Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1132

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlovers
    Hi Guys,

Any update on this development? seem like the asking price for the pool facing unit had gone higher and higher.

look like really had to invest in the TOTO this friday in order to get a unit here.
    lost track of the prices. so how high are the pool facing units now. but seemed like not many units facing inwards are occupied.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Bullish mood returns with a vengeance
    HK stock, real estate markets rising sharply to pre-crisis peak levels
    Shu-Ching Jean Chen
    The Straits Times
    Wednesday, 23 September 2009

One could hardly tell the global economy was in a funk from how funds are piling back into the stock market.

It was the start of yet another hectic morning.

The pace was just as frenzied at banks and brokerages, with Hong Kongers from all walks of life - housewives, salaried men, career women and grey-haired senior citizens - making a beeline for new share issues by Chinese firms listing in the Hong Kong market.

One could hardly tell the global economy was in a funk from how funds are piling back into the stock market, especially Chinese initial public offerings (IPOs). For instance, demand for the IPO of Sinopharm - China's largest pharmaceutical distributor - was so overwhelming it exceeded shares available to the public by over 500 times, a dizzying figure even in boom times.

Stocks and real estate have always been the best barometers of Hong Kong's economy. And both are on an upturn as the region recovers from the downturn.

A few months ago, few expected the Hang Seng Index to rise above 16,000 points. But not only has the index bounced back from the trough of below 11,000 points, it has also surged to over 21,000 points - surpassing its level before the collapse of Lehman Brothers. Now, some analysts are predicting stratospheric levels of 30,000 points.

In real estate, prices have also climbed back up to near pre-crisis peak levels, fuelled by factors such as cheap money and cashed-up mainland buyers. The largest gain so far was registered in luxury properties, such as the record sale this month of a one-bedroom flat in Tsim Sha Tsui for a cool HK$24.5 million (S$4.5 million). Buoyed by the rebound, developer Sun Hung Kai put on sale last week two penthouses for a record HK$300 million each.

Mr Cody Leung, Senior Investment Strategist at Quam Securities, suggests that Hong Kongers have turned to buying Chinese shares and real estate to fight deflation.

They are helped by a recent tsunami of hot money inflows, mainly from China, to the tune of HK$200 billion that is clogging the local banking system, which has a usual liquidity level of below HK$1 billion. 'In the past, money from Europe and the United States was the major driver of the Hong Kong market. But now, it is from China,' said Mr Marco Mak, head of Taifook Research.

Some, however, have warned of a brewing stock and housing bubble. While the Hong Kong government is expected to stick to its current loose monetary policy well into next year, it has no control over the direction of capital inflows which have fuelled these two segments. Such inflows can reverse if Beijing starts to rein in bank lending.

But for now, many prefer to look on the bright side. Signs of budding green shoots are also emerging in areas such as fixed investments. Exports and imports have also rebounded, with both up 11% in the second quarter.
    Oh my!
    The risk of missing a double-height top is also rising.

Quote Originally Posted by jesmineang
    lost track of the prices. so how high are the pool facing units now. but seemed like not many units facing inwards are occupied.
    those pool facing are asking around 950psf to 980psf, and for the bank valuation is only around 900psf

Nice laundry already hanging on the balconies!! lovely....

those pool facing are asking around 950psf to 980psf, and for the bank valuation is only around 900psf
    omg... that's way high.

maybe that is the reasons the sales in 100tress is so good, as banks will difinitely match the developer selling price.

Hi Fed

Congratulations !!!!!
    guess we can see your transacted price in the URA caveat next month

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=819

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Hi Fed

Congratulations !!!!!
    guess we can see your transacted price in the URA caveat next month

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=819
    Could you let us know what price was the unit transacted at?

Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    Could you let us know what price was the unit transacted at?
    Yes, his could be the 1st unit in Botannia to cross the S$900psf mark mark down his unit number for clarification later

Thanks Simi,

Yes. just sold mine at $910 psf. just signed option letter today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed
    Thanks Simi,

Hi Fed

after receiving your good news this morning
    i have called my agent to put my unit back onto the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed
    Thanks Simi,

Congrats Fed. Good price for your 3b/r pool facing unit.I believe its the first to cross $900psf mark. So now 2b/r will be asking higher $psf.

Congrats Fed. Good price for your 3b/r pool facing unit.I believe its the first to cross $900psf mark. So now 2b/r will be asking higher $psf.
    Will try, selling with tenancy

The cheapest two bedded that i know of is asking around 910psf, its at stack 11, facing Carebelle. and that price is almost 2 weeks ago.

The cheapest two bedded that i know of is asking around 910psf, its at stack 11, facing Carebelle. and that price is almost 2 weeks ago.
    If hundred trees can sell for 900+ psf, botannia owners should ask for 1000+.

there had been three transaction above S$900psf, seems like S$1,000psf is near.

there had been three transaction above S$900psf, seems like S$1,000psf is near.
    Who knows? Maybe you will be right soon?

Botannia
    Address .................................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............... Contract Date
    31 West Coast Park #06-23 ..... $906 psf ..... 1,249 sqft ... $1,131,000 ...... 17 Nov 09
    29B West Coast Park #08-22 ... $860 psf ..... 1,313 sqft ... $1,129,000 ...... 17 Nov 09
    29 West Coast Park #07-12 ..... $870 psf ..... 1,259 sqft ... $1,096,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    29 West Coast Park #11-11 ..... $966 psf ....... 818 sqft ...... $790,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    27 West Coast Park #07-03 ..... $854 psf ..... 1,582 sqft ... $1,351,000 ...... 3 Nov 09

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Who knows? Maybe you will be right soon?

Botannia
    Address .................................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............... Contract Date
    31 West Coast Park #06-23 ..... $906 psf ..... 1,249 sqft ... $1,131,000 ...... 17 Nov 09
    29B West Coast Park #08-22 ... $860 psf ..... 1,313 sqft ... $1,129,000 ...... 17 Nov 09
    29 West Coast Park #07-12 ..... $870 psf ..... 1,259 sqft ... $1,096,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    29 West Coast Park #11-11 ..... $966 psf ....... 818 sqft ...... $790,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    27 West Coast Park #07-03 ..... $854 psf ..... 1,582 sqft ... $1,351,000 ...... 3 Nov 09
    Now back in 2008, I told u this place is a gem worth more than $1000psf but some here sneered and laughed at me. One even challenged me openly to a bet. Now i am telling you, I just sold my infiniti to realise my gains. BUT I AM HOLDING TIGHT TO MY BOTANNIA. I shall not consider selling until the RWS completed running for 2 years. Mark this post again, those that sneered at me before.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader, 27 July 2008
    Why would someone who owns many properties and earning a lot from properties be bothered to be in this thread and D5 ? Obviously, this is a hidden gem to you and you know it and just do not want others to find out about it.
    The resale in this West Coast area (Botannia, The Infiniti, Carabelle, etc.) is still relatively cheap compared with the rest of the primary sale in Singapore, I think there is an opportunity for return if you can hold for a period of at least 1-2 years.

Unfortunately, I am not vested in District 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The resale in this West Coast area (Botannia, The Infiniti, Carabelle, etc.) is still relatively cheap compared with the rest of the primary sale in Singapore, I think there is an opportunity for return if you can hold for a period of at least 1-2 years.

Unfortunately, I am not vested in District 5.
    Not too late. we welcome you to be our neighbor. wait any longer, it will hit 1,500 psf.

just take a plunge. If you dare, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Now back in 2008, I told u this place is a gem worth more than $1000psf but some here sneered and laughed at me. One even challenged me openly to a bet. Now i am telling you, I just sold my infiniti to realise my gains. BUT I AM HOLDING TIGHT TO MY BOTANNIA. I shall not consider selling until the RWS completed running for 2 years. Mark this post again, those that sneered at me before.
    Hi Blackjack21trader

I am holding onto it too

Hi Blackjack21trader

I am holding onto it too
    Me too holding onto a vacant Infiniti...
    Last edited by jwong71; 11-03-10 at 21:14.

Hi, hv been following closely to this thread for useful and solid information by the owners/investors/speculators etc. Does anyone has any information what is going to happen to the tree bank in the future? went to view some units facing the tree bank and enjoy the breeze but hubby is skeptical about the future development. Agents told us that from what they understand from the developer, there would not be any development in the nx 10 years, at least. Is that what you think? Thanks heaps for sharing in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by twinstar3393
    Hi, hv been following closely to this thread for useful and solid information by the owners/investors/speculators etc. Does anyone has any information what is going to happen to the tree bank in the future? went to view some units facing the tree bank and enjoy the breeze but hubby is skeptical about the future development. Agents told us that from what they understand from the developer, there would not be any development in the nx 10 years, at least. Is that what you think? Thanks heaps for sharing in advance.
    Currently is the state land, nobody will know what is going to happen to the tree bank, with the sport field adding together, it can be a big development if government decide to release the land for sales.

Currently is the state land, nobody will know what is going to happen to the tree bank, with the sport field adding together, it can be a big development if government decide to release the land for sales.
    Tree banks are there for a few reasons ..

1. growing tree for use throughout singapore, ever wonder where Npark gets their matured trees ?
    2. going green, oxygen level etc ..to neutralise the not so nice air there
    3. harden the ground, to prevent erosion

once all the trees are matured and relocated, used in island wide landscaping .. and ground has hardened/ strengthened .. it can then be use for heavy stuff.... like a big tall building

there are many such tree banks in spore ..

along AMK ave 5 ? near Luxus Hill
    along east coast, across ECP, opposite Silversea, Seafront@Meyer

remember when mariner south ? ...used to be a tree bank too .. to harden the ground ..then all removed .. for kite flying .. after all these yrs ..ground is solid already .. can support tall buildings ...

isnt that the plan for mariner south ? some residential area as well ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Tree banks are there for a few reasons ..

1. growing tree for use throughout singapore, ever wonder where Npark gets their matured trees ?
    2. going green, oxygen level etc ..to neutralise the not so nice air there
    3. harden the ground, to prevent erosion

once all the trees are matured and relocated, used in island wide landscaping .. and ground has hardened/ strengthened .. it can then be use for heavy stuff.... like a big tall building

there are many such tree banks in spore ..

along AMK ave 5 ? near Luxus Hill
    along east coast, across ECP, opposite Silversea, Seafront@Meyer

remember when mariner south ? ...used to be a tree bank too .. to harden the ground ..then all removed .. for kite flying .. after all these yrs ..ground is solid already .. can support tall buildings ...

isnt that the plan for mariner south ? some residential area as well ?
    Good post! You reminded me of something..I gotta do some DD now Thanks again

Hi Blackjack21trader

I am holding onto it too
    You'll be holding on for a while.

Botannia has an average capital gain of 3.2% (Wow!!)

Infiniti is 7.78% and Carabelle is 7.97%

Rental yeilds are also higher.

At last, Botannia climb to S$1,000psf

31A West Coast Park #05-29
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1000
    $840k
    09 Apr 10

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Me too holding onto a vacant Infiniti...
    Sold @960k 1238sqft. Facing AYE. initially want to flip 900-920k,cant flip til exercise. And sold higher

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Sold @960k 1238sqft. Facing AYE. initially want to flip 900-920k,cant flip til exercise. And sold higher
    Which block uh?? I'm staying in one facing inside...