Page 196 of 200 FirstFirst ... 96146186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1994

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    If Biz good why want to sell, if biz bad why want to buy. Move with care.
    It is not as good as it usedto be but still profitable.

They showed me the gst receipts. About 11k for 3 mths to 19k rm for 3 mths. And gst is 6%. So biz revenue about 1 mil rm last yr and he says there is undeclared income too. Claims rm500k profit last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post

They showed me the gst receipts. About 11k for 3 mths to 19k rm for 3 mths. And gst is 6%. So biz revenue about 1 mil rm last yr and he says there is undeclared income too. Claims rm500k profit last yr.
    Still got to move with care.

Congrats Mummy.. your dream comes true!
    Enjoy your life

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Congrats Mummy.. your dream comes true!
    Enjoy your life
    Thanks, hubby still needs some convincing though...

Good to find out more about running a business operation and licensing requirements there. Depending on area, crime rate may be an issue. You speak or write Malay? We realised soon enough that everything that matters is in Malay over there, from government rules, to conversing with vendors, and even getting a choked pipe cleared require some competency in Malay.

If your kid is still young, good for him to stay in Sg to complete schooling first. You guys can move over when he enlists into the army. A few years from now, but will be a huge difference in terms of environment to the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Good to find out more about running a business operation and licensing requirements there. Depending on area, crime rate may be an issue. You speak or write Malay? We realised soon enough that everything that matters is in Malay over there, from government rules, to conversing with vendors, and even getting a choked pipe cleared require some competency in Malay.

If your kid is still young, good for him to stay in Sg to complete schooling first. You guys can move over when he enlists into the army. A few years from now, but will be a huge difference in terms of environment to the kid.
    Fully Agree. I rather stay in HDB than a bungalow in JB. Many reasons. Safety is one, convenience is also one and especially if i have young kids.
    But to each his own.

Thanks, hubby still needs some convincing though...
    Hi Mummy,
    Have you moved there already? Was thinking to buy a place in Puteri Harbour for future retirement too.
    With no HSR and no idea whether JB-SG train will happen, I wonder whether property prices around Puteri Harbour is taking a big hit now.
    Anyone who is there now? Am worrying investors may just leave the place in a dump without paying maintenance fees as no one is renting or buying from them.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn View Post
    Hi Mummy,
    Have you moved there already? Was thinking to buy a place in Puteri Harbour for future retirement too.
    With no HSR and no idea whether JB-SG train will happen, I wonder whether property prices around Puteri Harbour is taking a big hit now.
    Anyone who is there now? Am worrying investors may just leave the place in a dump without paying maintenance fees as no one is renting or buying from them.
    Don't buy as you cannot find the buyer for the property next time. Quality is highly questionable

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn View Post
    Hi Mummy,
    I have a landed housing in JB, near Bt Indah, not Puteri Harbour. My advice - buy only for self stay, not for investment. And stay away from condos. You need to research the area. Get somewhere that is well occupied by the locals, and not ghost towns that are predominantly owned by foreign nationals.

Like what many forummers shared, quality is a huge issue in Malaysia. Be prepared to do a lot of rectification on your own. My Singapore contractor actually trucked the sand, cement, copper piping, wiring, tiles, with his own Singapore team of workers, to JB in order to do a lot of the rectification and renovation work for me. Access to skilled workers is a problem over there. Even stuffs such as exterior lightning protection and electrical surge protection, I need to source the team from KL/Klang to come over and install. It was a time consuming effort that took me 10 months to eventually see light at end of tunnel.

For landed, you have the ability to rebuild or strip out. Condos will suffer from a lack of building maintenance, and poor build quality, with time. Hope this helps.