Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Faber Walk Site

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Was there last week after agent called
    My wife likes the place too but we left disappointed
    Why would lower landscape be a problem?

For me most important is lower maintenance. Cos won't be using facilities much.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Why would lower landscape be a problem?

For me most important is lower maintenance. Cos won't be using facilities much.
    Personal preference bah

probably on future dispute over water course and "feng shui" reason ?

I dun know but buying a property is a long term investment
    so if can foresee a "future" problem, I avoid

Personal preference bah

probably on future dispute over water course and "feng shui" reason ?

I dun know but buying a property is a long term investment
    so if can foresee a "future" problem, I avoid
    I see... 20 feet is rather deep indeed.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    I see... 20 feet is rather deep indeed.
    yes and what if basement car park ?

dun know because did not even go into the showroom after inspecting the
    surrounding

Heard it's a ghost town at balloting today.

Anyone can verify?

It's not as full as Commonwealth Towers but sales should be reasonable. Averaging 1250+. Afterall, it's quite a niche place. Not everyone can accept.

Sold 88 units today. Not bad!

Average price how much psf?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Heard it's a ghost town at balloting today.

Anyone can verify?
    Was there at the balloting yesterday. The tentage is full. But this is why:

1. Tentage is small. Unlike most projects, developers will normally enlarge the tentage the day prior to the balloting. This project? Nope they did not do that and that tells you something
    2. It was full also partly because agents were sitting to help customers "chompe" seats. I am one of those who benefited from this kind of "arrangement"
    3. Many of those who are buying; are obviously and undoubtedly buying for own stay. So the whole kampong comes. Many times, I see Q number being called and a large family of 5 to 8 walked up to the counter with their agents
    4. In today's market, many deals are closed by 2 or more agents working together. So the agents there almost matched the buyers 1 to 1. Carpark was already full when we reached; thinking the turnout was nothing short of spectacular. But I told my wife I'm willing to bet 30 to 50pct of the cars in the carpark belongs to agents. And I was right!
    5. Buyers who submitted cheques but didn't turn up is about 30 to 40 pct of the total number of cheques collected. Not bad actually...
    6. The balloting schedule had been postponed once with strata landed moved into yesterday morning's schedule instead of Friday night's slot. And that pushes the whole schedule for the day backwards. And when I received that message from the agent on Fri, I already know the response turnout will not be overwhelming or rather in HDB term; "Oversubscribed". But still, for a project with no amenities and neither near to any train station, achieving 40 over percent sold on the launch day in today's mkt is seriously bey pie liao

Quote Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    It's not as full as Commonwealth Towers but sales should be reasonable. Averaging 1250+. Afterall, it's quite a niche place. Not everyone can accept.
    Yes. I couldn't accept it either. We walked out empty handed after that. I pity my agent who has to serve us on 3 different days because we brought different family members back to view again and again. I lived in Clementi Ave 4 and I jogged along the track and past that site almost every other day. I love the extremely functional layout and I can accept everything including the location, lack of amenities and transportation woes.But what I cannot accept is the pricing. $1,250psf and a $1.3xxM price tag for a 3 bedder in such a site is unacceptable. I don't want to pay through my nose every month for this kind of quantum

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    Yes. I couldn't accept it either. We walked out empty handed after that. I pity my agent who has to serve us on 3 different days because we brought different family members back to view again and again. I lived in Clementi Ave 4 and I jogged along the track and past that site almost every other day. I love the extremely functional layout and I can accept everything including the location, lack of amenities and transportation woes.But what I cannot accept is the pricing. $1,250psf and a $1.3xxM price tag for a 3 bedder in such a site is unacceptable. I don't want to pay through my nose every month for this kind of quantum
    Hmmm... But weren't you informed earlier that the prices are $1100 to $1350 psf?
    I mean, I am just curious why you didn't go through the deal...

Hmmm... But weren't you informed earlier that the prices are $1100 to $1350 psf?
    I mean, I am just curious why you didn't go through the deal...
    Yes we were. Quantum to range from 1.14 to 1.3 plus. We came in expecting 1.18 to 1.2 for a no view 3bedder on 2nd floor. But they ask 1.27. Even a future condo facing stack 9 that should be cheaper came out more exp at 1.35. Every price we asked is 100k abv our expectations. We couldn't accept it and we walked off. 1.3xx can get me a crappy lakeville 3br for abt the same size same price. Bt at least amenities n transportation is not an issue there. My wife and I felt that we have already compromised so much but we are still asked to pay 100psf abv our original expectation price. 1150 to 1180psf is our max acceptable price range and that is only available in the 3br dual keys. Nope that doesnt fancy us either as the layout is not family friendly and we view sharp corners of the opposite block (fengshui thingy). So no choice we gotta give up lor

I see I see.
    Yes not comfortable with the purchase should just walk. So many choices out there, especially resale.

I see I see.
    Yes not comfortable with the purchase should just walk. So many choices out there, especially resale.
    Oh yes... Precisely choices galore that's why we set a target price and if we don't get it, we need to walk off. We really like the quiet and serenity of WF. But we may be better off with resale in the botannia or varsity park clusters. Just waiting out I guess... Anyway our gal is in JC 2 and gg Uni next year. We would like to see which uni is she really heading before firming up anything la...

Oh yes... Precisely choices galore that's why we set a target price and if we don't get it, we need to walk off. We really like the quiet and serenity of WF. But we may be better off with resale in the botannia or varsity park clusters. Just waiting out I guess... Anyway our gal is in JC 2 and gg Uni next year. We would like to see which uni is she really heading before firming up anything la...
    Haha looks like West side condos will very much be your top choices then. Unless she's going to the new SUTD campus...

Haha looks like West side condos will very much be your top choices then. Unless she's going to the new SUTD campus...
    If she has to, then bo bian we gotta make the move too!

I thought Lakeville is better.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    I thought Lakeville is better.
    LV has its merits and fair share of drawbacks. The competition to sell or rent out in 10-15 yrs time will be intense with the number of condos and ECs that are sprouting up in the Taman Jurong area. Additionally the coco smell does matters to us too! (Very picky hor )

Nonetheless LV is also under our radar screen in case the gal chooses to go NTU. So we are playing by ear. At the moment, she is expressing interest to go NUS instead so it is still D5 for us for now...

LV has its merits and fair share of drawbacks. The competition to sell or rent out in 10-15 yrs time will be intense with the number of condos and ECs that are sprouting up in the Taman Jurong area. Additionally the coco smell does matters to us too! (Very picky hor )

Nonetheless LV is also under our radar screen in case the gal chooses to go NTU. So we are playing by ear. At the moment, she is expressing interest to go NUS instead so it is still D5 for us for now...
    International Business Park and Tuas are still expanding to create more jobs. These few condos around Jurong Lake District should be quite safe from competition.

International Business Park and Tuas are still expanding to create more jobs. These few condos around Jurong Lake District should be quite safe from competition.
    Agreed. But will take a while to see and feel the impact bah. Anyway scali tok so much here end up the gal go SMU then we will have to go settle for 8RS instead

Yes we were. Quantum to range from 1.14 to 1.3 plus. We came in expecting 1.18 to 1.2 for a no view 3bedder on 2nd floor. But they ask 1.27. Even a future condo facing stack 9 that should be cheaper came out more exp at 1.35. Every price we asked is 100k abv our expectations. We couldn't accept it and we walked off. 1.3xx can get me a crappy lakeville 3br for abt the same size same price. Bt at least amenities n transportation is not an issue there. My wife and I felt that we have already compromised so much but we are still asked to pay 100psf abv our original expectation price. 1150 to 1180psf is our max acceptable price range and that is only available in the 3br dual keys. Nope that doesnt fancy us either as the layout is not family friendly and we view sharp corners of the opposite block (fengshui thingy). So no choice we gotta give up lor
    The 3br dual keys also not really as low as $1,180psf, keke...
    Dropped you a private msg about price. Not convenient here.

yes and what if basement car park ?

dun know because did not even go into the showroom after inspecting the
    surrounding
    Yes, it is basement carpark. Keke...

Agreed. But will take a while to see and feel the impact bah. Anyway scali tok so much here end up the gal go SMU then we will have to go settle for 8RS instead
    SMU is good but expensive. NTU is too far west. Both NUS and NTU churn out too many similar graduates. We will see the impact a few years down the road.

SMU is good but expensive. NTU is too far west. Both NUS and NTU churn out too many similar graduates. We will see the impact a few years down the road.
    SMU has a good track record for getting hired fast by MNCs with good starting pay. But aiyah SMU so centralised, stay where also convenient.

Default waterfront price

isint price the same ? u have better discount?

quite surprised that this dev managed to sell quite well despite the price...guess there are still many buyers out there buying for stay...

Quote Originally Posted by nydeidith View Post
    quite surprised that this dev managed to sell quite well despite the price...guess there are still many buyers out there buying for stay...
    Should have a mrt station nearby in future. Maybe thats why?

Quote Originally Posted by nydeidith View Post
    Home stay buyers have different needs and criterias when choosing which condo to buy as compared to investment buyers. That explained the difference in purchase decisions. I stayed in a condo with 600+ units on top of a commercial development near bus interchange n mrt station. Condo are always full of visitors and facilities are usually packed with users. Driving back home during peak hours its a chore as I have to squeeze with buses or shoppers who parked at the commercial development. I would appreciate a quieter environment if I am looking for another unit just for a change. Of course I know I have to pay equivalent or higher price for it knowing I will miss the convenience of transport and amenities. To each his own.

Thanks Dude, reply in a minute

Ya SMU atas and bey pee. Lagi more reason to have passive income soon to help soothe the monetary impact on us. Right now she is under a lot of stress trying to handle her prelims and A Lvl and she told us she won't accompany us anymore on any showflat viewing till its over. Very cham seeing the younger generations so stressed out over academics nowadays.