Thread: Meyer/Amber vs Novena vs Keppel

Default Meyer/Amber vs Novena vs Keppel

hi everyone.
    ok im not sure where i should put this thread but decided to put it here cos im more familiar with D15. Just wondering, in terms of property location, how do you think meyer/amber compares with novena and keppel? I have chosen novena and keppel because they are also rather prestigious localities outside of D9/10/11. Pls let me know your views and why.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    hi everyone.
    ok im not sure where i should put this thread but decided to put it here cos im more familiar with D15. Just wondering, in terms of property location, how do you think meyer/amber compares with novena and keppel? I have chosen novena and keppel because they are also rather prestigious localities outside of D9/10/11. Pls let me know your views and why.
    Aee there more landed in meyer/amber or novena or keppel. U will have yr answer

TS...is it for ownstay or investment?

Ownstay - then it is up to you. Whichever is convenient in terms of work and education, you choose.

Investment- you have to see which project you are looking at and what is the yield.
    You may like to refer to this website for the rental of the project you are looking at.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/

I would go for Keppel ...

reasons :

I hate crowd, Amber/Meyer/Novena ..too many condos ... too many cars ...

I love greenery ...

Keppel is vivo or spottiswoode?

very diff environment I guess... Amber gives me a more homely and cosy feel.. with family oriented amenities nearby... Lots of wonderful eateries along east coast road, with shopping malls such as parkway parade and i12, and also get to enjoy HDB-priced amenities at marine parade centre... And not forgetting the beach where u can stroll, jog, cycle and chill out..

As for novena, I am very dreadful of the balestier road jams... But those projects nearer to the soleil side are quieter and have a nice environment ... Supported by square 2, velocity and united square.

Keppel... .. I am equally dreadful of the jams outside vivocity... But the views are fantastic

For me, Novena, then Amber / Meyer, then Keppel. Novena's proximity to Orchard will always make it sought after, and Amber / Meyer offers a certain lifestyle (food and sea), whereas Keppel is newer and hasn't yet establish itself. It's like a young upstart. As for traffic, all three are quite bad. Keppel during peak hours can be an absolute nightmare.

also for own stay also depends u have kids. do u need pre school or primary or sec.

Amber / Meyer stretch and further up east have many choice.

kepple lack schooling facilities.

While novena area have many enrichment schools. But I find it too much of a concrete jungle. Lack of parks.

So for own stay my preference is still amber / meyer stretch more family oriented with schools and parks.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

For own stay and long term, I prefer Meyer too.

Keppel for me... personal preference for Southern ridges and greenery.

I chose Keppel where Vivo is since its a one stop comprehensive shopping and entertainment for me and school have radin mas primary - jam is an absolute nightmare but hope with the underground road done up for traffic to Sentosa a few years time that traffic will ease and Keppel commercial hub could take place once the PSA area there vacates in time to come

Smile

I owned and stayed in 2 localities i.e. Keppel and Meyer before. Used to stay at Caribbean at Keppel Bay in early 2006/2007. Personally, its a nice place and if u got a unit facing the Sentosa and the Ferry Terminal its beautiful. However there is a setback. The sea is deep sea and there is no beach - u cant stroll along the beach or swim or put yr legs in the water unlike the beach at east coast in front of Meyer/Amber. You also cant cycle or do water sports activities at Keppel.

In addition, the units at Keppel are 99-year leasehold and its overcrowded whereas Meyer, especially, is more green and more relaxed for family stay. Meyer/Amber are freehold properties. In addition, if you own units near Amber, your access to shopping, food etc are within walking distance.

I believe in the long run, investors will benefit more in Amber/Meyer, cause there are plenty of future development plans here for eg. ERL mrt line, future 3rd IR plan, future MCE, etc etc whereas for Keppel, everything has already been priced in.

As for Novena, I dont really have much liking for that area because of its proximity to Balestier and the fact that it is always congested and crowded. I would prefer D9 where i am presently owning a unit near to River Valley side where it is more upmarket and quieter, with at least a little bit of green and good quality shopping.
    Last edited by Shawn; 24-09-13 at 15:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I owned and stayed in both localities before. Used to stay at Caribbean at Keppel Bay in early 2006/2007. Personally, its a nice place and if u got a unit facing the Sentosa and the Ferry Terminal its beautiful. However there is a setback. The sea is deep sea and there is no beach - u cant stroll along the beach or swim or put yr legs in the water unlike the beach at east coast in front of Meyer/Amber. You also cant cycle or do water sports activities at Keppel.

In addition, the units at Keppel are 99-year leasehold and its overcrowded whereas Meyer, especially, is more green and more relaxed for family stay. Meyer/Amber are freehold properties. In addition, if you own units near Amber, your access to shopping, food etc are within walking distance.

I believe in the long run, investors will benefit more in Amber/Meyer, cause there are plenty of future development plans here for eg. ERL mrt line, future 3rd IR plan, future MCE, etc etc whereas for Keppel, everything has already been priced in.
    Like I said shawn, dont speculate you things you that you cant back up. This is property, not snake oil. Future 3rd IR Plan?

If you wish to know what the future holds, perhaps you could read this.

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...eople/a/106158
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Like I said shawn, dont speculate you things you that you cant back up. This is property, not snake oil. Future 3rd IR Plan?

If you wish to know what the future holds, perhaps you could read this.

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...eople/a/106158
    Well u can continue with your Jurong dream story....stop bothering me. I already snap u out of my mind. So i better dont waste my time downgrading myself by answering to your post. All the luck to u.

Well u can continue with your Jurong dream story....stop bothering me. I already snap u out of my mind. So i better dont waste my time downgrading myself by answering to your post. All the luck to u.
    you should perhaps snap yourself out of the snakeoil seller's mind and sell on facts rather than wild speculation.

3rd IR plan? From who? Your snake oil buddy?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Yes I think you 2 should stop all the bickering. Its getting annoying to all the other fellow forummers who have to deal with page after page of practically nothing but nonsense.

Back to topic: I wont give my opinions on the individual locations because i think ill be biased towards meyer/amber where ive spent all my life. similarly, i do not know novena or keppel well at all.
    But based on prestige, how would these 3 places rank?
    Base on price (Currently), which is the most expensive?
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Yes I think you 2 should stop all the bickering. Its getting annoying to all the other fellow forummers who have to deal with page after page of practically nothing but nonsense.

Back to topic: I wont give my opinions on the individual locations because i think ill be biased towards meyer/amber where ive spent all my life. similarly, i do not know novena or keppel well at all.
    Sorry Clemdale i am not spouting nonsense but this guy Ringo is annoying and spewing nonsense. What I given u is based on my facts that I have. U can not believe me up to u.

Sorry Clemdale i am not spouting nonsense but this guy Ringo is annoying and spewing nonsense. What I given u is based on my facts that I have. U can not believe me up to u.
    you can start by backing up your claim about the 3rd IR.

Back to topic:
    In my opinion, traffic wise Meyer is FAR better than Keppel and Novena. Anyone who claims that traffic is a problem is not familiar with the area. I live in Amber, used to work in Keppel area and had kids go tuition in Novena. If you live in Amber, getting in and out through the Tanjong Katong side is easy, but entering East Coast road on the weekend is a nightmare. If you know the area, getting in and out is a breeze anytime. Just walk to Joo Chiat, East Coast Road or Parkway Parade.

Keppel area has Kent Ridge/Telok Blangah/Faber which is nicer than East Coast Park, but East Coast Park is much easer to get to. I had some expats colleagues staying at Reflections at Keppel Bay, and they moved out quickly as it was just too inconvenient with small kids (they moved to Novena).

Novena I don't see the point personally. Cramped and for my too few amenities. From this perspective Meyer is spacious with no amenities.

your expat colleagues so quickly got it hence move to Novena, but many here still don't get it!
    Many confuse Belestier & thought that place is in Novena, just because developers want to sell Belestier condos at Novena price & agents trying to mislead people to pay Novena price!

Quote Originally Posted by NdB View Post
    Back to topic:
    In my opinion, traffic wise Meyer is FAR better than Keppel and Novena. Anyone who claims that traffic is a problem is not familiar with the area. I live in Amber, used to work in Keppel area and had kids go tuition in Novena. If you live in Amber, getting in and out through the Tanjong Katong side is easy, but entering East Coast road on the weekend is a nightmare. If you know the area, getting in and out is a breeze anytime. Just walk to Joo Chiat, East Coast Road or Parkway Parade.

Keppel area has Kent Ridge/Telok Blangah/Faber which is nicer than East Coast Park, but East Coast Park is much easer to get to. I had some expats colleagues staying at Reflections at Keppel Bay, and they moved out quickly as it was just too inconvenient with small kids (they moved to Novena).

Novena I don't see the point personally. Cramped and for my too few amenities. From this perspective Meyer is spacious with no amenities.

your colleagues very compact le. stay in reflections together, move out of reflections together, stay in novena together.
    how your colleagues moved out quickly? got 1 yr lease, 2 yr lease.
    I think reflections TOP less than 2 years ago.

if want to lie,at least lie smarter.
    Last edited by hopeful; 24-09-13 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    your colleagues very compact le. stay in reflections together, move out of reflections together, stay in novena together.
    how your colleagues moved out quickly? got 1 yr lease, 2 yr lease.
    I think reflections TOP less than 2 years ago.

if want to lie,at least lie smarter.
    Moved in November 2012 on a 3 month short term lease. Then moved to Balmoral road on a 2 year lease. After that they will return to Europe.

If you claim that people lie, please have some hard facts other than fact that you did not like/agree with the posting.

Moved in November 2012 on a 3 month short term lease. Then moved to Balmoral road on a 2 year lease. After that they will return to Europe.

If you claim that people lie, please have some hard facts other than fact that you did not like/agree with the posting.
    isnt such short term lease illegal?

your colleagues very very compact.
    more than 1 colleagues go on a 3 month short term lease.
    more than 1 colleagues find it convenience to send kids to school.
    more than 1 colleagues move to Balmoral road on a 2 year lease.

i also have similar story to tell.
    i also have many colleagues also compact. stay in reflections on a 1 month short lease. find it inconvenient to send kids to school. then moved to balmoral road on a 1 month short lease. find it also inconvenient to send kids to school. till now, they keep on shifting condos because find they it inconvenient to send kids to Johor Baru International School. after 2 year contract is up, they will move back to Johor Baru.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    isnt such short term lease illegal?
    Don't know, could be. I never saw the contract but I have signed a 3 month rental contract before for an apartment when I sold my old house and the renovation on the new one was not yet done. The intention was to stay there long term but that did not happen. "Hopeful" was probably the landlord because he seems to be pissed of like hell by this

I am just telling what happened, but for some reason which I don't understand I have become a liar and have offended people...

If I was talking about the Barclays Premier League I could understand such passions, but when talking about Novena, Meyer and Keppel I expect people to just ignore it and buy whatever they like...

It is also strange to apply the word, compact in this context. Closely-knitted is probably a better word.

Why illegal to have a short lease? I know of friends on exchange program who did that too.

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie View Post
    Why illegal to have a short lease? I know of friends on exchange program who did that too.
    please read

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room...orum13-19.aspx