Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Skywoods @ Dairy Farm

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    The turnout is significantly less impressive compared to Eco-santuary. You probably know why and what is attributing to this.
    Thanks. I liked your second sentence.

Other than sky wood and hillview peak....is there any more new condo projects launching at hillview in the near term??

Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently..

[QUOTE:Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently.]

Hillview area is legend of condo... too many condos.
    Skywood design is no good, worse still is far away from Hillview MRT with no covered walkway.

Glendale Park (Free-hold) which is only 2 minutes walk from Hillview MRT, resale price now at average $1100psf, 3-bedder rental only $3K per month.
    Who will buy Skywood at $1300psf, rental yield will be so low that it will not cover monthly instalment $. Unless buy for own stay. The developer sells at future pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by akow View Post
    [QUOTE:Hearsay the this project is going for ballot system for the choice units..hurry before it's gone pernamently.]

Skywood design is no good, worse still is far away from Hillview MRT with no covered walkway.

Glendale Park (Free-hold) which is only 2 minutes walk from Hillview MRT, resale price now at average $1100psf, 3-bedder rental only $3K per month.
    Who will buy Skywood at $1300psf, rental yield will be so low that it will not cover monthly instalment $. Unless buy for own stay. The developer sells at future pricing.
    Ya, I really wish it can drop to 1k psf in 2 to 3 years time, then I can acquire one unit at sky wood, I will take these 3 years to save enough cash for the downpayment.....hope the sales remain negative....i have gone tru the 2000 crash , I know wat causes price to drop...I can wait...only early 40+

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Ya, I really wish it can drop to 1k psf in 2 to 3 years time, then I can acquire one unit at sky wood, I will take these 3 years to save enough cash for the downpayment.....hope the sales remain negative....i have gone tru the 2000 crash , I know wat causes price to drop...I can wait...only early 40+

1kpsf for penhse unit?

Was at the launch early this morning. Very muted crowd.

From 1250 psf, compressed marble, timbre strip and full range of fridge /washing machine less dryer.
    Layout was ok, nothing to scream.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds View Post
    Was at the launch early this morning. Very muted crowd.

From 1250 psf, compressed marble, timbre strip and full range of fridge /washing machine less dryer.
    Layout was ok, nothing to scream.
    Hi...at 1250psf - it is equally a project that is over-rated as Hillview peak.

The saving grace for this project is - it is market cheaper than Hillview peak.

It's time for Kingsford to wake up their idea.

No more kings...but fools.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Hi...at 1250psf - it is equally a project that is over-rated as Hillview peak.

The saving grace for this project is - it is market cheaper than Hillview peak.

It's time for Kingsford to wake up their idea.

No more kings...but fools.
    Due to overwhelming response..the one bedders is 96% SOLD!!

I was at the showflat yesterday chatting with an agent I know. He said the project not selling well n told me he wouldn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74 View Post
    What about the rest??
    Ride or Die

Smile

wow. good to hear that the one bedders were almost fully sold within such a short time. seemed like the buying trend is going downsize to the smaller unit......

Skywoods is ok...passable standard
    I wonder if the detractors here are agents masquerading as buyers

Those who bought one bedder at a 99LH land are fools.

They deserve to be sell off by financial meltdown.

Exclusive private enclave has its charm. So does Bukit Timah and East Coast. Why would u prefer to live in a condo amongst HDB flats? Exclusive private enclaves has its charm. It means your neighbours are as well off as u and u dun get trespassers who use your facilities.

Anyway, I doubt this Dairy Farm development can do well. No HDB catchment and private owners are no longer biting. The only buyers left are HDB upgraders. So developments near HDB enclaves like Sin Ming 光明山 and bedok tanah merah should do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post
    Exclusive private enclave has its charm. So does Bukit Timah and East Coast. Why would u prefer to live in a condo amongst HDB flats? Exclusive private enclaves has its charm. It means your neighbours are as well off as u and u dun get trespassers who use your facilities.

Anyway, I doubt this Dairy Farm development can do well. No HDB catchment and private owners are no longer biting. The only buyers left are HDB upgraders. So developments near HDB enclaves like Sin Ming 光明山 and bedok tanah merah should do better.
    Upgraders would have turn off by the psf pricing though for a mere 99LH.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Upgraders would have turn off by the psf pricing though for a mere 99LH.
    ... why Mt Sinai remains affordable for one upgrader???? Is there anything wrong with the location?...or the unit? ....like haunted or something....
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by dare2 View Post
    ... why Mt Sinai remains affordable for one upgrader???? Is there anything wrong with the location?...or the unit? ....like haunted or something....
    Just ignore Yowetan, biased comments always.

Compressed marble is cheap & low class, used by condos normally at below $1000psf in the east. I am surprised Skywood is not willing to spend on flooring.

So much empty land around Skywood!
    Never buy a development besides empty lands, it's high risk.

Compressed marble is cheap & low class, used by condos normally at below $1000psf in the east. I am surprised Skywood is not willing to spend on flooring.

That is nonsense. Find me a new launch that is priced below $1000psf. Then find me one that is using compressed marble. No matter how you argue , compress marble is still more expensive than homogenous tiles.

If your theory is right, we should be buying into development who can look into other developments?!? I remember going for a viewing and the agent told me the unit has pool view. I thought it was a good deal but upon reaching the unit, the pool I was looking at belongs to next door condo. For every land parcel, I'm sure there are good view and some riskier view. And they will be priced accordingly. Developers ain't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    That is nonsense. Find me a new launch that is priced below $1000psf. Then find me one that is using compressed marble. No matter how you argue , compress marble is still more expensive than homogenous tiles.

]

Do your homework before saying it's nonsense. It's clear you have no idea of new launches pricing in Pasir Ris. In addition, earlier this year, Q-Bay residence by Frasers at Tampines launched at average $980psf, and they are using compressed marble.
    Last edited by akow; 08-09-13 at 00:58.

]

Do your homework before saying it's nonsense. It's clear you have no idea of new launches pricing in Pasir Ris. In addition, earlier this year, Q-Bay residence by Frasers at Tampines launched at average $980psf, and they are using compressed marble.
    What is the land price for Q bay and land price for Skywood? And the timing of the launch? One was launched last year, and we are talking about recent launch. I don't need to do much homework to know that you are not even comparing apple to apple. You might as well tell me last time one can get marble for orchard road development for less than $1k psf.

Smile

Agreed. I bought my unit facing the army camp (unless the camp moved, then I have nothing to say).

Dear Sir,

May I know what is the logic behind this clause?

That is pure nonsense...but u do have to consider what the developer promise which could be altered when those nearby parcels are developed! Especially promise of unblock views, excellent serene environment, etc...but, gold mine could land on your door step if a MRT station or shopping mall is coming up in vicinity..... so, it is not always bad. At least u know if the economy continue to be good, the developers will not launch with psf lower than yours....

But having said that, I personally think at today's price, this is on a high side....and that's also referring to those other Hillview development. In today's context, the developers have priced too much forward pricing into their launches...

Not saying that they can't sell, but I would think, take up will be slow....don't rush into it. Rather wait for something u like if u considering own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    Dear Sir,

Last edited by lajia; 08-09-13 at 12:08.

it's a simple logic
    you bought mid-to-high floor unit ... paying a premium for the view
    before you know it ... another project is going to be developed of that empty land you are facing
    bamp ... your "premium" for the view is gone and you are facing a tall building and not to mention 3-4 years of development noise

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    Dear Sir,

I bought treehouse back then when it first launched. It was the first plot of land too. If it was an extremely risky thing to do, then I'm glad I took the risk.
    Ride or Die

no risk no gain
    you made the right bet
    tree house launch with $800+ psf and now all the surrounding project minimum $1000-$1200 psf

I bought treehouse back then when it first launched. It was the first plot of land too. If it was an extremely risky thing to do, then I'm glad I took the risk.

Well done Autumnwinds ! Like buying undervalued stocks !

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    That is pure nonsense...but u do have to consider what the developer promise which could be altered when those nearby parcels are developed! Especially promise of unblock views, excellent serene environment, etc...but, gold mine could land on your door step if a MRT station or shopping mall is coming up in vicinity..... so, it is not always bad. At least u know if the economy continue to be good, the developers will not launch with psf lower than yours....

But having said that, I personally think at today's price, this is on a high side....and that's also referring to those other Hillview development. In today's context, the developers have priced too much forward pricing into their launches...

Not saying that they can't sell, but I would think, take up will be slow....don't rush into it. Rather wait for something u like if u considering own stay.
    I have the same parallel line of thought. You ride on the transaction prices of the subsequent launches. Yes granted, dust & noise will all be part of it. But once they are completed and TOP-ed, they will bring the price to the next level. No Pain; no Gain. You don't like the place? Fine. Move on then. All thanks to your neighboring development that already elevates the price in the vicinity.

Government doesn't launch sites during bad times. They do it more aggressively during good times and of course developers bid like no tomorrow during those times. So in a way empty plots of land around a development wouldn't that translate into higher potentials? 6 rounds of punting. How many of these will likely be bidded below the current psf? If near zero, wouldn't a development like SW be an even more assured investment?

Above just like HO. Am I incorrect to assume the above?

When Tree House was marketed a year plus back, many walk in customers complained its insane to buy suburban property at near 1K psf. Simply Crazy! Today in SW showflats, the same people are lamenting they are better off buying Treehouse back then. Tomorrow if the plot launching next to SW sells for 1500psf the same group of fellows will probably say it so cheap to buy SW. Then like that how?