Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Faber Walk Site

The walk from Trilinq to Clementi MRT station is about 550 metres, which is about 10 min walk. Just avoid track-facing units.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    The walk from Trilinq to Clementi MRT station is about 550 metres, which is about 10 min walk. Just avoid track-facing units.
    actaully, 6 minutes walk in normal paces when I was lucky, not waiting too long time for the traffic light to turn green.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    actaully, 6 minutes walk in normal paces when I was lucky, not waiting too long time for the traffic light to turn green.
    Yes, 10 min is the maximum I quoted to give a good buffer. There is a possibility that Trilinq may have to give a discount later. My guess is some time end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    ... So I am not sure how seasoned Developers like IOI is planning to redeem itself in Clementi... Land price of $5xx selling at $13xx is seriously . ...
    The land price is $5xx, but factor in construction and other costs, the breakeven is close to $1000. So if you can get anything at $1,100, its quite a fair deal. Developer earn about $100~$150. That being said, I don't like Trilinq's facing and too near highway and school. In front noise, behind noise. Everywhere sun. No distinctive feature to set itself apart. Reminds me of a few other projects. High class HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    The land price is $5xx, but factor in construction and other costs, the breakeven is close to $1000. So if you can get anything at $1,100, its quite a fair deal. Developer earn about $100~$150. That being said, I don't like Trilinq's facing and too near highway and school. In front noise, behind noise. Everywhere sun. No distinctive feature to set itself apart. Reminds me of a few other projects. High class HDB.
    some people bough hdb at 400k several years ago, it is unfair they are selling the hdb now at 800k plus.

some bought condo at 500k in 2005 and now selling it at more than 1000k, even more unfair.

land price of triling was cheaper than that of waterfront, not fair either.

Curious to know exactly how many units were sold as at today for faber. Went to showflat didnt see any chart. Ask the property agent there said more than 100 sold. Read from todays paper mentioned 86-88. Agents who contributed to this thread, any idea whats the number like?

Hi Albon15,

based on my source, waterfront@faber has sold 85 units as of today.

more infor for waterfront@faber project homepage: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/waterfront-at-faber/

For fast response enquiry, pls contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

Thanks for the prompt response.

Quote Originally Posted by kaedenong View Post
    Hi Albon15,

based on my source, waterfront@faber has sold 85 units as of today.

more infor for waterfront@faber project homepage: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/waterfront-at-faber/

For fast response enquiry, pls contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

Hi Albon15,

Received a private message from you but am not able to reply to you pm as you have disabled yourself from receiving pm

I'm curious to know if anyone has a ground floor unit with really high ceiling. Love them in the showrooms and the potential of building up.

However I think they are a cleaning nightmare especially there's no maid and no man at home. Even changing a lightbulb would be such a hassle~

So as lovely as they look, the practical decision is not to get one. For me that is.

Reset my setting. You shd b able to send pm to me. Sorry abt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi Albon15,

Received a private message from you but am not able to reply to you pm as you have disabled yourself from receiving pm

Default Any other projects with high ceiling n loft or furniture deck at their showflats?

Any other projects with high ceiling n loft or furniture deck at their showflats? I like the concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone has a ground floor unit with really high ceiling. Love them in the showrooms and the potential of building up.

However I think they are a cleaning nightmare especially there's no maid and no man at home. Even changing a lightbulb would be such a hassle~

So as lovely as they look, the practical decision is not to get one. For me that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Albon15 View Post
    Any other projects with high ceiling n loft or furniture deck at their showflats? I like the concepts.
    Many. But do note that the maximum allowable area for platform/loft/furniture decks is only 5m2 as mandated by BCA.

Anything more need to ask for permission from many more parties as they will evaluate if the maximum GFA had been fulfilled and floor loading etc.

See below link:
    http://www.sisv.org.sg/Hottopic/e-ne...CA_15Nov11.pdf

I am aware of the ruling. 5m2 is fine for typical bedrooms of 9m2 (as long as it consists only the top platform n not the platform and stairs). If not I have to do vertical stairs or steps. Any loft contractor contacts to share? Want to see how feasible loft is for faber.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    Many. But do note that the maximum allowable area for platform/loft/furniture decks is only 5m2 as mandated by BCA.

Anything more need to ask for permission from many more parties as they will evaluate if the maximum GFA had been fulfilled and floor loading etc.

See below link:
    http://www.sisv.org.sg/Hottopic/e-ne...CA_15Nov11.pdf

Default waterfront@faber

I shd go measure the faber showflat furniture deck area to see if they exceed 5m2. Haha.

Default Any other Faber owners?

Curious. Any actual owner of faber around here other than Jem??

The Creek near Beauty World has it. Good quality equipment and finishing given. And strangely they build the showflat to really actual. The agent who attended to me even clearly pointed out void areas and such. It's FH but I feel it's too pricey and the floor plans of smaller units didn't suit me.

I shd go measure the faber showflat furniture deck area to see if they exceed 5m2. Haha.
    It will be very close! I was very tempted by their ground floor showflat because I thought I can do a decking in the living room to host and to assess to more display shelves that shall be built at the top just like what the showroom unit displays. But after learning about the 5m2, I dropped the idea completely. Oops!

I am aware of the ruling. 5m2 is fine for typical bedrooms of 9m2 (as long as it consists only the top platform n not the platform and stairs). If not I have to do vertical stairs or steps. Any loft contractor contacts to share? Want to see how feasible loft is for faber.
    Junction Nine Residences penthouse units also have it.

So does Floraview in YCK as well

Faber ground floor minus false ceiling ground floor is 4.27m. The ceiling mounted aircon (cassette) takes about 0.23m. So in all, 4.5m. Ground floor.

*Sorry, saw wrong. Thought height. Cannot delete. Oops.. haha*

Based on my PDI for 1 of the units, the common bedroom with furniture deck for ground floor is 9m2 inclusive of furniture deck. So you can guesstimate,

Hi All, need advice from the expert here. I am looking at the waterfront at Faber for the school purposes. Layout is good but location is fantastic. Agent told me that the rental yield is not bad which can refer to nearby project. I am not familiar with this area. Appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kskong2000 View Post
    Hi All, need advice from the expert here. I am looking at the waterfront at Faber for the school purposes. Layout is good but location is fantastic. Agent told me that the rental yield is not bad which can refer to nearby project. I am not familiar with this area. Appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you.
    800+m from Nanhua Primary School. Trilinq is next door to Nanhua.

But to get in to NHPS school even with <1km at phase 2C is very difficult. Other schools in the vicinity but a little further away are good neighborhood schools like Qifa, Qifa, Peitong etc. Good secondary schools nearby are abundant - Nanhua High School, NUS High School, ACS, Fairfield etc although they probably require school bus or for you to chauffeur, as this development only has access to AYE, which is enough for some but not for others. MRT station maybe 1.6km away.

Next door project to Waterfront @ Faber is Faber Crest. Can check URA for rental caveat to approximate, although Faber Crest is much nearer to the MRT line and about 13 years old. Can cycle around the Park Connector to get a feel - its just beside the connector network.

I am not an agent but have a relative if you need help. All the best!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

LTA is planning to build a bus depot opposite the canal of this development: http://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page...2-3d23fb7a9e2a. Will there be an increase in the noise level around the area?

Default along the whole boundary ? pollution

Last edited by Heng; 04-04-15 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by desirenlure View Post
    LTA is planning to build a bus depot opposite the canal of this development: http://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page...2-3d23fb7a9e2a. Will there be an increase in the noise level around the area?
    Guess it's not only the sound but also the sight and scent that come along with it.

Can always visit any of the bus depots in Singapore to have a preview first.

Guess waterfront@faber shld be rename as depotfront@faber now.

I hope buyers of the waterfront stacks are not paying a premium as compared to buyers of the non-waterfront stacks. Or else really lugi big time already.

Anyway that site is designated as a reserve site in ura masterplan, hence the govt can do anything with it.

Hope potential buyers of kingsford waterbay can learn a lesson here.
    Last edited by MrTan; 04-04-15 at 16:20.

According to ura website, out of 210 units, 111 have been sold cumulatively as at end feb. Total 99 units remain unsold. 6 units have been sold in feb.

Waterfront stacks buyers do pay a premium over those buying non-waterfront stacks. I presume they believe that the view across the water should be acceptable as a business park in future given that a road was already in place and it's named Business Park Drive. But nobody expects it to turn out to be a bus depot in future.

Guess gotta rename road to Bus Depot Drive in future.

They should have sold quite a number in March. LTA announced this a bit too late for people to make calculated decisions. The prices have dipped significantly from originally projected 1300psf to now 11++ and 12++ psf. Based on just the general location and the internal offering, the price is a steal, although the depot should have a psychological penalty.

The onus is now on LTA and the company awarded the tender to ensure that that the depot design takes careful consideration of the residential units just across the bank. From the plans accessed in GEBIZ, there are green roofs and 6m sound barrier to minimise the impact. It will be a true test of the modern and considerate design that our Govt touted. Nonetheless, there are bound to be a large number of people who will be uncomfortable, which is understandable. Privacy is guaranteed, but that is about the only clear advantage at the moment; everything else is up in the air.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I am an owner of Waterfront at Faber. This sounds a very bad news for me. Can anyone pose the drawing and plan ( green roofs and 6m sound barrier) accessed in GEBIZ? I can't access to it. Thanks.

Just hope they don't cut down the tree along the canal bank.