Thread: District 15 versus District 16

Default District 15 versus District 16

any one has any thoughts about the comparison between properties in d15 and d16?

or are they similiar?

i will have thought d15 is more favourable?

Some prefer MRT at the doorstep so they choose D16.

Quote Originally Posted by creative_vitamin View Post
    any one has any thoughts about the comparison between properties in d15 and d16?

or are they similiar?

i will have thought d15 is more favourable?

D15 more expats. A certain country.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Some prefer MRT at the doorstep so they choose D16.
    this is nice observation!
    d15 have a feel of their own whereas d16 is an mrt feel

this is nice observation!
    d15 have a feel of their own whereas d16 is an mrt feel

D15 at both ends are better ... Meyer and Frankel ....

in between is a nightmare

D16 pretty much ok throughout ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    D15 at both ends are better ... Meyer and Frankel ....

in between is a nightmare

D16 pretty much ok throughout ...
    y a nightmare?

y a nightmare?
    hi creative vitamin

i guess u have never lived in district 15/16 before? and you're not so familiar with the area? D15 is definitely more prestigious that D16. of course, whether its 15 or 16, both districts are very big so not all the estates within the district is equally good.

i lived in the meyer/amber area for many many years now, so i can tell u that imo i wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in singapore. yes the lack of an MRT now may be a concern, but residents in this area learn to deal with it. the many upsides of living in meyer/amber beat the lack of an MRT.

as for D16, well, its further from the city, and also less atas. depending on which part of D16 you're referring to, not everywhere in D16 is blessed with an MRT. for example, upper east coast/ bayshore/ bedok south/ deep within tanah merah are not within walking distance to the station. of course, this problem will be partially solved once the ERL is announced, as for D15.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

y a nightmare?

from Amber to frankel ... in between ... very densely built

narrow roads, heavy traffic, no doubt a lot of eateries ... precisely its the eateries that's attracting the crowd.. in turn.. the crowd comes with cars .. stopping where they shouldn't, parking where they shouldn't, etc etc

its my personal opinion ... over the years I have tried many times... going there at different times of the day and different days of the week ...

it has some of my favorite foods but to live there ... NO

perhaps its becos I am used to wide roads and quiet environment ...

D16 on the other hand ... has wider roads .. and the buildings/ houses are not as closely built ...

from Amber to frankel ... in between ... very densely built

narrow roads, heavy traffic, no doubt a lot of eateries ... precisely its the eateries that's attracting the crowd.. in turn.. the crowd comes with cars .. stopping where they shouldn't, parking where they shouldn't, etc etc

its my personal opinion ... over the years I have tried many times... going there at different times of the day and different days of the week ...

it has some of my favorite foods but to live there ... NO

perhaps its becos I am used to wide roads and quiet environment ...

D16 on the other hand ... has wider roads .. and the buildings/ houses are not as closely built ...

i think d16 has more industrial too? that why the roads are wider

Saw a news article recently that Joo Chiat has degraded now with callgirls running business at the nearby condos. Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    hi creative vitamin

i guess u have never lived in district 15/16 before? and you're not so familiar with the area? D15 is definitely more prestigious that D16. of course, whether its 15 or 16, both districts are very big so not all the estates within the district is equally good.

i lived in the meyer/amber area for many many years now, so i can tell u that imo i wouldnt choose to live anywhere else in singapore. yes the lack of an MRT now may be a concern, but residents in this area learn to deal with it. the many upsides of living in meyer/amber beat the lack of an MRT.

as for D16, well, its further from the city, and also less atas. depending on which part of D16 you're referring to, not everywhere in D16 is blessed with an MRT. for example, upper east coast/ bayshore/ bedok south/ deep within tanah merah are not within walking distance to the station. of course, this problem will be partially solved once the ERL is announced, as for D15.
    Only a few parts of D15 are considered prime neighborhoods and even then, not as prime as the GCB neighborhoods in D10 and D11. I don't even need to argue my point: just look at the $psf, number of government and business elite residing there, number of elite schools in the areas, and most tellingly, the infrastructure (roads, public landscaping, size of landed lots, etc). D10/11 exudes a sense of gracious living and class that no other neighborhoods in Singapore can replicate, perhaps only Sentosa cove can. That's why they call those the prime districts.

D10: Bukit Timah/Holland road side

D11: Dunearn road side

To add on, if you MUST buy in D15, do only consider the Meyer and Mountbatten areas only. The rest of D15 like Amber is a concrete jungle populated by upgraders and new rich. Frankel, while quite classy, is too far from the city centre and frankly, too far from anywhere that matters. And to get out of the little Frankel neighborhood, you will have to rub shoulders and encounter the awful habits of the denizens in the surrounding areas, namely Geylang, Joo Chiat, Geylang Serai, and the faux-rich neighborhoods of east coast, katong and amber.
    Last edited by Lord Anus; 24-10-13 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    hi creative vitamin

i would have actually think that public transport e.g. an MRT is not quite a concern in d15 due to the proximity to city and the public transport available. also not to mentioned that cars owning seems to be prevalent too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post
    Only a few parts of D15 are considered prime neighborhoods and even then, not as prime as the GCB neighborhoods in D10 and D11. I don't even need to argue my point: just look at the $psf, number of government and business elite residing there, number of elite schools in the areas, and most tellingly, the infrastructure (roads, public landscaping, size of landed lots, etc). D10/11 exudes a sense of gracious living and class that no other neighborhoods in Singapore can replicate, perhaps only Sentosa cove can. That's why they call those the prime districts.

To add on, if you MUST buy in D15, do only consider the Meyer and Mountbatten areas only. The rest of D15 like Amber is a concrete jungle populated by upgraders and new rich. Frankel, while quite classy, is too far from the city centre and frankly, too far from anywhere that matters. And to get out of the little Frankel neighborhood, you will have to rub shoulders and encounter the awful habits of the denizens in the surrounding areas, namely Geylang, Joo Chiat, Geylang Serai, and the faux-rich neighborhoods of east coast, katong and amber.
    i also think that some pockets of d15 are nice for purpose of residential however it depends on one's lifestyle too!

d14 is also in the middle of d15?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post

Haha how do you equate D10/11 with Sentosa Cove ?? When the sea is so far far away for D10/D11...u cant even see the sea there except buildings and buildings. D10/11 is also overcrowded and its close to the unlikeable Balestier Area especially for D11. Whereas D15 is very close to the popular east coast beach as well as shopping, eating and other establishments.

D11 should not be mentioned in the same phrase together with D10 at all.

The only setback for D15 like Amber, Meyer and Katong are no mrt. But once mrt comes into the picture, this area will be more prime than D11 thats for certain and equal to D10. As of now, we already see some D15 developments selling at above $2000psf. New developments along D15 in Amber/Meyer will all be priced above $2000psf. So not surprising with the mrt announcement, they will cross $2500psf on average for sure.
    Last edited by Shawn; 28-10-13 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Haha how do you equate D10/11 with Sentosa Cove ?? When the sea is so far far away for D10/D11...u cant even see the sea there except buildings and buildings. D10/11 is also overcrowded and its close to the unlikeable Balestier Area especially for D11. Whereas D15 is very close to the popular east coast beach as well as shopping, eating and other establishments.

D11 should not be mentioned in the same phrase together with D10 at all.

The only setback for D15 like Amber, Meyer and Katong are no mrt. But once mrt comes into the picture, this area will be more prime than D11 thats for certain and equal to D10. As of now, we already see some D15 developments selling at above $2000psf. New developments along D15 in Amber/Meyer will all be priced above $2000psf. So not surprising with the mrt announcement, they will cross $2500psf on average for sure.
    It is not the mrt actually. if you can live there, you should want and can afford a car. Its the future reclamation of east coast that will hinder its potential. What is Amber Meyer etc without sea?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    It is not the mrt actually. if you can live there, you should want and can afford a car. Its the future reclamation of east coast that will hinder its potential. What is Amber Meyer etc without sea?
    Goodness this Jurong guy is here to wreak havoc again. Amber/Meyer even without sea is still better than your Jurong la for your info. Go to your threads la nobody will disturb u there...Focus on your Jurong Gateway and your hyped up stories about Jurong. Reality is painful right when u walk around that area..u see nothing but factories and factories and small trees.

Even the HDBs there no way can compare with the HDBs near Marine Parade, needless to say how do u compared D15/16 condos with Jurong condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Goodness this Jurong guy is here to wreak havoc again. Amber/Meyer even without sea is still better than your Jurong la for your info. Go to your threads la nobody will disturb u there...Focus on your Jurong Gateway and your hyped up stories about Jurong. Reality is painful right when u walk around that area..u see nothing but factories and factories and small trees.

Even the HDBs there no way can compare with the HDBs near Marine Parade, needless to say how do u compared D15/16 condos with Jurong condos.
    Hahah..,next time I will try to set up a new account when I post here, but in the mean time, can you explain better in what sense? Better capital gain and rental yield potential?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Hahah..,next time I will try to set up a new account when I post here, but in the mean time, can you explain better in what sense? Better capital gain and rental yield potential?

SINGAPORE: New initiatives may be on the cards for transport infrastructure in Joo Chiat.

MP for Joo Chiat, Charles Chong, said this at a media briefing on Tuesday.

He said more bus services, an MRT line and wider roads are needed more quickly because of the rising number of people living within his constituency.

speaking of the devil

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle View Post
    SINGAPORE: New initiatives may be on the cards for transport infrastructure in Joo Chiat.

He said more bus services, an MRT line and wider roads are needed more quickly because of the rising number of people living within his constituency.

speaking of the devil

how to widen the road ? D15 is famous for tiny roads

ENLARGECAPTION

The constituency is also looking into stack parking, in which a hydraulic lift is used to place cars in spaces on top of each other.

"I think for Joo Chiat SMC, the infrastructure needs to catch up, because the infrastructure is not meant to cope with this population density. A lot of condominiums, high-rise are coming up, whereas the roads are still meant to cater to landed properties, as in the past," said Mr Chong.

The constituency also plans to further promote the arts and the area's rich cultural heritage, with the aim of encouraging interaction among residents.

Siglap South Community Centre has already upgraded its various dance studios and music rooms, while improvements in its auditorium will be completed by the beginning of next year.

- CNA/ir

look at little india, shops along jln besar and chinatown.

the whole place turned upside down

The main roads. E.g Still Road, East Coast, Marine Parade

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    The main roads. E.g Still Road, East Coast, Marine Parade

Still road is considered wide ...

the narrow ones are east coast road ..

wonder why they want to widen the already wide road ... and do nothing ( or nothing can be done) to the really narrow ones ...

Still road is considered wide ...

the narrow ones are east coast road ..

wonder why they want to widen the already wide road ... and do nothing ( or nothing can be done) to the really narrow ones ...
    They should put more bus services

Default District 15

District 15 is a sensible choice.

Nearer to CBD.

especially with the Eastern Region Line coming up.

I think D15 is better

No discrimination, but district 15 is becoming another little India as a lot of FT living there.
    I can see the rental also dropping there...

Hope MRT can revive the place.