Page 192 of 195 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1944

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

My Son cry when he was at the French embassy doing his VISA, my heart aches but I need to what I need to do.

Moving from one comfort zone is not easy.

My Son can now travel the World like taking BMW.

Out of curiosity, any forumers vested in this, or went to the actual site before? 50% E&O, 25% Khazanah, 25% Temasek Holdings collaboration. Terrace starting price is S$388k, and they are selling at Four Seasons Hotel this weekend.

Curious about the build quality, but too busy this weekend to pop by to kaypoh.

http://avira-medini.com/mobile/index.php

Beware!
    I was told that Medini properties are mostly 99-years leasehold!
    I tried looking at your link and no where was it mentioned whether it is freehold (as almost all Malaysia properties are) or 99-years leasehold (as I was told).............

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Out of curiosity, any forumers vested in this, or went to the actual site before? 50% E&O, 25% Khazanah, 25% Temasek Holdings collaboration. Terrace starting price is S$388k, and they are selling at Four Seasons Hotel this weekend.

Curious about the build quality, but too busy this weekend to pop by to kaypoh.

http://avira-medini.com/mobile/index.php

Yes you are right, Confirm 99 years!
    Don't ever buy 99 years LH in Malaysia because no locals will buy from you in future

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Beware!
    I was told that Medini properties are mostly 99-years leasehold!
    I tried looking at your link and no where was it mentioned whether it is freehold (as almost all Malaysia properties are) or 99-years leasehold (as I was told).............

Ah thanks!!! yup u guys are right! Indeed 99+30 years (cos Medini area).

I have done a paper evaluation for this project.
    E&O builds with quality but their properties come with a very high price tag as compare to others.
    The land area is really too small, and too many units...in term of investment...very poor return I supposed.
    In term of own stay....not shoik

It is better to buy a bigger landed Semi-D or D instead of this.
    Some Semi-D / D there are really good.....I love the space...but no plan to buy

I have a semi-d freehold (gated and guarded compound) in Iskandar which is about 15mins walk to Aeon mall, with a built up area of more than 4000sqft and bought for MYR 0.95M many years back. Considered exp when I first got it, though pricing is alright in today's context.

Sigh the house came with tonnes of defects, roof leaked after a while, electrical loading was not properly done, even earthing of the live wires and lightning protection was not done. 😂 Nothing is shocking after a while. I replaced all the water pipes, replaced all the floor tiles, imported my own materials from Singapore and redid the interior. Sigh I won't go through this kind of mega exercise again. Hubs and I told ourselves that the next time we buy anything in MY, the builder is of utmost importance. Hence got interested when I saw that E&O is launching this. Price tag is reasonable, but tenure is a bit off. But then again, MY is always for self stay and enjoyment, rather than for investment.

Ah, even for E&O, a famous quality builder, many things become problems after defect period.

I am so sick of all these problems, and to a certain extent, no time to address....really give up

On top...borrowing cost is much higher in My and M$ is depreciating...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Ah, even for E&O, a famous quality builder, many things become problems after defect period.

I am so sick of all these problems, and to a certain extent, no time to address....really give up

On top...borrowing cost is much higher in My and M$ is depreciating...
    Agree.

Having said that, I do regret paying up for the Malaysian property in full (at exchange rate of 2.5) rather than taking a loan. Had I taken a loan, the place would have cost me abt S$300k, rather than S$376k.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Agree.

Having said that, I do regret paying up for the Malaysian property in full (at exchange rate of 2.5) rather than taking a loan. Had I taken a loan, the place would have cost me abt S$300k, rather than S$376k.
    If you sell now how much will you get after the exchange to SGD.

Was thinking of buying a unit there.