Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    really, they bought in 1999-2005. Which condo was available in the west coast area at that time? None.
    You mean wealthy investors have to buy brand new condos? on deferred payment scheme? How about old condos including looking out for condos with enbloc potantials? How about terrace houses?

Unregistered Guest

So, your friends bought all these during the SARS outbreak. I owe them credit for braving death to buy condos.

Unregistered Guest

Please ask you friends to unload his holdings ASAP. Then we can buy them cheap. but please don't unload blue horizon and varsity park, we won't buy those cheap looking condos.

Unregistered Guest

Time to unload all these condos. Holding will lead to potntial big loss. Now crazy and red-hot market, so can sell and stupid people will buy. Once the market returns to sanity, this place will be begging people to buy again, like in the recent old days.

Unregistered Guest

So, your friends bought all these during the SARS outbreak. I owe them credit for braving death to buy condos.
    I guess you don't like how wealthy peoples operate. In the private banking division of UBS, there is property consultants (normally they were as senior property agants for many years) that work for them. Some of them bought up properties without even seeing them, purely based on trust of these professionals.

Unregistered Guest

Time to unload all these condos. Holding will lead to potntial big loss. Now crazy and red-hot market, so can sell and stupid people will buy. Once the market returns to sanity, this place will be begging people to buy again, like in the recent old days.
    Most likely in the third or fourth quarter 2010, you will start to see the property sector to show weakness. Things will definitely won't look good from 2012...

Registered Guest

Most likely in the third or fourth quarter 2010, you will start to see the property sector to show weakness. Things will definitely won't look good from 2012...
    2012 ... could be 2011 too. Around there.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    hi ht, since u are so friendly, i will let a hint to you. this hint applies to all projects in the area:

back in 1990s, before some of u guys were born, the major developers targeted the meyer area in the east for development much as they are doing now in the exact mirror of it in the west. In a mere short 5 years, prices psf shot from s$700psf to S$1000psf. i suspect the price momentum is going to be more now given the current market situation. i can feel the "heat" and "rush" now as it were then. u go down there to the hong leong garden, drive around the area, and maybe u will be like me, feel the rhythm of a big thing coming that way....go feel it....if u do not feel it, 3 months down the road, someone will surely tell you. or if u are a research kind of guy, find out how much lands there are now already secretly taken over by big names developers. well guys, fact is the privilege info is known only by the fews and they are not telling you untill they had saturated the investment themselves.
    Thanks Black...

Great news indeed

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

We bought a unit in this area this year. We could've bought a unit at Varsity Park. We even visited the varsity park showflats. We felt that being close to NUS is not an advantage, but rather an disadvantage. My wife used to be a graduate student at NUS, and many of her classmates stayed at westbay. that is why westbay declined dramatically over the years, from a good condo with stable population to a lousy one with shifting, transient student populations. Students are busy, and and they cannot keep the place clean, and they crowd the swimming pools on the weekend, making noise and making it unpleasant for family to swim. Gryphon terrace is another example. It is just so run down and dirty now, chuck full of NUS students.

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryphon terrace.
    Very big that you bought a place at CARABELLE and have greater potential to rent to NUS students because of lower rental.

Just met my agent, he told me that Botannia has gone >750psf !!

True?? Wow!!

yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.
    Talking about SMELL.... my friend sold his landed property and shift to Serangoon as he can't take the polluted air and smell from the industrial estate.

Sell now and in future you will be priced out.

Talking Re: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by durian
    Talking about SMELL.... my friend sold his landed property and shift to Serangoon as he can't take the polluted air and smell from the industrial estate.
    please, the industrial estate is zoned as light industries. too bad your friend just moved as he is misiing out on something big . take him to see a doctor about the smell, could be his nose or did he miss out the old news about the alexandra distripark ?
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 13-07-07 at 07:46.

please, the industrial estate is zoned as light industries. too bad your friend just moved as he is misiing out on something big . take him to see a doctor about the smell, could be his nose or did he miss out the old news about the alexandra distripark ?
    I don't stay around the area but I was surprised to hear from him regarding the "smell" as I only know boonlay area do smell of cocoa etc....anyway gdluck to those vested. I think the redevelopment of alexandra district park into a financial hub looks promising for the neighbouring properties in pasir panjang

Unregistered Guest

I don't doubt that you did not make this up. We live on Clementi road for seven years, and we visited the west coast area frequently. We don't smell anything unusual. Perhaps our nose is not as good as your friends'. he must be a blood hound. should work for CID.

Unregistered Guest

I don't doubt that you did not make this up. We live on Clementi road for seven years, and we visited the west coast area frequently. We don't smell anything unusual. Perhaps our nose is not as good as your friends'. he must be a blood hound. should work for CID.
    Smell. Got sure got smell. Everywhere in SIngapore also got smell wat. Got blood hounds everywhere oso. Very smelly man. West Coast extra smell becos of the port, containers, big trucks and smoke from J.Island. But it is not that smelly compared to many other places in Singapore.

Unregistered Guest

Was told that all the available 4 bed rms are sold out but there are still 3 bed rms available.....

I think it will sold out soon Parc Condo is out...

Unregistered Guest

Parc condo will not dare to be launched until all the dengue warning banners come down.

Last I checked, they were more concerned about the hungry ghost....

It will be strange if buyers dun buy bcos of Dengue...

Unregistered Guest

Smell. Got sure got smell. Everywhere in SIngapore also got smell wat. Got blood hounds everywhere oso. Very smelly man. West Coast extra smell becos of the port, containers, big trucks and smoke from J.Island. But it is not that smelly compared to many other places in Singapore.
    The dengue problem seems not to be able to go away in the west coast area in spite of dozens of inspectors from ENV and hundreds of volunteers combing the areas for weeks. Conclusion: the area is more filthy than most areas in Singapore. This could be a problem to folks who are thinking buying property in that area.

If you don't believe what I said, just ask yourself why don't you see problem of this sort in more upscale areas such as bukit timah even though in bukit timah, you have far more natural habitats for mosquitos breeding.

The dengue problem seems not to be able to go away in the west coast area in spite of dozens of inspectors from ENV and hundreds of volunteers combing the areas for weeks. Conclusion: the area is more filthy than most areas in Singapore. This could be a problem to folks who are thinking buying property in that area.

If you don't believe what I said, just ask yourself why don't you see problem of this sort in more upscale areas such as bukit timah even though in bukit timah, you have far more natural habitats for mosquitos breeding.
    that is why something BIG is going to happen here soon that is so drastic that it will even take away the problem of dengune once and for all, let alone the problem of boats and what have you. You'll see in next month's around 15 August news mark my words.

Unregistered Guest

that is why something BIG is going to happen here soon that is so drastic that it will even take away the problem of dengune once and for all, let alone the problem of boats and what have you. You'll see in next month's around 15 August news mark my words.

Interesting... any insight to what you referring to???

Unregistered Guest

Are you referring to something good or bad that is going to happen?

Unregistered Guest

The Singapore Double Train ?

U r really scaring the hell out of many people. I am now imagining that someone going to drop a bomb there to eradicate all diseases and people, like what I have seen on the show "Outbreak".

Are you referring to something good or bad that is going to happen?
    o its something good of course.

Unregistered Guest

Dengue is a current issue affecting Singapore islandwide. West Coast is only one area affected among others. By the time The Parc and other projects are completed in arnd 3-4 yrs time, I believe the Govt would hv resolved this.

The master plan is to make Singapore a safe global city attracting foreign money. Surely this includes making rich foreigners feel safe from disease; otherwise they won't invest here.

Those buying to stay/long term investors will be looking to the future, when the West Coast area will be reasonably placed as a mid-tier area. Only short-sighted, short-term speculators/flippers fear current conditions.

Unregistered Guest

Dengue is a current issue affecting Singapore islandwide. West Coast is only one area affected among others. By the time The Parc and other projects are completed in arnd 3-4 yrs time, I believe the Govt would hv resolved this.

The master plan is to make Singapore a safe global city attracting foreign money. Surely this includes making rich foreigners feel safe from disease; otherwise they won't invest here.

Those buying to stay/long term investors will be looking to the future, when the West Coast area will be reasonably placed as a mid-tier area. Only short-sighted, short-term speculators/flippers fear current conditions.
    I guess you missed the point. Certainly, dengue problem will go away eventually, but I think he/she meant the dengue problem reveal some of the truly filthy areas in Sinagpore. Many areas in SIngapore looks (could be deceiving) as or even more filthy than west coast area, but they have not had outbreak of dengue.

Unregistered Guest

Rochester sold out at crazy prices. By the time Parc launch, the price will be ridiculous. Rochester was supposed to be launched at 550 psf if you dig the past reports. but sold in excess of 1kpsf. More like 1.3k based from what i heard from banker. It looks like Botannia is a steal now. whoever is thinking of waiting, please think cautiously. The prices are now on a run away. Food for thought.

Unregistered Guest

Rochester sold out at crazy prices. By the time Parc launch, the price will be ridiculous. Rochester was supposed to be launched at 550 psf if you dig the past reports. but sold in excess of 1kpsf. More like 1.3k based from what i heard from banker. It looks like Botannia is a steal now. whoever is thinking of waiting, please think cautiously. The prices are now on a run away. Food for thought.
    You must be joking by comparing Botania to Rochester
    Rochester are in direct access of two MRT lines and a host of modern hip cultural and entertainment infrastructures, Botania is at the junction of jurong industrial estate. Yes, Botania is almost freehold, but these days anything consider hip and upcoming are almost exclusively leasehold and no one would pay attention to this other than older generation of locals who are still obssessing with this sort of thing.