Thread: Prospects for property investment in Iskandar?

Default Prospects for property investment in Iskandar?

Hi all,

I am a newbie to this forum which I find interesting. I am married with 2 Young boys and am in the process of buying my 3rd property, this time in JB. Financed 10 0% with an equity loan on my terraced house. Would like some opinions on this since I have yet to sign my S&P. Rental which agent says should be no problem is about $5000 ringgit a mth which still gives me passive income after paying the mortgage as interest is 1.48% fixed for 2 yrs. Hopefully, property will rise 5% a yr and after 10 yrs, I can have an option to sell to help pay for my sons uni education. Any advice on if this is a wise move? wouldany inputs appreciate any inputs.

You need to assume the worst and that you cannot rent your place out.
    You need to rework your calculations
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

yup u have to be exra careful as u r taking an equity loan against ur property. the worst case is tat u lose ur terrace house.judge for urself the risk and reward.

Whoa, that is a scary thought. I have asked my banker many times about when the bank will make a margin call but she keeps saying it is unlikely in my case as it is 60% so my property has to fall 40% and also there are many with 80% which will be affected 1st. Also as our credit is good and my job is very stable, it is unlikely. Worse case I supposed is that we sell our terrace and move to our iskandar house and I commute here to work and send my sons to international schools over there.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Hi all,

I am a newbie to this forum which I find interesting. I am married with 2 Young boys and am in the process of buying my 3rd property, this time in JB. Financed 10 0% with an equity loan on my terraced house. Would like some opinions on this since I have yet to sign my S&P. Rental which agent says should be no problem is about $5000 ringgit a mth which still gives me passive income after paying the mortgage as interest is 1.48% fixed for 2 yrs. Hopefully, property will rise 5% a yr and after 10 yrs, I can have an option to sell to help pay for my sons uni education. Any advice on if this is a wise move? wouldany inputs appreciate any inputs.
    u better check on the rental portion. how confident of getting rm 5000.

The ex-owner rented it out for $4500 ringgit and other owners of similar houses in that estate are asking for even higher than $5000 ringgit. There was a french couple who asked to view it within a few days of putting it up already.

Sounds like you're buying into East Ledang -- if so, 5k RM rental is not an issue. Expats love that place.

Oh no, not East Ledang. Houses there are too expensive and I believe fetch higher rental. I am actually buying Austin Height semi detached. Near Jusco, Tesco , international and local schools, Sunway college and a hospital. Parked at their Jusco carpark for a few hrs when I went there and only cost $1 ringgit! Can u believe it?

its easy to find rental now because most of the new launches are not going to be completed as yet.

Ask yourself this question, if you are really using rental to offset your mortgages, will you be able to find tenants for your place when Medini / Puteri Harbour/ Danga Bay starts sprouting in 2015 -2016?

Is your place gated?

Location is one thing, but dont forget - a condo glut is coming to town - 3 years down the road!

Oh no, not East Ledang. Houses there are too expensive and I believe fetch higher rental. I am actually buying Austin Height semi detached. Near Jusco, Tesco , international and local schools, Sunway college and a hospital. Parked at their Jusco carpark for a few hrs when I went there and only cost $1 ringgit! Can u believe it?
    As long as you've done your sums and have prepared to hold for the longterm, should be ok. Semi-d in G&G are not that common and values should appreciate nicely in long run.

If buying new, be prepared to fork out a bit of money for renovation.

Good point you brought up. Fortunately, I am able to pay the mortgage even without any tenants for my 2 investment properties so it should be quite safe. I guess I will treat it as a weekend home if it is untenanted and just wait for capital appreciation or as a retirement home in future.

Welcome to investment in JB Better leave the rental income aside when you invest in JB and landed yield is among the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by tradert
    As long as you've done your sums and have prepared to hold for the longterm, should be ok. Semi-d in G&G are not that common and values should appreciate nicely in long run.

If buying new, be prepared to fork out a bit of money for renovation.
    It is a subsale, so already renovated. Thanks for your encouragement. Have done my sums and should be able to hold for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Welcome to investment in JB Better leave the rental income aside when you invest in JB and landed yield is among the worst.
    Hi Hyenergix! I've been reading yr posts and know you're vested there too right? May I know which areas you bought, how has it been and if u r living in jb or here? Glad to hear from u and thanks for the welcome!

Hi Hyenergix! I've been reading yr posts and know you're vested there too right? May I know which areas you bought, how has it been and if u r living in jb or here? Glad to hear from u and thanks for the welcome!
    Nusa Bestari and Desa Tebrau. Not staying there but bought for own use as Singapore is getting too congested and expensive. There are more info here than I can provide: http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay...o-Living-In-JB

Default KL Property

Hi

In reply to your query on Iskandar property, I would like to suggest that you consider KL property too.

In fact KL property is a better bet, cos rental yield in KL is higher , and there is now a ready tenant market for your property.
    Being the capital and the financial hub and also the place where most company branch office, head office and regional HQ are located, it is easier to find prospective tenants

I am marketing some SOHO business units in Jalan Ampang, called 3 Towers.
    Do check out my website for video and more details
    www.malaysian-properties.com

On this site you will also see there is another very good investment prospect. A service apartment with students as tenant, on a guaranteed scheme.
    That means you get guaranteed rental income for the next 6 years.

Call me or private message me if you are keen to find out more.
    Thank you . Rgds
    Rick Savills
    9109 2177

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Nusa Bestari and Desa Tebrau. Not staying there but bought for own use as Singapore is getting too congested and expensive. There are more info here than I can provide: http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay...o-Living-In-JB
    Hyenergix rocks!
    She's right!