Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 271217222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

hmm... ok. i get what you mean...

I think I made the right choice to buy Botannia.

The swimming pool landscape look magnificent with grandeur that will mesmerise one into spending the whole afternoon there, even siesta on the bed provided there.

But I am kind of disillusioned to learn that the planter cannot be levelled up. That will make my planter look weird with that big hole there, and my objective of levelling it up is to enhance the space effect of the house, making my house appearing bigger.

Is anyone of you facing the same problem as me?

Quote Originally Posted by cutepig

The swimming pool landscape look magnificent with grandeur that will mesmerise one into spending the whole afternoon there, even siesta on the bed provided there.

But I am kind of disillusioned to learn that the planter cannot be levelled up. That will make my planter look weird with that big hole there, and my objective of levelling it up is to enhance the space effect of the house, making my house appearing bigger.

it all started will interior designers started the trend to deck it up years again ..

so in your impression, it looks ugly if you do not deck it ..like everyone else ..

i didnt .. cost is was cheapo .. i place the entire potted plants into the planters, where they rightfully belong ..

and hey ,, its not ugly .. in fact will you sit in the living room and look out ..
    all you see is the plants .. and not the ugly pots like everyone else who has decked up the planter...

try it ..

Quote Originally Posted by cutepig

There won't be any problem unless somebody complaint to the authority.

Anyway, most of the owners do the levelling. They are either don't care or act blur.

Default Hong Leong Garden

Hundred Trees @ Hong Leong

Land= 266000sqft
    423 units
    Mainly 2,3 4 ,pH.
    LeaseHold 956yrs

Coming on Aug09 or early Sept 09.

Price may be fr 850psf or higher.

Hope I can get a studio unit from CDL staffs & Business associate invitation. Very very rare.

any one hav photo of Botannia?

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Hundred Trees @ Hong Leong

Land= 266000sqft
    423 units
    Mainly 2,3 4 ,pH.
    LeaseHold 956yrs

Coming on Aug09 or early Sept 09.

Price may be fr 850psf or higher.

Hope I can get a studio unit from CDL staffs & Business associate invitation. Very very rare.
    Where is this new launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Where is this new launch?
    At the Hong Leong Garden, beside The Parc on West coast Park rd.

Managed to sneak into Botannia this afternoon

Like what i saw
    quality is superb

common area is generous
    unfortunately will not be staying there

At the Hong Leong Garden, beside The Parc on West coast Park rd.
    The Parc (FH) which is nearer to Clementi mrt station, is now trasnsacting only around $800 plus psf. Which one would you choose:The Parc or Hundred Trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    The Parc (FH) which is nearer to Clementi mrt station, is now trasnsacting only around $800 plus psf. Which one would you choose:The Parc or Hundred Trees?
    But the problem is, no owner is selling at 800psf now. much higher. btw, in case any selling below 850psf, pls let me know. i'm quite frustrated searching for more than a month for a 2/3 bedder smaller than 1200sf around Clementi. asking price keeps increasing and dunno which unit is serious for sale or just agents trying to persuade owner to sell using buyers' cheques.

btw, i've viewed first Carabelle and then Botannia. was quite impressed with Botannia. any owner here bought from developer? i'm quite curious, (coz I'm thinking of buying from developer), when first launched, did u know Botannia would turn out so much better than Carabelle? or simply luck? or becoz price difference? or their show flats really showed the difference?
    Last edited by housewife; 02-08-09 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    But the problem is, no owner is selling at 800psf now. much higher. btw, in case any selling below 850psf, pls let me know. i'm quite frustrated searching for more than a month for a 2/3 bedder smaller than 1200sf around Clementi. asking price keeps increasing and dunno which unit is serious for sale or just agents trying to persuade owner to sell using buyers' cheques.

btw, i've viewed first Carabelle and then Botannia. was quite impressed with Botannia. any owner here bought from developer? i'm quite curious, (coz I'm thinking of buying from developer), when first launched, did u know Botannia would turn out so much better than Carabelle? or simply luck? or becoz price difference? or their show flats really showed the difference?
    A bit of luck
    viewed Lakeshore Centuries and Infiniti before deciding on Botannia.

Did not disappoint.

Default Hong Leong

Project @ Hong Leong Garden will NOT be a disappointment. If by est. price will be above 850psf- 950psf depend on size. Land Plot 266,000 on 423units. Only 22 units are studio (10XXpsf)will be taken by staffs of developer even before VVIP review on Aug/ Sept.

That make Carabella(Land=236,000sqft), Botannia(400,000sqft) or The Parc (360,000sqft) look average in asking price. Will the sellers UP the price again??

Metropolitan sellers UP their price by at least >100psf even week before Acentia SKY launch.

Can anyone please comments.

traditionally, a CDL + Capitaland finishing in Botannia would have been better than a Sim Lian finishing at Carabelle. Look at developer brand name will know already. In addition, Carabelle was launched first and at lower psf. Botannia's superb land size also allows it to encompass more into the project. There was also no chance for Carabelle buyers to compare as Carabelle was pretty much sold out by the time Botannia was previewed.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    traditionally, a CDL + Capitaland finishing in Botannia would have been better than a Sim Lian finishing at Carabelle. Look at developer brand name will know already. In addition, Carabelle was launched first and at lower psf. Botannia's superb land size also allows it to encompass more into the project. There was also no chance for Carabelle buyers to compare as Carabelle was pretty much sold out by the time Botannia was previewed.
    Two years ago, we actually were unaware of any property launches in the area until an agent asked my wife to view botannia when it was launched. We were impressed with the quality of the build and built-in appliances, but felt that the asking price, 720+psf was a bit high. On our way home, we passed by another project which had not been sold out, which was Carabelle. We paid a visit to the showflat for the hell of it (zero cost to us since we were already there). We liked it immediately, because the price is 100+psf less (600 psf) but this project is about the same as botannia in land area, build quality, and quality of built-in appliances. So, we bought one of the last units. the rest is history.

We feel today that we made the right decision. While botannia has many advantages over carabelle, carabelle has its own advantages, one of which is ease of access, and the other is carabelle has botannia as a sun screen. you can see for yourself that the sun sets behind botannia for residents of carabelle. traffic wise, it is plain to see carabelle is much better than botannia, since it is located at the entrace of AYE. I can't imagine the trouble that botannia residents will face in the morning when all residents have moved in.

Pricewise, botannia is actually selling less than carabelle at this moment, as the price trends for the two projects at propertyguru.com show. So, who were smart and who were stupid two years ago? Only time will tell.

All things being equal... cheaper one is always the right choice..

But it is really equal? Different weightage for different folks. Branded versus non branded, more expansive is better kind of reasoning. Anyway I am happy for your choice... looks like the price premium of botannia will disappear after sometime... when it is aged.

i don't think carabelle's land area is anywhere as big as botannia's is it? but it has fewer units.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Two years ago, we actually were unaware of any property launches in the area until an agent asked my wife to view botannia when it was launched. We were impressed with the quality of the build and built-in appliances, but felt that the asking price, 720+psf was a bit high. On our way home, we passed by another project which had not been sold out, which was Carabelle. We paid a visit to the showflat for the hell of it (zero cost to us since we were already there). We liked it immediately, because the price is 100+psf less (600 psf) but this project is about the same as botannia in land area, build quality, and quality of built-in appliances. So, we bought one of the last units. the rest is history.

We feel today that we made the right decision. While botannia has many advantages over carabelle, carabelle has its own advantages, one of which is ease of access, and the other is carabelle has botannia as a sun screen. you can see for yourself that the sun sets behind botannia for residents of carabelle. traffic wise, it is plain to see carabelle is much better than botannia, since it is located at the entrace of AYE. I can't imagine the trouble that botannia residents will face in the morning when all residents have moved in.

Pricewise, botannia is actually selling less than carabelle at this moment, as the price trends for the two projects at propertyguru.com show. So, who were smart and who were stupid two years ago? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    All things being equal... cheaper one is always the right choice..

But it is really equal? Different weightage for different folks. Branded versus non branded, more expansive is better kind of reasoning. Anyway I am happy for your choice... looks like the price premium of botannia will disappear after sometime... when it is aged.
    branded is always better, true. that was what the agent said two years ago. so in a sense, we took a gamble. but look at the end result today, it was a gamble well taken. We just love the facilities at carabelle and the build quality. My kids refuse to get out of carabelle when it is time to go home (old home) to have lunch after a swim. While there are some minor defects, nothing that a little repair will not fix.

I don't want to brag about this and that. but yes, save a little money in the bank will not hurt anyone. even if people are willing to pay more for botannia today, I doubt they will pay 120psf more. 30psf or 40psf, maybe, but not 120psf.

branded is always better, true. that was what the agent said two years ago. so in a sense, we took a gamble. but look at the end result today, it was a gamble well taken. We just love the facilities at carabelle and the build quality. My kids refuse to get out of carabelle when it is time to go home (old home) to have lunch after a swim. While there are some minor defects, nothing that a little repair will not fix.

I don't want to brag about this and that. but yes, save a little money in the bank will not hurt anyone. even if people are willing to pay more for botannia today, I doubt they will pay 120psf more. 30psf or 40psf, maybe, but not 120psf.
    So on Saturday at about 2-3pm, 3-4 kids are swimming in the pool. They are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i don't think carabelle's land area is anywhere as big as botannia's is it? but it has fewer units.
    yes, fewer units. Moreover, have you noticed that carabelle looks quite nice if you are just a casual passerby? I don't want to say bad things about things that I don't own, so I will be quiet about botannia.

Quote Originally Posted by boeing777
    So on Saturday at about 2-3pm, 3-4 kids are swimming in the pool. They are yours?
    We swam in the morning at 11 to noon. I have two boys, one 5 years old, and the other 3. We went back in the afternoon at 5pm and stayed until 7pm. amazing thing is that there is no sun at all after 3pm at the pools, although it was a sunny day. all the pools are nicely shaded.

yes, there have been a lot of boys at carabelle on saturday. but mostly bigger than my kids. my kids can only stay in the small pools. and I have to watch over them full time while their mommy swims in the big pool.

I believe Botannia always have far bigger area 400,000sqft against Carabella 236,000sqft. Botannia use the Length of the Swimming pool to muscle against the width of the swimming pool in between 2 blocks.

We block partial of the noon SUN for carabella but also steal the entire view of the reservoir away from them.

Brand is defintely dont come cheap just compare the share price different in between them. Toyota and Lexus also got different right.

Jam will be there or everywhere but we will help to block out the entrance of Carabella too. Because is the only way to AYE.

I believe Botannia always have far bigger area 400,000sqft against Carabella 236,000sqft. Botannia use the Length of the Swimming pool to muscle against the width of the swimming pool in between 2 blocks.

We block partial of the noon SUN for carabella but also steal the entire view of the reservoir away from them.

Brand is defintely dont come cheap just compare the share price different in between them. Toyota and Lexus also got different right.

Jam will be there or everywhere but we will help to block out the entrance of Carabella too. Because is the only way to AYE.
    well, you have to win the race with residents of the infiniti first to get to where carabelle is, and then you have to let residents of carabelle come out first because there is a box junction there.

well, you have to win the race with residents of the infiniti first to get to where carabelle is, and then you have to let residents of carabelle come out first because there is a box junction there.
    mUST buy FERARI AND GO TRAINING WITH THE F1 team. Then can beat the outgoing traffic of Infinitian then cruise pass the yellow box without letting the carabellian come out of the gate. You need volunteer workers from Carabella at yellow box for traffic control. hehe

heard that some people have already moved into Botannia.

Are there any owners of 2 or 3 bedders who have received keys to their units?

Quote Originally Posted by COCOCO
    heard that some people have already moved into Botannia.

Are there any owners of 2 or 3 bedders who have received keys to their units?
    haha... you are definitely a newbie...

One observation though... has anyone noticed that the water tanks are exposed and can be seen from the AYE? I would have thought that CDL would have hidden it from sight.. at least that's how Kovan Melody did theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    One observation though... has anyone noticed that the water tanks are exposed and can be seen from the AYE? I would have thought that CDL would have hidden it from sight.. at least that's how Kovan Melody did theirs.
    good leh

then you get warm water for shower ...

All my relatives who came to view Botannia complimented about its magnificent pools view, until today I am still impressed with the building landscape of the whole Botannia.

Botannia simply looks so exquisite, but I am still keen to visit Carabelle and Infiniti just to make comparison.

I have read through the posts here about some Carabelle owners who are over the moon owning Carabelle units, singing praises about its qualities superior that of Botannia which I felt flabbergasted hearing it.

Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, one day I shall visit Carabelle and see how grandeur it is as compared with my prized possession, Botannia.

But anyway, Carabelle and Botannia just a stone thrown away from each other, who knows we can become neighbours too?

cute pig... you must be a pig lover.

Botannia is excellent if not for the price tag. You pay for what you get and sometimes you pay more for what you get. No need any other reason as long as you like your purchase and don't need to care about what other people says. All is entitled to their own views. I did view Botannia earlier and I must say that it is excellent. Again, pricing is subjective.