Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is HERE!!!

you can make general statement like those below but it will only make u look foolish...
    those who bought semi-d or bungalow over leveraging, no rental income and so on, that's your assumption, fine....
    oh yes, a 7-8mil semi D just the the ABSD can buy u a Jgateway unit u know?? these ppl sell everything and just left with this semi D that they have bought, and their household monthly income is less than 20k....
    you can did out such info, i will

if not, dont make a fool of youself by making such "incredible" assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

I means does someone who bought for own stay not affected by falling property prices and rising interest rate? Does someone who bought with 80% leveraging pay less interest than those who bought for investment?

In fact those who bought got own stay will be worst hit beceause there are no rental income to help cushion the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    you can make general statement like those below but it will only make u look foolish...
    those who bought semi-d or bungalow over leveraging, no rental income and so on, that's your assumption, fine....
    oh yes, a 7-8mil semi D just the the ABSD can buy u a Jgateway unit u know?? these ppl sell everything and just left with this semi D that they have bought, and their household monthly income is less than 20k....
    you can did out such info, i will

if not, dont make a fool of youself by making such "incredible" assumptions.
    What you are saying are irrelevant.

If you believe that landed property in Singapore still have got potential to cheong in the next 2 years by all means give us your views on that and back up your views with some concrete datas instead of asking can you proof this and that.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

when u dont like to hear, u say it is irrelevant...i am just pointing to the loopholes and weaknesses of your assumptions. I did not say that landed will cheong, did I? I'm here to make a pt that your basis is non sense unless you can justify using that chart. That chart is fine but the way you make use of it is totally nonsensical. remember, medicine can cure but it also can kill...that depends on how u use it. Im not going further into this as u will again not listen and indulge in your dreamland...by all means....

If you believe that landed property in Singapore still have got potential to cheong in the next 2 years by all means give us your views on that and back up your views with some concrete datas instead of asking can you proof this and that.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What i am trying to say : Properties are bought to be kept, in particular FH and in Good location.
    what you think or believe is not important, its what the market thinks and act that count.

What about that 200 folds statement that you made? Did you made that up?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

when u dont like to hear, u say it is irrelevant...i am just pointing to the loopholes and weaknesses of your assumptions. I did not say that landed will cheong, did I? I'm here to make a pt that your basis is non sense unless you can justify using that chart. That chart is fine but the way you make use of it is totally nonsensical. remember, medicine can cure but it also can kill...that depends on how u use it. Im not going further into this as u will again not listen and indulge in your dreamland...by all means....
    This is exactly what I said. what loopholes and weaknesses are you talking about?

The only weakness I see is in your argument, because you are making remarks and giving your baseless opinion. There is nothing constructive or informative about what you are saying.

Another very popular but ignorant statement I read here is the most landed are for own stay?

I means does someone who bought for own stay not affected by falling property prices and rising interest rate? Does someone who bought with 80% leveraging pay less interest than those who bought for investment?

In fact those who bought got own stay will be worst hit beceause there are no rental income to help cushion the impact.

Did anyone here say anything about 'cheonging'. So far, the only one making claims and unfounded statements is you.

Like I said before, dont assume landed property owners are all rich and famous. Many of them are actually swimming naked under the sea of debt. When interest rate rises, these naked swimmers will be wash ashore.
    Please tell readers here how you arrived at your statement that many are swimming under a sea of debt or bought with 80% leveraging.

Unless you can show that landed owners are highly leveraged and do not have sufficient liquidity or cash position to weather a supposed interest rate increase, then there is no substance to your statements at all.
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-07-13 at 15:09.

It is up to you to believe or not to believe. I am just sharing here. You are not the taxman and I do not need to declare to you. You should be more open-minded. You will know when you reach that level of investment.
    what you think or believe is not important, its what the market thinks and act that count.

What about that 200 folds statement that you made? Did you made that up?

It is up to you to believe or not to believe. I am just sharing here. You are not the taxman and I do not need to declare to you. You should be more open-minded. You will know when you reach that level of investment.
    Haha...TS is desperately trying to get there judging by the number of posts and threads he has started...

So unwittingly, he is revealing to all that in his mind, the best route is via landed.....
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-07-13 at 15:23.

200 folds? Want to lie or talk big also pick a more believable numbers lah.

Are you from CityHarvest?

u are digging your own grave.....

u are digging your own grave.....

He dug it long ago. With every post, it just keeps getting deeper and deeper
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-07-13 at 15:44.

Oh dear....this statement is totally uncalled for. I think you should prepare for another type of storm coming your way.

It is a serious allegation. Do not bring religion in.

It is a serious allegation. Do not bring religion in.
    I know its very tempting to divert the discussion away from that nonsensical claim about 100% in capital gain 200 times over in your landed property investment.

Reason why I am asking if you are from City Harvest is because that is the only place where they believe that wealth and money can multiply that quickly.

If you are not from there, then perhaps you could tell us how you could make 200 folds in property. yes I repeat, TWO HUNDRED FOLDS or 20000% capital gain.

This thread is about your allegation that "Land storm is here" so get back to topic and provide us with stats or data to back up your statement that landed owners are swimming in a sea of debt or are 80% leveraged.

Bro, spare him la, I don't think he can provide u with your requested statistic, he will come back with something else to divert away...seen so many time.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    This thread is about your allegation that "Land storm is here" so get back to topic and provide us with stats or data to back up your statement that landed owners are swimming in a sea of debt or are 80% leveraged.

Dont let anyone fool you that landed property owners are all business tycoon or super rich because they are not.

As I have said many moon ago, big players are exiting the market now, only the small time buyer are still rushing in to buy terrace houses.

When interest rate rises, prices of landed property will fall like domino.

Dont under estimate that effect of interest rate.
    Dont under estimate the effect of TDSR

Bro, spare him la, I don't think he can provide u with your requested statistic, he will come back with something else to divert away...seen so many time.

You are right bro! He has really got nothing else up his sleeve and is diverting with his silly tables and charts again.

The charts are meaningless unless he is able to show that landed owners are over leveraged and swimming in a sea of debt. Furthermore, his tables give no indication of how much cash and liquid investments these landed owners are holding.
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-07-13 at 20:02.

Hahaha, this time he slightly smarter, post 3 posts in one shot...anyway, nothing new, he keep repeating, u keep asking the same lor...
    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    You are right bro! He has really got nothing else up his sleeve and is diverting with his silly tables and charts again.

The charts are meaningless unless he is able to show that landed owners are over leveraged and swimming in a sea of debt. Furthermore, his tables give no indication of how much cash and liquid investments these landed owners are holding.

Its understandable that those who have doubted the imminent price correction of landed property will furiously try to defend themselves, unfortunately now that the facts are out, they have no choice by to divert their their attention into making childish small talks instead of facts.

For example, in April 2013, I posted this to highlight the signs of price correction.

The decline in transaction volume and prices for large quantum properties is a clear sign of where the property market has already hit the threshold due to ABSD and LTV restriction.

Unlike landed property, developers for condo can shrink the unit size to make condo more affordable, something that is not possible for most landed property.
    Wanna guess who are the forummers here who didnt believe?

Go read the post.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=17582&page=4

Useless charts? Thats because useless brain doesnt know how to use it.

And this is what was reported on Business Times, both in print and online

RealStar Premier managing director William Wong confirmed that transaction volumes for bungalows and semi-detached houses slowed down drastically from April to June following the imposition of higher additional buyer's stamp duty in January.

With the rollout of the total debt servicing ratio framework late last month, sales have weakened further.

"If this continues for the next couple of quarters, we'll see more significant price drops as those who genuinely need to let go their properties will have to adjust their prices downwards to meet buyers' expectations," said Mr Wong.
    And what did I say 2 days ago?

Do not under estimate or ignore the impact of TDSR and interest rate on landed property. As the saying goes, you win fast, you lose even faster.

low volume and large quantum, u mean CCR also?? Landed drop 1 qtr u make so much noise, then CCR drop for so many qtr then how huh??

and your 3.7mil illustration i say very good ma....because this apply to CCR?? I think u maybe change the title to CCR Storm is HERE!!! then maybe more appropriate le since the sign are all clearer for CCR.

i direct to your pt....but u never but always twist and turn...Mr B.....

Its understandable that those who have doubted the imminent price correction of landed property will furiously try to defend themselves, unfortunately now that the facts are out, they have no choice by to divert their their attention into making childish small talks instead of facts.

For example, in April 2013, I posted this to highlight the signs of price correction.

Go read the post.

low volume and large quantum, u mean CCR also?? Landed drop 1 qtr u make so much noise, then CCR drop for so many qtr then how huh??

and your 3.7mil illustration i say very good ma....because this apply to CCR?? I think u maybe change the title to CCR Storm is HERE!!! then maybe more appropriate le since the sign are all clearer for CCR.
    I have already mentioned many times that price correction of large quantum CCR property already started long time ago and there is even a long running thread dedicated to it. If you think that its a good justification, then I must say that you have run out of idea of defending what you didnt believe.

Just because someone contracted Aids, does it mean, its ok to have unprotected sex?

Also have you not noticed this chart, or did you see it but didnt understand what you see?

Some interest statistic which I read.

* 1 in 5 landed property buyer are HDB dwellers
    * Most popular price range for HDB dwellers are $1 to $5m
    * Its also common that landed property are bought by 10 to 20 people pooling resources together.

Go read the post.

Furiously defending??? We are just posting to entertain ourselves because you are the one doing all the landed owners a favour by shooting yourself in the foot all the time.

Who is the one furiously creating new threads, posting the same ol' charts in different threads all over the forum and repeating the same baseless statements over and over again.

The only one that is appearing the most desperate seems to be TS. Since when does a 0.3% INCREASE in the landed segment PPI mean that "Land Storm is Here !!!".

Talk about diversion. TS still hasn't provided any concrete stats or data to show that landed owners are swimming in a sea of debt or are even 80% leveraged.
    Last edited by proper-t; 28-07-13 at 23:13.

LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

Thanks for posting. With such a glut, no wonder some folks are getting so desperate to flee to segments where new supply is minimal.

A Singaporean developer foresees the country’s housing market crashing in the next 12 months because of oversupply of new homes.

Chris Comer, chief executive officer of Castlewood Group, the developer of the Nikki Beach properties in Asia, warned that the Singaporean housing market would become a renters’ market for a very long time as properties are resold for amounts they were purchased.

While not all analysts share Comer’s not so bright outlook, others cited a forecast by Nomura that over 16,000 new private homes are scheduled to be finished in the next three quarters, almost a seven-fold increase from the 2,408 units completed in Q1 2013 and 6,000 plus more than the 9,853 completed for 2012.

“Supply is likely to outstrip demand and vacancy (and rents) will likely come under more pressure in the coming quarters,” a Nomura report warned.

Hefty discounts in an overheating market

Signs that the Singaporean housing market is overheating include hefty discounts offered by developers to unit buyers and freebies such as gadgets and even cars to entice those with spare money to buy properties, Comer said.

Daiwa analyst David Lum confirmed the forthcoming glut in the city-state’s housing market, with 86,000 private residential units or 31% of existing private stock in the pipeline as of the end of 2012.

Although the 31% is lower than the record-high 45% before the 1997 Asian financial crisis, it is slightly higher than the 29% logged during the 2008 global financial crisis. Besides the rash of private residential homes due for completion and turnover to owners, more public housing projects are also due to hit the property market in 2014-16, Lum said.

Response to voters’ discontent

The flood of housing projects is in response to high rentals that became a source of discontent among Singaporean voters and resulted in the ruling PAP securing only 60% of the votes in 2011, one of the lowest support ratings for a political party in Singapore’s election history.

Due to the glut in housing stock, mass-market home prices would decline by about 18% from end of 2012 until 2015, while the drop would be by 20% for the high-end segment, he predicted.

http://www.propnex.com/video.aspx?id=76

This was in May 2012.

Whatever he said about landed property is still true.
    And wow..I didn't know Propnex has property talk every Friday at 7pm.
    This guy is really dedicated to property.
    I can see it in his eyes when he talks about property.
    He really speaks with conviction.

He said landed property in Singapore is a gold mine which will appreciate over time and is absolutely worth buying.
    Although the prices are moderating, there is no sign that it will come down.

Another I learnt is that he said for a landed to go enbloc, it needs 100% consent from the occupants.