Page 49 of 200 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Malacca is nice for food.
    Next time when the HSR is up..I look forward to going there for weekend makan spree.
    Can consider going to new shopping spree at Vedro Mall by 2016. Only few minutes away from Jonker walk.

http://www.vedromall.com/

sigh...maid wants to break contract, europe plans scuttled as so many pple around me thini it is an extravagance......hopefully can get the 3500。refund as promised and use it for a family holiday nearby...club med sounds good for children.....anyone has a good maid agency to recommend?

eagerly awaiting the malaysian budget announcement today.....hopefully, their policies on foreign ownership of houses will be clearer after today. worst case scenario , if i am unable to sell, my family will just live there and commute to singapore in the future since i have a car. i have paid 10 percent of the purchase price with borrowed money, paying back 1200 a month for a few months, now awaiting the state consent, once, it is given i have to pay the rest within about 3 mths. really, hope for more clarification of the rules before my husband and i commit to the purchase. i am ok to buy it for longterm eventual retirement cum weekend home but husband more keen on it as a rental home and investment. i guess i can take over ownership and payment if i really want it.....have to make hubby happy with any arrangement as all our properties are coowned...

working less now, since not going to europe.....my motivation to work hard is gone......

better work life balance this way i guess, have to teach children from young that money doesnt drop from the sky, 4 year old was pretty good yesterday, did put away his toys for me, a chore, and i rewarded him with 50 cents, his first money earned, now what chore shall i ask my older one to do to make hime earn money...wash the car maybe....at this rate, i can save on hiring a maid.......follow the american system of making children earn their keep from young, i think it is a great idea!.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    working less now, since not going to europe.....my motivation to work hard is gone......
    Mummy, u let daddy do the work.
    U just stay at home and be a SAHM cum tai tai.
    A bag full of tricks !

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    sigh...maid wants to break contract, europe plans scuttled as so many pple around me thini it is an extravagance......hopefully can get the 3500。refund as promised and use it for a family holiday nearby...club med sounds good for children.....anyone has a good maid agency to recommend?
    sending mine home today as she doesn't want to renew contract. trying to get another one now. i used homekeeper last time, but don't like their attitude, so going to other agencies...

try jack focus,they seem to be the only one with maids available from phillipines within one month, esp if u have kids....but quite ex....500 bucks with weekly day off.

Quote Originally Posted by chloechen View Post
    Mummy, u let daddy do the work.
    U just stay at home and be a SAHM cum tai tai.
    My dream...... but my job more stable than my husband one and pays better, so it makes more sense for me to work....

Happy with the budget announcement of min price now 1 million ringgit for foreigners, bigger market for me in the future if i want to sell....