Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    everyone in the same designated research zone appears to be shooting at each others projects. for goodness sake, such actions are taboos in investment. It is similar to thrashing someone's lambo while driving a ferrari. or worse, critising a lexus while driving a bemmers- sheer ungentlemenly and crude.
    This is called jealousy and kiasu behaviour. Criticise others to make themselves look good.

compared to my neighbours in D9 who stand firm together, you guys really appear weak. maybe i should think of moving out before even moving in here and advise the same to my brothers.
    For all you know it is only one unregistered user who is doing this. Look at the condo.com.sg site, it is plagued by one single 1* user who goes around slamming every condo. The real owners of the condos know better than to take him seriously.

lucky I have not exercise my Purchase Agreements yet with the 2 D5 developers. Think I belong better in Skyscrapers D9, the people here are so defensive and aggressive, its like punching ur teammates in a game ,jesus. is this a thing with Singaporean or am I overly reactive??
    Don't tell me your belief in D5 has been shaken by this troublemaker? Surely you are better than that!

cos once I was in a taxi and all the things I hear from the taxi-driver is grumble grumble grumble about Singapore. man, I was wondering isit that he stays in Malaysia but works in Singapore ?
    Singaporeans love to complain. Look at the Sammyboy Alfresco Coffee Shop. Singaporeans in there complaining everyday about everything under the sun.

Even in New York or Hong Kong or even Taiwan, the taxi-drivers are all praises for their country.

cya later alligators, LOL
    Dunno about HK or Taiwan, maybe their taxi drivers are from the Mainland. But in NY, most of the taxi drivers there are from Asia, Middle East, and Africa. They are all praises for the USA because they fought like hell to get out of their impoverished countries to be able to work in the US. In Singapore, many are fighting to get out. If those NY taxi drivers were back in their home countries, they will be complaining as well.

cya!

yes i do admit i m being overly reactive.

Any unregistered reader can post here so I assumed it is not the same "unregistered" person going around blasting his gun.

anyway, i do agree with most of what alahdin and others just posted after my previous "overreactive" post . this is what i meant by being constructive in a post- give a true valid reason for an argument.

I can't tell whether the ones I refered to r jealous or not, but one thing for sure because I am considering moving into this district big time, so I a bit over-sensitive and so did not realise I have become bais in my perception as well.

Thanks for ur helpful comments, they really helped cooled me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

Don't tell me your belief in D5 has been shaken by this troublemaker? Surely you are better than that!

Dunno about HK or Taiwan, maybe their taxi drivers are from the Mainland. But in NY, most of the taxi drivers there are from Asia, Middle East, and Africa. They are all praises for the USA because they fought like hell to get out of their impoverished countries to be able to work in the US. In Singapore, many are fighting to get out. If those NY taxi drivers were back in their home countries, they will be complaining as well.

cya!
    I overreacted damit I was distorted in my views and comments as well LOL. about ur comments on the taxi-drivers i do agree wih u.

I agree that there are some unregistered around here, they also like to discourage pple by criticising others' posting.

what I did last time was to over it, and you realise that on the next evrybody just ignored him.

Anyway, glad to have you back

Got a friend looking at the west coast area, was too late for infiniti, any idea the latest av psf in botannia now ?

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    Does anyone have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange? I think they have positive impact on the 'West Coast Project' here
    Here's an image for the new Clementi bus interchange (with shops, offices & other commercial space + high rise HDB that resembles Toa Payoh Bus Interchange) coming soon...

Unregistered Guest

The HDB flats are actually on top of the interchange and shopping mall? Hmm this is something new. But it should be a rejuvenator for Clementi... that place has been looking pretty sloppy and run down of late..

Is that a swimming pool at the bottom right corner?

Unregistered Guest

Yes, a swimming pool for gold fish, or some frogs.

Today's newspaper mentions that it has sold 200 units, more recently at $710 psf. Congrat!

Unregistered Guest

With more projects coming up around this area, I see very little upside. Very soon this will become like Upper Bukit Timah/Hume area, over congested with condominiums, and prices remaining stagnant and even depreciating when the boom starts to slow down. Good luck to those vested.

Unregistered Guest

Don't be so quick shooting from the hip. All these projects are reincarnations of old condos which are sold en bloc. So, the population density will be roughly the same after all are completed and occupied. And the supply of housing in this area will only be slightly higher.

Unregistered Guest

Not all projects lar. Many are new lands. Anyway, the market is red-hot and booming and looks so rosy and optimistic just like the good old days of 1996. We all know what happens in 1997 and ten years following it. Buyers beware. Buy if you must, but don't pay the heavens for it. If got enbloc windfall, also don't throw money into the longkang. Pay reasonably. Or just rent first. "1997" will come again.

Market Watcher Guest

Not all projects lar. Many are new lands. Anyway, the market is red-hot and booming and looks so rosy and optimistic just like the good old days of 1996. We all know what happens in 1997 and ten years following it. Buyers beware. Buy if you must, but don't pay the heavens for it. If got enbloc windfall, also don't throw money into the longkang. Pay reasonably. Or just rent first. "1997" will come again.
    Don't understand why people keep mentioning 1996.
    It's 1989 - not 1996.
    1989 was a booming year! Just like 2007, a booming year too.

Unregistered Guest

not 1989 at all. economy then was growing at 10% plus year-on-year. if 5-6% it would have been a disaster that time. Now, growing at 4-6% and we happy like nuts. at tail-end of 1996 and early 1997, if i recall correctly, economy had slowed to 4-6% and went downhill in 1997 and many years after that (some recovery in 1999 to 2001 but shortlived and didn't have too much impact on property prices). this yr may not be "1996" but is definitely not "1989". the symptons resembles that of "1996" more than "1989" - people paying crazy prices, developers asking crazy prices, agents earning like crazy, and the middle-income no got enough to buy so going crazy unitl EC came along - like now. next year may not be "1997". it could be better or worse. the changing of the guards in uk & soon in the us allows a window for the markets and terrorists to wreak some havoc. in any case, the message is clear - don't pay crazy prices even if got enbloc windfall. pay reasonable prices.

Unregistered Guest

Botannia, the infiniti and Carabelle are all recycled condos. What I said is true for the west coast way area. Stellar, CW and VP are new condos, true. But they are low rises, and do not increase the supply too much.

Agree that we should be sensible. I will never pay the high prices of one north and rochester. We bought Carabelle and the price seemed reasonable compared with the others.

Economist Guest

not 1989 at all. economy then was growing at 10% plus year-on-year. if 5-6% it would have been a disaster that time. Now, growing at 4-6% and we happy like nuts. at tail-end of 1996 and early 1997, if i recall correctly, economy had slowed to 4-6% and went downhill in 1997 and many years after that (some recovery in 1999 to 2001 but shortlived and didn't have too much impact on property prices). this yr may not be "1996" but is definitely not "1989". the symptons resembles that of "1996" more than "1989" - people paying crazy prices, developers asking crazy prices, agents earning like crazy, and the middle-income no got enough to buy so going crazy unitl EC came along - like now. next year may not be "1997". it could be better or worse. the changing of the guards in uk & soon in the us allows a window for the markets and terrorists to wreak some havoc. in any case, the message is clear - don't pay crazy prices even if got enbloc windfall. pay reasonable prices.

Please! All economic activities have cycle one.
    Next year will not be 1997 for property cycle.

Teacher Guest

Default MarQ 1st Phase Fully Sold At Average $4,137 psf With The Highest Achieved $5,100 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Paterson
    28 June 2007

First Phase of The Marq Fully Sold
    Units sold at an average S$4,137 psf, with a highest price of S$5,100 psf

Singapore, 28 June 2007 - SC Global Developments Ltd, one of Singapore’s leading developers of exclusive luxury residences, is pleased to announce that it received overwhelming response to the first phase of private previews for its ultra luxurious residential development, The Marq On Paterson Hill (‘The Marq’). Previews were by invitation only.

The first phase – about a third of all available apartments – comprising 21 units from the two blocks, Premier Tower and Signature Tower – have been fully sold. The average selling price achieved was $4,137 per square foot. Of the 21 units sold, eight apartments were within The Signature Tower, highly coveted for its signature 15-metre private lap pool in every unit. Prices for the entire development ranged from approximately S$11 million to S$31 million, with a unit in the Signature Tower achieving S$5,100 psf.

The Marq on Paterson Hill is 24 storeys high; the 3 penthouses which occupy the top two floors of the building and apartments on the higher floors were not released in the first phase of private previews. The Signature Tower will be home to 21 ultra spacious 5 –bedroom apartments averaging 6,195 sq ft, beside it will stand the Premier Tower with 42 luxuriously appointed 4 –bedroom apartments averaging 3,000 sq ft.

SC Global Developments has no confirmed date for the release of the second phase of units at this point.

If you all don't mind, can kindly stop arguing about the difference of $200 psf or $500 psf? Don't let the $510 psf make you look stupid.

If you want to engage in an argument, try $5,100 psf.

Default Re: MarQ 1st Phase Fully Sold At Average $4,137 psf With The Highest Achieved $5,100 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher
    If you all don't mind, can kindly stop arguing about the difference of $200 psf or $500 psf? Don't let the $510 psf make you look stupid.

what is your point going around the forums telling pple about your $5100psf thingy ???

Default Re: MarQ 1st Phase Fully Sold At Average $4,137 psf With The Highest Achieved $5,100

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher

If you were at that rich level, please go back to your world. But I doubt you are, as one buying at $5100 doesn't bother to read this forum. He would be stupid if he did come to this group.

Keen Guest

Default Re: MarQ 1st Phase Fully Sold At Average $4,137 psf With The Highest Achieved $5,100

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    If you were at that rich level, please go back to your world. But I doubt you are, as one buying at $5100 doesn't bother to read this forum. He would be stupid if he did come to this group.

I am not from $5,100 psf.
    I am from $1,500 psf.
    Can I join this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Keen
    I am not from $5,100 psf.
    I am from $1,500 psf.
    Can I join this thread?
    if you are keen, why not?? ha ha!

btw, I just found out why there are so few launches .....how can I forget...
    the developers are avoiding the Hungry Ghost Month.

I think we will see more launches in Aug, at least that is when The Parc (Westpeak) will be launched.

I know quite a few pple are watching the launch price for this one...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Economist
    Please! All economic activities have cycle one.
    Next year will not be 1997 for property cycle.
    I doubt that the government will try to quash this round of property boom with as much rigor as it did in 1996. Look at what happened after they took the anti-speculation measures in 1996? The market crashed, the economy tanked, and the country was an economic waste land for almost a decade.

I am not saying that the government will do nothing to stop the real estate price inflation. I am saying that they will be extra cautious in dealing with the so called "bubble" to make sure it does not inflate suddenly and violently. It is probably safe to buy properties for now, to a certain extent. When it gets really out of hand, then it is time to wait for anti-speculation measures. It is not that time yet.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    if you are keen, why not?? ha ha!

btw, I just found out why there are so few launches .....how can I forget...
    the developers are avoiding the Hungry Ghost Month.

I think we will see more launches in Aug, at least that is when The Parc (Westpeak) will be launched.

I know quite a few pple are watching the launch price for this one...
    If west peak is launched at $800 psf, then those who have bought Carabelle for less than %600 psf will look smart.

Will westpeak be lauched at $850 or $900? Who knows, it is possible given the current craze.

I doubt that the government will try to quash this round of property boom with as much rigor as it did in 1996. Look at what happened after they took the anti-speculation measures in 1996? The market crashed, the economy tanked, and the country was an economic waste land for almost a decade.

I am not saying that the government will do nothing to stop the real estate price inflation. I am saying that they will be extra cautious in dealing with the so called "bubble" to make sure it does not inflate suddenly and violently. It is probably safe to buy properties for now, to a certain extent. When it gets really out of hand, then it is time to wait for anti-speculation measures. It is not that time yet.
    With MBT in charge.Sg will be safe.
    MBT is sharp and shrewd.He's got the Midas touch.

Unregistered Guest

yes, the will act only when the outlying areas like the west coast fetch more than 2000 psf. We are no where near that.

I suspect 1300 psf for rochester is tolerable for MBT. By the way, most of the anti-speculation measures instated in 1996 are still in place. I doubt they will instate new measures to stop the "bubble." As Alan Greenspan said, it is hard for the smartest people to tell between bubbles and genuine price appreciation. It is therefore dangerous to artificially quash any price appreciation.

Unregistered Guest

If west peak is launched at $800 psf, then those who have bought Carabelle for less than %600 psf will look smart.

Will westpeak be lauched at $850 or $900? Who knows, it is possible given the current craze.

called them, and was only told that it will definitely be more than 700psf.

I think it will be between 750-800 psf at soft launch, anyway 1st phase of soft launch are for WP residents only, not sure if they will have another preview launch for interested buyers before main launch though.

I think it will be around 800psf or more at main launch...

Talking Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

read today's article on expats buying homes. told u my pals and me r coming to Botannia in a big way, didn't I ?

Unregistered Guest

read today's article on expats buying homes. told u my pals and me r coming to Botannia in a big way, didn't I ?
    ya la ya la u very the clever la. u s spot on la. u the hero. told u this told u that. go buy lar. buy all la. buy big big. u so clever one what. buy all lor. earn all lor. big big. no small small one hor.

Unregistered Guest

All my expat friend who are interested in buying already bought at least three months ago. Those who didn't, some of them are thinking about leaving when their contracts end