Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Three @ Bright Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    I have lived in this area for almost 20 years now. I have never been stuck in a funeral procession nor have I seen mourners blocking up Sin Ming Avenue. They are probably on Sin Ming Road (where the car workshops/VICOM etc are) rather than Sin Ming Avenue.

Sin Ming Avenue does get congested during Qing Ming. When that happens, I take alternative routes (Upp Thomson/Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1) to get where I need to. The congestion is only at weekends during that period.

If you have young kids, this is a good location. Ai Tong Sch is within 1km of Thomson Three (though please note it is not easy to get in, even with the proximity). There are also good Secondary schools and JCs in this area and even if your kids should go to Hwa Chong/Nanyang/NJC, they are easy to get to from here. Good music schools (Yamaha and some good smaller music schs around), enrichment classes, etc. and a good ballet school in Thomson Plaza.
    Thanks, appreciate the information. Just what I thought. I find that people like to make bare assertions. That there will be endless funeral processions etc when they don't actually know the place.

Quote Originally Posted by hanafi_d2000 View Post
    is the location next to the Flametree park condo? i.e. the plot of land in front of the Tudor type of private houses

Or is it opposite the road to Flametree park condo? -that would be nearer the venus drive walk

Map is not very clear.
    Neither of those.

It is a narrow plot of land sandwiched between the HDB flats and Thomson View. As the forum member has said, if you are standing in Thomson Plaza looking directly at Thomson View, the plot is behind Thomson View. You cannot see it from the main roads. If you go to the actual site and look at it, you will not be impressed because it is directly facing the MSCP of the HDB flats. Which is why they decided to build the show flat in the nice area with trees opp Flametree Park condo.

Neither of those.

It is a narrow plot of land sandwiched between the HDB flats and Thomson View. As the forum member has said, if you are standing in Thomson Plaza looking directly at Thomson View, the plot is behind Thomson View. You cannot see it from the main roads. If you go to the actual site and look at it, you will not be impressed because it is directly facing the MSCP of the HDB flats. Which is why they decided to build the show flat in the nice area with trees opp Flametree Park condo.
    Went to check out 311 Thomson's show flat but unfortunately they have torn it down.

Another round of Thomson Three preview from this Friday to Sunday (13 to 15 Sept 2013)

Location of Thomson Three Sales Gallery is @ Venus Drive towards SICC.

Opening Hours from 10.00 am to 06.00 pm

News on Thomson Three

Developers trim prices as new reality bites

"Without TDSR, we could easily have priced this project at $1,500 psf on average, or even higher. We now expect to price it at a more realistic level, at $1,350-1,400 psf," said Liam Wee Sin, president (property) at UOL.

No more Enbloc for Thomson View - Court quashes Thomson View sale

Contact me for more info @ 97454959

Neither of those.

Ah, if that's the spot, then it is a good site as it will be mostly unblocked and on higher elevation. I can see why the showflat is at the corner of junction -it's quite a trek to go up the slope to actual site.

There is lah. This is the MAIN columbarium for goodness sake. and the key route is from those Sin Ming parlours to the Brighthill columbarium. This is not wild assertion. As for jams during Qing Ming, this is also true. Of course you can try to avoid the jams by taking detours and alternative routes like what another contributor says but is that efficient? Or when you are already stuck behind, how are you going to detour?

If you want to only hear the good stuff like there is no funeral parlours nearby and this is not along Guangmingshan despite the address, so be it. But please do not put down people who highlight the potential downsides to you.

Frankly if one's only dream is to get your kids into Ai Tong (that's sad because that school is at best second rate), then I think the HDB flats opposite better choice and more spacious. At least they are the ones blowing their car fumes into this condo through their car parks. And staying in a condo with HDB flats nearby has both upsides and downsides. Upside is you can behave more atas than your neighbours. Downside is that there are higher chance of trespassers and strange people coming in to use your facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru View Post
    Thanks, appreciate the information. Just what I thought. I find that people like to make bare assertions. That there will be endless funeral processions etc when they don't actually know the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post
    There is lah. This is the MAIN columbarium for goodness sake. and the key route is from those Sin Ming parlours to the Brighthill columbarium. This is not wild assertion. As for jams during Qing Ming, this is also true. Of course you can try to avoid the jams by taking detours and alternative routes like what another contributor says but is that efficient? Or when you are already stuck behind, how are you going to detour?

If you want to only hear the good stuff like there is no funeral parlours nearby and this is not along Guangmingshan despite the address, so be it. But please do not put down people who highlight the potential downsides to you.

Frankly if one's only dream is to get your kids into Ai Tong (that's sad because that school is at best second rate), then I think the HDB flats opposite better choice and more spacious. At least they are the ones blowing their car fumes into this condo through their car parks. And staying in a condo with HDB flats nearby has both upsides and downsides. Upside is you can behave more atas than your neighbours. Downside is that there are higher chance of trespassers and strange people coming in to use your facilities.
    I am perfectly happy to hear the downsides, but I want to hear downsides backed up by empirical evidence. My own observations, including the past month when I ate at Upper Thomson on a number of occasions, are that I have never seen any processions along Upper Thomson Road (unless you are referring to other roads). Of course it could be at times other than when I was there, and so it would be helpful if you could point out the times that these processions usually take place. I am certainly not the blinded sort, and I do agree that traffic along Upper Thomson may be slow at times; I just am not sure it's for the reason stated by you though I am happy to be corrected.

I drove throught the HDB flats past the site yesterday. The plot seems to be on elevated land relative to the MSCP. And the higher floors should be above the top of the HDB flats. But please go to the site yourself and check all fhe facings carefully if you are thinking of buying. The unknown factor is the Thomson View condo and whether it will go en bloc sometime and what they will build there.

I think the funeral processions are on Sin Ming ROAD where the parlours are located, rather than on Sin Ming Avenue or Upper Thomson.

for those with unblocked view of the central catchment area. There's hardly any places left in Singapore that has such huge undeveloped land and yet still rather central.

for homes facing the central catchment area you probably don't need to even turn on the air con.

I drove throught the HDB flats past the site yesterday. The plot seems to be on elevated land relative to the MSCP. And the higher floors should be above the top of the HDB flats. But please go to the site yourself and check all fhe facings carefully if you are thinking of buying. The unknown factor is the Thomson View condo and whether it will go en bloc sometime and what they will build there.

I think the funeral processions are on Sin Ming ROAD where the parlours are located, rather than on Sin Ming Avenue or Upper Thomson.
    Thanks. Not buying for the view. Thomson View is unlikely to go en bloc for a couple of years, but may go en bloc when the property market's rise accelerates again. Since both plots of land have the same plot ratio, Thomson View will be able to build up to the same height as Thomson Three, so you are not guaranteed a view even if you buy the highest floor in Thomson Three. I don't think it's wise to buy Thomson Three for the views, since Thomson View will en bloc eventually and there's no way of knowing how the developer will place their towers.

The HDB blocks are 11 floors each, so you need to buy at least the 11th floor in Thomson Three to be able to clear the HDB blocks (as you mentioned, Thomson Three is on slightly elevated ground). However, most of the Thomson Three units face the central catchment area, and there's not much to see in the Sin Ming direction anyway, so again, that's not a view I would suggest anyone buying.

My assessment is that Thomson Three is about location (not that it's central but whether you like Upper Thomson and the amenities it has), and potential growth with the Thomson Line coming up and possible redevelopment of SICC land. However, both are long-term developments, so it will be a while before any of that upside is realised. I am looking at the place for own stay, so I am less concerned about that potential for capital gain. I am more concerned about traffic and floor plans and the development itself, though of course I don't want to overpay either.

just dropped in the showroom, the 3 premium looks decent. 2 bedder reminds me of the one i saw at sennett resi. showroom was packed.

The 3 bedrm premium layout in Thomson Three is much more spacious than Sky Vue 3 bedder despite same sqf of 1141...anyone can point out the differences y is it so? Are the floor area in showroom regulated by any authority?

Thumbs up Thomson Three - New Launch @ Bright Hill

Development info
    • Name: Thomson Three
    • Site area: Approx 144,637 sqft
    • Developer: UOL and Singland
    • Tenure: 99 Years
    • Address: Bright Hill drive
    • District: 20
    • Total units: 435 Condo units & 10 Strata Semi-D (2 parking lots and own private lift)
    • Plot ratio: 2.8
    • MRT nearby: Upper Thomson MRT
    • TOP: 2017

Unit Info
    • 1 Bedroom (495 - 538 sqft): 61 units
    • 2 Bedrooms (710 - 1141 sqft): 168 units
    • 3 Bedrooms (1033 - 1421 sqft): 101 units
    • 3 Bedrooms premium (1141 - 1582 sqft): 84 units
    • 4 Bedrooms (1485 - 1862 sqft): 21 units
    • Strata Semi-D (3283 sqft): 10 units

Own Condo near future Thomson MRT, Thomson Three
    Call +65-81790465 (Haris) now for info and pricing

Facilities
    • Bubble Pool
    • Multi-purpose hall: entertainment/ dining facilities, private karaoke room, steam room
    • Chill out pavilion
    • Children's water play
    • Poolside pavilion
    • Floating gym
    • Hydro gym
    • Fitness deck
    • Courtyard garden
    • Sun lawn
    • Lap pool
    • Poolside gazebo
    • Poolside deck
    • Jet therapy pool
    • Reflexology courtyard
    • Children playground
    • BBQ station, and many more

Call+65-81790465 (Haris) for more info, or email [email protected]

between buying Thomson Three or resale for Thomson Grand, which is a better option?

Wahlao please la!
    So many threads on the same condo liao! Can just stick to one thread or not?
    Can moderators please do something?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post

Obviously you do not know the location of Thomson Three well.

Quote Originally Posted by el loco View Post
    The 3 bedrm premium layout in Thomson Three is much more spacious than Sky Vue 3 bedder despite same sqf of 1141...anyone can point out the differences y is it so? Are the floor area in showroom regulated by any authority?
    Sky Vue dedicated a lot of space for the walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom, and as a result the common room can accommodate only a single bed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Indeed, location wise: I think that it is a great place. Near a future mrt, good primary school and of course Thomson plaza + nice eateries. You will not disturb by the funnel procession, because it is on the other side of the brighten hill. So dun worry.

Traffic wise: it will be heavy. Mainly due to the road work and mrt construction. Now is bad, in the near future it will get worst.

Any update on the actual launch date? Is it really 20 sept? Really hope that price will be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru View Post
    what will be true is that you will have ashes flying in your window everyday?
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    That's exaggerated too. Go and look at the walls of those condos painted white in the area, eg Flame Tree Park just opposite the showflats. If that were the case, the walls would be blackish by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    Are you referring to haze call nea to insist for the psi reading before u buy. (Joking)

Don't be deceived by the Thomson name la. see the address. It's called Brighthill Drive which will appear in your IC. Brighthill. Less than 500m from the largest crematorium and beside those Sin Ming HDB. Also less than 500m from funeral parlours. If that is not near then I dunno what is near. If u like the proximity to the death business it is fine, but do not live in denial.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 17-09-13 at 23:00.

Let's not deny the proximity to the Singapore funeral hub and the crematorium. If you don't mind, it's ok. But I think there's no point debating what is staring at your face. Of course there is good point like surrounded by HDB and 99 lh condos which means no freehold to steal your thunder during enbloc or resale. And for those kiasu parents with no affiliation, can try to get their children into Ai Tong and have "elite" education that they have never been able to get. And I think the mrt takes too long and probably 2022 because it's always delayed. And who wants to waste 9 years waiting and living with construction mess. Life is too short. Go get a car.

As they say - "In this world there is nothing that is certain except death and taxes".

And one man's meat is another man's poison!
    Last edited by rymccondo77; 17-09-13 at 23:38.

Wahlao please la!
    So many threads on the same condo liao! Can just stick to one thread or not?
    Can moderators please do something?
    Mmm.... don't think the moderators will do anything about these multiple threads....

Thumbs up Thomson Three, Condo near Upper Thomson MRT

Development info
    • Name: Thomson Three
    • Site area: Approx 144,637 sqft
    • Developer: UOL and Singland
    • Tenure: 99 Years
    • Address: Bright Hill drive
    • District: 20
    • Total units: 435 Condo units & 10 Strata Semi-D (2 parking lots and own private lift)
    • Plot ratio: 2.8
    • MRT nearby: Upper Thomson MRT
    • TOP: 2017

Unit Info
    • 1 Bedroom (495 - 538 sqft): 61 units
    • 2 Bedrooms (710 - 1141 sqft): 168 units
    • 3 Bedrooms (1033 - 1421 sqft): 101 units
    • 3 Bedrooms premium (1141 - 1582 sqft): 84 units
    • 4 Bedrooms (1485 - 1862 sqft): 21 units
    • Strata Semi-D (3283 sqft): 10 units

Own Condo near future Thomson MRT, Thomson Three
    Call +65-81790465 (Haris) now for info and pricing

Facilities
    • Bubble Pool
    • Multi-purpose hall: entertainment/ dining facilities, private karaoke room, steam room
    • Chill out pavilion
    • Children's water play
    • Poolside pavilion
    • Floating gym
    • Hydro gym
    • Fitness deck
    • Courtyard garden
    • Sun lawn
    • Lap pool
    • Poolside gazebo
    • Poolside deck
    • Jet therapy pool
    • Reflexology courtyard
    • Children playground
    • BBQ station, and many more

Details at http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/thomson-three

Call+65-81790465 (Haris) for more info and to find out how this development can be your BEST INVESTMENT, or email [email protected]

New Singapore Property | Singapore Property for Sale | Singapore Property for Investment | Iskandar Property for Sale | Iskandar Property for Investment

Singapore condo for sale | Freehold Singapore Property | Freehold Singapore Property for sale | Freehold Singapore Property for investment | Condo near MRT

Condo near MRT for sale | Iskandar property | Iskandar Property for sale | Iskandar Property for investment | Iskandar condo for sale

Freehold Iskandar property | Freehold Iskandar Property for sale | Freehold Iskandar Property for investment | Iskandar new launch | New Iskandar Property

Tmr 1 pm will be the launch of Thomson Three. According to my agent, the response is very good (collected many cheques)

Is it true? Will it sell like hotcake or just a sales tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoo View Post
    Tmr 1 pm will be the launch of Thomson Three. According to my agent, the response is very good (collected many cheques)

Is it true? Will it sell like hotcake or just a sales tactics?
    My agent told me 500-600 cheques, but not categorised so unclear how many cheques are for each type of unit.

it will all boil down eventually to price, they have first mover advantage, since there could be quite a bit of overlap in target mkt between this one, Panorama (amk) and sky Vue (Bishan)