Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Skywoods @ Dairy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon View Post
    Upper bukit Timah is exclusively private and will be served by future MRT. And overall the area doesn't seem as crowded as HDB estates like Bishan. There are also a lot of freehold properties around with some old money in the area which somehow gives it a different laid back vibe.It is also near Bukit Timah nature reserve and the only primary forest left in Singapore - real nature. Bishan area is all 99LH and surrounded by HDB flats. As I say, its up to the individual. But to compare Dairy Farm or Hillview with no HDB flats, i.e. freehold districts with Bishan is like apple and cheese. Obviously, there is no HDB upgrader catchment which probably explains the lower sales in the area. But frankly, I would rather the place stays low density.
    It is all in the matter of individual preference and lifestyle choices lah. That is why there are so many different condo and different locality. To say which is better than which is very hard unless you have some agreed benchmark.

Smile

Upper bukit Timah is exclusively private and will be served by future MRT. And overall the area doesn't seem as crowded as HDB estates like Bishan. There are also a lot of freehold properties around with some old money in the area which somehow gives it a different laid back vibe.It is also near Bukit Timah nature reserve and the only primary forest left in Singapore - real nature. Bishan area is all 99LH and surrounded by HDB flats. As I say, its up to the individual. But to compare Dairy Farm or Hillview with no HDB flats, i.e. freehold districts with Bishan is like apple and cheese. Obviously, there is no HDB upgrader catchment which probably explains the lower sales in the area. But frankly, I would rather the place stays low density.
    Hi, Wild Falcon. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It was the quiet and peacefulness which attracted me to HVP. I am looking forward to stay there. Folks who preferred Dairy Farm or Hillview would not prefer Bishan and vice versa. Dairy Farm, Hillview and Bishan iare nice in its own way but basically different.

Fr investor perspective, both Skywood and Kingsford lease-hold project are over-priced as developers sell at Future pricing.Adjacent free-hold resale condo which is even nearer to Hillview MRT shows most recent resale transactions at average $1100psf. From the database, the sell-out rate for HVP is about 27% after 6 months since initial launch in Mar. For own stay, it's different criterias due to individual prefered choices. Again Hillview area is legend of condo, simply too many condos to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    Hi, Wild Falcon. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It was the quiet and peacefulness which attracted me to HVP. I am looking forward to stay there. Folks who preferred Dairy Farm or Hillview would not prefer Bishan and vice versa. Dairy Farm, Hillview and Bishan iare nice in its own way but basically different.
    Hi... I find it is contradicting.

You have a hill v2 that will be populated with many foreigners when this mixed development is up.

Traffic congestion, noise and smoke will be apparent. Now, it is contradicting your tranquility expectation!

In short, kingsford a Chinese mill developer is greedy and over price this project. Also with so much defects running around these years expect more from Chinese for they are known in cost cutting measure! It does adds up when the take up rate is pathetic.

Good luck to your tranquility and 'hope' of capital appreciation. The opposite hillview park condo with FH status set to be gaining more than your HVP.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Hi... I find it is contradicting.

You have a hill v2 that will be populated with many foreigners when this mixed development is up.

Traffic congestion, noise and smoke will be apparent. Now, it is contradicting your tranquility expectation!

In short, kingsford a Chinese mill developer is greedy and over price this project. Also with so much defects running around these years expect more from Chinese for they are known in cost cutting measure! It does adds up when the take up rate is pathetic.

Good luck to your tranquility and 'hope' of capital appreciation. The opposite hillview park condo with FH status set to be gaining more than your HVP.
    thanks for your well wishes. think a mix of foreigners is good for any living area (unless you are implying that they are noisy, which i doubt so). i am not too worried abut traffic congestion (i don't drive and my unit is facing the camp), same for noise and smoke. I am neutral towards Chinese personnel or any "foreigners". If the opposite Hillview Park condo is gaining more, i will be happy for them as they had the foresight of buying into the area early. i am buying HVP to stay on my own (one person in my small 517 sqf area), no one or dog to share.

thanks for your well wishes. think a mix of foreigners is good for any living area (unless you are implying that they are noisy, which i doubt so). i am not too worried abut traffic congestion (i don't drive and my unit is facing the camp), same for noise and smoke. I am neutral towards Chinese personnel or any "foreigners". If the opposite Hillview Park condo is gaining more, i will be happy for them as they had the foresight of buying into the area early. i am buying HVP to stay on my own (one person in my small 517 sqf area), no one or dog to share.

Mt Sinai is also flooded with too many foreigners now.

Bro sillyme. Why a one bedder? Any plans to expand your family?
    Ride or Die

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds View Post
    Bro sillyme. Why a one bedder? Any plans to expand your family?
    No plan to expand a family, hence the one bedder. 8) easier to take care too when the space not too big. Also more affordable though psf higher relatively.

Smile

Mt Sinai is also flooded with too many foreigners now.
    Positively, though I am no expert, shouldn't the presence of foreigners at Mount Sinai meant foreigners liked the area to either buy or rent an unit there? With you & your family moving in, you would have increased the local presence there, balancing things a bit. One day when I free, I will travel there to take a look.

Positively, though I am no expert, shouldn't the presence of foreigners at Mount Sinai meant foreigners liked the area to either buy or rent an unit there? With you & your family moving in, you would have increased the local presence there, balancing things a bit. One day when I free, I will travel there to take a look.

Couple + 2 kids + Pair of PIL + Pair of Parents + BIL + Dog in a spacious 2-bedder......must be very nice and cosy.....for property Guru Mr YT....but he may have other kind of indoor congestion like toilet congestion-lah....the Singapore pioneer in Hongkongnisation in Mt Sinai...

Quote Originally Posted by Photogguy View Post
    Couple + 2 kids + Pair of PIL + Pair of Parents + BIL + Dog in a spacious 2-bedder......must be very nice and cosy.....for property Guru Mr YT....but he may have other kind of indoor congestion like toilet congestion-lah....the Singapore pioneer in Hongkongnisation in Mt Sinai...
    Hi...I do have a plan to write a book on my Mt Sinai path.

This book will probably shut the mouth(s) of many millionaire(s) in this forum.

Hi...I do have a plan to write a book on my Mt Sinai path.

This book will probably shut the mouth(s) of many millionaire(s) in this forum.
    I tink u have the biggest mouth lei, criticizing non-stop for no valid reasons....why not u write a book to shut yourself first...sour grapes who MTB.

does anyone know how to check if the nearby plots of land have been bidded?

Under URA website u should get the info.

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE View Post
    does anyone know how to check if the nearby plots of land have been bidded?

Default Upcoming New Launch Development in Jurong West

Are you waiting for the new launch Jurong West condo ? There will be an upcoming new development with close proximity to Lakeside MRT developed by MCL Land Limited. This will be a great opportunity to own a unit next to many major development in Jurong West like Jems, Jcube, west gate just like J-Gateway.

Learn more about it in Singapore Master plan 2013 at http://www.urproperty.sg/2013/12/sin...-district.html

Register Your interest early to get any up to date information by Calling or SMS <JurongMcL> to 91259978

Default Upcoming New Launch Development in Jurong West Reply to Thread

Waiting eagerly for the New launch development in Jurong West..thanks for the share...!!

The Riverbank Condo At Fernvale

Just passed by the show room, saw the car park packed with cars. This is unusual. Any idea what's happening? The develpoer dangling carrots?

Please call me at 91087536 Raymond to RSVP for this champagne brunch event on 9th March next Sunday.

Hi,

Would like to seek advice with the seasoned property gurus here. If you have bought a property and the developer offer 5% more discount in the next few weeks - is there anything you can/ would do to cushion the impact?

Offering extra 8% discount. Still quite pricy though.

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/star-buy/

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Offering extra 8% discount. Still quite pricy though.

http://www.skywoods.com.sg/star-buy/
    Yah..if you are one of the few who bought earlier - would they usually protect your interest and rebate something or it's gonna be tough? Any early buyers here who didn't benefit from the extra discount?

I don't think they will refund the difference. The price in the s&P agreement would be final. Unless there is a clause that they will refund if they sell at lower price next time.

Hi,

Would like to seek advice with the seasoned property gurus here. If you have bought a property and the developer offer 5% more discount in the next few weeks - is there anything you can/ would do to cushion the impact?
    Nope, nothing u can do abt it.

Btw, the entrance of this place is horrible. (not to mention the facade)

What push you into buying it, I really wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post

ok what, quite nice. What is so horrible.

Default gate

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    ok what, quite nice. What is so horrible.
    LOL, the guard house is at one side AFTER the gate. So u have to let car come in then screen them?

That is ok? I think it sucks.

And it's not grand at all, even EC have better looking entrance.

Guest, come your place first impression would be "cheapskate" feel

LOL, the guard house is at one side AFTER the gate. So u have to let car come in then screen them?

That is ok? I think it sucks.

And it's not grand at all, even EC have better looking entrance.

Guest, come your place first impression would be "cheapskate" feel
    You planted 3 dark seeds in your nearby neighbour garden. The dark trees will grow and one day cross pollinate with your garden trees and produce 70 darker trees in our Eco friendly garden.

Total = 73 dark trees.

Actually times like this you really appreciate those developers who can hold. At least they don't create this type of tension with e early buyers. Says a lot about this developer. Heard that a nearby development offered the discount to their early buyers in view of their price revision.

Actually times like this you really appreciate those developers who can hold. At least they don't create this type of tension with e early buyers. Says a lot about this developer. Heard that a nearby development offered the discount to their early buyers in view of their price revision.
    Which nearby development that does price revision?

Hillview peak?

Hi,

Time will heal your pain.