Page 5 of 392 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27
    Actually TS knows what is best for herself and her family.

It might just be a trend in five years time that people are moving to JB to semi retire and rent out their Singapore properties. By then maybe the infra structure and other problems in JB are somewhat mitigated. Then the cost would be higher too.

I am somewhat surprised to see so much negative sentiments about moving to JB to semi retire. This actually makes me think about how people reacts negatively to MM five years ago and gradually developing to a stage that almost everybody is grabbing one.

ur MM analogy s kind of not accurate. coz MM as investment is very different from someone really want to live in a MM themselves.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

wonder just 3 meals a day, not driving , no golfing, living in 3 room HDB while renting out properties asset is still not able to retire comfortably in Singapore. Something must be wrong. Our educational system is one of the best. Will going for international school in JB makes no difference to our children? Hope we are not doing it based on herd's mentality.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    U must also remember in JB are always foreigner. U will always be the punching bag for the Malaysia politics. when u have enough sgpean in JB mark my words they will punish the sgparean coz u cannot leave. and u don't vote there...

I have many pass experience in the Malaysia property curbs in 97. The CLOB etc. I never trust the malaysia goverment to safe guard or respect Foreign investment.

You will be welcome when they want ur money. when they need a punching back you will be the 1st to be sacrfieced to. For me at least in SGP we are clear with the policies.

Another thing you want to consider is JB growth are all dependent on Singapore. if Singapore flouters.. JB will bear the bulks of the impact too. i.e. worst than SGP.

from a value preservation perspective. I find SGP better.

The way I look at it is. I personally rather rent out sgp property and rent in malaysia. Dont like it can pack up and go. buy in malaysia u never know they change policy to target sgpean then when u want to sell they implement capital control and restrice $ from being being out.. then really LAN LAN liao.

Thanks for the advice. My parents were from Pahang but they converted to Singapore citizenship in their 20s so actually most of my relatives are all in Malaysia. So I don't have an issue living there for the longterm as my relatives are there. So even if I can't sell in the future, I don't really mind living there.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Thanks for the advice. My parents were from Pahang but they converted to Singapore citizenship in their 20s so actually most of my relatives are all in Malaysia. So I don't have an issue living there for the longterm as my relatives are there. So even if I can't sell in the future, I don't really mind living there.

So for living there u must be sure the continue investment in infra. Take dairy farm for example. was a star project then till it fell out of plan. when the new $ went to austin. u never know what will happen next too.

for me if its a must to plonk $ in. I would rather put it in KLCC the city.. Malaysia politics can Screw JB but they will be more careful with KL city. But still can stills screw ard with the Foreign investment.

I am not concern if u can sell it or not. my question is can u own it. Look at 97 scenario. all foreigners cannot own anything under 250K. And when they come up with that rule they back date it a few yrs. basically impacting all foreigner owners who bought without haveing a chance to consider the new policies.

End up many dont own their property which was TOPing. Those unlucky ones the property never TOP coz the develop when bust coz the policy killed the property market.

so if u are buying and dont mind the risk.. make sure u buy considering the already builded infra and the property is ready to go. If u buy on Plan in Malaysia then u are at risk the future stuff might never come. thats my take.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    wonder just 3 meals a day, not driving , no golfing, living in 3 room HDB while renting out properties asset is still not able to retire comfortably in Singapore. Something must be wrong. Our educational system is one of the best. Will going for international school in JB makes no difference to our children? Hope we are not doing it based on herd's mentality.

Actually I think its fear. that its not enough. For me personally living in JB yes more space and car. its also different from singapore. coz the infra and security concern too. If JB ever become on par with singapore infra and security. the cost will also go up.

Its like comparing cost of living in a city and a kampong. not apple to apple.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH