford are successful examples. As of today, [email protected] has sold more than 40% which i think is consider good and healthy standing in a project marketing perspective.

Another up and coming development by wcl and fragrance group is Citygate(former keypoint) @ beach road.

For latest [email protected] and Citygate projects enquiry, please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Thanks for sharing, taking mrt pass Clementi everyday, I see tat Trilinq indeed is a congested project , surrounded by mrt track , nan hwa pri and beside the busy road, ..walking to mrt also far, at least 15mins , plus the new enblocked hdb flats at the old clementi interchange, much nearer to the mrt, it will outshine the Trilinq...and paid at discounted hdb price...... Trilinq need to repackage again to move units!

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    undersand you appreciate exclusiveness and tranquility.

I agree IOI is a greedy developer. But I can see some anti-commonsense issues in what you say about project quality and developers' profit.

Just imagine if you are a developer, will you be more generous when you make money or when you are fighting to break-even? I do not think the waterfront deveoper bid the land to lose money or to do charity.
    All developers are out to make $; that is an undeniable fact. But with the lacklustre in sales volume, generosity is hard to come by nowadays... More so if you are not a powerhouse with the adequate amount of financial power. In times like these, cost cutting options will prevail in order to maintain whatever margins that are left. I am not making a sweeping statement here but take a look at MCC Land. Their first project THE CANOPY was a washout. While most developers will go all out to do an excellent job in their maiden project so as to impress, MCC Land took the opposite direction instead. And now that is costing them dearly in the Santorini Project now. Were they generous with the specs in Santo in order to make it up? IMO No. I was there last weekend and the project really sucks big time. Apart from the layout and a Quarry-view that everyone in the SF was cultured to believe to be "unique"; even basic mass mkt necessities like fridge and washer are not standard issue for all units! Although the price is relatively decent at $10xxpsf, it makes you wonder how much will these cost the developer anyway?! So I am not sure how seasoned Developers like IOI is planning to redeem itself in Clementi... Land price of $5xx selling at $13xx is seriously . The only other project in the West that I can think of with comparable big margins is Skywood and it too is drowning under its own greed. TDSR is here to stay and if developers kept thinking they can continue to charge exorbitant prices for mass market projects like they used to, the ones suffering will be themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    All developers are out to make $; that is an undeniable fact. But with the lacklustre in sales volume, generosity is hard to come by nowadays... More so if you are not a powerhouse with the adequate amount of financial power. In times like these, cost cutting options will prevail in order to maintain whatever margins that are left. I am not making a sweeping statement here but take a look at MCC Land. Their first project THE CANOPY was a washout. While most developers will go all out to do an excellent job in their maiden project so as to impress, MCC Land took the opposite direction instead. And now that is costing them dearly in the Santorini Project now. Were they generous with the specs in Santo in order to make it up? IMO No. I was there last weekend and the project really sucks big time. Apart from the layout and a Quarry-view that everyone in the SF was cultured to believe to be "unique"; even basic mass mkt necessities like fridge and washer are not standard issue for all units! Although the price is relatively decent at $10xxpsf, it makes you wonder how much will these cost the developer anyway?! So I am not sure how seasoned Developers like IOI is planning to redeem itself in Clementi... Land price of $5xx selling at $13xx is seriously . The only other project in the West that I can think of with comparable big margins is Skywood and it too is drowning under its own greed. TDSR is here to stay and if developers kept thinking they can continue to charge exorbitant prices for mass market projects like they used to, the ones suffering will be themselves...
    I think we are talking about two different things. What you disagree is that the pricing of Trilinq based on the developer's cost. Yes, based on the price of ppr, IOI could absolutely price it lower. but if we look at the price at that time, e.g., the pricing of Echelon, and J-gateway, and the land price of waterfront, the pricing was not unresonable at that time. But it does not mean IOI will not reduce the price of their remaining units considering the new situation. whether IOI will wait or cut price in the near future, it is up to them.

what I mean is that a developer with barely profit margin is not likely to be a santa cluase to give you super good quality products, although they will meet the general quality requirement as claimed. No matter the developer has track record or not. CDL has good track record, it presents lousy quality product too, so does FEO,etc. To be fair, IOI also has good track record.