Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why property price is still holding??

Quote Originally Posted by invigorated View Post
    how about the resale market? have noticed some units selling below valuation now..

would the tdsr hit the resale market first as it's a double whammy with the absd slapped on it? at least developers can hit back with discounts to compensate absd. a few units I've been following have dropped prices. do a check, you'll be surprised.
    previously, biggest beauty of BUC compared to resale is that you have time to wait out the 4 yrs SSD. of coz with 7% ABSD now here, even that category of investors have been weeded out.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    中殃淫行

Yellenomics
    Abenomics
    华而奸!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    previously, biggest beauty of BUC compared to resale is that you have time to wait out the 4 yrs SSD. of coz with 7% ABSD now here, even that category of investors have been weeded out.
    Bro, the beauty of ABSD is - there is hope for people to upgrade to PRIVATE....

Can you imagine if they remove ABSD, how many here in this forum will start buying private again?????????

Of course, this people can "give" to the kids in the future, right???? But what about those who do not have "rich" folks... They will be priced out of the game rite?????

I personally feel the govt is doing the right thing taking care of the younger generation and allowing them a chance and hope to buy a private....

Picture yourself as a 20+ working and the prices (without AbSD) sky rocket and out of reach for you in the future.... And you see a few of your friends have "rich" folks who bot private for them... How would you feel....????

We need to care for others as well rite??? If not all the bright future generation will just pack up and leave....

Cheers bro....

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    A Comment from Business insider:

Only one thing needs to happen on Sep 18, 10:24 PM said:
    Hell will have to freeze over before you ever see any tapering whatsoever.

What people don't realize is the FEd has lost all credibility and all control, and now has to continue QE to the very end - that is, all the way until our currency collapses and some new currency is issued.

I know that no one will believe this and many haters will criticize this, but those people don't understand math, and exponential debt growth, and how even 100% taxation cannot over come the debt growth and government's promises.

This is call '' Printing all lives to Hell''

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post

Can you imagine if they remove ABSD, how many here in this forum will start buying private again?????????
    bro, i never see buying a bigger house (by selling the smaller house) an upgrade... you only upgrade in style but in reality your wallet becomes smaller. i am fortunate to be able to buy a 2nd house, but if i had not been, i would rather stay put in my nice 4-rm hdb flat, than to pay my nose off servicing the loan on a pte condo. anyway that's just me lah.

but objectively speaking, agree that this levels the playing field for more pple.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    bro, i never see buying a bigger house (by selling the smaller house) an upgrade... you only upgrade in style but in reality your wallet becomes smaller. i am fortunate to be able to buy a 2nd house, but if i had not been, i would rather stay put in my nice 4-rm hdb flat, than to pay my nose off servicing the loan on a pte condo. anyway that's just me lah.

but objectively speaking, agree that this levels the playing field for more pple.
    Bro, you are the WISE one.... Spend below your means and retirement becomes a reality and easier....

If everyone like you.... No more upgrade leh....

Look at the number of bmw, merc, etc..... Many want for show leh.... Thats the aspiration....

Bro, you are the WISE one.... Spend below your means and retirement becomes a reality and easier....

Look at the number of bmw, merc, etc..... Many want for show leh.... Thats the aspiration....

Retirement is really a very nice stage of life ...
    The earlier you reach this stage, the nicer life is.
    There are some caveats (T&Cs) though.
    Eg. You must realize that money is not everything.

Wishing everyone in this forum retire early and lead a happy and interesting life !

DKSG

Of course, this people can "give" to the kids in the future, right???? But what about those who do not have "rich" folks... They will be priced out of the game rite?????

I personally feel the govt is doing the right thing taking care of the younger generation and allowing them a chance and hope to buy a private....

Picture yourself as a 20+ working and the prices (without AbSD) sky rocket and out of reach for you in the future.... And you see a few of your friends have "rich" folks who bot private for them... How would you feel....????

We need to care for others as well rite??? If not all the bright future generation will just pack up and leave....

Cheers bro....
    hah hah.. u say give chance to upgrade. pple will kpkb say wat upgrade.? upgrade is provided I pay same price get private home that is bigger then is call a upgrade?!

pay more n still smaller size!! its a downgrade.. ABSD is not helping ah!!!!

people want ah kong give everyone a private at cheap cheap cost!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post

Wishing everyone in this forum retire early and lead a happy and interesting life !

DKSG
    its a state of mind.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    hah hah.. u say give chance to upgrade. pple will kpkb say wat upgrade.? upgrade is provided I pay same price get private home that is bigger then is call a upgrade?!

pay more n still smaller size!! its a downgrade.. ABSD is not helping ah!!!!

people want ah kong give everyone a private at cheap cheap cost!
    In every society, there will be people kpkb one. Which society got no noise?
    It is very difficult for the government to tell people that "sorry folks, you didnt make it to the top xx% of the society, suck it in man!" right ?

So they can only provide a hope.

What we need to understand is how these aspirations drive property prices, study the demand and supply, understand the ground feel, and hopefully can make some pocket money from these.

Hmmm ... dont say also forgot, today Bosses not around - offsite meeting - I can go visit some showflats after lunch !!!

DKSG

DKSG
    Bro, very NICE of you.....

When we all make money, we MUST think of others..... I FULLY AGREE with you...

Its not always about the money....

Cheers bro

Money is not everything but everything is money.
    Govt has already given them EC as hope which is enough already.

DKSG
    bro, pple to make it to this forum and stay here for a period reading the posts... are already different from those out there paying 200k or 250k for the bmw and merc and trying to cough out instalment every month.

i believe most of us will retire early, at least, earlier than equivalant peers..

huat ah!

bro, many pple here are WISER than me, i am still learning. i drive cheap 7 yr old jap car, no need nice 200k bmw or merc. all this become ash after 10 years. no point lah. but if everyone like me, economy also no multiplier effect.

anyway i see you are very free again.. target hit for the year? beginning of year you disappear, end of year appear again. anyway i also break my own record, between july and sep 2 months never log in at all. now i am back with vengeance!

Last week, I was talking to my agent.

Was telling him I'm looking for a nice investment property (He was nodding & supporting the idea) & I would rather put my extra cash on a property than a car which has no value in 10 years. Suddenly his face turn blank & he turned towards the window... Outside the window, is his fancy Audi Q7.

Quote Originally Posted by CSR999 View Post
    Last week, I was talking to my agent.

Was telling him I'm looking for a nice investment property (He was nodding & supporting the idea) & I would rather put my extra cash on a property than a car which has no value in 10 years. Suddenly his face turn blank & he turned towards the window... Outside the window, is his fancy Audi Q7.
    He shouldn't turn blank, he should be happy that his Audi's money came from his clients like you. He should be overjoy that another potential carrot head to be knocked and upgrade his car some more.

you didnt get the essence of the post. and i dont wish or get into personal attacks like you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    his Audi's money came from his clients like you.
    Though it may be correct, your statement is wrong. He earned that money & was not gifted. Assuming the same logic, those salaried employees are getting their money from their boss & company services. No difference.

He shouldn't turn blank
    My post isnt sarcastic, rather about the reality. After I said that, he suddenly became conscious & retrospective.

He should be overjoy that another potential carrot head to be knocked and upgrade his car some more.
    Good for him. Worked hard, earned more money, spent more.

4. I greatly understand the need of a car in such profession & it is almost a MUST for them to have a car. But from his reaction, I could see he has second thoughts & he felt he shouldnt have stretched himself to own a bigger car & didnt feel at home with that investment.

So, I posted that as I could relate to the discussions above, had this similar experience just recently.

Have a nice day.

Time and time again, when there are more people shouting crash, it will actually rise. Only when people are shouting rise, then it will actually crash.

I'm invested with two properties and thinking about the third. I won't be selling any due to the existing cooling measures. The strategy is to do nothing and watch the show for now. 2015/2016 is a interesting time and perhaps bargains is available. Even if price are increasing gradually, I will be better positioned financially to buy the third.

Warren Buffett - "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful"

Am very grateful that I was given the opportunity to participate in purchasing properties.

hope that all, would be given the same opportunity to own their properties

life is good in singapore

Quote Originally Posted by CSR999 View Post
    you didnt get the essence of the post. and i dont wish or get into personal attacks like you.

Though it may be correct, your statement is wrong. He earned that money & was not gifted. Assuming the same logic, those salaried employees are getting their money from their boss & company services. No difference.

My post isnt sarcastic, rather about the reality. After I said that, he suddenly became conscious & retrospective.

Good for him. Worked hard, earned more money, spent more.

4. I greatly understand the need of a car in such profession & it is almost a MUST for them to have a car. But from his reaction, I could see he has second thoughts & he felt he shouldnt have stretched himself to own a bigger car & didnt feel at home with that investment.

So, I posted that as I could relate to the discussions above, had this similar experience just recently.

Have a nice day.
    Nevermind you didn't get the joke. Relax today is friday.
    The first time I went to showroom I was amazed when I parked my car. Woh! So many luxury cars, jaguar, BMs, etc. I thought business must be good, many rich buyers visit the showroom. Was surprised when going back, a group of agents, still wearing their pass, driving off maybe for lunch in those cars.

one more point is if this agent suddenly realized that house a better investment than his car, is he ready to give you good advise on property investment.

Nevermind you didn't get the joke. Relax today is friday.
    The first time I went to showroom I was amazed when I parked my car. Woh! So many luxury cars, jaguar, BMs, etc. I thought business must be good, many rich buyers visit the showroom. Was surprised when going back, a group of agents, still wearing their pass, driving off maybe for lunch in those cars.

one more point is if this agent suddenly realized that house a better investment than his car, is he ready to give you good advise on property investment.

dont have to judge by the cars. could be leaseing leh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    dont have to judge by the cars. could be leaseing leh.
    Sorry, I don't even bother what car the agent drives when I engage a agent.

I never said he should have put the money on property instead of on a car.

A car is a must for him in his profession. But how much & what car to buy is a choice. Maybe retrospectively, he might feel, didnt really need a fancy car for his needs.

But, that doesnt mean he has enough to invest on a property or maybe he already has invested on few.

My point is: There is a need level (bare minimum comfort) & then, There is a pleasure/comfort level on top of that(sky is the upper limit for that).

Unfortunately, everyone has only one life, so even if our needs are met, we wont be satisfied that & stop at the need level. Thats the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    Goldman Pushes Back Forecast On First Taper To December, First Rate Hike To 2016: FOMC Q&A

=> SIBOR 0.4% until 2016
    good what why u ...u money lender ahhh
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...