Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i dont know but i think if the noise gets too unbearable ... with NUS being there ... i am sure govt/LTA will ensure its not going to be that bad
    Not forgetting that West Coast Park is just next to it...I am sure NEA would have taken action if the noise and air quality is really that bad in that area. I still see a lot of young family hanging there every week.

i've been reading the past few pages and i wonder to myself ... can't you all realize the fact that we all differ in our own views? isn't that the beauty in life? to know that we are unique ourselves.

one must be able to look at different views. we cannot convince everyone to accept our own viewpoints but we shouldn't "talk down" other people's views just to achieve that.

to "talk down" other people's comments without proper justification just shows me the kind of person behind the keyboard and that pseudo-name.

learn to live and let live. can't you guys agree to differ?

for the record, i am not vested in any of the developments mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    Not forgetting that West Coast Park is just next to it...I am sure NEA would have taken action if the noise and air quality is really that bad in that area. I still see a lot of young family hanging there every week.
    Speaking of NEA, god know what is stored in the NEA warehouse next to the stellar. have you ever wondered?

If the government really worried about the health of park goers in west coast park, they would've thought twice before deciding to expand the port. but did they? come on, don't be so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    what does NUS have to do with anything. NUS is not next to west coast highway. The stellar is.

go ahead, put your money where your mouth is. buy the stellar, and see if you will make money or enjoy your life at the stellar.
    like i said i am gathering info/opinions.. i appreaciate all inputs ...

i see your arguments .. though not all of them ...

Speaking of NEA, god know what is stored in the NEA warehouse next to the stellar. have you ever wondered?

If the government really worried about the health of park goers in west coast park, they would've thought twice before deciding to expand the port. but did they? come on, don't be so naive.
    I think you are right that I am naive because if the government is concerned about our health, they would not have allowed blocks of flats to be built next to a busy highway.

hahaha

thanks for the Title ..

many years back i bought WIndermere at Yew Tee ...then Yew Mei green was launched , at a higher price ...

when it came time to sell ... YEw MEi owners was asking for much higher price , and agents said becos it was launched high, owners bought high, so they sell high ...

so i wonder where are those agents now ..when Varsity park was launch much much lower than the FH in the same area .. and YET they are selling NOT much lower , than the FH ...why ?

what happen to the buy low sell low theory from those agents ?

cant help but feel agents are the least trust-able people ...
    I know what you mean, it a free market so to speak and NO buyer should undertake the former bid of owner be it higher or lower. I heard about the Yew Mei & Windermere case but.. how does it correspond with FH & LH tenure??

I agree that in general FH is better than LH, but let me point out there are a lot of lousy FH condos in the pasir Panjang area. Spectrum, the stellar, foliage, Maylea, Estiva....

All of these FH condos feature a tiny land area, and serious air quality and noise problems. At roughly same prices, I would rather stay in Varsity Park, which features a huge land area. Indeed, I said a lot of bad things about Varsity Park, but it is still a better condo than the stellar.
    Stalin, hold your brake.
    Spectrum, Stellar or Foliage, etc are Condominium Classification.
    Estiva, Murano or LuxVille, etc are Apartment Classification.

It 2 different things and not meant to compare. At least URA and me say so. I never agree or disagree a FH is better than a LH. I only believe you buy cheap you can win already.

All the 3, CW, Stellar & VP so so only.. nothing impressive. Be it FH or LH, height restriction don't bother much. Just buy from developer after a slump, stay and help to make it run down, bail out before 10years at minimum 100psf gain can already.

Btw, both the carparks in VP & Stellar suck. But still better than FEO MSC though..

yes i did ask

but my question is ..WHY WOULD YOU PAY HIGHER FOR 99 yr than a FH ..when they are next to each other ?

in your opinion VP is better .. but as a buyer wouldnt you at worst pay same as a FH and not more ?

your reply was that you would pay more ... and thats puzzling ..

considering that you have so many theories as to why stellar is less desirable to VP, and your knowledge of property mkt and yet you value it higher ???

base on your reasons...if Stellar is worth 500 psf then i would bargain for VP to 400 psf as they are next to each other and it is 99 yr ..
    Proud! Tenure is one important factor but that not the ENTIRE factor. You really make me use the stupid vpn and access my company data.

On SISV standards.
    Unit to land-ratio; (Compare via equal plot ratio)

The Stellar Condominium
    Varsity Park Condominium
    Clementiwoods Condominium

This is what stalin trying to imply but I pull out figure. The Stellar is more congested.

On URA/BCA Carpark Requirement >70%

The Stellar Condominium
    <1
    Varsity Park Condominium

See? And if one don't project living more than 10years then to hell with the tenure. Gain on PSF can already. FYI, no 99LH had ever expire on lease in Singapore YET!

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    I think there is another thread which was posted by someone who wish to learn more about FH vs. LH.

May I ask the experienced bros & sis to enlighten if any difference between FH & LH999 please?

As for FH vs. LH99, I personally prefer FH ... LH99 really has to have a v good location to give that kinda of pricing advantages ...
    999 years? Don't bother lah. Industry practice tag to FH.

Sun Wu Kong got slam under the hill by buddha for 500years.
    999 years? hahahhahah...

Proud! Look Here.

For calculation of SLA LH depreciation; which all valuers applied as well as SISV standards & bank/developer;

http://www.sla.gov.sg/doc/ser/THE_DI...Appendix_1.pdf

For better understandings; go to http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/sla/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx
    Type How is land premium payable based on DC rates computed?

Wow ... alot of advice being dished out here hor ... may I ask Apple3 to elaborate please wat is SISV?

Why is The Stellar most congested among the 3 listed leh? Unit-to-land ratio izit using # of units divided by land size ah?? Or it's the other way round, meaning CW is the least congested?

On SISV standards.

The Stellar Condominium
    Varsity Park Condominium

Please pls enlighten me ... dun wanna be hiding underneath a mountain for 500 years (& become mountain tortoise instead ) ...Thk U ..

Wow ... alot of advice being dished out here hor ... may I ask Apple3 to elaborate please wat is SISV?

Why is The Stellar most congested among the 3 listed leh? Unit-to-land ratio izit using # of units divided by land size ah?? Or it's the other way round, meaning CW is the least congested?

On SISV standards.

The Stellar Condominium
    Varsity Park Condominium

Please pls enlighten me ... dun wanna be hiding underneath a mountain for 500 years (& become mountain tortoise instead ) ...Thk U ..
    Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers google up u lazy ass

wat talking you on the mountain?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Actually, the whole of West Coast area sama sama. We are just seeing a case of turtle laughing at the tortise. The petrochemical plants running day&night nearby are the MOTHER of all air pollutions (particularly with the flaring going on).

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    I have been driving along the entire stretch of AYE over the last 5 years and I can't believe that you can claim that Clementi Road is heavier than AYE...Facts do not lie. I won't jump or scream like what you have written cos facts is after all facts. I won't deny that the units in Stellar are small but some of your comments are just over the hill most of the time which is unjustifiable and unobjective. By the way, I have seen the layout of Carabelle. It is only partially shielded by Infiniti...Welcome to the world of air and noise pollution since you are so concerned by this subject....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If anybody wants conveniency of public transport and access to the shop houses for food, 7-11, etc (at junction of Pasir Panjang Rd and Clementi Rd), and even getting to West Coast Plaza (just hope on to the many public buses just outside the condo), it is no brainer that it has to be Stellar. If want to go to NUS, it also has to be Stellar other than Varsity Park (renting out will be much easier!).

If want to talk of air pollutions, all West Coast condos same same lah, not much difference.

i agree with many that each project has its good and bad theres no perfect condo ..maybe there is but i dont know any ..

i have been to all 3 (FH only) botannia, carabelle, Stellar..

i ddint feel that it was noisy in all 3 .. just that i feel botannia and carabelle is too deep in .. actually feel stellar's location has its advantage .. you can basically go any direction you like ...

and i guess to those who have children in NUS or Ngee Ann or Spore poly .. stellar is perfect ..

to those who has small kids ..then to the primary school (not sure the name) Carabelle and Botannia are better ..

my personal agent friend .. has more expats asking for Stellar than the other 2 ... while more locals asking for the other 2 than Stellar ..

i personally have been to the inside of stellar and i have a friend with a PH there .. i didnt feel it was noisy at all ..be it day or night, weekday or weekend ...

perhaps its becos he has an inner block with pool view .. in fact i recalled it was actually breezy both in the day and night .. and walking dist to 7-11 and prata was what we did after that BBQ and playing poker indoor till late .. i actually find it extremely convenient ..and i ahve tried back and forth to raffles place ..its only 10 mins and at night 6 mins ..

i am comtemplating looking for a unit there ..thats why i have been monitoring it and asking for opinions ..

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers google up u lazy ass

wat talking you on the mountain?
    So u work in SLA

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    If anybody wants conveniency of public transport and access to the shop houses for food, 7-11, etc (at junction of Pasir Panjang Rd and Clementi Rd), and even getting to West Coast Plaza (just hope on to the many public buses just outside the condo), it is no brainer that it has to be Stellar. If want to go to NUS, it also has to be Stellar other than Varsity Park (renting out will be much easier!).

If want to talk of air pollutions, all West Coast condos same same lah, not much difference.
    I don't know much about the air pollution thingy I only know the heavy vehicle did pass by now and than from port. But I dont give a damm.

"your renting out will be much easier" made no sense on financial ground and hold no bearing.

Base on launch/developer price, capital outlay is higher for Stellar then VP. It translate to a VP could lease out at lower rent YET higher profit margin then Stellar. Forget abt the convenience factor diff for these 2 that are side by side. You can lease out cheap you win and will get clients unless you could get the tenants to pay higher because it FH but most likely he ask you go fly kite. And that micro.

For marco, on same aspec, approximately 3.5 units of VP could buy you 2 units of Stellar. So for same cap outlay, VP get you yield from 3.5units of business tools yet Stellar only 2.

I don't know you understand or not it ok.. Just want to highlight your near here and there have little grounds for this 2. Ai ya, fxxk it lah..

So u work in SLA
    not entirely.. huh? hahahha...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Actually, the whole of West Coast area sama sama. We are just seeing a case of turtle laughing at the tortise. The petrochemical plants running day&night nearby are the MOTHER of all air pollutions (particularly with the flaring going on).
    wrong. If what you said is true, then there is no point buying property in D9 or D10. these districts are only 6 to 10 km from jurong island, not much further than west coast. In the west coast area, carabelle, botannia are about 5 to 6 km from jurong island, vs. 3.5 km for the stellar and VP. If you put your money where your mouth is, you would sell your stellar unit and buy carabelle or botannia. I am telling you, giving the proximity to jurong island, to pasir panjang port, to west coast highway, to clementi road, and to the flyover yet to be built, the stellar residents literally are living in a chemical soup, which can cut your life short substantially. instead of mocking and fighting me, you stellar residents should thank me for sounding the alarm.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 20-05-09 at 10:09.

wrong. If what you said is true, then there is no point buying property in D9 or D10. these districts are only 6 to 10 km from jurong island, not much further than west coast. In the west coast area, carabelle, botannia are about 3 to 4 km from jurong island, vs. 2km for the stellar and VP. If you put your money where your mouth is, you would sell your stellar unit and buy carabelle or botannia. I am telling you, giving the proximity to jurong island, to pasir panjang port, to west coast highway, to clementi road, and to the flyover yet to be built, the stellar residents literally are living in a chemical soup, which can cut your life short substantially. instead of mocking and fighting me, you stellar residents should thank me for sounding the alarm.
    thanks for your input ...

this sounds serious ...

we should high light to the authority .. to bring to their attention .. to warn all residents also in Varsity park, Spectrum, 33 west, horizon tower , all the landed around there ..the child care .. the new construction opposite stellar ...also all the food operators .... including Macdonalds

any idea which ministeries should we approach ?

this sounds serious ...

we should high light to the authority .. to bring to their attention .. to warn all residents also in Varsity park, Spectrum, 33 west, horizon tower , all the landed around there ..the child care .. the new construction opposite stellar ...also all the food operators .... including Macdonalds

MOH, asked them for N95 mask

this sounds serious ...

not forgetting ...the Hong Kong developer, whos planning to invest in Spore property ...west coast in particular ...

this sounds serious ...

NEA would be a start. basically, living within 100 meters of a major source of pollution is dangerous to your health, increasing the chance of heart diseases, and the hardening of your blood vessels.

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.

not forgetting ...the Hong Kong developer, whos planning to invest in Spore property ...west coast in particular ...
    Ask the hong kong developers to share his opinion on the stellar. I am sure he will say this is not a good place to build a condo. So many factors conspire to make the air quality at the junction of clementi road and west coast road very poor, I am wondering why would any one pay even 500 psf to buy a unit at the condo. ignorance is probably the only way to explain why some people pay 700-800psf for a unit there.

wrong. If what you said is true, then there is no point buying property in D9 or D10. these districts are only 6 to 10 km from jurong island, not much further than west coast. In the west coast area, carabelle, botannia are about 5 to 6 km from jurong island, vs. 3.5 km for the stellar and VP. If you put your money where your mouth is, you would sell your stellar unit and buy carabelle or botannia. I am telling you, giving the proximity to jurong island, to pasir panjang port, to west coast highway, to clementi road, and to the flyover yet to be built, the stellar residents literally are living in a chemical soup, which can cut your life short substantially. instead of mocking and fighting me, you stellar residents should thank me for sounding the alarm.
    Stop wasting your time when you clearly have a hidden agenda. This has gotten too far especially with your constant cursing about others' health and also bringing the children and wives in the picture...You should be more concerned about your family more than anything else. I admire your courage in writing all these nonsense which still hasn't caused the price of Stellar or even Varsity Park to drop to the kind of level that you anticipated.

no hidden agenda. given what I just said, you think I would even consider buying a unit at the stellar. come on, you think i am stupid or crazy.

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.[/quote]

if thats the case ..

then Alexis, Metropolitan at alexandra ...
    all condos along Stevens rd ...scotts like Scotts 28, Cairnhill Crest...
    all condos on both sides of Paterson ...
    all condos along Rivervalley from Aspen Height, Imperial thru to Domain 21 ... these are real major roads...
    even St Regis, the old Marco polo, ...
    Carribean, The Pearl...major truck routes ..

they dont deserve that kind of premium ...they truly are major roadside condos ...

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?

the issue has been overlooked, especially in land scarce Singapore. A german study shows that the chance of having a heart disease is much higher if you live near a major road.
    if thats the case ..

all condos along Rivervalley from Aspen Height, Imperial thru to Domain 21 ... these are real major roads...

they dont deserve that kind of premium ...they truly are major roadside condos ...

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?
    some of these condos you mentioned are close to major road, but they are large, so some of the units nestled inside the project will be healthy to live in.

What you don't want to buy are units in a small project near major sources of noise and pollution, such as the stellar and spectrum, where you will not escape from noise or pollution whichever unit you live in.

Another example is lysville 331, which are clustered houses nestled between pasir panjang road and the west coast highway. this project is beset on both sides by noise and pollution. And since it is a small project, no unit is healthy to live in.

Another project nearby, juluca, is much healthier. it is north of pasir panjang road, and so further away from west coast highway. and since it is a larger project, some units there are healthier to live in.

if thats the case ..

so how ? where to buy ? Mimosa Park ? or Changi point ?[/quote]

oh ..i almost forgot ..Novena ... from thomson 800 to novena mrt .. Balestier ...

from Fort road to changi airport ...

from Sim Lim to King Albert park , right thru Bukit timah and dunear rd ... all the way to mindef ...

so many condos along major roads ...

so how ??

i shouldnt have sold my good old Windermere ...

basically, before you commit, use google earth to measure the distance of the unit from a major source of noise and pollution nearby. 100 meters away is the minimum, and 200 meters are even better.

Of course, some sources of pollution cannot be avoided altogether. For example, americans try to avoid living within 30 miles of a refinery. The whole of singapore lie within 30 miles of jurong island. so, you cannot really do what the amercans do unless you choose to live in malaysia.

But any measure you take to safeguard your health and your loved ones' is a good thing to do. And do the best you can do to provide a healthy environment for your little ones, so they don't get diseases such as asthma or heart diseases from breathing unhealthy air.

When we bought carabelle, we thought about AYE. that is why, we choose a unit 100 meters away and shielded by the infiniti. while there is still some risk, it is nothing compared with living at the stellar.

When we bought carabelle, we thought about AYE. that is why, we choose a unit 100 meters away and shielded by the infiniti. while there is still some risk, it is nothing compared with living at the stellar.[/quote]

in that case .. if i am considering River valley ..the obvious choice would be Regency park .. but its too expensive ... the other boutique condo will be too small a project .. leaving Valley Park ..with big land .. and below 900 psf ...

Steven rd will be out completely cos all small projects and road side ..

novena out as well ..

so Valley park wil be the best ..in terms of size and price

Which side of West Coast ? West Coast is very long Also anybody has an idea when CDL is launching the Hong Leong Garden site ?