Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Three @ Bright Hill

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    the master bedroom wardrobe in this floor plan looks suspiciously small unless theybdo away the space for the TV.
    I don't like the layout at all. Wardrobe on both sides of the television. Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru View Post
    I don't like the layout at all. Wardrobe on both sides of the television. Nonsense.
    you could do a sliding door feature wall to flush the wardrobe and conceal the TV. but therein lies the wardrobe space challenge.

To be honest, there isn't much scope for the wardrobe space. The rooms are simply too small. I agree that the TV can be omitted. Check the ceiling heights. May need to consider platform beds.

The forum member was right. The Sin Ming HDB 4 room flats can fit double beds into all of the rooms. The kitchen is big enough for a small yard to hang laundry and put washing machine and dryer plus a small breakfast table. And somemore have store room. These are the older generation of 4A.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    To be honest, there isn't much scope for the wardrobe space. The rooms are simply too small. I agree that the TV can be omitted. Check the ceiling heights. May need to consider platform beds.

The forum member was right. The Sin Ming HDB 4 room flats can fit double beds into all of the rooms. The kitchen is big enough for a small yard to hang laundry and put washing machine and dryer plus a small breakfast table. And somemore have store room. These are the older generation of 4A.
    The ceiling height is 2.8. Not as low as HDB, but not considered generous for a private condo.

The master bedrooms built in the past five years are all like that though. Enough space to wall-mount a television (not always enough space to place a console) and enough space to have a wardrobe which is barely enough for a couple's clothes. If your wife is even a bit more fashion conscious, you will have to use the wardrobe in the other rooms.

The ceiling height is 2.8. Not as low as HDB, but not considered generous for a private condo.

The master bedrooms built in the past five years are all like that though. Enough space to wall-mount a television (not always enough space to place a console) and enough space to have a wardrobe which is barely enough for a couple's clothes. If your wife is even a bit more fashion conscious, you will have to use the wardrobe in the other rooms.
    It is a good excuse for her to change clothes more frequently. Throw out the old ones. The entrance long corridor is enough for her to put her hundreds pairs of shoes. Can have a feature shoe cupboard there.

Did you look at the show flat for Three Eleven just nearby? The floor area of the 3 bedders is similar but I am told that the space usage is good. I personally haven't gone to either showflat but my relative bought a 3 bedder in Three Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    It is a good excuse for her to change clothes more frequently. Throw out the old ones. The entrance long corridor is enough for her to put her hundreds pairs of shoes. Can have a feature shoe cupboard there.

Did you look at the show flat for Three Eleven just nearby? The floor area of the 3 bedders is similar but I am told that the space usage is good. I personally haven't gone to either showflat but my relative bought a 3 bedder in Three Eleven.
    Nope, I didn't check out Three Eleven but now that you mention it I might haha. But I did have a look at the floor plans; my view is that 3-BR in less than 1000 sq ft means that no matter how good the space utilisation is, the living space will still be tight. I would not ordinarily consider 3-BR in under 1200 sq ft, and where there are balconies I would look for places even bigger than 1200 sq ft. The 4-BR (3-BR in reality) HDB flat I live in now is like 1000 sq ft with no balconies or AC ledges and I already find the space tight. I can't imagine how it's like when more of the space goes to the AC ledges, balconies, utility room, etc.

I checked out The Glades a couple of weeks ago and it was even worse. 3-BR in 9xx sq ft if I recall correctly.

It is only going to get smaller with rising land bid and construction costs for competitive pricing.
    Nope, I didn't check out Three Eleven but now that you mention it I might haha. But I did have a look at the floor plans; my view is that 3-BR in less than 1000 sq ft means that no matter how good the space utilisation is, the living space will still be tight. I would not ordinarily consider 3-BR in under 1200 sq ft, and where there are balconies I would look for places even bigger than 1200 sq ft. The 4-BR (3-BR in reality) HDB flat I live in now is like 1000 sq ft with no balconies or AC ledges and I already find the space tight. I can't imagine how it's like when more of the space goes to the AC ledges, balconies, utility room, etc.

I checked out The Glades a couple of weeks ago and it was even worse. 3-BR in 9xx sq ft if I recall correctly.

new hdb flats are slowly becoming smaller in sizes.

this is a completely useless balcony. a balcony should always be deep to be of any use. must at least be able to play mahjong out there

Any agents can enlighten us on the preview response to T3?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    this is a completely useless balcony. a balcony should always be deep to be of any use. must at least be able to play mahjong out there
    Agree - Narrow balconies are not useful - might as well not have them!

Guess what? Owner is paying for it and can gain some greenmark points.
    Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    Agree - Narrow balconies are not useful - might as well not have them!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Guess what? Owner is paying for it and can gain some greenmark points.
    Mmm .... Pay for something that is not useful.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    UOL dun know what price to sell, and want to see the demand and adjust ( up) on the spot ?? sounds very familiar

Whatever happened to the rule of "releasing all prices before sale" ?

guideline is to release prices 2 days before public launch.
    if vvvip, vvip, vip preview, no need to release prices 2 days before.
    language is very important.

they can say they doing preview, sales hasn't officially begun. when sales start, all prices willbe ready. they also quite clever.

they can say they doing preview, sales hasn't officially begun. when sales start, all prices willbe ready. they also quite clever.
    It's a stupid stupid stupid system. Basically they gauge response and then price accordingly. It's like a free focus group. No wonder prices keep going up since developers will be able to set the highest prices they think the market can stomach. I have no issue with rising prices per se, but it should be on the back of strong fundamentals and not because of developers' abilities to exploit the market this way. All the potential buyers should get together and not put in a single check so that the developer has no way of assessing the situation though of course it's a prisoner's dilemma and one of the buyers will blink first eventually.

Unfortunately, buyers are not rational and are likely to blink first. Frankly, this project has not much selling point.

(1) Shitty address - imagine tell people you stay at Guangmingshan. First thing comes to mind is dead people and cremation of bodies,

(2) Got future MRT but must wait until 2022 and sure delay. Might as well invest in places with MRT that is already running or downtown line in 2015/2016.

(3) Beside funeral hub - may affect one's mental and psychological wellbeing with constant cries and mourning nearby. Hearses ply the roads with mourners walking behind in the area from the numerous Sin Ming funeral parlours to the Brighthill columbarium, causing jams and you can't even hurry them becos that would be disrespectful. Also jam during Qingming as people honour the dead. Not forgetting the air pollution from the burning of incense and bodies and the ching chiang from the funeral bands. And it happens daily because people die daily and this is the main columbarium and higher concentration of funeral parlours.

(4) No idea why this place drawn into RCR because its far from financial district and far from second CBD.

(5) If really price at $1300-$1400psf, downside higher than upside.

It's a stupid stupid stupid system. Basically they gauge response and then price accordingly. It's like a free focus group. No wonder prices keep going up since developers will be able to set the highest prices they think the market can stomach. I have no issue with rising prices per se, but it should be on the back of strong fundamentals and not because of developers' abilities to exploit the market this way. All the potential buyers should get together and not put in a single check so that the developer has no way of assessing the situation though of course it's a prisoner's dilemma and one of the buyers will blink first eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post
    Unfortunately, buyers are not rational and are likely to blink first. Frankly, this project has not much selling point.

(1) Shitty address - imagine tell people you stay at Guangmingshan. First thing comes to mind is dead people and cremation of bodies,

(2) Got future MRT but must wait until 2022 and sure delay. Might as well invest in places with MRT that is already running or downtown line in 2015/2016.

(3) Beside funeral hub - may affect one's mental and psychological wellbeing with constant cries and mourning nearby. Hearses ply the roads with mourners walking behind in the area from the numerous Sin Ming funeral parlours to the Brighthill columbarium, causing jams and you can't even hurry them becos that would be disrespectful. Also jam during Qingming as people honour the dead. Not forgetting the air pollution from the burning of incense and bodies and the ching chiang from the funeral bands. And it happens daily because people die daily and this is the main columbarium and higher concentration of funeral parlours.

(4) No idea why this place drawn into RCR because its far from financial district and far from second CBD.

(5) If really price at $1300-$1400psf, downside higher than upside.
    Thought of the points you have mentioned. Proximity to financial district is relative, since not everyone works there and secondly, proximity to other places is important too. Not everyone's lives revolve around the CBD haha, especially when you have children.

Agree that $1,300 psf is on the higher side, but as with all new launches, there is a bit of a gamble that by the time this development TOPs in 2017, these prices would appear like a bargain (look at Thomson Grand for example). I also agree that the MRT is too far away to be factored in, but then similarly, if the MRT was already ready, this development wouldn't be selling at $1,300 psf.

Not so concerned about the address; personally am a fan of wuxia novels and Guang Ming Shan is a nice name to me haha. I am however curious about your point regarding funeral processions. Is that really such a common occurrence? I eat at the area fairly often but have never seen any such processions.

people offer free focus group, and even prevent blank cheque, what to do. i never leave a cheque. the market isn't that overwhelming hot to warrant such a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post

I thought Guangmingshan is on the Sin Ming Road side nearer to Vicom, STA etc.

In land scare Singapore, whether it cremate people or bury people, most don't really care. The new cemetery at Potong Pasir is going to be the next most sought after HDB. Location is still more important

Food there is good. Long House and the various prata there. Thomson Plaza is more atas than the heartland Junction 8

Quote Originally Posted by lufu View Post
    I thought Guangmingshan is on the Sin Ming Road side nearer to Vicom, STA etc.

In land scare Singapore, whether it cremate people or bury people, most don't really care. The new cemetery at Potong Pasir is going to be the next most sought after HDB. Location is still more important

Food there is good. Long House and the various prata there. Thomson Plaza is more atas than the heartland Junction 8
    thomson plaza content so so. good for enrichment classes and ntuc finest, the rest so so only. unless they do an enbloc of thomson plaza.

thomson plaza content so so. good for enrichment classes and ntuc finest, the rest so so only. unless they do an enbloc of thomson plaza.

thomson plaza quite a unknown shopping centre in Singapore.

Went to the "preview" on the first day (i.e. Sat). It was really crowded. The main purpose was to entice us to fill up a form to show our interest and preferably gave them a blank cheque to show our "sincerity".
    All the agents are in high spirit due to the good up-turn.
    Some agents are saying that they have already collected over 300 blank cheques (wonder how true)... that was DAY ONE !!! Or just a marketing hype-up!

Personally, I think that the lay out is soso. Small, living space is small and huge balcony. Good thing is that there is no bath tub. Marble flooring, fully functional kitchen (with fridge and washer provided)
    Facilities: Good for family.
    Price wise: at the high side (above $1250 psf), for a 99 year old property.
    Location: Near to future MRT (still a long time to wait), and prepare for all the constructions. Also possible en-bloc @ Thomson View... that means more constructions + possible affecting your future view.

Quote Originally Posted by vovolversace View Post
    thomson plaza quite a unknown shopping centre in Singapore.
    the older folks probably remember Thomson Yaohan. It's just a neighbourhood mall now.

Will this proj save sky habitat?

is the location next to the Flametree park condo? i.e. the plot of land in front of the Tudor type of private houses

Or is it opposite the road to Flametree park condo? -that would be nearer the venus drive walk

Map is not very clear.

Thought of the points you have mentioned. Proximity to financial district is relative, since not everyone works there and secondly, proximity to other places is important too. Not everyone's lives revolve around the CBD haha, especially when you have children.

Agree that $1,300 psf is on the higher side, but as with all new launches, there is a bit of a gamble that by the time this development TOPs in 2017, these prices would appear like a bargain (look at Thomson Grand for example). I also agree that the MRT is too far away to be factored in, but then similarly, if the MRT was already ready, this development wouldn't be selling at $1,300 psf.

Not so concerned about the address; personally am a fan of wuxia novels and Guang Ming Shan is a nice name to me haha. I am however curious about your point regarding funeral processions. Is that really such a common occurrence? I eat at the area fairly often but have never seen any such processions.
    not true leh, there are new development beside MRT commanding 1.2k psf leh. at least i just bought 1 last month

Quote Originally Posted by hoppie View Post
    not true leh, there are new development beside MRT commanding 1.2k psf leh. at least i just bought 1 last month
    Surely it depends on which MRT and whether it's new or resale haha. I am sure I can find some that are selling for less than $1,200 psf too.

Quote Originally Posted by hanafi_d2000 View Post
    is the location next to the Flametree park condo? i.e. the plot of land in front of the Tudor type of private houses

Or is it opposite the road to Flametree park condo? -that would be nearer the venus drive walk

Map is not very clear.
    if you're standing at thomson plaza looking at thomson view condo, it is the land plot behind thomson view.

I have lived in this area for almost 20 years now. I have never been stuck in a funeral procession nor have I seen mourners blocking up Sin Ming Avenue. They are probably on Sin Ming Road (where the car workshops/VICOM etc are) rather than Sin Ming Avenue.

Sin Ming Avenue does get congested during Qing Ming. When that happens, I take alternative routes (Upp Thomson/Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1) to get where I need to. The congestion is only at weekends during that period.

If you have young kids, this is a good location. Ai Tong Sch is within 1km of Thomson Three (though please note it is not easy to get in, even with the proximity). There are also good Secondary schools and JCs in this area and even if your kids should go to Hwa Chong/Nanyang/NJC, they are easy to get to from here. Good music schools (Yamaha and some good smaller music schs around), enrichment classes, etc. and a good ballet school in Thomson Plaza.