Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

why buy here i would buy one north or the rochester any day.

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Can also lah.
    It doesn't really matter. As long as you buy.
    All in District what!

Cool Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

All my expat friend who are interested in buying already bought at least three months ago. Those who didn't, some of them are thinking about leaving when their contracts end
    well very obviously ur pals and my pals are from different background. we r a group of serial enblocers out to make it happen in Botannia- jus watch the URA prices after 15 July, rookies.

very soon in about 3 months , u will see the reasons why we chose Botannia's location. dun say I never tell u first down here, rookies.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    very soon in about 3 months , u will see the reasons why we chose Botannia's location. dun say I never tell u first down here, rookies.
    cheers!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

well very obviously ur pals and my pals are from different background. we r a group of serial enblocers out to make it happen in Botannia- jus watch the URA prices after 15 July, rookies.
    Excuse me, brother
    Why are we talking enbloc here when it is not even built?
    Are you thinking about some really new concept by buying up all the units in Botania before it starts its contruction? Why not just buys the lands from developer and I am sure they will give you a deep discount

Hi Blackjack...,

It's been sometime since your last post...

Wow !! your "reason" applies to Botannia only or projects in the area ???

Talking Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Hi Blackjack...,

It's been sometime since your last post...

Wow !! your "reason" applies to Botannia only or projects in the area ???
    hi ht, since u are so friendly, i will let a hint to you. this hint applies to all projects in the area:

back in 1990s, before some of u guys were born, the major developers targeted the meyer area in the east for development much as they are doing now in the exact mirror of it in the west. In a mere short 5 years, prices psf shot from s$700psf to S$1000psf. i suspect the price momentum is going to be more now given the current market situation. i can feel the "heat" and "rush" now as it were then. u go down there to the hong leong garden, drive around the area, and maybe u will be like me, feel the rhythm of a big thing coming that way....go feel it....if u do not feel it, 3 months down the road, someone will surely tell you. or if u are a research kind of guy, find out how much lands there are now already secretly taken over by big names developers. well guys, fact is the privilege info is known only by the fews and they are not telling you untill they had saturated the investment themselves.

one more thing to add, which is better ? to go into prime area to get a piece now and resell OR to go into a non prime area, grab a piece and watch it metamorphosis into prime area.

cya later, alligators

Unregistered Guest

hi ht, since u are so friendly, i will let a hint to you. this hint applies to all projects in the area:

back in 1990s, before some of u guys were born, the major developers targeted the meyer area in the east for development much as they are doing now in the exact mirror of it in the west. In a mere short 5 years, prices psf shot from s$700psf to S$1000psf. i suspect the price momentum is going to be more now given the current market situation. i can feel the "heat" and "rush" now as it were then. u go down there to the hong leong garden, drive around the area, and maybe u will be like me, feel the rhythm of a big thing coming that way....go feel it....if u do not feel it, 3 months down the road, someone will surely tell you. or if u are a research kind of guy, find out how much lands there are now already secretly taken over by big names developers. well guys, fact is the privilege info is known only by the fews and they are not telling you untill they had saturated the investment themselves.
    I used to drive to Hong Leong garden almost everyday for lunch in the past, but lately, I go there only three to four time per month. The area is very dusty now as so many condos are being built and many more will be torn down. If you look carefully, there are plenty of old houses and old condo development in that area and I suspect that area is going to be noisy and dusty for sometime to come. I would not want to live in a area that every turn I make, I see a construction site. I guess that is the heat that you are referring to. For price to appreciate, rental will eventually an important measure and because of the dust and congestion and so many up and coming condos, I suspect the upside for rental is rather limited and this will eventually put a pressure on property price.

Unregistered Guest

What the guy upstairs is saying is true, but only for the short term. After 2011, there would be no more construction in the area, and what you will see is gleaming condos, and laughter of kids playing in the pool, and a brand new shopping center, and most important of all, new faces of middle class people who escaped the stifling heat and traffic of the CBD.

That would be a paradise and a new community. Prices you pay now are low for that kind of future.

I am not an agent, but we bought in the area, because we see a great potential for this area. We want to have the first mover advantage.

Unregistered Guest

We bought a unit in this area this year. We could've bought a unit at Varsity Park. We even visited the varsity park showflats. We felt that being close to NUS is not an advantage, but rather an disadvantage. My wife used to be a graduate student at NUS, and many of her classmates stayed at westbay. that is why westbay declined dramatically over the years, from a good condo with stable population to a lousy one with shifting, transient student populations. Students are busy, and and they cannot keep the place clean, and they crowd the swimming pools on the weekend, making noise and making it unpleasant for family to swim. Gryphon terrace is another example. It is just so run down and dirty now, chuck full of NUS students.

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryphon terrace.

Unregistered Guest

yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.

Unregistered Guest

Stellar residents would be in the same boat.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Stellar residents would be in the same boat.
    Stellar,clementiwoods and varsity would be in the same boat as caribbean.

Unregistered Guest

yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.
    Yes, most investors buy varsity park to rent to students. Not a good thing for the condo.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Yes, most investors buy varsity park to rent to students. Not a good thing for the condo.
    Rent market price going up,the force is pushing the students toward this location.Rental lower because of location,students can cycle to NUS-----2.6km.Good lah

Unregistered Guest

What the guy upstairs is saying is true, but only for the short term. After 2011, there would be no more construction in the area, and what you will see is gleaming condos, and laughter of kids playing in the pool, and a brand new shopping center, and most important of all, new faces of middle class people who escaped the stifling heat and traffic of the CBD.

That would be a paradise and a new community. Prices you pay now are low for that kind of future.

I am not an agent, but we bought in the area, because we see a great potential for this area. We want to have the first mover advantage.
    By 2011, many areas in Sinagpore will be facing over supply problem and I think the problem will be evn more serious in the west cost area. Many of my welathy friends who are heavy into property investing are all position to sell in the months ahead, esp for property locating outside central areas.

Unregistered Guest

Agree with all the no-buy calls above.

Unregistered Guest

We bought a unit in this area this year. We could've bought a unit at Varsity Park. We even visited the varsity park showflats. We felt that being close to NUS is not an advantage, but rather an disadvantage. My wife used to be a graduate student at NUS, and many of her classmates stayed at westbay. that is why westbay declined dramatically over the years, from a good condo with stable population to a lousy one with shifting, transient student populations. Students are busy, and and they cannot keep the place clean, and they crowd the swimming pools on the weekend, making noise and making it unpleasant for family to swim. Gryphon terrace is another example. It is just so run down and dirty now, chuck full of NUS students.

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryp
    hon terrace.
    You are naive thinking that your condo is far from NUS and therefore no students will be interested. NUS is very big, unless you are at business school, you need to take some form of transportation to Westbay. In terms of public transport, it is much easier and faster to reach Carebelle than Westbay as there are a few bus along AYE you can take and carebelle is only two bus stop away.

Unregistered Guest

You are naive thinking that your condo is far from NUS and therefore no students will be interested. NUS is very big, unless you are at business school, you need to take some form of transportation to Westbay. In terms of public transport, it is much easier and faster to reach Carebelle than Westbay as there are a few bus along AYE you can take and carebelle is only two bus stop away.
    We are talking about varsity park, not west bay. varsity park in across the street from a bus depot which lies just below a bus for NUS internal buses. thus, it is very very convenient for student who live in varsity park to get access to internal buses of NUS. That is why we believe that varsity park will be just another student hostel, especially for foreign students.

Not for us. Carabelle is not far from NUS, but it is farther.

Unregistered Guest

By 2011, many areas in Sinagpore will be facing over supply problem and I think the problem will be evn more serious in the west cost area. Many of my welathy friends who are heavy into property investing are all position to sell in the months ahead, esp for property locating outside central areas.
    I thought the property market is in a boom period. Why does these weathly people want to sell at this booming time when there is a supply crunch in the short term and the price keep going up.

Just curious.

open your eyes Guest

one more thing to add, which is better ? to go into prime area to get a piece now and resell OR to go into a non prime area, grab a piece and watch it metamorphosis into prime area.

cya later, alligators
    Buying into undervalued areas with good potential. Good strategy of many an investor.

100% agree. This is what I did with Novena condos. A few years ago, Novena condos were so cheap so I bought a couple. I saw the future potential of the location. Fast forward to today, location never changed, MRT is still there. Today, they are worth more than twice the $$ and is considered a desirable prime area to rent in by expats. And it is still going to go up a lot more from here, mark my words.

Another area I identified was the Holt Road/ Nathan Rd/ Shanghai Rd/ Mutiara area. Last time $700 psf, today $1500 psf, tomorrow you can bet on $2500 psf and higher when all the old buildings torn down, small plots combine to form big plots, and glitzy shiny new luxury condos come up in their place. This is so near Orchard and Grange Road.

Open your eyes, and see the gold beneath the old crumbling buildings.

Unregistered Guest

I thought the property market is in a boom period. Why does these weathly people want to sell at this booming time when there is a supply crunch in the short term and the price keep going up.

Just curious.
    They bought in 1999-2005, so you they they need to buy more? They are position to sell in the coming months bacuse the property outside the fringe areas have already gone up a lot in a very short time and is likely to be in a position running ahead of fundamentals. In any investment, you can't predict the best time to take profit, but because they accumulate property at a depressed market and the profit is very substantial even to let go now.

Unregistered Guest

really, they bought in 1999-2005. Which condo was available in the west coast area at that time? None.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, that guy is just a lier, lier lier pants on fire.

Unregistered Guest

really, they bought in 1999-2005. Which condo was available in the west coast area at that time? None.
    Spectrum, Varsity Park, Stellar, Foliage, Maylea, Blue Horizon, etc etc

Unregistered Guest

Most of these condos were launched at 2006 and slightly before that. Your friends bought all of these in 2005? What did they buy in 1999-2004?

Unregistered Guest

spectrum, varsity park were launched long ago during the downturn 2001-2003.

blue horizon maybe 2001 or before that.

i dunno which 1999 launch he's talking about. possibly blue horizon.

Unregistered Guest

Most of these condos were launched at 2006 and slightly before that. Your friends bought all of these in 2005? What did they buy in 1999-2004?
    no, you are wrong. your ignorance tells me that you have been in the market only since 2006. Foliage and Maylea launched in 2004/2005.