Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    I did a few checks with a friend who was keen to buy a unit here.

Apparently prices have moved up quite quickly. It seems that buyers are willing to pay these kinda prices there. This is based on OTPs in May that have yet to show up on the caveats. Even an agent who could not close a deal advised the buyer to grab anything below 800psf if he had a unit avalablen for sale from other agents.

I guess I was wrong. It really is a mad market, but I have to respect it.
    Hi John

We can't be right all the time. Only Mr Market is.
    Important thing is be comfortable, be it selling or buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Hi John

We can't be right all the time. Only Mr Market is.
    Important thing is be comfortable, be it selling or buying.
    But at current prices there are a batch of owners who have not breaked even and bank cannot match the valuation of their property, will they swarm the market and cause prices to come down? Any thooughts

But at current prices there are a batch of owners who have not breaked even and bank cannot match the valuation of their property, will they swarm the market and cause prices to come down? Any thooughts
    Think so too

During that time when i bought my unit, i did took a peep on how many are on DFS. Well to be honest quite many (not derimental to me) for the 3bedders and 4 bedders.

As for the 2bedders, the last transacted price shown in URA is pretty close to the purchase price.

If you are a serious buyer for the 3 and 4 bedrooms, probably can wait a while more towards TOP but i reckon end of the day, it's still the market sentiments that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Think so too

During that time when i bought my unit, i did took a peep on how many are on DFS. Well to be honest quite many (not derimental to me) for the 3bedders and 4 bedders.

As for the 2bedders, the last transacted price shown in URA is pretty close to the purchase price.

If you are a serious buyer for the 3 and 4 bedrooms, probably can wait a while more towards TOP but i reckon end of the day, it's still the market sentiments that rule.
    TOP coming soon leh, dun tell me people are going to hold and pay late penalty charges?

TOP coming soon leh, dun tell me people are going to hold and pay late penalty charges?
    Its not that

Those who have gotten their banking loan should be alright.

For those on DFS and unable to secure a loan in time for TOP will be dependant on market sentiment, that what i meant.

Have gone through the bullish and bearish property market sentiment. Herd instinct, when one buy all comes in and buy and outbids one another but when one sells everyone is throwing and you almost cannot seems to see the floor sometimes.

I bought my 2nd property in 1999 during the bear market and developers then were giving out freebies and discount upon discount in order to attract buyers. Don't see them doing it now.

Property market rush come again and no stopping at the moment.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My%2...08-146900.html

Property Cheoonng ahhhhh

Not a good sign. the recent run up in investor sentiments, and the resultant increases in asking prices have scare away buyers except speculators. Most of the buyers for high end condos are speculators, and most buyers of mass market condos are would-be occupiers. These potential buyers have fled the markets, thinking the asking prices are getting riduculously high. Now the market is left with just speculators. Another bubble is forming, and it is going to deflate very soon.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 11-06-09 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Not a good sign. the recent run up in investor sentiments, and the resultant increases in asking prices have scare away buyers except speculators. Most of the buyers for high end condos are speculators, and most buyers of mass market condos are would-be occupiers. These potential buyers have fled the markets, thinking the asking prices are getting riduculously high. Now the market is left with just speculators. Another bubble is forming, and it is going to deflate very soon.
    ok ok I got a needle ready to poke it! heehee...

Is good sign create more activities and volume so our asset can rise to another level.

Prime Private Residence 6000psf
    Mid tier >1300psf
    HDB City 5rm = 900psf

Will come soon in next 5-10 years.

Good for all people who have keep their assets.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Sorry sir, it show a minimart is needed only the project is big enough to substain one.

The above mention are big land plot condo.
    yes i agree the land is big ...

i drove there 2 nights ago ... i was right ..its far from amenities ..hence the need for a provision shop inside ..

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    ok ok I got a needle ready to poke it! heehee...
    the market is going totally crazy. two bedders cost more for carabelle than for botannia. One two bedder for sale at carabelle is asking for $937 psf, but one two bedder for sale at botannia is asking for 837 psf. a difference of 100psf. what is happening here? can experts enlighten us?

the market is going totally crazy. two bedders cost more for carabelle than for botannia. One two bedder for sale at carabelle is asking for $937 psf, but one two bedder for sale at botannia is asking for 837 psf. a difference of 100psf. what is happening here? can experts enlighten us?
    It's crazy out there. agents been calling me for my unit in OA offering 1100psf!

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    It's crazy out there. agents been calling me for my unit in OA offering 1100psf!

haha..then what are you waiting for? sell lah!!

haha..then what are you waiting for? sell lah!!
    thinking leh

then let me know really can sell or not.....i want to know whether got such desperate buyers exist.

novel:

Just checked with Nanhua. My son would not be able to opt out of higher chinese. We will probably try to register him for Qifa or clementi primary. Are you familar with Qifa? Is it a good school? many say it is not. I am a bit worried. Am I ruining him by sending him to Qifa?

How about clementi primary?

stalin,

Qifa is just a normal neighbourhood primary school merged with JinTai (which was also a so so school) but Clementi Primary is doing better in terms of academic lah (2007 got student in TOP10 PSEL). There's another primary school nearby - Pei Tong. But if can choose go to Clementi Primary.

But if you are not interested in academic welfare for your boy then Qifa or Peitong can do lah...

novel:

Just checked with Nanhua. My son would not be able to opt out of higher chinese. We will probably try to register him for Qifa or clementi primary. Are you familar with Qifa? Is it a good school? many say it is not. I am a bit worried. Am I ruining him by sending him to Qifa?

How about clementi primary?
    It will be a mistake to opt out from Higher Chinese IMO. China is fast becoming the superpower in the world. Mind you, our Higher Chinese here is the standard Chinese in Malaysia. The A-level Chinese standard here is worse than secondary school in Malaysia.

jitkiat,

but i think i understand why stalin want to opt out...most likely his boy and my boy same category speak English as the main language...my boy (3YO) worst till now when ppl converse in mandarin dun really understand Thats why I abit kiasu let him attend chinese enrichment class now...

But studying higher chinese will be a challenge for them since they dun like chinese in the first place.

Last time when I were there (soooo long ago ) the standard of chinese already quite high but because I had a damn good chinese teacher that make me love studying chinese.

stalin,

Qifa is just a normal neighbourhood primary school merged with JinTai (which was also a so so school) but Clementi Primary is doing better in terms of academic lah (2007 got student in TOP10 PSEL). There's another primary school nearby - Pei Tong. But if can choose go to Clementi Primary.

But if you are not interested in academic welfare for your boy then Qifa or Peitong can do lah...
    No, I am actually very stressed out by the P1 registration. While I don't want my sons to be superachievers, I don't want to ruin his life by sending him to a lousy school.

qifa is good because it is so near, to go to clementi primary, my son has to go across two overhead bridges. but if clementi primary is better academically, perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    It will be a mistake to opt out from Higher Chinese IMO. China is fast becoming the superpower in the world. Mind you, our Higher Chinese here is the standard Chinese in Malaysia. The A-level Chinese standard here is worse than secondary school in Malaysia.
    jitkiat:

we are canadian PR. My son's mother tongue is english. He speaks chinese pretty well now, after being trained by his kindergarten teachers. I think he can cope with higher chinese. But why spend more time on chinese than english, as nanhua is asking all its students to do. While being able to speak chinese is good, as a canadian, my son should learn to read and write english first.

besides, as a sAP school, nanhua is very popular, I don't think we can get in, although carabelle is within one kilometer of nanhua.

jitkiat,

but i think i understand why stalin want to opt out...most likely his boy and my boy same category speak English as the main language...my boy (3YO) worst till now when ppl converse in mandarin dun really understand Thats why I abit kiasu let him attend chinese enrichment class now...

But studying higher chinese will be a challenge for them since they dun like chinese in the first place.

Last time when I were there (soooo long ago ) the standard of chinese already quite high but because I had a damn good chinese teacher that make me love studying chinese.
    Sigh, my boy oso almost 4YO but we try very hard to converse with him in 2 languages since the beginning so now he is equally comfortable with both. IMO, it is not too late to talk to him in Mandarin at 3YO. Primary school will be too late.

No, I am actually very stressed out by the P1 registration. While I don't want my sons to be superachievers, I don't want to ruin his life by sending him to a lousy school.

qifa is good because it is so near, to go to clementi primary, my son has to go across two overhead bridges. but if clementi primary is better academically, perhaps...
    Then pls choose Clementi Primary over Qifa...

Or Canadian Int'l School? Heard it is shifting to west coast?

Then pls choose Clementi Primary over Qifa...

Or Canadian Int'l School? Heard it is shifting to west coast?
    he has been accepted by canadian international and will start PI come august. we will take him out in january after finding out which local school will take him.

the new campus for CIS will not be ready for another year, according to the principal. IMHO, two years are more likely. that is why we are thinking of local schools.

My boy is very smart, so I would think that international school is too easy for him. another reason we are thinking of local schools, which are known to be very tough.

jitkiat:

we are canadian PR. My son's mother tongue is english. He speaks chinese pretty well now, after being trained by his kindergarten teachers. I think he can cope with higher chinese. But why spend more time on chinese than english, as nanhua is asking all its students to do. While being able to speak chinese is good, as a canadian, my son should learn to read and write english first.

besides, as a sAP school, nanhua is very popular, I don't think we can get in, although carabelle is within one kilometer of nanhua.
    Hey, if your boy can speaks chinese pretty well then you dun have to worry about letting him cope with higher chinese right? Anyway both english and chinese will be treated as 1st language in NanHua so no worries abt your son not learning English.

Back to Carabelle...haha.. I think it is silly of some parent to think that they can get into NanHua by shifting within 1km because the chances of private condo within 1km and HDB within 1km stands equal chances. So no point paying ridiculous prices for Carabelle and in the end cannot get into NanHua right?

he has been accepted by canadian international and will start PI come august. we will take him out in january after finding out which local school will take him.
    why take him out from Canadian Int'l if he can do well there? What is your main concern for your son primary education?

Hey, if your boy can speaks chinese pretty well then you dun have to worry about letting him cope with higher chinese right? Anyway both english and chinese will be treated as 1st language in NanHua so no worries abt your son not learning English.

Back to Carabelle...haha.. I think it is silly of some parent to think that they can get into NanHua by shifting within 1km because the chances of private condo within 1km and HDB within 1km stands equal chances. So no point paying ridiculous prices for Carabelle and in the end cannot get into NanHua right?
    no point, or at least not much point. one out three in phase 2c gets in in 2008. only a 30 chance of getting in if you buy HDB or condos in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Sigh, my boy oso almost 4YO but we try very hard to converse with him in 2 languages since the beginning so now he is equally comfortable with both. IMO, it is not too late to talk to him in Mandarin at 3YO. Primary school will be too late.
    you no need to sign....your boy can converse in 2 language, my boy is the damn jiat lat case!! I think I must grill him liao!

Jim Rogers sell off everything in the US and move to Singapore and make sure his daughters master Chinese .. good command language = good command culture as well as values. 20 years later, you will be proud of being Chinese.

why take him out from Canadian Int'l if he can do well there? What is your main concern for your son primary education?
    We are letting him to go to CIS first because that is better than attending kindergarten. a promotion for him.

why take him out? because his mommy is singaporean, she doesn't want our sons to be ang mohs. more specifically, she want the kids to be bilingual, truly bilingual, not the kind of bilingual for kids that go to international schools. another reason is that CIS costs 20k per year. we have two kids, and that is 40k. my salary is high enough to cover that, but my wife wants to save money, so she can change her car every five years.