Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venue Residences / Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by nickq View Post
    the location is really bad. sandwiched by one expressway and one major road. Think fengshui will be quite bad?
    i hate the messy junction outside this development, a stone throw away.

cant imagine staying right in front of it unless u choose the unit facing inside, not the big roads pls.

Prospective buyers should look at units facing the landed. Less noise and no afternoon sun.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    i hate the messy junction outside this development, a stone throw away.

cant imagine staying right in front of it unless u choose the unit facing inside, not the big roads pls.
    yea the junction is bad. very noisy and no doubt dusty.

i think eight riversuites is better. yes there are 2 big roads, but way better than a junction of 2 big roads and the PIE! nearer to city too.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

visited the showroom today. decent size crowd but definitely not overwhelming like sky vue. was impressed by the layout which is well thought out with minimal wasted space. reminded me of sennett residence which has a similarly generous layout. bedroom sizes are decent and can fit in queen size bed while the living room size is also pretty comfortable.

also noted the 6 "landed" 2 bedder units which are abt 106sqm. interesting concept but overall quantum quite steep at 1.5m plus. wonder whether these will be the first to go?

anyone considering getting a unit there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sendall View Post
    visited the showroom today. decent size crowd but definitely not overwhelming like sky vue. was impressed by the layout which is well thought out with minimal wasted space. reminded me of sennett residence which has a similarly generous layout. bedroom sizes are decent and can fit in queen size bed while the living room size is also pretty comfortable.

also noted the 6 "landed" 2 bedder units which are abt 106sqm. interesting concept but overall quantum quite steep at 1.5m plus. wonder whether these will be the first to go?

anyone considering getting a unit there?
    Hi... how about the finishing? Marble or homogenous tiles?

The 3 developments, Sennett Residences, Sant Ritz and The Venue are launched at different times within a year; but all are sold at approx. 1450psf.

On hindsight, which would you buy? especially for buyers of Sennett & Sant Ritz who could have thought that the CDL project is likely to be above $1.6K psf based on its highest tender price for the land.

Hence, would The Venue be the "best" buy since it is a mixed development at around the same price?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
    Hi... how about the finishing? Marble or homogenous tiles?
    =the finishing for The Venue is Marble. Sennett is also Marble. Only Sant Ritz is homogenous. Sant Ritz finishing is pretty lousy. Sennett and The Venue finishing is comparable but I prefer The Sennett floor plan for 2bedder and the spot site.

Quote Originally Posted by visionary75 View Post
    The 3 developments, Sennett Residences, Sant Ritz and The Venue are launched at different times within a year; but all are sold at approx. 1450psf.

On hindsight, which would you buy? especially for buyers of Sennett & Sant Ritz who could have thought that the CDL project is likely to be above $1.6K psf based on its highest tender price for the land.

Hence, would The Venue be the "best" buy since it is a mixed development at around the same price?
    i have been pondering over the same thing. it's a close call between Sennett Residence and the Venue.

Sennett Residence - nice name with the best location. layout is very good and generally very liveable. plot size is the largest although it also has the largest no of units at 332. has a 50m lap pool plus a proven developer in tuan sing. downside is that carparks are not 1 to 1 to no of units. however was thinking that this might not be an issue given the no of 1 bedder units. also the top date of nov 2017 is too long compared to Venue ( sep 2017 although just launched) and sant ritz (launched later but top in 2016)

The Venue - the mixed development concept is a draw. however it will not be managed by CDL so a bit of a dampener there. 23 out of 28 shops will be f&b so will definitely not go hungry but would prefer a more even mix with other retail shops. gd pt is that no pubs + ktv are allowed. layout is on par with sennett which makes it very liveable as well but the location is inferior given the close proximity to the junction and the PIE flyover. so important to choose the inner stacks which faces sennett estate or sant ritz. also i get the impression that it will be slightly more expensive than sennett residence?

As for Sant Ritz, not in my consideration cos it's neither here nor there. layout is not as good as the other two. Plus i'm not familiar with the developer so not sure of its track record. went once to the showroom which was quite cramped unlike the other 2 which was spacious and more welcoming. finishing also not as good

conclusion: toss up between the 2 but the better location of sennett residence wins it for me. it's likely to be quieter than Venue and is farther away from the junction plus flyover. can also benefit from shops situated at Venue w/o the possible noise and smell(?)

Good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendall View Post
    i have been pondering over the same thing. it's a close call between Sennett Residence and the Venue.

Sennett Residence - nice name with the best location. layout is very good and generally very liveable. plot size is the largest although it also has the largest no of units at 332. has a 50m lap pool plus a proven developer in tuan sing. downside is that carparks are not 1 to 1 to no of units. however was thinking that this might not be an issue given the no of 1 bedder units. also the top date of nov 2017 is too long compared to Venue ( sep 2017 although just launched) and sant ritz (launched later but top in 2016)

The Venue - the mixed development concept is a draw. however it will not be managed by CDL so a bit of a dampener there. 23 out of 28 shops will be f&b so will definitely not go hungry but would prefer a more even mix with other retail shops. gd pt is that no pubs + ktv are allowed. layout is on par with sennett which makes it very liveable as well but the location is inferior given the close proximity to the junction and the PIE flyover. so important to choose the inner stacks which faces sennett estate or sant ritz. also i get the impression that it will be slightly more expensive than sennett residence?

As for Sant Ritz, not in my consideration cos it's neither here nor there. layout is not as good as the other two. Plus i'm not familiar with the developer so not sure of its track record. went once to the showroom which was quite cramped unlike the other 2 which was spacious and more welcoming. finishing also not as good

conclusion: toss up between the 2 but the better location of sennett residence wins it for me. it's likely to be quieter than Venue and is farther away from the junction plus flyover. can also benefit from shops situated at Venue w/o the possible noise and smell(?)

I am most attracted to this 2BR layout. The finishing for Venue is great. Unfortunately the commercial part is kinda disappointing, with only 28 shops... was hoping for a bigger mall with a supermarket. Afterall, the MacPherson Road market (the future Jackson Food Centre) was once a very busy and popular hangout with shoppers in the 60s.

Source: http://remembersingapore.wordpress.c...awker-centres/