Page 197 of 200 FirstFirst ... 97147187188189190191192193194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 1994

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

  1. #1961
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    8,036

    Default

    “We are not going to give visas for people to come and live here,” he added.

    Malaysia My Second Home http://mm2hformalaysia.com/?gclid=Cj...BoCScwQAvD_BwE

    Fake News

  2. #1962
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    SCMP is unlikely to publish fake news. Mahathir is doing a U turn for broad support. He is known to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    “We are not going to give visas for people to come and live here,” he added.

    Malaysia My Second Home http://mm2hformalaysia.com/?gclid=Cj...BoCScwQAvD_BwE

    Fake News
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  3. #1963
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    Read more first before u post

  4. #1964
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    8,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Read more first before u post
    When you tell people it is fake News they will read more otherwise who cares.

  5. #1965

    Default

    Buying property in Malaysia unless you have relative or intending to migrate there for good is like burying your gold bars in malaysian soil.Problem is how to take out the gold and bring back when you have a change of plans.

  6. #1966
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    My property investment experience in Malaysia
    1. very easy to buy, huge supply
    2. very very difficult to find tenants and next buyers
    3. very very difficult to maintain and upkeep the property
    4. after selling, it takes ages to claim back the Real Estate Gain Tax (they deduct X% from sales processed first and will refund when there is surplus)
    5. It takes at least 5-7 months for completion
    6. M$ exchange risk

    List goes on

  7. #1967

    Default

    Mdm, thank you for sharing. I am aso not a big fan of Malaysia properties. Plenty of uncertainties.

  8. #1968
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    We have sold our terrace in Sg and in the process of selling our MM too to claim back Absd which we paid when we bought a replacement freehold 3 bedder condo to stay.

    Hubby had refused to go to JB so no choice. He says JB is our backup plan only and wsnts kids to study in Sg too.

    I guess it is because he found a well paying job here so he is reluctant to move.

    Anyway, we should have a fully paid up condo in Sg and a fully paid up semid in JB soon. Plus some cash and CPF.

    Feels good to soon be debt free. Except for the car tho.

    From over a million dollar in debt with 3 properties, now we r debt free soon with 2 properties.

    I chose to do that cause I believe to be financially free, one must first be debt free.

    Will work harder next year to try to save more money. Have been resting too much this year. But I needed and enjoyed the no pay rest days after working non stop for almost 20 years.

  9. #1969
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    We have sold our terrace in Sg and in the process of selling our MM too to claim back Absd which we paid when we bought a replacement freehold 3 bedder condo to stay.

    Hubby had refused to go to JB so no choice. He says JB is our backup plan only and wsnts kids to study in Sg too.

    I guess it is because he found a well paying job here so he is reluctant to move.

    Anyway, we should have a fully paid up condo in Sg and a fully paid up semid in JB soon. Plus some cash and CPF.

    Feels good to soon be debt free. Except for the car tho.

    From over a million dollar in debt with 3 properties, now we r debt free soon with 2 properties.

    I chose to do that cause I believe to be financially free, one must first be debt free.

    Will work harder next year to try to save more money. Have been resting too much this year. But I needed and enjoyed the no pay rest days after working non stop for almost 20 years.
    According to the official rules for ABSD remission, the arrangement is not eligible. My interpretation.

    Have you spoken to a proper conveyancing lawyer about all your thinking?

    https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Oth...arried-Couple/

    There is one condition that makes it eligible. Quite interesting though.
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 22nd October 2018 at 07:21 AM.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  10. #1970
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    According to the official rules for ABSD remission, the arrangement is not eligible. My interpretation.

    Have you spoken to a proper conveyancing lawyer about all your thinking?

    https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Oth...arried-Couple/

    There is one condition that makes it eligible. Quite interesting though.
    My law firm's employee says should be ok. It does not say that the property we r selling has to be a matrimonial home like u claimed. The website at IRAS does not say that it has to be a matrimonial home.

Posting Permissions