Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: District 15 versus District 16

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    D15 at both ends are better ... Meyer and Frankel ....

in between is a nightmare

D16 pretty much ok throughout ...
    y a nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by creative_vitamin View Post
    y a nightmare?
    hi creative vitamin

i guess u have never lived in district 15/16 before? and you're not so familiar with the area? D15 is definitely more prestigious that D16. of course, whether its 15 or 16, both districts are very big so not all the estates within the district is equally good.

i lived in the meyer/amber area for many many years now, so i can tell u that imo i wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in singapore. yes the lack of an MRT now may be a concern, but residents in this area learn to deal with it. the many upsides of living in meyer/amber beat the lack of an MRT.

as for D16, well, its further from the city, and also less atas. depending on which part of D16 you're referring to, not everywhere in D16 is blessed with an MRT. for example, upper east coast/ bayshore/ bedok south/ deep within tanah merah are not within walking distance to the station. of course, this problem will be partially solved once the ERL is announced, as for D15.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by creative_vitamin View Post
    y a nightmare?

from Amber to frankel ... in between ... very densely built

narrow roads, heavy traffic, no doubt a lot of eateries ... precisely its the eateries that's attracting the crowd.. in turn.. the crowd comes with cars .. stopping where they shouldn't, parking where they shouldn't, etc etc

its my personal opinion ... over the years I have tried many times... going there at different times of the day and different days of the week ...

it has some of my favorite foods but to live there ... NO

perhaps its becos I am used to wide roads and quiet environment ...

D16 on the other hand ... has wider roads .. and the buildings/ houses are not as closely built ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    from Amber to frankel ... in between ... very densely built

narrow roads, heavy traffic, no doubt a lot of eateries ... precisely its the eateries that's attracting the crowd.. in turn.. the crowd comes with cars .. stopping where they shouldn't, parking where they shouldn't, etc etc

its my personal opinion ... over the years I have tried many times... going there at different times of the day and different days of the week ...

it has some of my favorite foods but to live there ... NO

perhaps its becos I am used to wide roads and quiet environment ...

D16 on the other hand ... has wider roads .. and the buildings/ houses are not as closely built ...

i think d16 has more industrial too? that why the roads are wider

Saw a news article recently that Joo Chiat has degraded now with callgirls running business at the nearby condos. Is it true?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast