Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny
    Hi morning all, more from youtubes on the Glades for your reference!

1. Showflat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMTGwjGV_f0

2. The 'innovative convertible system' for the Soho units. Something different as usually for Soho, developers do a platform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UvMcpRJVU
    I really don't know what to say .. it is like worker dorms for SBS drivers
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    No wonder accident many many?
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

The video so funny , need to do some ritual 拜拜 before transformation, or was it warm up exercise before lifting & folding of furniture?

Anyway ID copied from NY http://youtu.be/Ql4p6VDyHzk

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    The video so funny , need to do some ritual 拜拜 before transformation, or was it warm up exercise before lifting & folding of furniture?

damn boring ... they should hire sexy mei mei like in the car industry ... total failure

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai

You off your speeker issit... Morning yoga la. Enjoy outside greenery... Which actually turns out to be busy traffic...Lol

Had the same sentiments ... This is going to cost $1500psf?

damn boring ... they should hire sexy mei mei like in the car industry ... total failure
    ya lor, if sexy mei mei lowers the drop down bed, immediately psf jump another $200.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    You off your speeker issit... Morning yoga la. Enjoy outside greenery... Which actually turns out to be busy traffic...Lol
    w/o music & no yoga the psf is levitating for D16...land bid is defying gravity. hohoho

hahaha that's funny.

Seriously though, your dining table is a retractable plank of wood, your office desk is a retractable plank of wood and your bed is a retractable plank of wood. Not to mention that the integrated sofa looks like an uncomfortable plank of wood. The moveable wall, I don't really know what to think; not sure whether to think it's creative or ridiculous. It's a bit like a hotel suite, nice to stay for a few days but I wouldn't want to live there. This is just my opinion (and I'm entitled to it, as they say). Anyway, I'm still sure they will all sell out within 10 minutes. Anyone on here really like the concept and will buy?

instead of showing how to store 2 extra beds...they sld show how to find space to put ur stuff.

afterall, our living condition isnt perfect, tidy and clean like the video.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    instead of showing how to store 2 extra beds...they sld show how to find space to put ur stuff.

afterall, our living condition isnt perfect, tidy and clean like the video.
    Can always buy up 2 units. 1 to live in and 1 to store your stuff

keppel land paid high price for the land, so must find " creative" way to sell at even higher price. China Vanke owns 30% of the development and this is their first development here. Can Vanke works magic and brings in the chinese buyers? I am eagerly waiting for the sale result.

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    keppel land paid high price for the land, so must find " creative" way to sell at even higher price. China Vanke owns 30% of the development and this is their first development here. Can Vanke works magic and brings in the chinese buyers? I am eagerly waiting for the sale result.
    Creative ways are such as make the units unfeasibly tiny, make the balcony bigger than the living space, make the AC ledge huge, cut back on facilities, pack in as many units as possibly, build the stacks so close together that you can reach out and pass things to your neighbor. The agents then come up with ways to make all these negatives sound positive

You are a smart one! Besides location and price, able to differentiate between design with good fundalmental value vs flashy design that only looks good in the marketing brochures, video and showflat, is also an important factor for successful property investment.

i agree with you guys that all these flashy gadgets are impractical and cannot make up for small space. all those mechanical components are bound to malfunction over time, and i wouldn't want to have a good workout before i can even have a bed to lie on. as for those 2 bunk beds...imagine having to share the same tiny space with 2 visiting friends. no matter how chummy i m with them, i would prefer to provide them with the privacy of a guest room, and have my own privacy as well. like this quite 'lose face', unless i am a teenager playing tree house with my playmates...

wonder if the developer is also thinking of promoting the 1 bedder as an attractive rental unit to a family of 4 (a couple in the queen-sized bed and 2 kids in the bunks) or to 3 hippy friends, thereby justifying its high price?

this project will be good to test market sentiment after a stunning J Gateway sellout

and according to LKY:

Japan’s reluctance to open up to immigrants will further lead to its decline, he said.
    “If I were a young Japanese and I could speak English, I would probably choose to emigrate,” said Lee.

=> Japanese must be very offended reading this

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    Unless i am a teenager playing tree house with my playmates...
    That's a good one

I'm not a successful property investor, so I am only saying what I see. In fact I'm actually looking to buy a property for what it really should be bought for; I will live in it. I will not be buying that unit from the video. I'll step aside and let Jolene and her friends grab it

I actually think the sofa is worse than the bunk beds. It looks about as comfortable as a park bench. It has no back rest or arm rests. Imaging coming home from a hard day at work and that is all you have to sit on

I'd like to force the guy who designed it to live there for a year and see whether he still thinks he did a good job

1. Showflat

2. The 'innovative convertible system' for the Soho units. Something different as usually for Soho, developers do a platform

Thanks for the vidz.

Come back home to chill and relax, too tiring to play transformer all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Thanks for the vidz.

Come back home to chill and relax, too tiring to play transformer all the time.
    It's clearly quite radical and doesn't meet with everyone's tastes/ requirements (including mine, as I have voiced my opinion) but I bet they still sell out in 10 minutes flat. I could probably pitch a tent next to an MRT station and sell it for 2 million hahaha. Ah, SG property, the unburstable bubble..... yikes!

From what I can recall. That strip of land is not ver broad. It is quite long but it's definitely not wide. Moreover it's on a slope. I hope they will keep the slope.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Looks like it will be part of the design. The blocks on the upper part will have an advantage over those below.

Those on high floor facing Bedok Rise will have sea view. As long as it's above those landed properties.

Not forgetting this Hong Kong apartment. The one at Glades is more spacious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36NQ9QbAZ0w

1. Showflat

Transformers no transformers, frankly speaking is a matter of getting used to it. Is just like every morning wakey, need to fold blankets, pao kopi and so on. Imo, I think play transformers everyday will also used to it. Just like when I go cycle with my foldie bike must fold up fold down, mount in car, mount out car.. slowly it becomelike doing any daily chores.

Thanks for sharing that view! That is really nice. Any idea which floor and above can enjoy that view? I guess the developer will load the prices for the units with that view, certainly might expect those to cost a lot more than the units facing the road and the train track. I would like to own one of those units - hope I can afford it when the pricing is announced.

The site below seems to suggest last 3 floor of each block facing bedok rise to get the million dollar view!!! Do note the block ranges from 10 to 12 storey.
    http://www.wilsonlee168.com/the-glades.html

The site below seems to suggest last 3 floor of each block facing bedok rise to get the million dollar view!!! Do note the block ranges from 10 to 12 storey.
    http://www.wilsonlee168.com/the-glades.html
    I suspect the million dollar view is going to cost more than a million dollars Thanks for sharing the link though.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    Thanks for sharing that view! That is really nice. Any idea which floor and above can enjoy that view? I guess the developer will load the prices for the units with that view, certainly might expect those to cost a lot more than the units facing the road and the train track. I would like to own one of those units - hope I can afford it when the pricing is announced.
    Anything above 3rd storey...

Interesting. It's also unblocked for those facing mrt track. Except that you have to make a guess which floor will face the track. Otherwise it's pretty much clear view because of low rise housing.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Interesting. It's also unblocked for those facing mrt track. Except that you have to make a guess which floor will face the track. Otherwise it's pretty much clear view because of low rise housing.

bro u seem v onz this project.

r u gonna look see and perhaps get one?
    Last edited by mcmlxxvi; 10-08-13 at 06:46.

I'm just going to take a look. Not sure if I want to buy. I'm on the fence.