Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was just looking at the draft master plan and realise the plot next to Urban vista is zoned for residential with commercial at 1st storey. It was zoned purely for commercial previously.
    Does this mean the value appreciation of the condos in vicinity like Urban Vista and The Glades would not be as much as originally thought?

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was just looking at the draft master plan and realise the plot next to Urban vista is zoned for residential with commercial at 1st storey. It was zoned purely for commercial previously.
    Yup this was known earlier before 2013 draft master plan

Quote Originally Posted by chiaseed View Post
    Does this mean the value appreciation of the condos in vicinity like Urban Vista and The Glades would not be as much as originally thought?
    No idea, not vested in the area.

Taken from SG Gary Tan website

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Hope developer is using double-glazed for those track-facing units.

This thread has been quiet for so long.. Any buyers/interest lately?

Prices on some of the the units look to have been marked down since launch but sales still are moving at snail's pace.. Anyone thinks there could be chance for a re-launch??? Most of the units are still unreleased...... I do like the location, don't think you can go wrong with a project situated right next to the mrt.,.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist6 View Post
    This thread has been quiet for so long.. Any buyers/interest lately?

Prices on some of the the units look to have been marked down since launch but sales still are moving at snail's pace.. Anyone thinks there could be chance for a re-launch??? Most of the units are still unreleased...... I do like the location, don't think you can go wrong with a project situated right next to the mrt.,.
    Hi Alchemist6,

The Glades sales are picking up recently due to our monthly starbuy units promotion for each unit type. You can check out our The Glades homepage for more info.

No news on any chance of relaunch. Our monthly starbuy units promotion did offer attractive pricing right now.

Yes, you are definitely right. You will not go wrong with a project situated just right next to MRT. Other than just that, there are many potential growth in the vicinity and the East you as the future resident can look forwards too. You may contact me at 9789 8770 for a showsuite presentation and an non-obligatory discussion. It is my pleasure to share with you more on The Glades.

Developer Appointed Sales Team

Quote Originally Posted by chiaseed View Post
    The thing is if you buy any project near existing mrt. .the price already factored this in.

The value appreciation will not much. Unless you can find other buyers willing to pay even more...which I find its hard given current n future climate.

Price appreciation usually for those projects which in past not near mrt then by stroke of luck..government decides to build one.
    Or decides to invest to develop the area.

Smile The Glades

New Launch Condo Next to Tanah Merah MRT Station

The Glades is developed by Keppel Land & China Vanke

• ONLY 1 Minute Walk to Tanah Merah MRT Interchange!!!
    • Developers with impeccable track record – Keppel Land & China Vanke
    • Excellent access to City and CBD plus any parts of Singapore via major expressways such as PIE, ECP and TPE
    • Short drive to Changi Business Hub, Expo and Changi Airport (Project Jewel & Terminal 5)
    • Many education institutions nearby such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College, upcoming Singapore University of Technology and Design (To be ready by 2014)
    • A host of retail and service amenities within close proximity such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall
    • Enjoy plenty of outdoor recreation facilities such as East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and Bedok Reservoir Park
    • Excellent rental potential
    • Fully fitted units with quality products by SMEG & Whirlpool

Call Elvin @ 8366 8080 for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    The thing is if you buy any project near existing mrt. .the price already factored this in.

The value appreciation will not much. Unless you can find other buyers willing to pay even more...which I find its hard given current n future climate.

Price appreciation usually for those projects which in past not near mrt then by stroke of luck..government decides to build one.
    Or decides to invest to develop the area.
    This thread has been quiet for a long time. Has anyone been considering buying a unit here? Looking at the URA data, sales here are very slow. Analysts say the market will be on a slow decline for the next 6 years, so the market certainly isn't going to help Keppel sell units. What do board members here think Keppel's tactics will be to boost sales? Do you think they will re-launch at a lower price? If just continue with current sales speed then at TOP a small number of owners will have the development all to themselves - no need to queue to use facilities

They got holding power..... even 5 or 6 years cant sell should be ok for them.

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    They got holding power..... even 5 or 6 years cant sell should be ok for them.
    Thanks, Westin. A prop agent also said the same thing to me. He said Reflections at Keppel Bay also similar situation and Keppel held on. But I believe there is a limit to how long a developer can hold, right? After the limit is reached, the developer will face big penalties for not clearing stocks? I was hoping Keppel will press the reset button soon, a bit like CapitaLand, and drop the prices by 200+ dollars psf. I actually would like to buy at Glades, I've been holding out and hoping the falling market and poor sales would work in my favour. I think developers need to face facts - a falling market, big over supply and low sales demand - it should be a perfect storm for buyers.

Agree... just like what urban vista did to sell its unit.. psf falls to between $1000-$1300..

Agree... just like what urban vista did to sell its unit.. psf falls to between $1000-$1300..
    That's what I am hoping for. The longer the developer holds the worse their problems are going to get. If a 2 bed unit at Glades drops to $1000 PSF it would be a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    That's what I am hoping for. The longer the developer holds the worse their problems are going to get. If a 2 bed unit at Glades drops to $1000 PSF it would be a good buy.
    Worth waiting!

Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

When market crashes , anything can happen... still remember when double bay was selling at less than $500 psf during 2009.

Maybe but highly unlikely. Look at Reflection. At 2009 did its price drop? Now keppel is keeping few blocks as service residences.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

True, keppy power. We can only keep our fingers crossed for durians to fall..
    But then again, tanah merah to sell at $1600-$1800...abit over bah....

More realistic should be between $1100 - $1300 or lower...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
    Maybe but highly unlikely. Look at Reflection. At 2009 did its price drop? Now keppel is keeping few blocks as service residences.
    Gone are the days where developers could convert their their unsold developments to service apartments or to be sold as REITS. New law requires developers to sell off all units within 2 years of obtaining TOP. This is yet another form of measure to prevent developers from hoarding and control prices.

Cool insight.. which means keppy got to sell within the next 2 years, 2015 and 2016 where property prices will deflate... $1200psf $1200psf is the way to clear its units...

http://www.rodyk.com/usermedia/docum...y%20Notes1.pdf

Read this. Then u will understand why glades developer does not have to sell within 2 yrs from TOP.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

True, keppy power. We can only keep our fingers crossed for durians to fall..
    But then again, tanah merah to sell at $1600-$1800...abit over bah....

More realistic should be between $1100 - $1300 or lower...
    When the Durian fall to $1100 - $1300 or lower... will you buy, or wait for it to fall to another level.

Invest in property not on the price you pay but on your ability to hold.

2006 a young couple went to a showflat at Southbank, they did not buy because Southbank price is higher than citylight.

The following week all 3 and 2 Bedroom sold out.

2010 TOP the price of Southank for 2 Bedroom appreciated SGD 1,000,000.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 17-10-14 at 19:13.

http://www.rodyk.com/usermedia/docum...y%20Notes1.pdf

Read this. Then u will understand why glades developer does not have to sell within 2 yrs from TOP.

The Glades is developed by Keppeland, a listed company with members included foreigners, hence it is subject to the 2-yr rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    The Glades is developed by Keppeland, a listed company with members included foreigners, hence it is subject to the 2-yr rule.
    Please read section 33(e) of the RPA, residential property act. My view is price does not need to drop even if not sold....
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Please read section 33(e) of the RPA, residential property act. My view is price does not need to drop even if not sold....
    I think whether Keppel get caught by this rule will be the biggest factor in whether they drop prices. How can we find out

To Leftfield who said "Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf" then Keppel need to make a loss on the project. I am sure even Warren Buffett makes a loss on some of his trades If the average person buying property right now is making a loss then why shouldn't a big developer also accept that can happen. Keppel bought the land at the peak price, even in a hot market some people were shocked at the price paid, now the market is falling for 6+ years, who knows, then Keppel need to accept a loss. They enjoyed the times when a project sold out on launch day, so now they have to endure these bad times also..... suck it up

I think whether Keppel get caught by this rule will be the biggest factor in whether they drop prices. How can we find out

To Leftfield who said "Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf" then Keppel need to make a loss on the project. I am sure even Warren Buffett makes a loss on some of his trades If the average person buying property right now is making a loss then why shouldn't a big developer also accept that can happen. Keppel bought the land at the peak price, even in a hot market some people were shocked at the price paid, now the market is falling for 6+ years, who knows, then Keppel need to accept a loss. They enjoyed the times when a project sold out on launch day, so now they have to endure these bad times also..... suck it up
    Keppel as a listed company may well write off $100m for the project and bring down the land price just like what Wheelock did for its AMK project.

We saw that in 1997 when developers paid high prices for land and then few years later sold off their completed inventories at a loss. History is likely to repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Keppel as a listed company may well write off $100m for the project and bring down the land price just like what Wheelock did for its AMK project.

We saw that in 1997 when developers paid high prices for land and then few years later sold off their completed inventories at a loss. History is likely to repeat itself.
    I agree. I hope they do that before TOP. I also hope they still finish the development to a high standard - temptation might be to cut corners and shoddy workmanship on a loss making project.

If construction already awarded, unlikely they can vary the quality... so has Glade started construction already?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    If construction already awarded, unlikely they can vary the quality... so has Glade started construction already?
    Yes. I pass the site on the MRT quite often. Not much to see yet, just a big hole in the ground. But, by any standards, sales are really poor - seems, on average, just 1 or 2 units per month sold