Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why property price is still holding??

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    u see huh, as buyers we do not nid to succumb to the nonsense from developers. in fact, TDSR help developers to wake up from their mentality tat buyers will always the suckers for ridiculous bids.

some developers may still choose to bid high. it's their business, their choice; there is always better launches for buyers to consider & compare.
    one gd example now is Sky Vue vs The Glades. Selling at similar psf, both near mrt. Take yr pick.
    these are different issues. even with the launch of sky vue, is capitaland dropping their asking price for sky habitat? no and hence, sky habitat still forms the ceiling of asking prices in the vicinity.

Just my opinion...

the day when u see coe price crashing down.. maybe is the day ppty price will even drop slowly...

Car= luxury item.. if pp still flock to the showrooms and putting down their spare cash to buy cars.. i dun see why these pp cannot tahan their prized ppty investments...

Property Price is now holding because developers are trying to hold it.. It is not so much about restricting the loan of buyers that will control the property price. It is restricting the loan to developer that will control the property price. Once the developer is unable to get hold of loans, you can see property price tumbling down like no tomorrow

Apart from developer bidding price on land, it's the buyers who determines the market direction.
    Buyer funding of ppty mainly from loan n disposal of ppty, these 2 r link to COV n bank IPA amount a buyer can fund their next purchase.

I have seen comments for property price to drop or crash since 2003. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    I have seen comments for property price to drop or crash since 2003. LOL
    2008 Lehman crisis not a drop then what?

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    Property Price is now holding because developers are trying to hold it.. It is not so much about restricting the loan of buyers that will control the property price.
    it is all in a cycle. if buyers cannot get a loan, regardless of how fantastic yr project is, volume will drop.
    when supply > demand & there is intense competition across projects, prices will definitely face pressure & moderately accordingly to the forces of market. It is not a matter of who wan to hold/control the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    these are different issues. even with the launch of sky vue, is capitaland dropping their asking price for sky habitat? no and hence, sky habitat still forms the ceiling of asking prices in the vicinity.
    If developers reduce the $ of SH substantially, they hv to consider the detrimental effects to their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    Price did not drop much even in lehman brother crisis that is so bad that took the world down. Even bought property in 2005, price did not even drop to that level. In those days cooling measures were rare or none and price did not drop much even during the worst 2008 crisis.
    Now with cm7 or cm8, cm until i also blur, it will need a bigger than lehman brother or US mortgage crisis to take it down by 30%.

No doubt that especially Pte Prop price can hold firm cause by lots of readily HDB upgraders either waiting MOP expiry or sell off their current HDB. Condo living aspiration nowadays is became norm for some illegible.

Cool

Price did not drop much even in lehman brother crisis that is so bad that took the world down. Even bought property in 2005, price did not even drop to that level. In those days cooling measures were rare or none and price did not drop much even during the worst 2008 crisis.
    Now with cm7 or cm8, cm until i also blur, it will need a bigger than lehman brother or US mortgage crisis to take it down by 30%.
    One reason could be the 1 million imports

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post

Now with so many cooling measures,
    it is even harder for PRICE TO DROP hehehehe

I wonder how it felt like to the investors who are facing their money stucked in illiquid properties, say for 30 years?

Assuming now prices already peaked, and with higher risks of prices moving down. whatelse? try making up the differences with rental income?

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp View Post
    I agree. More for owner occupier now
    The govt has weed out most of the speculative investor.
    The CM is in place to prevent the specu bubble.
    if the influx slow down or stop,
    then prices will really correct/collapse
    Agree with this thought too.

There's still demand from owner occupy units. CMs are here to stabilise price. Even if there's a dip in a the next few yrs or so, it wont go down much before shooting up again.

Prices did drop drastically in '98 Financial Crisis and Sin govt were not that prepared to handle that and the property index barely recovered to '96 peak even after more than 10 years.

When prices drop in 2008 Lehman Bank crisis, the govt seems to be all ready in the way they roll out the stimulus to support the economy. The prices recovered rather quickly, index recovered in less than 2 years, largely due to the support from HDB housing which I believe has been the fiscal tool to control the property market then. The rise in prop prices since '09 were largely allowed in order to stimulate the economy which can be seen to reflect good governance politically. However, the fear of runaway prices sank in when effect of the QEs speculating on assets here were felt. The CMs were initially targeted at Speculation then Foreign buyers/funds and eventually local investors and why is that so? because they are not going to let prop prices go up significantly anymore

Office Boy got the same comment to make ...

If you have been to the showflats, you will know why prices are not going to go down anytime soon.

You will also know why cooling measures are required.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Office Boy got the same comment to make ...

If you have been to the showflats, you will know why prices are not going to go down anytime soon.

You will also know why cooling measures are required.

DKSG
    how about the resale market? have noticed some units selling below valuation now..

would the tdsr hit the resale market first as it's a double whammy with the absd slapped on it? at least developers can hit back with discounts to compensate absd. a few units I've been following have dropped prices. do a check, you'll be surprised.

Yes, resale has been hit more I think. Most still tend towards new houses witht he current high prices.

For myself, I prefer resale due to the space. New houses are simply too small and cramp for my liking these days.

QE tapering is not coming so soon as annouced by Fed last night. More property sales this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by invigorated View Post
    how about the resale market? have noticed some units selling below valuation now..

would the tdsr hit the resale market first as it's a double whammy with the absd slapped on it? at least developers can hit back with discounts to compensate absd. a few units I've been following have dropped prices. do a check, you'll be surprised.
    There are also some resales units asking for more than 5% than the last transaction. If you do not believe, check Heritage View and the anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisor View Post
    ..... The CMs were initially targeted at Speculation then Foreign buyers/funds and eventually local investors and why is that so? because they are not going to let prop prices go up significantly anymore
    You are right. This is the same message I get when I dissect the CM and study carefully. It only means that no more earning lucrative returns by flipping in properties here anymore.

Just look at the SSD, can you buy and then sell a year later ? No

Can you buy an uncompleted project and do subsales like before ? No

Can you borrow to tide on the ups and downs cycle ? No

If you have only one residential property, can you buy another investment unit? No unless you pay ABSD

What does all these mean and what is the message ?

Ans: It is very clear that all the CMs are targetted at the investment vehicles of investors like me, so no more earning big bucks from property. I am now going to open a shop in CCR and sell garan-guni stuffs until they remove the CMs- if they ever, that is.

Good Luck.

It is also very obvious that FED is watching this forum. You can see how they try to counter all my postings. I said Summers next chair, Summers resigned. I said no QE, they say more QE. I say likely Syria battle, they say no battle.

Indeed I am the most feared Illuminati of this century.

Good Luck on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader View Post
    You are right. This is the same message I get when I dissect the CM and study carefully. It only means that no more earning lucrative returns by flipping in properties here anymore.

If you have only one residential property, can you buy another investment unit? No unless you pay ABSD

Ans: It is very clear that all the CMs are targetted at the investment vehicles of investors like me, so no more earning big bucks from property. I am now going to open a shop in CCR and sell garan-guni stuffs until they remove the CMs- if they ever, that is.

Good Luck.
    If this is indeed the objective. I see more CMs coming in other forms if the prices continue upwards.

Good luck, carry on shouting Rocket. See how you sabotage yourselves later.

People are rushing to buy cars now.

Good Luck.

If I the greatest ILLUMINATI borrows money from you, I would really hope you will be in big trouble.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    People are rushing to buy cars now.
    Yes indeed. The mortals are indeed stupid. They buy cars not because of convenience, but more to show off. The transport here already so well developed, why spend money on cars? Unless of course, they are saying they are as rich as me.

Especially property agents who show off their BMW 5 series to me, not knowing I have one lambo and one Bentley at home.

Good Luck.

Imagine if the whole forum followed me to shout CRASH. We would not be in this situation now, would we. Now it is all too late liao. Just like USA, borrow too much liao...no return liao... keep on pumping and pumping and pumping and you got an even BIGGER BUBBLE. A slowly inflating bubble is worse than a one shot bubble.

Yes indeed. The mortals are indeed stupid. They buy cars not because of convenience, but more to show off. The transport here already so well developed, why spend money on cars? Unless of course, they are saying they are as rich as me.

Especially property agents who show off their BMW 5 series to me, not knowing I have one lambo and one Bentley at home.

Good Luck.
    aren't u equally as eager to show off as those who r not as rich?
    who says tat less rich cannot haolian?

If I the greatest ILLUMINATI borrows money from you, I would really hope you will be in big trouble.

Good Luck.
    How so?

So you will end up borrowing money from me instead.

GET IT ? DRILL THIS INTO YOUR TINY BRAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    aren't u equally as eager to show off as those who r not as rich?
    who says tat less rich cannot haolian?
    You got it wrong liao as usual. You ask your car dealer friends who are bosses then see what you can conclude.

Good Luck.

You see, my business networks span far and wide. From factories, to landlords, to retailers to shops owners and what have you.