Page 4 of 200 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Actually, with a terrace house and an MM, and still think cant retire in Singapore, i think many singaporean can go jump down river liao.

Why dont sell the terrace house, buy a resale condo in sembawang woodlands, and use the extra cash to buy another MM? with 2 MM funding the retirement in singapore, still not enough?
    Different people have different requirements, std of living. For me, the rentals from HDB or a small condo is enough for me and my wife already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tek888
    Different people have different requirements, std of living. For me, the rentals from HDB or a small condo is enough for me and my wife already.
    The trick lies in the exchange rate. S$3000 x 2.5 = RM$7500. You can really live very well in Johor.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    TS' parents and relatives are actually Malaysians. This is the trend now: PRs are returning to Malaysia for retirement. This emotional link is something beyond dollars and sense.
    This is quite natural. You should ask the Sinkies why they choose to retire in JB...

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    This is quite natural. You should ask the Sinkies why they choose to retire in JB...
    By 2030 you will know.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    So for living there u must be sure the continue investment in infra. Take dairy farm for example. was a star project then till it fell out of plan. when the new $ went to austin. u never know what will happen next too.

for me if its a must to plonk $ in. I would rather put it in KLCC the city.. Malaysia politics can Screw JB but they will be more careful with KL city. But still can stills screw ard with the Foreign investment.

I am not concern if u can sell it or not. my question is can u own it. Look at 97 scenario. all foreigners cannot own anything under 250K. And when they come up with that rule they back date it a few yrs. basically impacting all foreigner owners who bought without haveing a chance to consider the new policies.

End up many dont own their property which was TOPing. Those unlucky ones the property never TOP coz the develop when bust coz the policy killed the property market.

so if u are buying and dont mind the risk.. make sure u buy considering the already builded infra and the property is ready to go. If u buy on Plan in Malaysia then u are at risk the future stuff might never come. thats my take.

Thanks for the sharing. Fortunately then I will be getting the title deed to the Malaysia house as I am paying full in cash from an equity loan on my Singapore terrace house which has doubled in value in 3 years.

As for my kids' education, I still can send them to Singapore schools if I semiretire in JB. It is something I have not decided on, whether to send them to international or even Chinese government school in JB (if it is allowed) or to continue schooling in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Actually, with a terrace house and an MM, and still think cant retire in Singapore, i think many singaporean can go jump down river liao.

Why dont sell the terrace house, buy a resale condo in sembawang woodlands, and use the extra cash to buy another MM? with 2 MM funding the retirement in singapore, still not enough?
    Thanks for making me laugh...I can retire in Singapore I guess but may have to worker longer I suppose than if I retire in JB. Your suggestion is a good one except that I already have one MM and am hesitant to put all my bets on MM rental, a landed is also a gold mine and I am reluctant to sell to buy more condos.

Iskandar is a cash-cow and their sovereign fund has a stake in it, so I don't think Malaysia government will slaughter it. Just stick with the well-established developers and you won't go too wrong with newly launched Malaysia properties. The premium for completed houses can be very high. Avoid developers without track records as they may not be able to complete in time or cannot afford to reimburse owners for the delay. I suspect a lot of new developers (including foreign companies) are jumping in to build new condos without realising materials and labour constraints.

Well cash ow for the current government. if najib loose will have to draw up the next "iskanda"

in 97 Foreign investment was also cash cow. Later become slaughter cow.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

The trick lies in the exchange rate. S$3000 x 2.5 = RM$7500. You can really live very well in Johor.

well a plate of chicken rice in singapore $1.5 - $3.5 in singapore.

In JB a plate of food in JB down town chicken chop kopi tiam is $5-6 Ringgit.

So to me I dont see to much value diff.. other than the bigger house and car.

but to me retirement means I will be older less mobile. Big house who clean? and medical access will be important too.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    well a plate of chicken rice in singapore $1.5 - $3.5 in singapore.

In JB a plate of food in JB down town chicken chop kopi tiam is $5-6 Ringgit.

So to me I dont see to much value diff.. other than the bigger house and car.

but to me retirement means I will be older less mobile. Big house who clean? and medical access will be important too.
    Note the portion and quality.

frankly speaking it all depends on what your expectation is ... just don't expect everything to be the same, u gain some u lose some

one may be contented with kopitiam kopi, the next guy will want min Toast box, the next guy may want Boncafe, the next guy may want Italian Illy coffee, the next guy will not accept anything with top-notch espresso machine and $100 organic coffee
    Ride at your own risk !!!