Page 1 of 392 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Junior

Default My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Hi, just want to share my plan to retire or semiretire soon in jb and get opinions from u guys.
    I have a terrace house now and a mm unit top in 2016. If I can rent out both, it can give me a passive income of about $3000 sing dollars which can sustain my family in malaysia. Just bought a semi d in jb Austin area, gated and guarded, just besides international and local schools which my 2 sons can go to. The sing rental can also cover its mortgage. When I need more money for uni edu for my sons or retirement, I can sell my terrace house. Really tired of working and things being so expensive here. Hopefully my plan can come true. What do u gurus think?

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Hi, just want to share my plan to retire or semiretire soon in jb and get opinions from u guys.
    I have a terrace house now and a mm unit top in 2016. If I can rent out both, it can give me a passive income of about $3000 sing dollars which can sustain my family in malaysia. Just bought a semi d in jb Austin area, gated and guarded, just besides international and local schools which my 2 sons can go to. The sing rental can also cover its mortgage. When I need more money for uni edu for my sons or retirement, I can sell my terrace house. Really tired of working and things being so expensive here. Hopefully my plan can come true. What do u gurus think?
    Trust me, soon JB will be expensive too. JKT was so much cheaper 5 years ago. But now it can be more expensive than SG. At least in SG u got a home base advantage, u know how to safe money here. In JB u will be living an "expat" lifestyle.

very good.

Things are overcrowded and expensive here.

Let's go to someone else's home and make that overcrowded and expensive for them.

Junior

Thanks for the advice. That is why I may do semi retirement instead as I am only 38 and will prob be bored after a while. My job is very flexible and it pays well, that is the good thing. I can always choose to work near customs and take mrt when the jb to sing link is up in 2018.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Thanks for the advice. That is why I may do semi retirement instead as I am only 38 and will prob be bored after a while. My job is very flexible and it pays well, that is the good thing. I can always choose to work near customs and take mrt when the jb to sing link is up in 2018.
    U mean high speed rail to sg? Ticket will not be cheap, as per report more than $100 for single trip! Frequency maybe one hr one train.

Page 1 of 392 123451151101 ... LastLast