Page 2 of 200 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Just feeling tired of working and also worried of my sons' future in Singapore. They will be competing with so called foreign talents when they graduate and Singapore education system is so stressful. When Singapore is filled with 7 million, I think it will be overcrowded and unliveable, that is why I am buying into JB now before things get more difficult with so many curbs , property cooling measures and rising prices. I think we all need to seriously think about retirement if not we may just end up being cleaners or taxi-drivers in our old age as foreigners take our jobs in our 40s and 50s!

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Its so true... Living in a big landed house is not like it crack up to be. Too much maintenance. When u go on holiday, u must lock up the entire house and report to the security. In small apartment u just lock one door and its done. To maintain my house in Jkt I need a small army. Mopping the floor twice a day, painting the outside wall every 2 years, fixing the tile, roof and garden. Even servicing 5 units of aircon every 6 months is a pain.

The house I bought in Austin heights is a cluster semi-d, not really a gigantic landed house, built-up 3000sq ft and land 2660sq ft. I think it is still manageable to maintain. My husband always want to go for freehold and doesn't believe in leasehold properties as he believes the value will eventually fall, hence we sold our EC when we bought the terrace.

so many people wanna retire in their 30s...I'll be working till i step in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK
    so many people wanna retire in their 30s...I'll be working till i step in the coffin
    That sounds really sad...That is why you must start planning now. Many HDB owners are renting out their Singapore flats and then renting in JB where the rental is really cheap, they also have some passive income from it. Mebbe u can consider that if you live in a HDB.

I believe a lot of the frenzy for JB condos like Setia Sky88 could be by Singaporeans hoping to retire there and rent out their Singapore properties. It could be a good idea as Singapore is really not a good place to retire and it needs young people to work and grow the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    I believe a lot of the frenzy for JB condos like Setia Sky88 could be by Singaporeans hoping to retire there and rent out their Singapore properties. It could be a good idea as Singapore is really not a good place to retire and it needs young people to work and grow the economy.

Actually TS knows what is best for herself and her family.

It might just be a trend in five years time that people are moving to JB to semi retire and rent out their Singapore properties. By then maybe the infra structure and other problems in JB are somewhat mitigated. Then the cost would be higher too.

I am somewhat surprised to see so much negative sentiments about moving to JB to semi retire. This actually makes me think about how people reacts negatively to MM five years ago and gradually developing to a stage that almost everybody is grabbing one.

Cool

Singapore is best place to retire if u are belly rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27
    Actually TS knows what is best for herself and her family.

It might just be a trend in five years time that people are moving to JB to semi retire and rent out their Singapore properties. By then maybe the infra structure and other problems in JB are somewhat mitigated. Then the cost would be higher too.

I am somewhat surprised to see so much negative sentiments about moving to JB to semi retire. This actually makes me think about how people reacts negatively to MM five years ago and gradually developing to a stage that almost everybody is grabbing one.
    Thanks for the positive input. I am not belly rich so I need to do this and also I think I need to spend more time with my kids as they grow up. Also think as a developing country, there is more potential for growth than a developed country. Singapore may just go into stagflation like Japan for many years in the future.

Hi, just want to share my plan to retire or semiretire soon in jb and get opinions from u guys.
    I have a terrace house now and a mm unit top in 2016. If I can rent out both, it can give me a passive income of about $3000 sing dollars which can sustain my family in malaysia. Just bought a semi d in jb Austin area, gated and guarded, just besides international and local schools which my 2 sons can go to. The sing rental can also cover its mortgage. When I need more money for uni edu for my sons or retirement, I can sell my terrace house. Really tired of working and things being so expensive here. Hopefully my plan can come true. What do u gurus think?
    My plan is simiar, but instead of JB, i would choose KLCC area as a base for retirement as I want an upgrade in lifestyle.

Thanks for the advice. That is why I may do semi retirement instead as I am only 38 and will prob be bored after a while. My job is very flexible and it pays well, that is the good thing. I can always choose to work near customs and take mrt when the jb to sing link is up in 2018.

U must also remember in JB are always foreigner. U will always be the punching bag for the Malaysia politics. when u have enough sgpean in JB mark my words they will punish the sgparean coz u cannot leave. and u don't vote there...

I have many pass experience in the Malaysia property curbs in 97. The CLOB etc. I never trust the malaysia goverment to safe guard or respect Foreign investment.

You will be welcome when they want ur money. when they need a punching back you will be the 1st to be sacrfieced to. For me at least in SGP we are clear with the policies.

Another thing you want to consider is JB growth are all dependent on Singapore. if Singapore flouters.. JB will bear the bulks of the impact too. i.e. worst than SGP.

from a value preservation perspective. I find SGP better.

The way I look at it is. I personally rather rent out sgp property and rent in malaysia. Dont like it can pack up and go. buy in malaysia u never know they change policy to target sgpean then when u want to sell they implement capital control and restrice $ from being being out.. then really LAN LAN liao.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs