Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riverbank - A Riverfront Condo at Fernvale (D19, 99 years LH, by UOL Group Limited)

Aaron Wan ‏@AaronWan 1m All One and Two bedrooms are fully sold! The Riverbank @ Fernvale showflat is now opened to public!!

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Aaron Wan ‏@AaronWan 1m All One and Two bedrooms are fully sold! The Riverbank @ Fernvale showflat is now opened to public!!
    price range for 1 and 2 bedder?

Quantum is the king, mm is the king!!

Singaporean is really rich.

Sold out during soft launch? Phantom buyers again.

Judging from the sales pattern, I am guessing Riverbank attracted mainly investors because of the low quantum.
    Are the people looking to buy for own use going for Rivertrees ?

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    Judging from the sales pattern, I am guessing Riverbank attracted mainly investors because of the low quantum.
    Are the people looking to buy for own use going for Rivertrees ?
    Yes low quantum definitely, that's why the 1 &2 bedders were snapped up.

However, I wonder who will be the tenants (assuming they bought as investment homes)?

The hospital and aerospace centre foreign employees are likely to bring their families along with them when they come to Singapore and are likely to rent the bigger units.

Yes low quantum definitely, that's why the 1 &2 bedders were snapped up.

However, I wonder who will be the tenants (assuming they bought as investment homes)?

The hospital and aerospace centre foreign employees are likely to bring their families along with them when they come to Singapore and are likely to rent the bigger units.
    Well there are always single foreign workers ? Are there statistics to show the breakdown of single vs family ppl foreign workers ?

New PR cannot rent hdb for 3 yrs. So likely they choose the cheapest rental for condo.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    Wonder if Yowetan has any friends / colleagues who live in a HDB flat?
    Yowetan probably would not want to "friend" anyone who lives in a HDB flat as I felt that he generally looked down on them as he has upgraded to Mt Senile now. Why people liked to upgrade to pte housing from public housing, he asked. He probably thought that those who stayed in HDB have an inferiority complex and would like to show the world that they no longer belonged there. He probably thought that those staying in HDB will try to sneak into nearby Private Condo...... I don't think we should judge another based on where he is staying. I don't know, but does staying in Mt Senile made Yowetan any better person than he originally was?

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    New PR cannot rent hdb for 3 yrs. So likely they choose the cheapest rental for condo.
    Cannot buy ba... Anyone have the updated sales figure? How many % sold?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Singaporean is really rich.
    They are rich not because they earned an extra of S$10 a day or S$200 over from meal or transport allowance. They are rich mostly because they were capable people who worked hard or smart or possessed a good investment sense.

Not surprising since it is priced to sell at 10xx to 11xxpsf. La Fiesta sold out all one bedder on first day of sales at 12xxpsf to 13xxpsf. At 10xxpsf price tag for Riverbank, it is already at a discounted price of about 20% to 30%. So property guru who says price drop seems correct and as it is already happening. Some even advocate buyers do not wait and buy now despite the absd.....

Another ....bank that is doing well Can see rivertrees advert on TV so frequent by Fraser and FEO.

If price is lower and have there is a good buying support is a good news for property
    market.
    Govt measures had a good effect to make developers more resourceful and innovative.
    Looks like the cooling measures can stay for a long time and have a positive impact on the economy without any bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    New PR can rent HDB.
    They cannot buy resale HDB for the first 3 years.

1 n 2 bedder sold out nothing to shout about. It is about 150 units out of the total a 555 unit. Including other units sold probably about 40% of the total units. Just my guess!

So 500+ cheques collected translate to small size unit sold.

Any agents can confirm the sales result?

8 stacks not released?

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    8 stacks not released?
    The 8 stacks consist of only one unit each stack - these are the cabana units; each of these units has its own basement car park lot.

This website provide details of the floor plan of the cabana unit and pictures of how this cabana unit looks like (go to the images gallery section):

http://www.condogallery.com.sg/riverbank-fernvale/

Thumbs down

superb timing when bonus goes into most ppl CPF in Sengkang lol
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Default More than 200 Riverbank units snapped up

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...apped-20140215

MORE than 200 units at Riverbank @ Fernvale in Sengkang were sold when 250 units of the 555-unit condominium project were released for sale yesterday.
    Hundreds of potential customers packed the showflat in its first day of launch and the buyers include both investors and owner-occupiers.
    "We have a strong take-up for one, two-bedroom and loft units," said a spokesmanfrom UOL Development. "There was also a strong interest for bigger units. Of the 17 five-bedroom units, 10 units were snapped up.
    Doris Ong, senior vice-president of ERA Realty, the marketing agent for this project, also told BT that the one to two-bedroom units that were released yesterday were sold out.
    "This weekend, we will be releasing more three-bedroom units which are ideal for owner-occupiers, with prices starting from $870,000," UOL spokesman said. Units at Riverbank @ Fernvale are sold for an average of slightly over $1,000 per sq ft (psf). The project comprises one to five-bedroom apartments ranging from 495 sq ft to 1,389 sq ft while the Cabana units, which are ground-floor apartments with sun lounger and private carpark lots are going for about 1,200 sq ft each.
    Located right next door is a competing 495-unit project known as Rivertrees Residence, jointly developed by Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Orchard and Sekisui House. Slated for launch on Feb 22, the average price for units sold in the initial phase will be in the range of $950-$1,150 psf.
    Both projects are nestled in the north-east region earmarked under the Draft Master Plan as a new centre for growth. Analysts say that they expect strong buying interests from both owner-occupiers and investors for these projects. But they note it is early days to tell whether this location will deliver the expected returns for investors.
    "The location is shaping up to be an appealing residential enclave . . . especially for HDB upgraders," said R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng. "This is a promising area but for those buying to invest, it is not a certainty if the investment potential will pick up eventually."
    Mr Ong explained that rental yields would be challenged by substantial new completions of non-landed residential units in suburban areas in 2014 and 2015. At the same time, Western expatriates tend to prefer projects of a smaller scale, compared to 300-500 unit projects.
    "Investors are hopeful but it is unclear if it can provide the expected rental yield," Mr Ong added. But for those who can afford to stay in the units if they do not rent them out, "there will also be some resale value in terms of price appreciation".
    Jones Lang LaSalle Singapore research director Ong Teck Hui noted that there have been more tenants looking for units in the Seletar area in recent years given the development of the Seletar Aerospace Hub. "It is hard to say if rental yields would be attractive but if the Seletar Hub grows strongly in the future, the prospects might be better," he said.
    David Tan, a father of two, was among HDB-upgraders who bought units at Riverbank @ Fernvale yesterday. "It was quite worrisome because there were so many people. I was so afraid I would not get the unit I wanted," he said.
    Mr Tan eventually got his top choice - a three-bedroom loft unit on the first floor - for close to $1,050 psf. He said the unit offers "an unobstructed view of the Sungei Punggol river and new year countdown fireworks".

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    They are rich not because they earned an extra of S$10 a day or S$200 over from meal or transport allowance. They are rich mostly because they were capable people who worked hard or smart or possessed a good investment sense.
    I guess the Hillview flop has affected you tremendously.

It would be interesting to see how good rivertrees residence fares.

No matter what, it should be better than Hillview peak by unknown chinese developer.

Smile

I guess the Hillview flop has affected you tremendously.
    No, it is people like you (only one so far in this forum, fortunately). You assumed everyone has a tight budget & would worry just becos the property he or she bought a unit was not sold out like hot cakes. I do admired your achievement in attaining your landed mt senile, not an easy task I must admit. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    No, it is people like you (only one so far in this forum, fortunately). You assumed everyone has a tight budget & would worry just becos the property he or she bought a unit was not sold out like hot cakes. I do admired your achievement in attaining your landed mt senile, not an easy task I must admit. 8)
    You could observe how well your beloved Chinese developer fares for the next two development. You will know then.

Not too bad.... At least sell off 40%+.. Now is to see the rivertree....

It would be interesting to see how good rivertrees residence fares.

No matter what, it should be better than Hillview peak by unknown chinese developer.
    What happen to Hillview peak???

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    What happen to Hillview peak???
    Nothing happen; I am just drawing comparison on affordability, quality and value-for-money purchase.