Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thanks for your input ...

this sounds serious ...

we should high light to the authority .. to bring to their attention .. to warn all residents also in Varsity park, Spectrum, 33 west, horizon tower , all the landed around there ..the child care .. the new construction opposite stellar ...also all the food operators .... including Macdonalds

any idea which ministeries should we approach ?
    NEA would be a start. basically, living within 100 meters of a major source of pollution is dangerous to your health, increasing the chance of heart diseases, and the hardening of your blood vessels.

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.

not forgetting ...the Hong Kong developer, whos planning to invest in Spore property ...west coast in particular ...
    Ask the hong kong developers to share his opinion on the stellar. I am sure he will say this is not a good place to build a condo. So many factors conspire to make the air quality at the junction of clementi road and west coast road very poor, I am wondering why would any one pay even 500 psf to buy a unit at the condo. ignorance is probably the only way to explain why some people pay 700-800psf for a unit there.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    wrong. If what you said is true, then there is no point buying property in D9 or D10. these districts are only 6 to 10 km from jurong island, not much further than west coast. In the west coast area, carabelle, botannia are about 5 to 6 km from jurong island, vs. 3.5 km for the stellar and VP. If you put your money where your mouth is, you would sell your stellar unit and buy carabelle or botannia. I am telling you, giving the proximity to jurong island, to pasir panjang port, to west coast highway, to clementi road, and to the flyover yet to be built, the stellar residents literally are living in a chemical soup, which can cut your life short substantially. instead of mocking and fighting me, you stellar residents should thank me for sounding the alarm.
    Stop wasting your time when you clearly have a hidden agenda. This has gotten too far especially with your constant cursing about others' health and also bringing the children and wives in the picture...You should be more concerned about your family more than anything else. I admire your courage in writing all these nonsense which still hasn't caused the price of Stellar or even Varsity Park to drop to the kind of level that you anticipated.

no hidden agenda. given what I just said, you think I would even consider buying a unit at the stellar. come on, you think i am stupid or crazy.

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.[/quote]

if thats the case ..

then Alexis, Metropolitan at alexandra ...
    all condos along Stevens rd ...scotts like Scotts 28, Cairnhill Crest...
    all condos on both sides of Paterson ...
    all condos along Rivervalley from Aspen Height, Imperial thru to Domain 21 ... these are real major roads...
    even St Regis, the old Marco polo, ...
    Carribean, The Pearl...major truck routes ..

they dont deserve that kind of premium ...they truly are major roadside condos ...

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.
    if thats the case ..

all condos along Rivervalley from Aspen Height, Imperial thru to Domain 21 ... these are real major roads...

they dont deserve that kind of premium ...they truly are major roadside condos ...

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?
    some of these condos you mentioned are close to major road, but they are large, so some of the units nestled inside the project will be healthy to live in.

What you don't want to buy are units in a small project near major sources of noise and pollution, such as the stellar and spectrum, where you will not escape from noise or pollution whichever unit you live in.

Another example is lysville 331, which are clustered houses nestled between pasir panjang road and the west coast highway. this project is beset on both sides by noise and pollution. And since it is a small project, no unit is healthy to live in.

Another project nearby, juluca, is much healthier. it is north of pasir panjang road, and so further away from west coast highway. and since it is a larger project, some units there are healthier to live in.

if thats the case ..

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?[/quote]

oh ..i almost forgot ..Novena ... from thomson 800 to novena mrt .. Balestier ...

from Fort road to changi airport ...

from Sim Lim to King Albert park , right thru Bukit timah and dunear rd ... all the way to mindef ...

so many condos along major roads ...

so how ??

i shouldnt have sold my good old Windermere ...

basically, before you commit, use google earth to measure the distance of the unit from a major source of noise and pollution nearby. 100 meters away is the minimum, and 200 meters are even better.

Of course, some sources of pollution cannot be avoided altogether. For example, americans try to avoid living within 30 miles of a refinery. The whole of singapore lie within 30 miles of jurong island. so, you cannot really do what the amercans do unless you choose to live in malaysia.

But any measure you take to safeguard your health and your loved ones' is a good thing to do. And do the best you can do to provide a healthy environment for your little ones, so they don't get diseases such as asthma or heart diseases from breathing unhealthy air.

When we bought carabelle, we thought about AYE. that is why, we choose a unit 100 meters away and shielded by the infiniti. while there is still some risk, it is nothing compared with living at the stellar.

When we bought carabelle, we thought about AYE. that is why, we choose a unit 100 meters away and shielded by the infiniti. while there is still some risk, it is nothing compared with living at the stellar.[/quote]

in that case .. if i am considering River valley ..the obvious choice would be Regency park .. but its too expensive ... the other boutique condo will be too small a project .. leaving Valley Park ..with big land .. and below 900 psf ...

Steven rd will be out completely cos all small projects and road side ..

novena out as well ..

so Valley park wil be the best ..in terms of size and price

not forgetting ...the Hong Kong developer, whos planning to invest in Spore property ...west coast in particular ...

Which side of West Coast ? West Coast is very long Also anybody has an idea when CDL is launching the Hong Leong Garden site ?