Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Panorama

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yes, in order to cut costs and move units, and with lots of unusable space sold to buyers, but in a way cheapen the $PSF and make people think why Farrer Road become so cheapskate?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    D leedon not marble unless premium units?

Default Bedroom size

Visited showflat today, the bedroom size appears smaller than hdb with single bed only able to place against window in order to have walking space. cheap finishing with artificial timber flooring and cheap tiles in bathroom. China sourced marble flooring in living. WC in common bath obstructing standing space in front of wash basin. Maid bed placed next to washing machine. Loss of indoor GFA due to large balcony.
    Overall 3 bedroom in the showflat feels smaller than HDB BTO 4bedroom which is 90 sqm area (advantage of HDB no balcony). if higher than $1400psf, more ex than Thomson 3 and even D'Leedon low floor.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Yes, in order to cut costs and move units, and with lots of unusable space sold to buyers, but in a way cheapen the $PSF and make people think why Farrer Road become so cheapskate?
    I visited the "designer" showflat of Dleedon. I think "unusable" space is subjective.... the showflat does not feel space is wasted. Dleedon is a designer condo.

Materials wise - I agree... materials could be better, but again how to find 1400psf+ in D10.

Premium Blks has quality finishings like marble... miele equipment... video intercom etc....think it is almost sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by dleedoner View Post
    I visited the "designer" showflat of Dleedon. I think "unusable" space is subjective.... the showflat does not feel space is wasted. Dleedon is a designer condo.

Materials wise - I agree... materials could be better, but again how to find 1400psf+ in D10.

Premium Blks has quality finishings like marble... miele equipment... video intercom etc....think it is almost sold out...
    I also agree that most space in units of Dleedon is "usable" after a good renovation. But the marbles in premium units are compressed marble with old-fashioned patterns.

One unpleasant fact about Dleedon is the quantum. The amount can be easily over $2M even for a 3drm units priced at less than S$1400 psf, and it will not give one a feeling of being spacious even if the area is more than 130sqm. Especially, the toilet is very cramped and in irregular shape.

For such big quantum, I think Panorama can be sold even cheaper in terms of psf?

DLeedon is closer to City than Panaroma. Both have good schools nearby. Traffic is bad for both. Which has better rental yield? Which has more upside?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    DLeedon is closer to City than Panaroma. Both have good schools nearby. Traffic is bad for both. Which has better rental yield? Which has more upside?
    My vote goes to D Leedon , being 10mins drive to Orchard Road, Bukit Timah and Holland Village.

dleedon is $1400-$1600 only for the bigger 3bdrm and above units.
    for the 1-2 bdrms, it's closer to $1800-2000 psf.

pano win on (1) squarish layout, (2) no bay window, (3) better finishings generally (4) cheaper

dleedon win on (1) better location, (2) more common areas

i think dleedon is a very good buy if you manage to get in at $12++ psf when they panic sell Dec2012-Jan2013 or if you get a 4 bdrm 2000+ sf unit at blk 15, 10flr onwards facing GCB for around 15++psf...

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    My vote goes to D Leedon , being 10mins drive to Orchard Road, Bukit Timah and Holland Village.
    Dleedon is already a past tense, with most left are high floor, high psf units?

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    Dleedon is already a past tense, with most left are high floor, high psf units?
    Question asked was "Which has better rental yield? Which has more upside?"

Why is D Leedon a past tense? It havent even TOP. haha.

Yes, D Leedon has higher psf but does it have the potential to go even higher psf (i.e upside), my view is yes, due to the surrounding values. As for Panorama, not many comparables and already historical high. We are comparing D9 to D20?

Yes, D Leedon can potential have better rental yield due to its proximity to orchard road, holland village and bukit timah.

So if potential for higher rental yield and capital gain upside, my vote goes to D Leedon.

Question asked was "Which has better rental yield? Which has more upside?"

Why is D Leedon a past tense? It havent even TOP. haha.

Yes, D Leedon has higher psf but does it have the potential to go even higher psf (i.e upside), my view is yes, due to the surrounding values. As for Panorama, not many comparables and already historical high. We are comparing D9 to D20?

Yes, D Leedon can potential have better rental yield due to its proximity to orchard road, holland village and bukit timah.

So if potential for higher rental yield and capital gain upside, my vote goes to D Leedon.
    Surrounding Dleedon are mostly FH development. If we add on a 20% to Dleedon price, it is not cheap compared with their neighbors, right?
    My vote is: compared with its surronding FH deveopment, it will have higher rental yield. Compared with other part of the island, the rental yield of bukit Timah is never attractive.
    Upside all depend on the inflation rate. Do not foget the big quantum of Dleedon.

Surrounding Dleedon are mostly FH development. If we add on a 20% to Dleedon price, it is not cheap compared with their neighbors, right?
    My vote is: compared with its surronding FH deveopment, it will have higher rental yield. Compared with other part of the island, the rental yield of bukit Timah is never attractive.
    Upside all depend on the inflation rate. Do not foget the big quantum of Dleedon.
    So your vote is?

I believe dleedon will suffer the same fate as reflection which does not have much capital upside upon TOP unless u manage to buy at 12xxpsf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    I believe dleedon will suffer the same fate as reflection which does not have much capital upside upon TOP unless u manage to buy at 12xxpsf.
    sure, so does that mean that Panorama won't suffer the same fate selling at $1,400psf - $1,600psf? Or you think Panorama will see price increase to $2,000psf while D Leedon languish at $1,xxxpsf?

We should bring Panorama into the discussion since we are in Panorama thread discussing the comparison of the two projects.

So your vote is?
    I think you misunderstood me to some extent.
    By "past tense", I mean there is no long $1300 ~$1400 psf units in Dleedon. Most left are expensive units or super big units (my guess only).

I cannot vote because I do not know the price of Panorama yet.

if you have a maid and two school going kids, i think you need minimally a 4 rm.

even on the floor plan, the rooms look very small.

This thread seem quiet....no one intetested in this new development? Any pics of the showflat?

If really $1400 - $1600 psf, Wheelock can sloooooooooowly sell liao.

If they sell at 1500 psf it's really very expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    If really $1400 - $1600 psf, Wheelock can sloooooooooowly sell liao.
    like sky vue and sky habitat? heh.

Interesting. On the one hand, the developer bid the land high, on the other hand, buyers and agents hope the development can be sold low.

Let's wait and see the deveoper's response.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    if you have a maid and two school going kids, i think you need minimally a 4 rm.

even on the floor plan, the rooms look very small.
    have seen they stay in a 3 room

Interesting. On the one hand, the developer bid the land high, on the other hand, buyers and agents hope the development can be sold low.

Let's wait and see the deveoper's response.
    I sense your tone, but you did not see the simple perspective : it bid the land high, right at the peak of the tide, before CM. it did not launch fast enough to catch the window. Now it is normal ppl expect it to sell low to move. It has to.

And indeed developer has responded : it has reduced price for all 3 bd and belows. A standard 3bd 1000sqft is now marketed as "from 1,280,000". See, it has to go below 1300. ( maybe they read my post in this forum haha)

This thread is becoming interesting.

Dleedon vs Pan.

Dleedon is in prime D10... central location... near Orchard... MRT at doorstep. The land... the space... facilities... unmatched and unbeatable. Near numerous good schools... NYPS... HC... Nanyang Girls... RGS...

Pan is in Ang Mo Kio - prime or non prime - no and yes. It is in a matured estate. Good school - yes.. St Nicks. Convenience ... but snob appeal will never be there.

Rental Yield.
    Bukit Timah. Yield has not been great because of the quantum size. But between the 2 developments... there is increase scarcity of good size units....4 bedders at 2,000+ sq ft! If one can afford... go for it. Cos these units will become rarity in future. I read somewhere abt Blk 15 - it is almost sold if not fully sold - good units will be quickly picked by discerning buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    I sense your tone, but you did not see the simple perspective : it bid the land high, right at the peak of the tide, before CM. it did not launch fast enough to catch the window. Now it is normal ppl expect it to sell low to move. It has to.

And indeed developer has responded : it has reduced price for all 3 bd and belows. A standard 3bd 1000sqft is now marketed as "from 1,280,000". See, it has to go below 1300. ( maybe they read my post in this forum haha)
    Stack 41 3bed 2nd floor probably might go for this price as it stairs into a high almost vertical slope.

Yah most probably the low floor units will getthe below 1300psf price. However, price will increase alot as we go higher, similar to sky vue.

not just low floor, low floor with view will be higher, must be low floor and no view.

Newly released indicative prices!

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post

to some extent, your sense may be right. but I am not that complex lah.

actually, I agree that it is difficult to move the project at a price over S$1400 psf for two to three bedders, but I also think the market is not so bad for the developer to choose to lose money. Besides, It is of no use for them to sell low and fast because they cannot expect to gain more from a new land parcel with the collected money. That's why I am really interested in knowing the response of the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Stack 41 3bed 2nd floor probably might go for this price as it stairs into a high almost vertical slope.
    It could be applicable to only one or handful of units.. Starbuy units I presume..

Unhappy

I noticed that most of their 2 and 3 bedrooms units seem to have a larger balcony than the living room?