Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Could this be the Reflections or Caribbean of the East!?

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    I'm looking forward to see more about this one. I'm very interested.

I live at Tanah Merah for the past 2 years (Casa Merah). I like this area.

I lost interest in Urban Vista due to their tiny tiny unit sizes. Less than 600sqft for a 2 bed, 2 bath with bomb shelter + balcony + ac ledge

Hope the glades will give more generous unit sizes.

I think this is going to be expensive though PSF

Did developer pay too much for the land? This is Tanah Merah after all; quite remote. Is it worth paying more than city fringe?

I'm hoping Keppel will make this a striking development with high end finishes. Then we can justify the expected high PSF.
    Developer did pay a lot for this plot, to the tune of 8xx ppr? I guess avg will be >$1400psf. Keppel product finishes std shd b quite high...

most of keppel's project finishing, even in far our places like sengkang appear to be decent, at least at the showroom level that is.

this will be an interesting launch, especially in the face of the latest measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    I'm looking forward to see more about this one. I'm very interested.

I live at Tanah Merah for the past 2 years (Casa Merah). I like this area.

I lost interest in Urban Vista due to their tiny tiny unit sizes. Less than 600sqft for a 2 bed, 2 bath with bomb shelter + balcony + ac ledge

Hope the glades will give more generous unit sizes.

I think this is going to be expensive though PSF

Did developer pay too much for the land? This is Tanah Merah after all; quite remote. Is it worth paying more than city fringe?

I'm hoping Keppel will make this a striking development with high end finishes. Then we can justify the expected high PSF.
    With its private and landed enclave surrounding with no lack of amenities and convenience just doorstep to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the development by Keppel Land should expect good interest.

So far, the developments by Keppel Land come with decent unit sizes, let keep our finger crossed. Agreed with bro Kane, one would expect good quality furnishing for Keppel Land development. Based on their track records till date, it has not disappoint the consumers.

Land bid closed at $791.42 psf ppr. There are some mathematics to do here. This would definitely be an very interesting project! Imagine yourself staying in a unit with south facing over the landed estate towards East Coast Park!!! Really get excited thinking about it! Units with north facing do still enjoy the open views over the landed estate up north!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Some of my friends said this forested hill used to be some WW2 mass killing site, any information on that? Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_C...acre#Execution
    From what my folks used to tell me, I think the massacre of chinese civilians by japanese soldiers was at Upper East Coast Road and not The Glade site.

I remember seeing the barren hill when i was a child and my folks would say that chinese civilians were brutally massacred in the area of the hill.

Of course the hill looks completely different now as lots of homes are built on it. I am not so sure of the exact locality but I would think it is in the vicinity of Lucky Heights, The Summit and the The Riviera Residence. If you are interested in the history of Upper East Road, here are the links for you to read:

Aircrash at Upper East Road on 11 Aug 1951
    http://2ndshot.blogspot.sg/2010/02/2...ast-coast.html

World War two at Upper East Coast Road
    http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot...oast-road.html

Location of Bedok Hill massacre site
    http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot...oast-road.html

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast