Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New! The Hillford (1st 60 years leasehold residential condo)

Tentage super crowded.. hearsay 3units less than 400k.
    commercial units superhot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    Tentage super crowded.. hearsay 3units less than 400k.
    commercial units superhot as well.
    how many sold?

Quote Originally Posted by terrynfs View Post
    how many sold?
    My source tells me only 1 handful left. Less than half a dozen.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post

Old news.. it is 100 percent sold out.. thank q for ur support.. cya in the next 60yrs condo sale

great, sold out within one day as expected, congrats to all the buyers

will be interesting to watch how many resales in the coming years. Hopefully no regrets for the next 60 years.

With the success of this hillford more retirement condo will be launched in future. When yishun, woodlands, chao chu kang, sembawang etc... launch 60yr LH retirement condo at $400k this hillford will look cheap by then.

wah, so many condo hungary people....

congratulations!

confirm the next 60 years lease condo will be sold higher.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    wah, so many condo hungary people....

congratulations!

confirm the next 60 years lease condo will be sold higher.
    better not be so bullish or else government is going to impose new restriction for such project.

Congrats to all the buyers and retirees.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Hillford is not retirement condo lah, because:
    1) there is no age limit to buy
    2) Many buyers are young people not reaching retirement age
    3) Expect most of these "retirement condo" features and services will be removed by the MCST (owners) in future to save costs since retirees are minority and can't fight to save these features and services!
    4) In place of (3) will be features and services catered for the younger people...

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    With the success of this hillford more retirement condo will be launched in future. When yishun, woodlands, chao chu kang, sembawang etc... launch 60yr LH retirement condo at $400k this hillford will look cheap by then.

If I have excess cash I rather buy the freehold condo at the hillview area, and must be near the hillview mrt! at least it is freehold, don't need to count down to its short life span! Seeing the craze about pte property, whether 60 years or not, I feel great about my future to early retirement!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Approval of Hillford for retirement homes and lifting the restrictions on building any size MMs for this estate + 10% free GFA to lure developers to bid must have been the biggest cock-up by URA/MND? They didn't even stipulate that buyers must be retirees or nearing retiring but yet approve it for retirement homes!

Will we see more such estates full of MMs disguised as "retirement homes" (to by-pass earlier laws stipulating that developers cannot build too many MMs in an estate)?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Hillford is not retirement condo lah, because:
    1) there is no age limit to buy
    2) Many buyers are young people not reaching retirement age
    3) Expect most of these "retirement condo" features and services will be removed by the MCST (owners) in future to save costs since retirees are minority and can't fight to save these features and services!
    4) In place of (3) will be features and services catered for the younger people...

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    If I have excess cash I rather buy the freehold condo at the hillview area, and must be near the hillview mrt! at least it is freehold, don't need to count down to its short life span! Seeing the craze about pte property, whether 60 years or not, I feel great about my future to early retirement!
    it all depends on how much excess cash you talking about. For this project, I reckon many buyer would be buying without bank loan.

Freehold or leasehold, most estate will not last more than 50 years. The most important part is it location.

For project like this, if the buyer can recover their investment through rental within 30 years (which is not impossible) the remaining 30 years will be bonus.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Approval of Hillford for retirement homes and lifting the restrictions on building any size MMs for this estate + 10% free GFA to lure developers to bid must have been the biggest cock-up by URA/MND? They didn't even stipulate that buyers must be retirees or nearing retiring but yet approve it for retirement homes!

Will we see more such estates full of MMs disguised as "retirement homes" (to by-pass earlier laws stipulating that developers cannot build too many MMs in an estate)?
    i dont see this as a cock-up.
    i see it as a calculated effort to eventually normalise 60 yr LH land sale and another way to boost land price and govt coffers.

siao....with that money can buy freehold geylang condo.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    siao....with that money can buy freehold geylang condo.
    Yalor...I agree with babyt

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83 View Post
    Yalor...I agree with babyt

spore is so small .... govt has to continue to make money ...

last time sell 99 yr... PAP will ( may ) be gone before the lease expires ..

so now sell 60 yr lease ...

since response so good ... Next will be 50 yrs .. 30 yrs ..

turnover faster .. money keeps coming in

ho sei leow lah ..........

reserve Chiong ah ..........

Anyone knows the avg psf?

i think i may live to see the day the 60yrs lease is up haha
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Do not to go so far. There is couple of FH condos in close proximity. Rental is also not so strong there. Buyer should be worried if depends on rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Do not to go so far. There is couple of FH condos in close proximity. Rental is also not so strong there. Buyer should be worried if depends on rental.
    I think it is the low premium... But for me, PC means must get a FH if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    I believe in thinking long term, and future development in next 5 years, downtown line 2 ready, new shopping , like mall at hillier , mall at Bukit panjang! Green corridor .... Everyting will change in 3 years time

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    it all depends on how much excess cash you talking about. For this project, I reckon many buyer would be buying without bank loan.

Freehold or leasehold, most estate will not last more than 50 years. The most important part is it location.

For project like this, if the buyer can recover their investment through rental within 30 years (which is not impossible) the remaining 30 years will be bonus.
    Several years earlier, some chose to take 30 years lease HDB shophouses, it turns out not working as well. not sure of this 60 years condo.

given 30 years time span, buying an endowment plan will also confirm to be doubled.

What this means is that any old condos more than 55yrs remaining should see a price adjustment upwards.