Thread: commercial buildings in D5

Default commercial buildings in D5

recently I did some search at D5 ... along Pasir panjang road towards Alexandra road area ....

the stretch that used to be all warehouses has now transformed into many new buildings ...

in Mar 2013 ... 3 plots of FH landed were sold at about 39 mio ... with land size of about 30k-36k sqft ...

each plot still stands a commercial building , probably with built up of 80 to 100k sqft ...rentable ... or rented.

A seach in the neighbouring lanes ... I saw an advertisement of a stand alone building ... built up 36k sqft ... FH .. BUT land size of 13k sqft ...

for a size 1/3 of the 3 plots that were sold in MAr 2013 .. this tiny plot is asking for 36 mio ????????????

is seller being too greedy ? or has FH commercial landed chiong 3 folds within 4 months in D5 ??

The main reason is that there are no more FH land being released for sale. Freehold commercial land (esp. strata titles) is as good as gold. Limited supply = high price. It's the same as conservation shophouses and landed properties. Prices can only cheong up north esp. since govt only releases 30 year lease hold B1/B2 sites nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by pool100
    The main reason is that there are no more FH land being released for sale. Freehold commercial land (esp. strata titles) is as good as gold. Limited supply = high price. It's the same as conservation shophouses and landed properties. Prices can only cheong up north esp. since govt only releases 30 year lease hold B1/B2 sites nowadays.
    I understand what you are saying...

But 3xxxx sqft FH landed sold in mar 2013 at 12xx psf land ..

and July 13xxx sqft FH landed asking 3000 psf land ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    I understand what you are saying...

But 3xxxx sqft FH landed sold in mar 2013 at 12xx psf land ..

and July 13xxx sqft FH landed asking 3000 psf land ?
    I guess it depends what is sitting on the land. If it is fully furnished office grade building sure will cost more.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."