Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Skywoods @ Dairy Farm

So preview sold 35 units and launch sold 10 units? Dairy Farm so unpopular ar?

i think price too high la...J gateway 1 bedder also 700K plus right? already ppl buy kana say siow already then here this kind of location also that kind of pricing??
    what do u think...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    i think price too high la...J gateway 1 bedder also 700K plus right? already ppl buy kana say siow already then here this kind of location also that kind of pricing??
    what do u think...
    i sink the pie are chip chip lah..

try to capitalise on Hillview
    saying near Hillview MRT, near Hillview cluster of landed property, Hillview > rich people stay

Dairy Farm Road is not Hillview just like Upper Bukit Timah Road is not Bukit Timah Road (expensive condo)

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know View Post
    try to capitalise on Hillview
    saying near Hillview MRT, near Hillview cluster of landed property, Hillview > rich people stay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLKVFrx8ag

Took some time out and visited this place....was a total waste of time.

1) Plain design - really nothing to shout abt
    2) Entrance is not grand....guard house by the side? seriously?
    3) Over priced - i rather by "the glades"
    4) Inferior items (FP fridge? Super small rooms? Horrible tiles)

Conclusion, if i want to stay near MRT - i will buy "the glades" this place sucks - for suckers only.

I feel sorry for those whom brought it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post

Conclusion, if i want to stay near MRT - i will buy "the glades" this place sucks - for suckers only.

Avg pricing for this is $1,250psf and average pricing for Glade is $1450psf, so what are you comparing?

This is located in west and Glade is located in the east, so what are you comparing?

Maybe a more useful comparison if you are compare vis-a-visa Glade, like Glade provide superior item like ... as compared to Skywood who provide FP fridge... so that we all can get a better idea?

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    Avg pricing for this is $1,250psf and average pricing for Glade is $1450psf, so what are you comparing?

This is located in west and Glade is located in the east, so what are you comparing?

Maybe a more useful comparison if you are compare vis-a-visa Glade, like Glade provide superior item like ... as compared to Skywood who provide FP fridge... so that we all can get a better idea?
    Well, if i have 900k rather then paying 898k for a 2-br in skywoods, i would top up a bit more to buy the glades. (yes, i was quoted that both 2-br price. but from what i was quote the prices abt the same becos glades is a tad smaller but no big deal in my opinion).

U may think it's not an apple to apple, to me that area , that price is totally not worth looking at. Of course, I can compare Eco sanc, foresque etc but if u haven't brought that area, u have sort of miss the boat. Since u missed the boat, why force yourself on to the wagon? Look somewhere else lar or wait for a better boat comes along (if it ever happen)

If u really have to stay that area (for whatever reason) lol buy second hand, buy eco sanc, buy forest no need to compare as skywood is no where near 2013 standard.

It feels like a condo launch in 2008!! enough said.

That area have enough condos for you to choose from, no need to buy skywood.

Well, if i have 900k rather then paying 898k for a 2-br in skywoods, i would top up a bit more to buy the glades. (yes, i was quoted that both 2-br price. but from what i was quote the prices abt the same becos glades is a tad smaller but no big deal in my opinion).

U may think it's not an apple to apple, to me that area , that price is totally not worth looking at. Of course, I can compare Eco sanc, foresque etc but if u haven't brought that area, u have sort of miss the boat. Since u missed the boat, why force yourself on to the wagon? Look somewhere else lar or wait for a better boat comes along (if it ever happen)

If u really have to stay that area (for whatever reason) lol buy second hand, buy eco sanc, buy forest no need to compare as skywood is no where near 2013 standard.

maybe the potential buyers would think the way u thought leh!

I must confess I have yet to cost both showflat.

But what you say here, you do know that I can say the same about Glade? I really don't think twoo bedder at Glade is only "a bit more" than Skywood. A equal size two bedder at 750sq ft is equivalent to $150k. Not "a bit" IMO.

Anyway, I respect your opinion but I hope you can share more insight to why glade is better in term of design, layout and furnishing.

But what you say here, you do know that I can say the same about Glade? I really don't think twoo bedder at Glade is only "a bit more" than Skywood. A equal size two bedder at 750sq ft is equivalent to $150k. Not "a bit" IMO.

Anyway, I respect your opinion but I hope you can share more insight to why glade is better in term of design, layout and furnishing.
    He means that the 2bedder in glades is slightly smaller in size, hence the difference is just a shade more...
    Ride or Die

My 2cent view..went to all the show flat and compare the price, facilities and location..best in price 3 house..facilities forest kill ..materials eco..location sky wood which is nearer to mrt..but most of the buyer which can afford a condo at this area, who need mrt to be near by..I only need coffee shop and market ..at night if hungry I need a coffee shop which can grab a quick bite. But at sky wood which is the most expensive condo launch right now , y dun u ppl cross the road and buy hill view ..u are nearer to mrt plus a shopping mall..lanai which is free hold also selling at $1400 pfs.. material which is much better, and design win hand down.. buying sky wood the only thing u get for free is the so call fin to block ur beautiful view .

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttrain View Post
    My 2cent view..went to all the show flat and compare the price, facilities and location..best in price 3 house..facilities forest kill ..materials eco..location sky wood which is nearer to mrt..but most of the buyer which can afford a condo at this area, who need mrt to be near by..I only need coffee shop and market ..at night if hungry I need a coffee shop which can grab a quick bite. But at sky wood which is the most expensive condo launch right now , y dun u ppl cross the road and buy hill view ..u are nearer to mrt plus a shopping mall..lanai which is free hold also selling at $1400 pfs.. material which is much better, and design win hand down.. buying sky wood the only thing u get for free is the so call fin to block ur beautiful view .
    another to add...if u stay in bt panjang , u will not take train to orchard rd..u will take 190 and 700 this 2 buses, will use p.i.e and exist steven rd and reach far east in 15min..

At first i really didn't want to go such details but since u asked so nicely....

Btw I am solely talking abt 2-br becos I can't afford a penthouse. (yeah, i am not that rich)

1) Most Skywoods balcony are pointy, the few which aren't only have 1 bathroom. So it's either a 66sqm pointy balcony or 58sqm normal balcony with 1 bathroom whereas the glades design is much more "normal" and "usable"

2) The glades gives smegs and expensive equipments whereas skywoods gives u....electrolux and fisher & paykel? Oh, I particularly remember "The glades" washing machine is whirlpool with a big "Made in Italy".

3) Skywood developer try to smoke buyers with "customize" bed and ID tricks. At least Keppel didn't restort to that instead they provide "convertible" solutions for young buyers whom enjoy real innovations and solutions.

4) Although both gives homogenous tiles - Keppel ones looks more expensive - perhaps thats' why they call it "compress marble" whereas skywood developer didn't even try.

5) Wardrobe of skywoods masterbed room is too small and I really dislike this type of wardrobe with just metal bars and plastic hooks....looks really cheap.

Finally......the landscaping, the grand entrance (really I can IMAGINE how skywood entrance is like), facilities and branding - the glades is worth the extra psf.

Everyone can say whatever they want, at the end of the day, they will be measured by others based on how credible their statements are.......

Quote Originally Posted by Photogguy View Post
    Everyone can say whatever they want, at the end of the day, they will be measured by others based on how credible their statements are.......
    TCSS LAH..TAKE THAT AS A PINCH OF SALT. PEACE!!

I think no point comparing the Glades with Skywoods cos too far apart. One in far east with existing mrt and catering for those working in Changi Business Park. Skywoods is central west and near nature and future mrt. Closer to the city and future Jurong lake. And I really cannot understand why Singaporeans so easily impressed by brands. Just throw in a few made in Italy fridge and then easily impressed Liao. Most importantly is the fixtures provided are pragmatic. Brand name doesn't mean good. In buying property, don't stare the brand of the household item, it's not important. I'll rather buy myself than having the same fridge or whatever as every neighbour.

Smile

I think no point comparing the Glades with Skywoods cos too far apart. One in far east with existing mrt and catering for those working in Changi Business Park. Skywoods is central west and near nature and future mrt. Closer to the city and future Jurong lake. And I really cannot understand why Singaporeans so easily impressed by brands. Just throw in a few made in Italy fridge and then easily impressed Liao. Most importantly is the fixtures provided are pragmatic. Brand name doesn't mean good. In buying property, don't stare the brand of the household item, it's not important. I'll rather buy myself than having the same fridge or whatever as every neighbour.
    I am looking forward to a comparison between Skywoods & Hillview Peak as they are closer (in location).

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    I am looking forward to a comparison between Skywoods & Hillview Peak as they are closer (in location).
    Ahaha I knew u will ask that if u realize I purposely not comparing "Skywood" with your estate ahahah

Smile

Ahaha I knew u will ask that if u realize I purposely not comparing "Skywood" with your estate ahahah
    haha, you got me. I have not gone to the Skywoods show flat, so cannot make comparison. Even if i have gone to the SW show flat, I may still be unable to make a sound comparison. Hoping that you can help to make a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    haha, you got me. I have not gone to the Skywoods show flat, so cannot make comparison. Even if i have gone to the SW show flat, I may still be unable to make a sound comparison. Hoping that you can help to make a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance. Regards.
    I last time always visit showflats though I have bought my unit...so tat I know the pricing and the competitors in my area..... so tat u can ready the market better, undertand the profile of the buyers now, got gain, no lose.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    I last time always visit showflats though I have bought my unit...so tat I know the pricing and the competitors in my area..... so tat u can ready the market better, undertand the profile of the buyers now, got gain, no lose.....
    Thanks for the advice. I have intention to visit the showflats for SkyWoods but thought it would be better to learn from other views of our fellow forumers as I am seriously not too experienced at the moment or the near future. But many thanks for the advice, will visit more show flats to understand better

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know View Post
    just came home from skywoods showroom
    overall pricing (2/3/4 bedrooms) are higher than TH, ECO and FR
    the selling point is near Hillview MRT because in terms of fittings, landscape, overall themes, etc is poorer compare the the 3 projects mentioned above
    is 400-500m (7-10mins walk?) considered near MRT and priced as near MRT premium?
    Visited the place a few days back. The agent shared that they have sold about 60 plus units. Noticed that they dun have a poster board (with stickers) to show you which units are left.

Overall, I felt that the price is at the high side. The tactic used was to show me all the prices @ level 2 (cheapest), then when i complained that price is really too high. Then they zoom into one 3-bedroom unit at mid-floor @ about $1320 psf.

Layout wise, there are quite some choices. Good layout. But bedrooms are rather small, merely can fit a queen size bed.

Location wise: Not really that near to Hill View MRT. To me it is going to be a long and dusty walk, because of the busy road.

Amenity wise: Nothing fantastic. You need a car or take a bus to nearby shopping complex or eateries.

Final Verdict: I walked out from the showflat feeling that I have wasted my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoo View Post
    Visited the place a few days back. The agent shared that they have sold about 60 plus units. Noticed that they dun have a poster board (with stickers) to show you which units are left.

Overall, I felt that the price is at the high side. The tactic used was to show me all the prices @ level 2 (cheapest), then when i complained that price is really too high. Then they zoom into one 3-bedroom unit at mid-floor @ about $1320 psf.

Layout wise, there are quite some choices. Good layout. But bedrooms are rather small, merely can fit a queen size bed.

Location wise: Not really that near to Hill View MRT. To me it is going to be a long and dusty walk, because of the busy road.

Amenity wise: Nothing fantastic. You need a car or take a bus to nearby shopping complex or eateries.

Final Verdict: I walked out from the showflat feeling that I have wasted my trip.
    Likewise i went there too..but i feel it is a good buy!

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74 View Post
    Than did u buy 1or 2 unit for own stay???

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74 View Post
    I would really like to know why is it a good buy. Please advise us.

this is a mil dollar question which i also like to know why ppl are pouring into hillview and dairy farm area especially those beyond 13xx psf...
    I would really like to know why is it a good buy. Please advise us.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    this is a mil dollar question which i also like to know why ppl are pouring into hillview and dairy farm area especially those beyond 13xx psf...
    If $13xxpsf not worth it, better to buy sky vue at bishan.

dont need to go so far....within the same district, you can find value buy of FH at 11XX and further more, better location in my opinion. so i really dont understand....if Im not wrong, they really have to crack their brains to come up with some brilliant ideas to sell these...if not, it will take a long time then expected. just my opinion, no offence.

what % sold now?

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post

Upper bukit Timah is exclusively private and will be served by future MRT. And overall the area doesn't seem as crowded as HDB estates like Bishan. There are also a lot of freehold properties around with some old money in the area which somehow gives it a different laid back vibe.It is also near Bukit Timah nature reserve and the only primary forest left in Singapore - real nature. Bishan area is all 99LH and surrounded by HDB flats. As I say, its up to the individual. But to compare Dairy Farm or Hillview with no HDB flats, i.e. freehold districts with Bishan is like apple and cheese. Obviously, there is no HDB upgrader catchment which probably explains the lower sales in the area. But frankly, I would rather the place stays low density.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post