Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Airport impact

Default Paya Lebar Airport impact

Big news on airport. What do you think will be the impact of residential properties in that area? For sure, aircraft noise will be history in 30 years time. What about plot ratio?

AFAIK, those land around the airport are for commercial usage, will that change?

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Anything near and bounded by defu, tampines rd and old tampines rd and tampines ave 10 huuaaaaaaat arhhh!!!

Now we know why wing tai choose to launch Tembusu during this period.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

A new military airbase and a fourth runway will be built at Changi East, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday.

Paya Lebar Airbase will be moved there later on. This will free up an area bigger than Bishan and Toa Payoh - around 800 ha - for new homes, offices, and factories.

Relocating the airbase also removes height restrictions around Paya Lebar and frees up the authorities to develop new and exciting plans for the eastern part of Singapore.

PM Lee also touched on other bold plans that are in progress.

These include building a new port in Tuas which is bigger and more efficient than current facilities, to maintain the country's premier position as one of the world's leading ports.

All container ports in Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, Brani and Pasir Panjang will be moved there when leases expire from 2027.

This will also free up prime land in Tanjong Pagar, where a new southern waterfront city will be built. Occupying a space of about 1,000 ha, or 2.5 times the size of Marina Bay, it will stretch from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang.

There will also be a fifth terminal at Changi Airport, to double its current capacity.

PM Lee said the plans were examples of how Singapore needs to think and plan for the future.

"If we can carry off these plans, we will not have to worry about running out of space or possibilities in Singapore," he said.

Building height limits will be raised around the area!! Enbloc wave is coming back.

This will really bring back the paya lebar like it was in the good old days.....

Land oversupply....don't expect much on price increase.

So many land will be made available in the next 15 to 30 years, so I guess 6.9m will become a reality by then.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

No wonder developers bid so high for those plots in tampines ave 10. If the air base is gone, expect some mrt line to pass through there from pasir ris. Q bay, waterview and the other plots there will huat.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    Building height limits will be raised around the area!! Enbloc wave is coming back.
    Wait for Masterplan 2040. thats if we are still around to see it.

I sleep extra sweet tonight. Knowing i have all my properties around this area.

Congrats all easterners.

东方不败

Goode nai.

Will u be around when these happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GIG
    Land oversupply....don't expect much on price increase.
    Don't agree that there will be a land oversupply. I think they are planning for a population increase. Manpower shortage is getting serious. Government can't slow the gate for too long.

My friend's company need 20 engineers and the company only manage to hire 2.

Master plan 2001 had the MRT line cross PLAB and this was removed in the white paper. Now seems like there is higher chance they are resurrecting the original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    No wonder developers bid so high for those plots in tampines ave 10. If the air base is gone, expect some mrt line to pass through there from pasir ris. Q bay, waterview and the other plots there will huat.
    It will surpass the already notable bidadari effect. This one whole new townscape being on non pantang ground.

Wah...Fighter jet above private housing at Flora Drive and Loyang.

Quote Originally Posted by yiguang2001
    Don't agree that there will be a land oversupply. I think they are planning for a population increase. Manpower shortage is getting serious. Government can't slow the gate for too long.

My friend's company need 20 engineers and the company only manage to hire 2.
    My guess is likely next year.

There are already enough land at Changi to accommodate the shift. Tomorrow stock price of construction companies will rise.

I expect D19 price will cont to inch up but loyang demand will drop due to fighter jet noise...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    My guess is likely next year.
    The PM already mentioned that the FT numbers is actually growing, but at a slower pace. Even then, MNC and SMC are facing labor shortage. My guess is that they will slow the pace until after the 2016 election, but the total FT numbers will still be growing. Demand for property will be maintained.

Will Geylang be a good buy now? :-) given that it's smack right between city n paya lebar?

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    Will Geylang be a good buy now? :-) given that it's smack right between city n paya lebar?
    It will be cheaper and more effective for the government and developers to develop from greenfield site rather than mature estate where infrastructure such as road and MRT line are already over loaded.

Properties around paya Lebar will huat big time, especially freehold ones. Bidadari prices will all shoot up further.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi

东方不败
    lol, now we know why target 6.9m ... this is size of Bishan + TPY

would the HDB sand dunes be shifted out to Changi also

imo, foreigners will be brought in once HDB resale prices go flat (or correct 5%) and our transport system is expanded (most likely when DTL2/DTL3 open with 500 buses added in 2017)

the Cross Island Line might just stop north of Bedok Reservoir then

huat ah huat ah !!! not very positive for Punggol imo
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 18-08-13 at 22:54.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

So will kembangan and bedok area benefit ?

Looks like the growth area is in the East in this coming 20 years.
    Much more opportunities than the West!

But that statement is biased because Office Boy is vested in the East.

Hahaaa!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    So will kembangan and bedok area benefit ?
    How abt Telok Kurau?

Quote Originally Posted by Tan80000
    I expect D19 price will cont to inch up but loyang demand will drop due to fighter jet noise...
    Changi Airport is actually very close to the sea already and therefore, not expecting any aircraft needing to fly overland at all

Anyway Changi Airport there already housing an airbase for F-16s so don't need will affect much at all
    http://SGNewCondoLaunch.com

Feel free to take a look. Something new every month

I think FH commercial properties around MRT station could be rezone to residential with increase plot ratio. Just like old Hillview area.

Ingenious plan to slice and cut Aljunied GRC and air drop new residents into PLAB

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    Changi Airport is actually very close to the sea already and therefore, not expecting any aircraft needing to fly overland at all

Anyway Changi Airport there already housing an airbase for F-16s so don't need will affect much at all
    Have to fly overland to avoid collision with commercial airplane