Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Default Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Just happen to drive pass Botannia today. My overseas guest was commenting how come HDB flats have balcony. I was so embarrassed at their statement.
    Since all development whether HDB or Condo have balconies.

What different that you can tell your foreign friend, you represent Singapore if you are Native or PR.

HDB 99 years, Botannia 956 yrs
    CityView most expensive HDB like condo is 600psf for 99 yrs, while Botannia 850psf for 956yrs. (Your Children in Pri sch know which one to BUY)

HDB is not foreign eligible but Botannia is. HDB need to wait for 3 yrs in order to get rental yield but Botannia immediate.

The rest of the advantages I will let Blackjack21trader " The Botannia Protector" to continue.

Wes Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Botania (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Anyone went down to see Botania?
    How does it compare to Carabelle & Infiniti?
    Problem with Infinity is the traffic noise. You will NEVER be able to open your windows there without the roar of traffic.

I like Botannia because CDL is involved and they always do a great job on finishes and build.

Location for both is good because you've got busses on both sides. About 15 minutes to Vivo city. Surrounded by great schools etc...

Default Re: The Botania (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    ..... Surrounded by great schools etc...
    Yes, Nan Hua Pri is one of them.
    Have you checked the distance between Botannia and Nan Hua ??

Unregistered~~ Guest

Smile Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

I happened to browser thru cdl website. And I get to know there is such a condo in the west. Very nice indeed!

An agent offered me $800+ psf. Is it still a good buy? Although got rumours saying property pricing is coming down in the next 2 years.

By the way, this one still got offer deferred payment... meaning I just need to pay 5% cash only? And the rest is by cpf and bank loan?

Pls advise. Thank you~

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered~~
    I happened to browser thru cdl website. And I get to know there is such a condo in the west. Very nice indeed!

An agent offered me $800+ psf. Is it still a good buy? Although got rumours saying property pricing is coming down in the next 2 years.

By the way, this one still got offer deferred payment... meaning I just need to pay 5% cash only? And the rest is by cpf and bank loan?

Pls advise. Thank you~

You are living in 2007!LOL.

Unregistered~~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    You are living in 2007!LOL.
    deferred payment u meant? Thats what the agent told me... the launched was before the new annoucement. hmm...

deferred Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered~~

Pls advise. Thank you~
    Yes this one still has deferred payment.

So do a few other properties that just missed the deadline for the deferred payment ban.

stock4stock Guest

Thank you for your overwhelming response. The 3 bed-room unit at Botannia has been sold. Please do not pm me regarding this sales anymore. Bye!

Jimmy Guest

Default TOP Date

Folks,
    Just visited the site last week. Construction is in full swing. But still some towers are only uptp 5-6 floors. Long way to go? Is the April 30 2009 date (as psoted in this site) still achievable?

Also, I just wanted to find out the name of the contractor who did the show flats for Botannia. Excellent job and I want to go thru the same one if I can.

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Unregistered~~ Guest

MKPL Architects

Jimmy Guest

Default Interior Decorators

Thanks. But MKPL are the architects for the project right? I am interested in who did the ID for Botannia show flats? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Thanks. But MKPL are the architects for the project right? I am interested in who did the ID for Botannia show flats? Thanks
    ID work is done by MKPL as extracted here:

==============================================
    FACTS:
    Project name: Botannia
    Developer: City Developments Ltd (CDL) and CapitaLand
    Product type: Condominium
    Sales launch: April 2007
    Expected completion: 2009 (TOP)
    Tenure: 956-year leasehold
    Total land area: 37,847sqm (407,400sqft)
    Number of units: 493
    Unit sizes: 804-2,723sqft
    Price range: From S$1050psf
    Architect: MKPL Architects
    Interior design: MKPL Architects
    Landscape consultant: Cicada Pte Ltd

==================================================

Unregistered2 Guest

WORKER DIES AT CONDO BUILDING SITE A... - Jun 23, 2008
    WORKER DIES AT CONDO BUILDING SITE A WORKER collapsed and died on the 14th level of a tower crane at a West Coast Park condominium construction site yesterday morning. The man, who is in his 50s, is believed to be a Singapore permanent resident from the Philippines...

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    ID work is done by MKPL as extracted here:

==============================================
    FACTS:
    Project name: Botannia
    Developer: City Developments Ltd (CDL) and CapitaLand
    Product type: Condominium
    Sales launch: April 2007
    Expected completion: 2009 (TOP)
    Tenure: 956-year leasehold
    Total land area: 37,847sqm (407,400sqft)
    Number of units: 493
    Unit sizes: 804-2,723sqft
    Price range: From S$1050psf
    Architect: MKPL Architects
    Interior design: MKPL Architects
    Landscape consultant: Cicada Pte Ltd

==================================================
    Did you add in "Price range: From S$1050psf" ?

Unregisteredaaa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    WORKER DIES AT CONDO BUILDING SITE A... - Jun 23, 2008
    WORKER DIES AT CONDO BUILDING SITE A WORKER collapsed and died on the 14th level of a tower crane at a West Coast Park condominium construction site yesterday morning. The man, who is in his 50s, is believed to be a Singapore permanent resident from the Philippines...
    This cannot be Botannia as Botannia only 12 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredaaa
    This cannot be Botannia as Botannia only 12 levels.
    Infiniti also dun go up to 14th floor, that leave us with .....

Unregistering Guest

all the units in that area are up to 12 floor only as defined in the plot ratio. West Coast park developement are only infinti and botannia, carabelle is in west coast way. the parc is in west coast walk....

i remember watching this news on Channel 8, it shows Botannia site. The Parc also have not reach 14 storey.

Unregistered~~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    They should be one too.

Unregistered~~ Guest

Tower crane confirmed must be higher than the building mah, if not how to hoist. So, 14 storey is correct for a 12 storey building.

123 Guest

Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

After two years of exuberance, activity in the private housing market in Singapore has slowed to a near standstill. The number of new property sales, measured on a monthly basis, contracted 64.9 percent in April, as buyers became more cautious and took a wait-and-see attitude. As a result, several well-publicized launches have been put on the backburner for an indefinite period and some developers have started to drop asking prices, for example at The Lakeshore in Jurong West and Blu Coral in Telok Kurau.

An air of doom and gloom has settled over Singapore’s residential property market and vultures are circling, proclaiming the Singapore residential property market is about to collapse by 30-40 percent, but are they interpreting the facts correctly? Not all experts agree, with some calling the current market downturn more of a short-term blip rather than the beginning of a market collapse.

“The slowing of the property market is a natural development after prices skyrocketed on the back of very strong demand,” says Sherman Chan, an economist at Moody’s Economy.com, “but a 30-40 percent collapse is highly unlikely. The construction sector is an important growth driver for Singapore and I don’t think the government would let it collapse as there would be wider ramifications. Let’s not forget that the government imposed some measures last year to cool down the market and these measures could very well be lifted if need be.”

In recent weeks, several bearish reports have forecast a dramatic plunge in home values over the next two years. Barclays Capital believes private home prices could slide 28-30 percent by 2010, while Credit Suisse predicted a price decline of 30 percent in 2008-2009.

The bears are pointing to several factors suggesting the writing is on the wall. The stock of unsold condominiums (as measured by projects that have been issued a sales license) rose to 10,861 units in the first quarter of this year, 34 percent higher than the quarterly average in 2007 and back up to levels not seen since June 2005. Net CPF withdrawals for private property have turned negative for the first time, reflecting the decline in transaction as well as profit taking by local buyers who own more than one property. “This has never happened before, not even during the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis,” notes Barclay Capital economist Waiho Leong. And vacancy rates in non-landed property developments have also risen in recent months toward 6.3 percent, compared with 5.6 percent in the last quarter of 2007. Credit Suisse, in its recent report, argues that this will rise further to 9.8-19 percent, on a base and worst case scenario. This could in turn trigger a sharp fall in rentals further weakening the market. “The last time vacancies shot up from 5.8 percent to 9.7 percent, rentals fell by 41percent,” Credit Suisse Tricia Song wrote referring to the year 1996.

Casting long shadows on the markets are the estimated 66,000 home units expected to be completed between 2009-2012, as well as the possible unwinding of speculative purchases. Unless many of the developments that are currently in the pipeline are postponed, a cumulative surplus could provide a glut that will be felt most acutely in 2010, Leong warned.

The bears also argue that given the current thin sales environment, the small price growth recorded by the URA indices do not reflect sentiment and can easily be biased by a few high-end sales. A better gauge of sentiment is land prices and developers’ waning appetite for recent URA auctions, they say. In May, a 99-year residential leasehold site in Choa Chu Kang Drive attracted a top bid of only $203 per square foot per plot ratio, well below the $230-$270 psf ppr range the market had expected.

But not everybody agrees. “I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10 percent of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

“I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10% of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.
    Is there a need to post this piece of news everywhere?

Told you guys before, mass and mid-tier markets going up.

Curious Guest

What is mid-tier?
    D15, D8, D5?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    What is mid-tier?
    D15, D8, D5?
    2 years ago I told you, high end market moving up.
    You don't believe and missed the boat once.
    2 months ago I told you, mass and mid market moving up.
    You don't believe and missed the boat twice.
    Now I am telling you, West Coast projects shooting into the sky.
    You don't believe and what can I do ? You going to miss the boats all three times.

Hahahahahaha..

st michael Guest

hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Kovan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovan
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!
    2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.

Lily Guest

Yes, sifu!

Bot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.
    Wake up todays claddified quoting low low price. Hahaha price tumbling.