Thread: Why this new MM rental below $2k?

Default Why this new MM rental below $2k?

Im not surprised. Geylang so sleazy leh ... if females live there not safe or ppl mistaken u to be prostitutes. guys live there ppl might mistaken u to be 嫖客

probably bcos nearby HDB 3rm can rent for $2k.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    I'd rather rent the 3 rm HDB flat .

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    If the condo has no facilities or old facilities...i rather have 3 rm HDB.

Btw i rather rent 3 rm HDB or 1 room MM then dual key units.

Who wants to stay with landlord family for 2k, insane.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    now still can get 3rm HDB rental at $2k meh? nearby u mean mountbatten area..i think quite hard..even bedok area those 3rm also $2-2.5k

Well, when they bought in 2011, it cos about $500k. So $2 k mthly rental not too bad. Abt 4.8% yield.

me too. More space - can live with a bit of human dignity.

Never understand who would choose to live in a MM when they can get a whole apartment that is 2x+ as big for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post

Never understand who would choose to live in a MM when they can get a whole apartment that is 2x+ as big for the same money.
    Bro, ever wonder why people will buy BMW 1(S$169K) vs Honda Civic(S$155K)??
    Ever wonder why people will buy 1 bedroom CCR vs 3 bedroom OCR??
    Ever wonder why people buy 1 bedroom CCR think they are better off than people who bought 3 bedroom OCR??

I agree with you lar... But some people want face leh???? What to do????

Different strokes for different people... Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Ever wonder why people buy 1 bedroom CCR think they are better off than people who bought 3 bedroom OCR??

I have driven honda civic all my life- that's the only japanese car I have driven and it is really good and reliable.

Btw, bro nut- which is a better car - the BMW1 or honda civic?

There are many factors la. If I work in CBD, I will buy a CCR for convenience sake. Even if the unit is smaller. Too many factors

But nowadays, the psf is almost the same for CCR and OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post

If a single tenant do not need much space and lazy to do housework. MM may attracts him more. Most hdb flats for rental is in pretty bad condition. So it is not surprising for tenants to choose a brand new or less than 5year old MM over a older poorly maintained hdb flat.

Same story for smaller newer condo vs bigger older condo

I have driven honda civic all my life- that's the only japanese car I have driven and it is really good and reliable.

Or cheaper kia? Hyundai?

Car selection is really subjective. For conti brand, a merc c class itself have various sub models like c180,c200,c250,c350,c63. Why would one pay more for c250 than c180 for eg? All depends on needs and willingness to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Or cheaper kia? Hyundai?

Car selection is really subjective. For conti brand, a merc c class itself have various sub models like c180,c200,c250,c350,c63. Why would one pay more for c250 than c180 for eg? All depends on needs and willingness to spend.
    I was wondering, in terms of engine capacity and performance, which will be better - the BMW1 or honda civic?
    If the same, then pay a bit more and get BMW will be better.

Or is bro chestnut illustrating a point - mm in geylang is the BMW 1 and the 3 rm hdb flat is the honda civic?

I was wondering, in terms of engine capacity and performance, which will be better - the BMW1 or honda civic?

Or is bro chestnut illustrating a point - mm in geylang is the BMW 1 and the 3 rm hdb flat is the honda civic?
    I believe bmw1 has better pick up speed and faster gearbox. Probably better handling as well. However civic is more spacious and cheaper to maintain.

I do not think the illustration makes any sense.

For comfort Jap cars, go for Nissan teana/cefiro or Toyota mark x. Fast n comfort. For Conti, lexus is250 is reliable, comfortable n fast.

My dear princess.... It all depends...

I really love the all wheel drive of Audi... But I share with you something... I am just shy of 50.... Strange, all my friends now cannot drive fast (or should I say scared to drive fast).... hahahaha...

Continental cars have superb road handling... I am now driving a lexus and whenever I corner, I cannot feel the road leh????

My first car was a mitsubishi than a ford (which is actually a mazda 6)... From there on switched to a continental and now driving a jap again...

For road holding, a continental car is still the best in my opinion... For value for money, a jap - maintenance, etc....

My spare car is a peugeot, the road roading is much better than my lexus but ride comfort, a lexus is damn good... you dont get driver fatigue...

So it all depends on budget and wants...

But to get from point a to b, any car would do....

I am illustrating a point....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    For comfort Jap cars, go for Nissan teana/cefiro or Toyota mark x. Fast n comfort. For Conti, lexus is250 is reliable, comfortable n fast.
    Some prefer smaller zippy fast cars like VW gti or bmw 118 etc. For comfy large sedan your choice is pretty good except for is250 which is also not a conti brand.

I believe bmw1 has better pick up speed and faster gearbox. Probably better handling as well. However civic is more spacious and cheaper to maintain.

I do not think the illustration makes any sense.

Why???? Civic more spacious (3 room). BMW better handling (mm facilities).

Some more Civic cheaper....

Maintenance for mm more like bm... hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    There are many factors la. If I work in CBD, I will buy a CCR for convenience sake. Even if the unit is smaller. Too many factors

But nowadays, the psf is almost the same for CCR and OCR.
    Bro, I agree with you lar.... Why, different needs ......

I agree with EDB because I feel that way but i understand the dynamics of the market and accept it for what it is...

If everyone like me, all will have iphone.... Hahahaha... But I accept that google android will be bigger than iphone

My car choices are more for reliability. My friends gearbox for his vw jetta went kaput at less than 40000km n when sent back, none other than their famous dsg gearbox problem. Given another 2years warranty due to manufacturing fault. Vw cars hv fast gear change due to its dual clutch n 7 gears , but most who buy dont realise the wear n tear is incredible. Is250 is not only reliable , but in terms of speed it is faster than a Bmw 5 series (520) even though ppl compare is250 to entry level Bmw 3 series.

Some prefer smaller zippy fast cars like VW gti or bmw 118 etc. For comfy large sedan your choice is pretty good except for is250 which is also not a conti brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    My car choices are more for reliability. My friends gearbox for his vw jetta went kaput at less than 40000km n when sent back, none other than their famous dsg gearbox problem. Given another 2years warranty due to manufacturing fault. Vw cars hv fast gear change due to its dual clutch n 7 gears , but most who buy dont realise the wear n tear is incredible. Is250 is not only reliable , but in terms of speed it is faster than a Bmw 5 series (520) even though ppl compare is250 to entry level Bmw 3 series.
    Aiyo...I also heard that VW got some gear box issues.
    Thanks for highlighting it.
    I was actually considering the Jetta seriously.
    Looks like I will have to look at the civic again for my next car.
    The civic is really reliable, no problem so far.

U better tell anyone u know to avoid jetta, the specs look impressive , but the mechatronics of the car just cmi. If u got a slightly higher budget , I seriously advise those three Jap cars earlier

Aiyo...I also heard that VW got some gear box issues.
    Thanks for highlighting it.
    I was actually considering the Jetta seriously.
    Looks like I will have to look at the civic again for my next car.
    The civic is really reliable, no problem so far.

Yup. Not only about face. I mean, some buy it for face but some buy it for other reasons. So many reasons to buy a particular house or location.

Bro, I agree with you lar.... Why, different needs ......

I agree with EDB because I feel that way but i understand the dynamics of the market and accept it for what it is...

If everyone like me, all will have iphone.... Hahahaha... But I accept that google android will be bigger than iphone