Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Panorama

how many sold liao?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Wheelock just increased the prices...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    how many sold liao?
    I guess it should still be about the 60 mark?

Wonder why they would want to increase prices in the face of slow sales?

i believe they are just selling better facing units which had higher prices originally anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie View Post
    Wonder why they would want to increase prices in the face of slow sales?

i believe they are just selling better facing units which had higher prices originally anyway.
    even for the bad facing units, the more they sell at S$1100, the more they lose.

so how many sold?

really nobody visited in the past weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    even for the bad facing units, the more they sell at S$1100, the more they lose.
    Sengkang longkang selling close to their psf.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Sengkang longkang selling close to their psf.
    Haha, Seng Kang Long Kang worse facing units going at 950psf....not 1100psf. I recall Centro going for 1200psf many years back and many self professed property guru and expert forumers shouting price tag too exorbitant and laughing at the fools who sign the OTP. Right now, the market has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    Haha, Seng Kang Long Kang worse facing units going at 950psf....not 1100psf. I recall Centro going for 1200psf many years back and many self professed property guru and expert forumers shouting price tag too exorbitant and laughing at the fools who sign the OTP. Right now, the market has spoken.
    You should understand that the market is different now... We are in a different phase of the cycle....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    You should understand that the market is different now... We are in a different phase of the cycle....
    Do help share and elaborate. Which cycle are we in now? Quite interested to know whether property prices going to crash like in the last Global Finanical Crisis (GFC).

When Centro launched during the midst of the GFC, which phase was it? 1150psf set price when everywhere going for 800++psf in surrounding areas then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    Do help share and elaborate. Which cycle are we in now? Quite interested to know whether property prices going to crash like in the last Global Finanical Crisis (GFC).

When Centro launched during the midst of the GFC, which phase was it? 1150psf set price when everywhere going for 800++psf in surrounding areas then.
    My 2 cents. We are in, or heading into, the cycle where prices decline marginally or stay flat with nil capital gains, provided there is no external shock as the later may precipitate a big correction.

Wheelock write down $110 millions for provision to land purchase here. Will it translate to cheaper price for the remaining units?

Passed by today and saw that the showflat is closed and it looks like it will be torn down. I'm just starting to know more about property stuff.. When the showflat is torn down, does it mean it will be moved elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by agentg View Post
    Wheelock write down $110 millions for provision to land purchase here. Will it translate to cheaper price for the remaining units?
    received sms from agent. price drop from about 8%

1br from 565k
    2br 820k
    2+s 905k
    3br 1.175mil

then price quoted from somewhere in this thread

The Panorama @ Ang Mo Kio
    698 Units
    1-5 Bedroom
    2BR fr $895K
    2+S fr $1265psf
    3BR fr $1.28mil
    3+S fr $1.45mil

check with your agent

just curious, those bought during vvip how? lppl?
    not vested

same for those who bought sky habitat at first launch
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie View Post
    Passed by today and saw that the showflat is closed and it looks like it will be torn down. I'm just starting to know more about property stuff.. When the showflat is torn down, does it mean it will be moved elsewhere?
    From latest URA E-service on "PRICES OF PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL UNITS SOLD BY DEVELOPERS", number of unit sold to date is 57, out of total units of project 698.
    So it's 8% selling rate.
    Wow, so low.

Default Lesson learnt

I think the lesson learnt from the slashing of prices is that we should not rush in to buy at condo previews in this day and age. The trillinq, panorama, santorini etc and even some popular condos might cut their prices dramatically to move units,

In fact for urban vista, latest transactions lodged with URA show some 800 sq feet unit sold for 1000 psf only...

Not bad leh. St Nicks next door and $1.2m for 3 bed.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    received sms from agent. price drop from about 8%

1br from 565k
    2br 820k
    2+s 905k
    3br 1.175mil

then price quoted from somewhere in this thread

The Panorama @ Ang Mo Kio
    698 Units
    1-5 Bedroom
    2BR fr $895K
    2+S fr $1265psf
    3BR fr $1.28mil
    3+S fr $1.45mil

check with your agent

just curious, those bought during vvip how? lppl?
    not vested
    Yes, saw the same new prices on this agent's FB page :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=759913704030506

THE PANORAMA By Wheelock Properties (Singapore) Limited

SUPERB NEW PRICING

1-brm : from $565k !

2-brm : from $820k !

2+Study : from $905k !

3-brm : from $1.175m !

Targeted Booking Date : 11 May 2014 (Sun)

Quote Originally Posted by Esso99 View Post
    I think the lesson learnt from the slashing of prices is that we should not rush in to buy at condo previews in this day and age. The trillinq, panorama, santorini etc and even some popular condos might cut their prices dramatically to move units,

In fact for urban vista, latest transactions lodged with URA show some 800 sq feet unit sold for 1000 psf only...
    Well said. Para 1st launch was $1400 psf. Relaunched is $1300 psf. Can fight with Commonwealth Tower? Sandwiched by 2 schools and narrow roads. 3rd launched shd be $1200psf.

Urban Vista is making the Sengkang 'longkang' units sweat.

If the discount is not deed attractive, the relaunch will be a failure too.

I think on a psf basis, the price has to come down to below $1000 psf before people start to jump in. Even than, not sure if they can have a sell out given the mood now.

i have to disagree on this. i think 10% discounts are able to attract some buyers.

i have to disagree on this. i think 10% discounts are able to attract some buyers.
    Attracting some buyers is not a problem. You did not read my statement properly.

Basically is like absorbing the ABSD. Only attractive to buyers without existing properties.

The pricing is more reasonable now.

price expectations drive behaviour more than price.

in any case, i think the 1800+ sf penthouse is the best in terms of layout. if that is around 2m, i think it is tempting for own stay.

Business Times, 7 May 2014

Wheelock to cut prices for The Panorama

Agents say prices at re-launch this Sunday could be up to 10% lower than that at initial launch
    BY LYNETTE KHOO
    [email protected] @LynetteKhooBT

Wheelock Properties's condominium project in Ang Mo Kio, The Panorama, is gearing up for a re-launch this Sunday, with agents saying that new prices could be as much as 10 per cent lower than those at the initial launch.

The re-pricing comes on the heels of earlier price cutting by its rivals to hasten sales amid mounting pressure from upcoming condo launches.

Balloting takes place on Sunday.

A one-bedder at The Panorama could start from $565,000, a two-bedder from $820,000 and a threebedder from $1,175,000, according to marketing agents of the project. These guided prices translate to $1,100-1,310 per square foot (psf), depending on the unit size. One bedroom units at The Panorama are 431-474 square feet, two bedroom units are 678-700 sq ft and three bedroom units are in the 990-1,066 sq ft range.

Bigger units at The Panorama - four-bedders, five-bedders and penthouses - do not come under this "promotion" and are made available only on request from buyers.

The Panorama showflat re-opens today with a new one-bedroom show unit after a seven-week hiatus. Poor turnouts at the showflat after the first couple of weeks prompted the developer to temporarily close the showflat in mid-March for a revamp - barely three months from its January launch.

Some 58 units of the 698-unit project were moved in January at prices ranging from $1,234 psf to $1,591 psf, with a median price of $1,343 psf.

Another four units were sold subsequently, with the last median
    price at $1,457 psf in March.

Also in District 20, CapitaLand relaunched its Bishan project, Sky Habitat, two weeks ago at lower prices of between $1,276 and $1,590 psf - around 10-15 per cent below the initial price range when it was launched two years ago. The tactical move apparently worked - more than 100 units have been sold since the relaunch.

CapitaLand is also dangling a 15 per cent discount for a key District 10 project, D'Leedon at Farrer Road, which is due to receive its temporary occupation permit (TOP) by year-end but has about 700 unsold units
    remaining. The one-bed plus study units start from $1.3 million, while a three-bedder starts from $2.2 million.

Tepid sales at The Panorama have prompted Wheelock to make a $110 million provision for the project, which pushed the group deeper in the red with a loss of $91.3 million for its fiscal fourth quarter ended Dec 31, 2013, compared with a $30.8 million loss a year ago. For the full year, however, Wheelock posted a profit of $40 million, down nearly 37 per cent from the previous year.

this wheelock is amazing.
    want to cut price, just cut and push lah.
    no, it doesn't really cut anything. It now just gives yet another "indicative" price range and ask ppl to submit cheque. want to see how many cheques collected then decide on 23 May how much it really wants to cut.
    like that ppl will also react accordingly what. your price is not final, I can still wait some more, or even offer lowball to you.
    see how CAPL cuts price: decisive numbers on the spot then and there, immediate ballot over weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    this wheelock is amazing.
    want to cut price, just cut and push lah.
    no, it doesn't really cut anything. It now just gives yet another "indicative" price range and ask ppl to submit cheque. want to see how many cheques collected then decide on 23 May how much it really wants to cut.
    like that ppl will also react accordingly what. your price is not final, I can still wait some more, or even offer lowball to you.
    see how CAPL cuts price: decisive numbers on the spot then and there, immediate ballot over weekend.
    wow! like that can!

they may have bidded the land at too high cost, and not willing to cut price.

Smile

According to the info I received the new pricing are :

1-brm : from $565k !
    2-brm : from $820k !
    2+Study : from $905k !
    3-brm : from $1.175m !

Thanks