Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    The price of Botannia have adjust upward to 760psf, right. Any indication.
    extracted from Business Times

Over in the west, City Developments (CDL) said last Friday that it is accelerating plans to launch a project at the former Hong Leong Garden Condominium.
    Sentiment in the residential property sector has improved in the past few months. And brisk sales recently have encouraged more developers to try their luck.
    Evan Lim & Co said last Friday that it sold the last 44 units at Parc Centennial after a relaunch some two weeks ago. And CDL said that its Botannia is fully sold, with the 33 remaining units having been taken up in the past few weeks.

Despite the activity, some property consultants warned that the buying momentum may not be sustainable until there are clear signs of a global economic recovery.

One buyer offer me 755psf for 3 bdr, chase him away or keep the cash??

One buyer offer me 755psf for 3 bdr, chase him away or keep the cash??
    You bought for own stay or investment? How much you earn if you sell at this 755psf?

Hi PropertyHunter,

It seems to me that you have stated that the prices have adjusted upwards and asked for indication.

Now you are trying to sell a unit.

Are you trying to talk up the market?

Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    Hi PropertyHunter,

It seems to me that you have stated that the prices have adjusted upwards and asked for indication.

Just curious
    Hi John Tan

As owner like PropertyHunter we would like to gauge the sentiment of our unit. Do not think we have the POWER to talk up the market.

But If buyer can offer a price that match, why not ? Don't think we want to buy at X$ from developer and sell at X$ to the market.
    So basically I think we are not genuine seller.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Hi John Tan

As owner like PropertyHunter we would like to gauge the sentiment of our unit. Do not think we have the POWER to talk up the market.

But If buyer can offer a price that match, why not ? Don't think we want to buy at X$ from developer and sell at X$ to the market.
    So basically I think we are not genuine seller.
    Myabe not talk up the market but talk up the price of your unit.

BTW you too have a unit for sale?

Myabe not talk up the market but talk up the price of your unit.

BTW you too have a unit for sale?
    Hi John

Its understandable, seller wants to sell high and buyer wants to buy low.

Initially we bought a 2 bedder unit is for rental

Now that TOP (Sept) is near, my wife felt it is a waste to rent it out

(the hassle of being a landlord).

Having said that, We do not want to sell at current market price after holding onto the unit for one and a half year and having started paying progressive instalments.

As for sales ?
    why not if offer is attractive enough and do make economic sense

Hi John

Its understandable, seller wants to sell high and buyer wants to buy low.

Initially we bought a 2 bedder unit is for rental

Now that TOP (Sept) is near, my wife felt it is a waste to rent it out

(the hassle of being a landlord).

Having said that, We do not want to sell at current market price after holding onto the unit for one and a half year and having started paying progressive instalments.

As for sales ?
    why not if offer is attractive enough and do make economic sense
    Nothing wrong with selling high or buying low. But to ask for an indication that someone else is selling at xxxpsf and then appear to have an offer at xxxpsf is another thing.

Why cant just say i have a unit for sale at xxxpsf high price?

Anyway, i dun think any buyer will pay that price seeing the recent comments made by the PM and the National wage council. Just my opinion

Hi PropertyHunter,

Just curious
    Hi bro,

I am asking for opinion as 755psf is an offer reasonable or NOT at this pt of time. I believe my quote will not affect market settlement. If I can then I will.

Even PM advise is turn on deaf ear.

Hi bro,

I am asking for opinion as 755psf is an offer reasonable or NOT at this pt of time. I believe my quote will not affect market settlement. If I can then I will.

Even PM advise is turn on deaf ear.
    Honestly in today's market, i honestly think 755 psf is on the high side. If there is an buyer stupid enough to pay this then i think you should quickly grab it.

Any others have a comment on this?

Honestly in today's market, i honestly think 755 psf is on the high side. If there is an buyer stupid enough to pay this then i think you should quickly grab it.

Any others have a comment on this?
    close the deal as long as there are reasonable profits to be made... anything more than 5% at least, the more the better... 10%? 20%?

It is like stocks, sell to take profit wins the day and not to keep the stocks till it dropped like dirt. You either end up with Panic selling then or "keep them for the long term".. just to console ownself.

I would target to make at least $50k to $100k for the risk taken. What's ur target profit?
    Last edited by Condorich; 04-06-09 at 15:28.

I think propertiesHunter's asking price as a seller point of view is still acceptable thou me as a buyer will not buy lah. And yes like what JohnTan mentioned if you found such buyer you really should faster grab his/her cheque

I have one seller asking 850psf for Carabelle, if I see him face to face I really want to tell him he can keep the unit for himself until retirement!!

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    close the deal as long as there is reasonable profits to be made... anything more than 5% at least, the more the better... 10%? 20%?

It is like stocks, sell to take profit wins the day and not keep the stocks till it dropped like dirt. You either end up with Panic selling then or "keep them for the long term".. just to console ownself.

I would target to make at least $50k to $100k for the risk taken. What's ur target profit?
    make near to $100K is a neat profit.

propertieshunter, pls share with us what is your target profit?

Quote Originally Posted by novel

How do you know propertieshunter asking price and his profits? I do not recall him sharing anywhere on this forum. A lot of fishy business going on here.

Do correct me if i am wrong or point me to the posting on the forum

How do you know propertieshunter asking price and his profits? I do not recall him sharing anywhere on this forum. A lot of fishy business going on here.

Do correct me if i am wrong or point me to the posting on the forum
    I do not know his asking price and profit hence I am asking him now.....

Default Advice / comments needed

Hi guys

I'm considering some 3 bedders at stack 37 and 38, mid to high floor. Asking price is not cheap but that's another issue. These 2 stacks don't have west sun at all (great for me) but my concern is the nosie from the AYE. Distance from AYE is roughly 400m i think and it's not shielded from Infiniti at all. What do you think?

Thanks for any advice you have.

cybertaz,

i think the noise from AYE to Botannia is not so bad because it has some distance to travel...IMHO

BTW, what is the asking price? Do you really really like the unit to accept the price? Dun jump into it impulsively.... a bad investment in property will make you heartache for lifetime

I very humble lah 50K will do. Will not dare to ask 825psf. 2007 time also cannot reach.

As Long do Not sell at LOST will be Good.

$100K profit at short time is NOT possible.

I think propertiesHunter's asking price as a seller point of view is still acceptable thou me as a buyer will not buy lah. And yes like what JohnTan mentioned if you found such buyer you really should faster grab his/her cheque

I have one seller asking 850psf for Carabelle, if I see him face to face I really want to tell him he can keep the unit for himself until retirement!!
    Hi Novel

This was what i told a seller 2 years ago at Lakeshore

"You can keep your Unit"
    He wanted 575k and turned down my offer of 570k.

How ironic
    Last edited by Simi; 04-06-09 at 16:02.

cybertaz,

i think the noise from AYE to Botannia is not so bad because it has some distance to travel...IMHO

BTW, what is the asking price? Do you really really like the unit to accept the price? Dun jump into it impulsively.... a bad investment in property will make you heartache for lifetime
    Fully agree, the recent stock market boom is making people feel like things are getting back to normal, but it is clearly liquidity driven and once the plug is pulled and liquidity is drained from the system then ..... owners with huge loans will suffer

wow propertieshunter I am indeed surprise you just want a 50K profit...should be achievable lah. How I hope my potential seller will think like you.

simi, we are such nice buyer isn't it? else we would have show them

wow propertieshunter I am indeed surprise you just want a 50K profit...should be achievable lah. How I hope my potential seller will think like you.

simi, we are such nice buyer isn't it? else we would have show them
    Hi Novel
    sometimes when i think back,

should have given him that extra 5k and could have been collecting rent since 2008

Hi Novel
    sometimes when i think back,

should have given him that extra 5k and could have been collecting rent since 2008
    heehee...actually you reject him just for 5K is abit wasted lah...but nvrmind life move on and you are now going to stay in Botannia

For me, the difference is 250K so I really really him!! He is really one greedy seller hence I hope he will be stuck with his property

cybertaz,

Thanks Novel. Asking price is about 750 psf thereabout for high level provided seller don't change his mind. Noise travel upwards doesn't it? : ) Personally i like the look of the project. A little unconventional. Finding the right home really require stamina ... ... shack already.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertaz
    Thanks Novel. Asking price is about 750 psf thereabout for high level provided seller don't change his mind. Noise travel upwards doesn't it? : ) Personally i like the look of the project. A little unconventional. Finding the right home really require stamina ... ... shack already.
    Finding the right home need patience and correct timing too But if you think 750psf is the right price you willing to fork out then go ahead and get your dream house.

Just dun regret later...

Hi Cybertaz

you can take a drive down from Pandan side
    and take a slow walk along the river to Botannia

think you can roughly gauge the noise level there.

Hi Cybertaz,

I really am very curious about botannia buyers. What makes you want to shell out 750psf for this development over others? Would you care to enlighten us?

There is no so call perfect house. Your meat maybe another people poison. If you buy to stay your choice is more important than others advise. Advise are cheap, your life is dear.

As investor you are a winner if you make positive gain, if not loser will be at the other end. Not important on win & lose but at least you are involve. More positive stories to tell you can write a book too.

There is no so call perfect house. Your meat maybe another people poison. If you buy to stay your choice is more important than others advise. Advise are cheap, your life is dear.

As investor you are a winner if you make positive gain, if not loser will be at the other end. Not important on win & lose but at least you are involve. More positive stories to tell you can write a book too.
    I agree... the same goes for no such thing as a perfect husband or a perfect wife.

Even if the house is perfect to you, you may not have perfect in laws and/or neighbours. Buy only when it seems right, feels right and its within your means to stay.. no point buying and risk losing it to the bank.

Perferences change and perceptions change... even personality changes... what seems right now may not be right in the future. If you have a mind that says it is a right decision, you will find all the reasons to reinforce it, the same goes for wrong decisions. Live a life and don't look back with regrets... all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    I agree... the same goes for no such thing as a perfect husband or a perfect wife.

Even if the house is perfect to you, you may not have perfect in laws and/or neighbours. Buy only when it seems right, feels right and its within your means to stay.. no point buying and risk losing it to the bank.

Perferences change and perceptions change... even personality changes... what seems right now may not be right in the future. If you have a mind that says it is a right decision, you will find all the reasons to reinforce it, the same goes for wrong decisions. Live a life and don't look back with regrets... all the best!
    Happy Hunting with a Happy Life.