Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    never buy condos with west sun, landed pty is another matter...
    partial west sun should be okay right, as was told foreigners from temperate climates like the heat and light

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    3 bdr yesterday transacted at 760psf mid flr with partial west SUN. 29A block.
    Property Hunter, if this is your unit that was sold, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by mogul
    partial west sun should be okay right, as was told foreigners from temperate climates like the heat and light
    They like to walk under the sun at the beach.. not sure if they like to stay in a oven.. you asked them? It can get pretty hot in the house... been to one and will never buy one facing west sun.

If I stay in a unblocked landed, I will put a store room on the west sun side with a swiming pool next to it and not the best rooms in that direction. Just dreaming here

Propertyhunter,
    thanks for the info.

Btw, anyone know where is the common rubbish chute and also what is this grey patch of thing on the site plan? behind G (aquatic pool) in front of unit 28-36, unit 12-19 and unit 4, 7 and 8?

Just sharing. My previous condo was west sun facing (partial at some parts of the year). It's really bad and after 2 years, I gave up. Literally an oven even at nite when the wall and windows are still radiating heat. I haven't mention the selling experience ....

I'll never get another west sun facing unit, partial or not. : )

So many posts about west sun ... wah really tt bad huh ..

How about east sun leh? Anyone can share experience pls?

Quote Originally Posted by jesmineang
    Propertyhunter,
    thanks for the info.

Btw, anyone know where is the common rubbish chute and also what is this grey patch of thing on the site plan? behind G (aquatic pool) in front of unit 28-36, unit 12-19 and unit 4, 7 and 8?
    I believe it is open area above carpark. kindly correct me if i am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    3 bdr yesterday transacted at 760psf mid flr with partial west SUN. 29A block.
    hmm...all the blocks in Botannia will have abit of west sun right? any block does not face west sun?

I had a HBD where all the bed rooms were west sun facing and had half height windows.......while the windows were not that bad, the walls below them are like sauna in the night, radiating heat...making the rooms intolerable without air conditioning turn on full blast thru the night. We were not used to the heat and fell sick very frequently, esp the kids. I also noticed our tempers were more explosive and quarrels were much more common then.

IMHO, condos/HDBs with full height windows and direct west sun into the room are still manageable.....good curtains can effectively block off the sun light from heating up the room.....but when you have exterior walls getting impacted by west sun, the heat being radiated from the wall in the evening, little can be done......so as far as I am concerned, the less west sun the better......I have done some researches and posted the findings in the Carabelle thread, some stacks are definitely better shielded from the west sun than others.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertaz
    Just sharing. My previous condo was west sun facing (partial at some parts of the year). It's really bad and after 2 years, I gave up. Literally an oven even at nite when the wall and windows are still radiating heat. I haven't mention the selling experience ....

I'll never get another west sun facing unit, partial or not. : )

In my opinion east sun are more tolerable. A non-penthouse east facing apartment and the surrounding has the whole night to cool down. On the following morning, the east sun has only about 4+ hours (8 till noon) to warm up the apartment. You are also normally away at work in the day time on weekdays.

If your apartment has west sun, it is a very different story.....by noon the temperatures of the surrounding and the building are high...the additional west sun hitting your unit can make the apartment very warm.......when evening finally comes the walls will be radiating heat and that is that time you come home from work, to rest.......can be hard to bear if you are not used to it.....

East sun is definitely better to me. Only you may not be able to sleep late on weekends with the sunlight up your backside.......but remedy is simple....good curtains will sufficiently do the trick.

The WCS is if you have a PH with east , noon and west sun. You are getting left right centre......I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    So many posts about west sun ... wah really tt bad huh ..

How about east sun leh? Anyone can share experience pls?

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    In my opinion east sun are more tolerable. A non-penthouse east facing apartment and the surrounding has the whole night to cool down. On the following morning, the east sun has only about 4+ hours (8 till noon) to warm up the apartment. You are also normally away at work in the day time on weekdays.

If your apartment has west sun, it is a very different story.....by noon the temperatures of the surrounding and the building are high...the additional west sun hitting your unit can make the apartment very warm.......when evening finally comes the walls will be radiating heat and that is that time you come home from work, to rest.......can be hard to bear if you are not used to it.....

East sun is definitely better to me. Only you may not be able to sleep late on weekends with the sunlight up your backside.......but remedy is simple....good curtains will sufficiently do the trick.

The WCS is if you have a PH with east , noon and west sun. You are getting left right centre......I wish you luck.
    In chinese "feng shui", an unit that is in the east-west orientation (those that kenna sun left, right, centre), occupants tend to fall sick easier.

How about landed property like corner terraced house? You get sunlight on almost all angles (including roof) ... One of my bedrooms also facing NW, the wall cools down after 1/2 hour of aircon .. if your family members fall sick easily, it is not just the west-facing wall, it is the hot & humid weather .. drink more chinese barley water (without sugar) when it is humid will help, cut down meat, milk, cheese and other dairy products

I am staying in a rented bungalow for the last almost1 year.......the attic was never used coz it's too warm for us. the west facing room was never used coz again, it was too warm for us. Overall, it was very much warmer compared to my previous mid level condo apartment (no west sun) that was enbloc. And yes, we now consume alot more barley water and liang teh compared to our previous condo living. Accordingly, too liang also no good.....I believe that's why my kid has been coughing quite a bit over the last year.......

That said, I still prefer condos to landed properties......

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    How about landed property like corner terraced house? You get sunlight on almost all angles (including roof) ... One of my bedrooms also facing NW, the wall cools down after 1/2 hour of aircon .. if your family members fall sick easily, it is not just the west-facing wall, it is the hot & humid weather .. drink more chinese barley water (without sugar) when it is humid will help, cut down meat, milk, cheese and other dairy products

I am staying in a rented bungalow for the last almost1 year.......the attic was never used coz it's too warm for us. the west facing room was never used coz again, it was too warm for us. Overall, it was very much warmer compared to my previous mid level condo apartment (no west sun) that was enbloc. And yes, we now consume alot more barley water and liang teh compared to our previous condo living. Accordingly, too liang also no good.....I believe that's why my kid has been coughing quite a bit over the last year.......

That said, I still prefer condos to landed properties......
    I agree with you ... if body heaty type, stay at mid-level condo facing south is better. Try to bring your family for holiday in cold country from May to July (the hottest 3 months in Singapore).

If your kid is coughing, then dun give barley water, it will make the cough worse. If the kid has frequent indigestion and soft stool, try the following:

Mei Hua Brand XingJun Wan imported by Science Arts Co Pte Ltd, it is made by a reputable Chinese medine producer.

Haha....thanks for the advice ......will ask my mum to look out for the pill you mentioned.. btw, XingYun Wan = lucky pill? Just wanna make sure she buys the correct item.......

I agree with you ... if body heaty type, stay at mid-level condo facing south is better. Try to bring your family for holiday in cold country from May to July (the hottest 3 months in Singapore).

If your kid is coughing, then dun give barley water, it will make the cough worse. If the kid has frequent indigestion and soft stool, try the following:

Mei Hua Brand XingJun Wan imported by Science Arts Co Pte Ltd, it is made by a reputable Chinese medine producer.

Haha....thanks for the advice ......will ask my mum to look out for the pill you mentioned.. btw, XingYun Wan = lucky pill? Just wanna make sure she buys the correct item.......
    Xing Jun Wan - 梅花牌 行军丸 (literally translated to pills used for marching army .. in a humid weather) .. available in most HDB medical halls.

polkadots,
    luckily jitkiat clarify with you the name of the pills else you will buy totally another brand

my wife would kill me if I bought medicine from HDB medicine hall and fed it to my kids. She would not just kill me, she would douse gasolene and burn my remains to show how angry she is. haha, wouldn't dare to buy any traditional chinese medicine from any one, however reputable he or she is.

no medicine with the word "wan" is allowed in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    my wife would kill me if I bought medicine from HDB medicine hall and fed it to my kids. She would not just kill me, she would douse gasolene and burn my remains to show how angry she is. haha, wouldn't dare to buy any traditional chinese medicine from any one, however reputable he or she is.
    I studied chinese medicine for years and understand the problems. Many Chinese doctors and factories in China/Singapore are substandard. Stick to a few reputable manufacturers in China/Taiwan then you are fine. Seriously, you are missing out a lot of simple good solution if you dare not try alternative medicine.

no medicine with "丸" allowed? haha... I remember I ate 白凤丸 before I try to conceive my #1, so far I am ok!

better dun side track topics...last time it was on primary school now on TCM.

haha yah.......Thanks Jitkiat. I actually misread the wordings......lucky pill sounded like some type of love pills......

I checked out the Xingjun Wan over lunch.....but couldn't find the exact one manufactured by Mei Hua brand. Guess I will have to look elsewhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    polkadots,
    luckily jitkiat clarify with you the name of the pills else you will buy totally another brand

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    no medicine with "丸" allowed? haha... I remember I ate 白凤丸 before I try to conceive my #1, so far I am ok!

better dun side track topics...last time it was on primary school now on TCM.
    Ya, better don't sidetrack, if want to know more or consult good TCM doctor, pls PM me. BTW, 白凤丸 also many different brands with different mixtures of herbs .. I only trust those from Eu Yan Sang or BeiJing Tong Ren Tang (北京同仁堂). Tong Ren Tang is listed in Hong Kong (Li Ka Shing has a stake). Eu Yan Sang is listed in SGX.

Ya, better don't sidetrack, if want to know more or consult good TCM doctor, pls PM me. BTW, 白凤丸 also many different brands with different mixtures of herbs .. I only trust those from Eu Yan Sang or BeiJing Tong Ren Tang (北京同仁堂). Tong Ren Tang is listed in Hong Kong (Li Ka Shing has a stake). Eu Yan Sang is listed in SGX.
    Kiat, I enjoy reading your article. You should post more on TCM rather than whiping your 牛鞭..

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Kiat, I enjoy reading your article. You should post more on TCM rather than whiping your 牛鞭..
    牛鞭 broken by S&P500 liao

No updates on when it is going to TOP?

Hi pal,

BCA just approved the TOP yesterday. We should be getting our letter soon...

http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/S...0404-2004-BP01

Quote Originally Posted by winterapple
    Hi pal,

Wow great and thanks

Hi Botannia ppl,

Congrates! Looks like Botannia will TOP before Carabelle. Just checked for Carabelle....TOP application not yet approved.....

Quote Originally Posted by winterapple
    Hi pal,

Can start looking for a tenant

how to see from that website the TOP approval belongs to Botannia?