Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverbank - A Riverfront Condo at Fernvale (D19, 99 years LH, by UOL Group Limited)

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    ... what if, without all these AC ledge tricks, a "normal" 3bd will have to sell for 1.5mil minimum, and upgraders suddenly realize they are really not cheap ( hence not affordable) at all ? Exactly because of these AC ledge tricks , you can have an artificial 1000sqft 3bd selling for 1mil only. Ppl's income didn't really rise that much, but nowadays dun you see EVERYONE can afford a condo ? Upgrade dream achieved, ppl are happy. Despite all the complaints of wasted space etc
    I am lost!

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I am lost!
    Me too...totally lost. AMK, pls help to elaborate more....thks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    Me too...totally lost. AMK, pls help to elaborate more....thks!
    Say developer bought a land of 1000 sqft from gov, with plot ratio such that he can only build up 2000 sqft, restricted by the maximum allowable GFA.

Total development cost plus marketing, legal and profit margin is 3 million dollars. So naturally developer will sell 2 units of 1000 sqft each, at 1.5mil price tag. No waste space for buyer. But 1.5mil, many upgraders cannot afford.

Now gov say ok you can have some extra AC ledge which dun count to GFA. Voila developer say let's reconfigure the apartment to be total 3000 sqft built up, with 1000sqft extra being the AC ledge and other non GFA items. So now I can configure it as 3 units with 1000 sqft each, albeit with lots of waste space, BUT with a selling price of 1mil each ONLY !

Buyer is happy to see "wow price is so much cheaper, for the SAME size! So affordable ! Now I can afford this 1mil no problem." . Of course nothing changes at the developer end.

Dun laugh at the absurdity of this story. Tis is exactly what is happening now.

Say developer bought a land of 1000 sqft from gov, with plot ratio such that he can only build up 2000 sqft, restricted by the maximum allowable GFA.

Total development cost plus marketing, legal and profit margin is 3 million dollars. So naturally developer will sell 2 units of 1000 sqft each, at 1.5mil price tag. No waste space for buyer. But 1.5mil, many upgraders cannot afford.

Now gov say ok you can have some extra AC ledge which dun count to GFA. Voila developer say let's reconfigure the apartment to be total 3000 sqft built up, with 1000sqft extra being the AC ledge and other non GFA items. So now I can configure it as 3 units with 1000 sqft each, albeit with lots of waste space, BUT with a selling price of 1mil each ONLY !

Buyer is happy to see "wow price is so much cheaper, for the SAME size! So affordable ! Now I can afford this 1mil no problem." . Of course nothing changes at the developer end.

This will be a norm.

Last 3 days to view the showflat and to submit interest for VIP Preview!

Visit the website below to register or call hotline to view today!

Thumbs up

here's an interesting review on riverbank. Pros and Cons.

http://www.propersquare.com/reviews/...rbank-fernvale

Quote Originally Posted by coolkai View Post
    here's an interesting review on riverbank. Pros and Cons.

http://www.propersquare.com/reviews/...rbank-fernvale
    The location and amenities were very poorly reviewed. The reviewers are not familiar with the Fernvale area and draft Masterplan at all. They are not aware of the existence of the upcoming Seletar Mall development as well as the semi expressway viaduct. Very funny that the reviewers kept complaining that the facing of the blocks not oriented towards the reservoir. If UOL does that, many of the blocks will not just have reservoir view but direct exposure to the semi express way to be built right next to the development.

Whaha, very good analogy!

collected 500+ cheque! Is this good? I am seriously wondering! Good luck to UOL!

The Riverbank @ Fernvale condominium (pictured) will open for booking this Friday (14 February) after receiving strong preview interest, said its developer UOL.

The showflat in Sengkang has been open since last week to prospective buyers and investors.

UOL said that the 555-unit project which offers views of Punggol Reservoir will have an average price of slightly above $1,000 psf.

Unit types include one-to five-bedroom apartments ranging from 495 sq ft to 1,389 sq ft and ground floor cabana units measuring about 1,200 sq ft.

Anthony Wong, UOL’s Deputy General Manager (Marketing), said: “After we opened our showflats for preview last week, we have collected more than 500 cheques. We saw strong interest across all our unit types. We believe prospective buyers are attracted to the upcoming employment node, plus there is still a healthy underlying demand from HDB upgraders.”

Meanwhile, demand for homes in Sengkang is set to increase as the nearby Seletar Aerospace Park takes off as Singapore’s aerospace hub.

The planned Seletar Mall and Sengkang General & Community Hospitals will also strengthen the attractions of the area when they are completed in end-2014 and 2018 respectively.

Checked the layout of 1-bedroom. Rivertree's is so much better than Riverbank's.

Quote Originally Posted by ECOS View Post
    Checked the layout of 1-bedroom. Rivertree's is so much better than Riverbank's.
    But it is more expensive.
    Will the rental yield for Rivertrees be more than Riverbank?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    But it is more expensive.
    Will the rental yield for Rivertrees be more than Riverbank?
    Buying at a lower psf between 2 adjacent projects means one gains that psf difference in profit at the very moment of purchase. Would a potential buyer go for profit more or space more? There will be a different view from an investor and a home seeker point of view.

Riverbank is in the News today again!

Read More: High interest for UOL's Riverbank @ Fernvale

Last 4-Hours till the closure for Cheque Submission by 8pm today!!! If you have not, call developer sales team at 9789 8770 for the submission now!

Quote Originally Posted by newlaunchproperty View Post
    Riverbank is in the News today again!

Read More: High interest for UOL's Riverbank @ Fernvale

Last 4-Hours till the closure for Cheque Submission by 8pm today!!! If you have not, call developer sales team at 9789 8770 for the submission now!

i am surprised! Was suppose to close for Wed and Thursday but open another day. Look like the cheques collection is below the developer expectation!

Quote Originally Posted by newlaunchproperty View Post
    Buying at a lower psf between 2 adjacent projects means one gains that psf difference in profit at the very moment of purchase. Would a potential buyer go for profit more or space more? There will be a different view from an investor and a home seeker point of view.

After seeing both developments, riverbank (uol) is better for the investor cos psf is cheaper than rivertrees (fraser consortium).

But is for own stay, rivertrees may be better cos got nicer view, better finishes and nearer to LRT.

But I must say I am so impressed with Riverbank (uol) 5 bedder!
    And the loft unit with the built in loft furniture which is included and all the ingenious space saving furniture!

Smart investor will choose La Fiesta or Jewel@Buangkok instead of Rivertrees and Riverbank.
    Buyers for H2O, Rivertrees and Riverbank enjoy its closeness to the reservoir but for H2O, only the corner big units get to see the reservoir, as for Riverbank, buyers have to go the the sky garden to enjoy the view of reservoir.
    Only at Rivertrees, you are able to enjoy the reservoir view from your living room, kitchen and bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Smart investor will choose La Fiesta or Jewel@Buangkok instead of Rivertrees and Riverbank.
    Buyers for H2O, Rivertrees and Riverbank enjoy its closeness to the reservoir but for H2O, only the corner big units get to see the reservoir, as for Riverbank, buyers have to go the the sky garden to enjoy the view of reservoir.
    Only at Rivertrees, you are able to enjoy the reservoir view from your living room, kitchen and bedrooms.

I think Buangkok is the worst - so near to HDB estate.

La Fiesta is slightly better in location, and pricing.

For lifestyle and conducive living, Rivertrees emerges as a clear winner and followed by Riverbank.

I do not know how the expressway flyover would impact, but my above consideration is assess based without the express highway. I believe impact should not be great. If yes, riverbank would have the most of it's impact.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    I think Buangkok is the worst - so near to HDB estate.

La Fiesta is slightly better in location, and pricing.

For lifestyle and conducive living, Rivertrees emerges as a clear winner and followed by Riverbank.

I do not know how the expressway flyover would impact, but my above consideration is assess based without the express highway. I believe impact should not be great. If yes, riverbank would have the most of it's impact.
    Please elaborate why near HDB is the WORST?

Nowadays, with Condos having less car park lots / not having enough visitors lots, good to be located near a HDB estate - at least can park in the HDB car park lots.

Please elaborate why near HDB is the WORST?
    Why Buangkok and La Fiesta is a smarter choice then?

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    Nowadays, with Condos having less car park lots / not having enough visitors lots, good to be located near a HDB estate - at least can park in the HDB car park lots.
    COE is so high that cars are already a luxury nowadays.

Too near to HDBs will lure unwanted guests and issues to the private development.

Too near to HDBs will lure unwanted guests and issues to the private development.
    Think u better get an air ticket and leave S'pore like the Ang Mo

Think u better get an air ticket and leave S'pore like the Ang Mo
    You need to ask ONE question?

Why do people "upgrade" and moved to "condo" or "private" apartment?

Why?

Wonder if Yowetan has any friends / colleagues who live in a HDB flat?

Condo residents are the likely ones who have cars; some have more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    Condo residents are the likely ones who have cars; some have more than 1.
    I stay in Mt Sinai and I just sold my car.

Smile

I stay in Mt Sinai and I just sold my car.
    it is okay to sell your car cos Mt Sinai is so near to MRT

Are there any 3 bedroom dual key ground floor units in Riverbank?

vvip today?