Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly URA Sales Data

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer View Post
    But singapore other way round, the most expensive one is farthest from CBD and nearest to pulluting industries.
    oh, no worries ....
    spore though small, is still big enuff to find a decent place to live in ...
    we will give tat "farthest from CBD", "nearest to pulluting industries" & "yet, expensive housing" a miss then

Have you heard of the famous word "Irrational Exuberance"? In this case applied to those MMs in OCRs because buyers saying they are "absolutely affordable" (low absolute quantum)?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer View Post
    But singapore other way round, the most expensive one is farthest from CBD and nearest to pulluting industries.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Have you heard of the famous word "Irrational Exuberance"? In this case applied to those MMs in OCRs because buyers saying they are "absolutely affordable" (low absolute quantum)?

my vocab not strong wor, do u mean something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Actually why waste time on RCR? RCR is not exact CCR, like some half past size region, and yet you want to be so how lian in this forum.

Actually no money just buy OCR loh why must suffocate yourself to buy tiny apartment in RCR?
    paiseh, I can be quite stupid. do u tink R33 is trying to tell me tat buyers of OCR hv no $?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    my vocab not strong wor, do u mean something like this?

paiseh, I can be quite stupid. do u tink R33 is trying to tell me tat buyers of OCR hv no $?
    RCR is not exactly CCR, so why must be so how lian keep talking OCR property owners? wearing branded cloths doesnt mean you are rich right?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    hahahha... Cannot be more agree.. I think Singaporean have to look at other more mature property market and see the trend.. The price of the property is always proportional to the distance to CBD. No matter what you do, this is the rule that does not change.

Yes, temporary the market may react irrational but it will finally settle down to the correct pricing. The closer to city, the more expensive.

Your theory is correct.... So to put into perspective :

For new launches :

Price of CCR????
    >2.5K
    Price of RCR???
    Price of OCR????
    But did you notice a convergence with RCR and OCR - wierd?????

Actually, I have a few RCR, the issue is the employment locations are now located in MBF (to me, that is the new CCR)... and OCR...

So people are wanting to stay near their work places....

Which RCR has a high employment catchment area (serious question).... Never really looked into it.... Hahahahahaha

But Tanah Merah, Paya Lebar, Jurong, seems to be the hot area leh.....

Want to hear opinions of people on this portion... I have not really thot deep into this yet... But this is just an observation from a generic view... No data to substantiate it....

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    The price of the property is always proportional to the distance to CBD.
    The pinnacle of residential dwellings in Singapore, the GCBs, tend to cluster a certain distance from the CBD (except Windsor Estate, Bishan, RCR, and Green Hill Estate, Bukit Panjang, OCR).

Thus, I believe that other than price being related to distance from the CBD, there may actually exist a "Goldilocks zone" around the CBD where prices are simply, stratospheric.

If decentralisation is successful, rcr will slowly loses its importance/appeal. Last time RCR is good because it is nearer to the CBD where all the jobs are and RCR is less expensive to CCR. If decentralisation is successful, job clusters will be in OCR and CBD....

One thing that is certain for Singapore is that car ownership will become more expensive over time and more people will have rely on public transport instead of private cars. Hence in the medium to long term property prices near transport, commercial/employment hubs, schools and amenities will continue to rise due to continuous pent up demand from both buyers and tenants.

And this is likely to change the property landscape where in the past, you could say that property prices peak in the central and taper down as it move further out of the central. But with government decentralize effort, the property landscape in Singapore will look more like this.

CCR will of course still be the tallest peak, but there will also be more hill appearing because government decentralization plan.

This video will give you a good insight about what Singapore is going to be like in the next 20 years. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5490gLDAeJs
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

some projects yet to launch lei - like that also counted? e.g. below ...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    CCR
    DUO 660
    Cape Royale 302
    Unnamed Cairnhill Project 268
    Unnamed St Thomas Walk 219
    South Beach 190
    Clermont Resi 181
    Gramercy Park 174
    Nouvel 18 156
    Unnamed at Robinsons 143
    Pollen & Bleu 106
    Paterson Collection 85
    Goodwood Grand 73
    The Peak @ Cairnhill II 60
    Ardmore Resi 58
    The Nassim 55
    Treasure on Balmoral 48*
    Moulmein 27 41
    Sculptura Ardmore 35
    iliv@grange 30
    Sarkies Green 26
    Asimont Villas 21
    The Green Collection 20

*Treasure on Balmoral launched 12 units but is 100% unsold.

RCR
    Alex Resi 441
    Venue 266
    Creek 260
    Guillemard Suites 146
    Unnamed at Marine Parade Road 124
    Grandview Suites 52
    Unnamed at Lorong 27 Geylang 34
    Nine Degrees 29

OCR
    Inflora 396
    Waterwoods (EC) 373
    Nine Resi 186
    Sorrento 131
    Floraview 90
    Watercove Ville 80
    Berkley Resi 22

bro, that was the list of yet to launch projects what.

the title was "unlaunched projects ranked by total unsold units (min 20 units)"

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful View Post
    some projects yet to launch lei - like that also counted? e.g. below ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast