Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    There is definitely no legal obligation for the developers to give anything back. But as I mentioned, pple understand significant price cutting during recession or huge loss of jobs due to economic crisis but at this juncture, it means that the initial pricing is way too high due to greed of the developers. There is definitely a reputational cost to Wheelock. Wheelock is lucky that they are in Singapore. If they dare repeat such sale tatics in China, the initial buyers would have stormed in and trash their showflat and main office.....surely these are not games. Or probably you watched too much HBO Games of Throne?
    Everyone is greedy in the free market. Developers are not doing charity work. The initial price was high due to simply market force of supply and demand.
    Buyers who stormed the showflat in China were simply wrong, they had no respect to law and order, and had no knowledge of law of contract, and should have been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by yl View Post
    If developer cut more than 20 percent..wouldn't that mean the valuation dropped before they even get the keys??!
    That would just be paper loss. What's more concerning would be whether the banks will exercise any margin calls at that point of time!

Quote Originally Posted by economist View Post
    Everyone is greedy in the free market. Developers are not doing charity work. The initial price was high due to simply market force of supply and demand...
    That's why in a way ABSD serves a greater cause in slowing down the mkt and taming the price. Without which, the price will surely runaway and buyers will end up paying a lot more and higher than they would now with ABSD.

The property market has always been a playing field for the rich and knowledgeable. Sadly, the average Joe who save and save to buy a roof always get caught in this game. That is why the government came out with cooling measures to discourage people from getting into the game LATE and get themselves burnt.

Sadly, the more cooling measures the government put in place initially, the price keep getting higher because many people chose to believe (what the experts said) that if I do not buy now, I would not be able to buy later. In some way these "experts" said were true because they knew better how human behaves and reacts to rising prices. The "window of opportunity" to sell more during rising prices is limited so developers and "experts" keep repeating the "fear" factor and mostly the average Joe got sucked into the "game", a game sadly they did not prepare to play.

For those who bought early and still holding on to their asset MAY not gain much if prices fall to the point where they first bought. For those who bought late, any price fall means that their asset is now below valuation.

China's property market is still not mature and hence the Chinese have not had a taste of losing their investments even before collecting their keys. However, in Hong Kong where the financial and real estate market undergone many cycles, the Hong Kongers just kick themselves and move on when their investments turn negative. They behave very differently from the Chinese.

As for Singapore, we should be more like the Hong Kongers and not to behave like the Chinese. It would be a sad thing to see early buyers start creating a scene at developers' offices demanding for "compensations".

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    That is why I think you are a joker, anything including buying big ticket item property for own stay is a "game" to you. OMG....I can't believe you even dare say that. We are not talking about high net worth ultra rich buying Sentosa Coves or Prime areas. Many of the folks here work hard to accumulate their blood n sweat money to fulfill their dreams of owning a private property.

There is definitely no legal obligation for the developers to give anything back. But as I mentioned, pple understand significant price cutting during recession or huge loss of jobs due to economic crisis but at this juncture, it means that the initial pricing is way too high due to greed of the developers. There is definitely a reputational cost to Wheelock. Wheelock is lucky that they are in Singapore. If they dare repeat such sale tatics in China, the initial buyers would have stormed in and trash their showflat and main office.....surely these are not games. Or probably you watched too much HBO Games of Throne?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post

As for Singapore, we should be more like the Hong Kongers and not to behave like the Chinese. It would be a sad thing to see early buyers start creating a scene at developers' offices demanding for "compensations".
    Sorry! I mean late buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Is apple evil
    yes of course !

and the CFO of Apple had just joined the board of Goldman Sachs Evils unite !

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    yes of course !

and the CFO of Apple had just joined the board of Goldman Sachs Evils unite !
    hahahahaha....

so interesting rite, in the past, wintel was the evil twin.... and apple was the underdog....

today, the event is totally opposite....

can u imagine working for a coy that makes a miserable net profit of 1%... what is the bonus gonna be and what about increment

so it is rite for the coy that the person works in to make lots of money so can have big bonus and increment but not for developers to make money????

Then what about the people working in the ill fated realm of property development????

Starbucks charge crazy prices but people still go leh...

Hahahahaha.... Its always about which side you are on

As to the "evil" - agree.... birds of a feather flock together...

How is the relaunch going? After 60 (1st phase) + 60 (2nd phase) sold, is the momentum still going? If no, going to cut price again for Christmas?

are they still giving the same discounts for the next batches of units? Anybody knows?

Any updates on this development in terms of types of units sold and current prices being offered / sold at?

Newspaper reports say mainly 1 and 2 bedroom units sold in the recent relaunch in May. Wondering how they will sell the remaining units if even a price cut can't entice buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbox View Post
    Any updates on this development in terms of types of units sold and current prices being offered / sold at?

Newspaper reports say mainly 1 and 2 bedroom units sold in the recent relaunch in May. Wondering how they will sell the remaining units if even a price cut can't entice buyers.
    Was @ showflat 5 Oct 2014, all 1 bedroom sold out. According to agent over 300 units sold as @ Sep end, but need to confirm this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy43 View Post
    Was @ showflat 5 Oct 2014, all 1 bedroom sold out. According to agent over 300 units sold as @ Sep end, but need to confirm this figure.
    Only 300 of 698 units released for sale. Not possible to have sold over 300.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyy View Post
    Only 300 of 698 units released for sale. Not possible to have sold over 300.
    The Straits Times reported that 282 units were sold as at Sep-14. This would be 40% of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyy View Post
    The Straits Times reported that 282 units were sold as at Sep-14. This would be 40% of the project.
    Have been eyeing Pano for the longest time..
    Currently , 1187 psf lowest for 3+1 bedder..
    Do you think will drop to 1100 psf by next yr?
    Like the layout n finishing ..
    Any suggestions or opinions?

The balcony of the units are as big as the living room and dining area combined. I do not like it.

The Panorama Latest Sales Update!

1Bedroom Fully Sold!

2 Bedroom (678sf - 700sf) : From $900,768

2 + Study (775sf - 786sf) : From $888,448

3 Bedroom (990sf – 1,023sf) : From $1,170,400

3 + Study (1,130sf – 1,163sf) : From $1,322,200

4 Bedroom (1,313sf – 1,335sf) : From $1,535,248

The Panorama Development Attributes:

-698 Units, 2 Towers of 20-Storey and 4 Towers of 17-Storey

-Choice of 1BR (Fully Sold) / 2BR / 2+S / 3BR / 3+S / 4BR / 5BR / PH

-Developed by Wheelock Properties Singapore Limited

-Walking distance to future Mayflower MRT Station

-Next to CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls School

-Proximity to Anderson Junior College, Nanyang Polytechnic & James Cook University

-Easy access to shopping, dining and amenities

Showflat will close for renovation from 22 Dec, Reopening date to be advised.

Last chance to view showflat before renovation start!

Call Kaeden @ +65 9048 0660 for more information.

Cheerios

The Panorama prices update :

Price + Availability Chart – Panorama dated 27 Nov 2014
    Floor plans also available.
    http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/the-panorama/

Thanks

Default Site update

We just visit the site yesterday. Can anyone tell from the picture how soon should blk 20 owners get notification from developer for the 1st 10%?
    image-bddecef100e99785d305fb966333beb9b233d5e11d3b83d919219c783703b8f9-V.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lbn View Post
    We just visit the site yesterday. Can anyone tell from the picture how soon should blk 20 owners get notification from developer for the 1st 10%?
    image-bddecef100e99785d305fb966333beb9b233d5e11d3b83d919219c783703b8f9-V.jpg
    Hard to tell without knowing which floor u buy. The best way is still to check with the developer directly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Hard to tell without knowing which floor u buy. The best way is still to check with the developer directly.

First 10% is for foundation. BLK 16 foundation just completed, just called for 10% a few days ago. Looking at picture, as early as in 2 months time for blk 20. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    We got level 4.

We got level 4.
    can know how many room you bought? was thinking of stack 33 wonder which level can oversee CHIJ buiding and can HDB see stack 33?

Quote Originally Posted by giantcroco View Post
    can know how many room you bought? was thinking of stack 33 wonder which level can oversee CHIJ buiding and can HDB see stack 33?
    I got 2+S.

I think HDB will not see stack 33 because we try to take picture from HDB block but only blk 176 can see, but that blk will be blocked by stack 32.

To oversee CHIJ buiding, I think lvl 5 and above. To be safe, should be lvl 6.

I got 2+S.

I think HDB will not see stack 33 because we try to take picture from HDB block but only blk 176 can see, but that blk will be blocked by stack 32.

To oversee CHIJ buiding, I think lvl 5 and above. To be safe, should be lvl 6.
    Hi, you got 2+S in blk 20? May I know you got stack 35 or 39? 35 is facing the school and 39 facing the pool. Not sure which one to go for if to consider 2+S like you. No idea pool view better or facing CHIJ better. Are there any more 2+S in these stacks?

[QUOTE=Dyna;506491]Hi, you got 2+S in blk 20? May I know you got stack 35 or 39? 35 is facing the school and 39 facing the pool. Not sure which one to go for if to consider 2+S like you. No idea pool view better or facing CHIJ better. Are there any more 2+S in these stacks?[/QUOTE

Stack 35 sold out

[QUOTE=giantcroco;506494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
    Hi, you got 2+S in blk 20? May I know you got stack 35 or 39? 35 is facing the school and 39 facing the pool. Not sure which one to go for if to consider 2+S like you. No idea pool view better or facing CHIJ better. Are there any more 2+S in these stacks?[/QUOTE

Stack 35 sold out
    Ya, stack 35 is sold out. Stack 39 still have high level units only. I think stack 10 left with 1 level 2 unit. Other 2+S stacks were not released when we bought are 4 and 16. I think stack 16 is quite good, even for low lvl units, because AMK 2 is lower than blk, and the view is not blocked by the school next door, it faces open space. But we thought it will be more expensive when it releases, so we got stack 35.

Went down early this week to take a look at the development at one of the HDB flats nearby as well as to have a feel of the view. The view looks pretty good. The place is on high ground and if to get the higher floor, will have a pretty nice view of the surrounding. I think the units facing the school is good but must get higher floor ones. Maybe 6th or 7th floor above. The ones facing the landed development have the best view but I guess it will be expensive. Maybe 4th floor or above to have a nicer view.

Still considering one that is facing school or facing the landed estate. Saw in URA website that the transactions have increased in May.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice project but after study it we decided not to give up. The land size is very small we went to few blocks and see the site.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcroco View Post
    Very nice project but after study it we decided not to give up. The land size is very small we went to few blocks and see the site.
    I don't think the land size is very small if you compare to Botanique at Bartley or the coming one at Lorung Puntong. But if compare with High Park Residence, it is small.