Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by cutepig
    All my relatives who came to view Botannia complimented about its magnificent pools view, until today I am still impressed with the building landscape of the whole Botannia.

Botannia simply looks so exquisite, but I am still keen to visit Carabelle and Infiniti just to make comparison.

I have read through the posts here about some Carabelle owners who are over the moon owning Carabelle units, singing praises about its qualities superior that of Botannia which I felt flabbergasted hearing it.

Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, one day I shall visit Carabelle and see how grandeur it is as compared with my prized possession, Botannia.

But anyway, Carabelle and Botannia just a stone thrown away from each other, who knows we can become neighbours too?
    Dun need to compare la, u know what u bought. Your friends who visit and drive past also can tell from the outside. Only those people who read forums but do not visit the develpments will have a skewed picture. If they do not spend the time to view then it is their loss.

IMHO, almost everythings are spendid and up to the mark in Botannia except.. there is NO rubbish chute in the kitchen.

All my relatives who came to view Botannia complimented about its magnificent pools view, until today I am still impressed with the building landscape of the whole Botannia.

Botannia simply looks so exquisite, but I am still keen to visit Carabelle and Infiniti just to make comparison.

I have read through the posts here about some Carabelle owners who are over the moon owning Carabelle units, singing praises about its qualities superior that of Botannia which I felt flabbergasted hearing it.

Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, one day I shall visit Carabelle and see how grandeur it is as compared with my prized possession, Botannia.

But anyway, Carabelle and Botannia just a stone thrown away from each other, who knows we can become neighbours too?

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    IMHO, almost everythings are spendid and up to the mark in Botannia except.. there is NO rubbish chute in the kitchen.
    We have one at carabelle, which makes carabelle a 1000psf condo. haha. someone at carabelle is selling her ph at 1000psf. check it out at propertyguru.com.

I also noticed, recent transactions at streetsine.com all show carabelle commanding higher prices than botannia. hope cutepig will not commit suicide over this.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    We have one at carabelle, which makes carabelle a 1000psf condo. haha. someone at carabelle is selling her ph at 1000psf. check it out at propertyguru.com.

I also noticed, recent transactions at streetsine.com all show carabelle commanding higher prices than botannia. hope cutepig will not commit suicide over this.
    Please dont miss lead other to see how high Carabella price is.

Carabella 827psf on a 2bdr 883sqft (2 bdr)is the highest, but Botannia 827psf on a 1572 (4 bdr). So as norm a 2 bdr in Botannia will defintely cross above 850psf.

Is also say there is NO carabella 3 bdr and above size cross 800psf so far.

Carabella is NOT in the same league as Botannia. Maybe they can compare with other project of the same size and less prestige.

Botannia can only compare their price and size with The Parc and maybe Hundred Trees.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter

Carabella 827psf on a 2bdr 883sqft (2 bdr)is the highest, but Botannia 827psf on a 1572 (4 bdr). So as norm a 2 bdr in Botannia will defintely cross above 850psf.

Carabella is NOT in the same league as Botannia. Maybe they can compare with other project of the same size and less prestige.

Botannia can only compare their price and size with The Parc and maybe Hundred Trees.
    one freak transaction does not make a trend, does it? botannia is now trending toward 700 psf, but carabelle is trending toward 800 psf. different leagues indeed.

Brother

recieved TOP letter today

one freak transaction does not make a trend, does it? botannia is now trending toward 700 psf, but carabelle is trending toward 800 psf. different leagues indeed.
    Dont be too highly graded on Carabella. It show on the transaction on streetsine.com that Botannia is higher or at least equal. Why dont we take a look at the Aug09 transaction and see which project is winning the psf base on size.

I still prepare to still shake your hand if Botannia lost in psf. Cheers.

I think Mr. Stalingrad is simply..... overly.... subjective in his views, skewed towards Carabelle. To each his own.... In any case as long as everyone is happy with their buys. So stop being 'irritating'.....

Default Question: is the rubbish chute outside the unit ?

A question for Botannia owners (or those familiar with this project): is the rubbish chute located outside of the unit ? (i.e. not in the kitchen, you need to go out to dump rubbish )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    A question for Botannia owners (or those familiar with this project): is the rubbish chute located outside of the unit ? (i.e. not in the kitchen, you need to go out to dump rubbish )

Thanks
    Yes, no rubbish chute in the kitchen. Either you have to walk out your unit everytime a soil diaper appear or create a sub "rubbish collection" bin in your unit and face different set of problems.

A dual chutes is located outside the unit inside a containment beside the lift, suppose to be "eco-friendly" but I see is as a tremendous saving for developer on omitting all the shafts on structure.

There may be some silver linings for the owner though;
    1. You may get less pests depend on how the "rubbish zone" in your unit are manage.
    2. Get to exercise more.
    3. Supposingly should get at least 2sqft area back to your unit GFA for the forsaken waste disposal shaft.
    4. Should be paying less maintainence fee.

And this is to Stalingrad > Don't gloat over it. Having a rubbish chute in the kitchen is NORM in condo context so are the 1000psf unit you are holding in Carabelle, nothing great. It Botannia that are doing the unusual way comparing to the rest of condo in Singapore. But again, knowing your humour nature, how about measuring your rubbish chute in Carabelle and tell us how the opening is bigger than the infiniti and monterey park and permissible for a 42" plasma to go though? This should get you another 10psf. hahhahaha

for a while, i thought i was in the carabelle thread. anyways, both projects sound good. never been to this area much, but am most certainly impressed with the land sizes of the various developments. the most important thing is to like and truly enjoy your place. what others say don't really matter.

Yes, no rubbish chute in the kitchen. Either you have to walk out your unit everytime a soil diaper appear or create a sub "rubbish collection" bin in your unit and face different set of problems.

A dual chutes is located outside the unit inside a containment beside the lift, suppose to be "eco-friendly" but I see is as a tremendous saving for developer on omitting all the shafts on structure.

There may be some silver linings for the owner though;
    1. You may get less pests depend on how the "rubbish zone" in your unit are manage.
    2. Get to exercise more.
    3. Supposingly should get at least 2sqft area back to your unit GFA for the forsaken waste disposal shaft.
    4. Should be paying less maintainence fee.

And this is to Stalingrad > Don't gloat over it. Having a rubbish chute in the kitchen is NORM in condo context so are the 1000psf unit you are holding in Carabelle, nothing great. It Botannia that are doing the unusual way comparing to the rest of condo in Singapore. But again, knowing your humour nature, how about measuring your rubbish chute in Carabelle and tell us how the opening is bigger than the infiniti and monterey park and permissible for a 42" plasma to go though? This should get you another 10psf. hahhahaha
    human nature not 2 b careful when disposing rubbish outside as
    boh chap' attitude. cleaners wld b doing a lot of cleaning of dripping rubbish....when chute is in own unit, there's always the careful bit.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    human nature not 2 b careful when disposing rubbish outside as
    boh chap' attitude. cleaners wld b doing a lot of cleaning of dripping rubbish....when chute is in own unit, there's always the careful bit.
    agreed. if the chute is inside, moreover, owners tend to wrap food carefully to prevent insect problems. it's called personal responsibility. carabelle is very green in that regard. this feature is worth at least 100 psf. haha. we are going to sell until we get offers of 1100 psf or more.

That is so true about the rubbish chute but i want to comment on the recyclable chute.

I love the recyling chute becasue i recycle a lot. Where i used to stay they had people to come ever few weeks to collect my recycled stuff eg bottles, paper, cans.... I kept the stuff in my house for 2 weeks at least.

When i shifted i had to lug these stuff at least 400 m away to the common recylying point. If dun have I will put it in my car and drive to the nearest point. So if i have a chute outside my house i would be in heaven!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    That is so true about the rubbish chute but i want to comment on the recyclable chute.

I love the recyling chute becasue i recycle a lot. Where i used to stay they had people to come ever few weeks to collect my recycled stuff eg bottles, paper, cans.... I kept the stuff in my house for 2 weeks at least.

When i shifted i had to lug these stuff at least 400 m away to the common recylying point. If dun have I will put it in my car and drive to the nearest point. So if i have a chute outside my house i would be in heaven!!!!!!!
    This guy is a saint. give him a beer!

This guy is a saint. give him a beer!
    Tks stanlingrad, but i rather you help me brain wash my wife on recyling. I am just doing her leg work.

Default 8XXpsf

Botannia Price for 3bdr have reach 800psf for 2 units one will be shown on sept09.

4 bdr just transact at 840 or 850psf last week.

BotAnnia Cheong ahhhhhhh.

Why are there so much talk about rubbish aka the rubbish chute. I am sure you didn't buy the house because of the chute right? Even if rubbish chute ranked high in your list of preference... I am sure that it is not the sole criteria and over riding criteria.. I am sure that the cost of the whole unit $$$ is a more important consideration than rubbish chute.

Who in their right sense would care about recycling when buying a home..

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Why are there so much talk about rubbish aka the rubbish chute. I am sure you didn't buy the house because of the chute right? Even if rubbish chute ranked high in your list of preference... I am sure that it is not the sole criteria and over riding criteria.. I am sure that the cost of the whole unit $$$ is a more important consideration than rubbish chute.

Some people think that Botannia too good to have flaw so they comment on rubbish chute. Maybe toilet bowl too steep next round.

They even comment on Infinity too noisy and no space . Carabelle have HDB colour look and so on.

This people either jealous on neighbour grass is greener or so call SOUR grapes.

Hi,

I am from Infiniti and my unit is facing the Botannia. I think Botannia layout is really nice and orderly. From my unit, i can see that several units has been TOP and owners has renovated and move in to their units. I havent got a chance to go into Botannia to have a look. But i find the Function Hall looks really grand and huge everytime i drive by the guard room. The size of the development makes me feels like its almost a mini village by itself. Which i feel is a really good thing if everyone in Botannia is nice to each other.

From my view, i noticed a few things which i like to check with the owners. I noticed that the bathroom windows were not frosted, in other words, its clear. Is the developers going to frost it up later ?

Another thing which i notice which i feel that is a bit inadequate was the 11 floor units facing the Infiniti. I noticed that the balcony betw the 2 units was seperated by a thin white panel. I thgt a wall to seperate the 2 balcony would be more ideal.

Anyway congras on the TOP and i hope you all will enjoy your new home as much as I did for the Infiniti. At the end of day, if you are contstantly concern about the $$ or value of your new home will bring then i think you are not looking for a home to start a new life but a investment to make money out of. In that case i hope that you really have a place that you can really call home if things turn out less than your expectation.

Congras to all Botannians and may your new home bring you much joy and happiness.

Hi dcool

The bathroom windows at Botannia are clear windows and developers are not frosting them so we owners have to install blinds on them.

Kind of inconvenient as my unit is not in dwelling condition because of the bathroom clear windows, and I have to engage curtain designers to install curtains and blinds before I can really move in.

Hi dcool

The bathroom windows at Botannia are clear windows and developers are not frosting them so we owners have to install blinds on them.

Kind of inconvenient as my unit is not in dwelling condition because of the bathroom clear windows, and I have to engage curtain designers to install curtains and blinds before I can really move in.
    Hi Cutepig,

I wouldnt recommend you to installed blinds of curtain in the toilets as its a high humidity area. Cleaning the blinds in the bathroom is going to take you out after a while. I personally feel frosting the toilet windows is more ideal and less areas for you to clean. Tinting may not work well in the night, bc once you on your lights in the bathroom is as clear as seeing thru in the day.

My wife student's parent has bought a unit in Botannia and she will bring us in to have a look at their unit. We invited them to our unit to have a look when they were looking for a unit here. Unfortunately they were not able to find a unit like ours which is facing Botannia. So in the end they managed to buy a unit in Botannia but not sure what is the price they paid for.

Why not? This is very individual. (And to discuss here fit in properly for a forum) And, after living without a rubbish chute for more than 50 years, I for one make this chute thingy a deciding criteria.

Some people think that Botannia too good to have flaw so they comment on rubbish chute. Maybe toilet bowl too steep next round.

They even comment on Infinity too noisy and no space . Carabelle have HDB colour look and so on.

This people either jealous on neighbour grass is greener or so call SOUR grapes.
    There are all kind of comments with the good and bad getting their fair share. Some are simply facts.

If what you said is right, then the whole lot of forumers here will only consist of 2 kinds, the jealous and the sour graper. And how could that be.

Why not? This is very individual. (And to discuss here fit in properly for a forum) And, after living without a rubbish chute for more than 50 years, I for one make this chute thingy a deciding criteria.
    fully agree with you, apple3. without an in-unit chute, botannia is somehow deficient regardless of other amenities. without a good chute, how good can it be to have a lap pool? by the way, the lap pool at botannia is indeed a lot smaller (narrow) than that at carabelle. I am writing this email on my lounge chair by the lap pool. our pool is indeed huge (wide). you would have to come and see it to believe me.

hi Properties Hunter,

yep. a 4 bedder unit has sold for 840psf last week. Maybe there's another at 850psf which i'm not aware of. So like what you said - Botannians, Jia You!

and on the rubbish chute issue, i've stayed in properties with chute in / out of the unit, i personally prefer the chute to be outside anyway.

good luck in properties hunting!

Simply by the fact that you are entitled to make the comments about rubbish chute, I am also entitled to criticise people who buy based on rubbish. So i am saying a piece about people who buy based on rubbish aka rubbish chute. I am sure there are people with me on this as much as any would be with you.

There's no rubbish chute in landed... only rubbish bins

Simply by the fact that you are entitled to make the comments about rubbish chute, I am also entitled to criticise people who buy based on rubbish. So i am saying a piece about people who buy based on rubbish aka rubbish chute. I am sure there are people with me on this as much as any would be with you.

There's no rubbish chute in landed... only rubbish bins
    Absolutely. Only difference is while I'm on an object/material and fact, yours on the human behavioural, but again, that your absolute right.

Isn't this forum beautiful?

I beg to differ... buying based on prefences be it the chute or what is a human behaviour. Buying based on the existence of chutes or not is a fact. If it exisit, it exist.. why bother about it too much. I think the chutes at Botannia "sucks" as it is vacumm based. Something like that... Not too bad as it is said to be clear from smells and insects... though claimed... I am not sure if true or not.

As I have said before... Botannia is a nice project except for the price (premium) over others. But again, you pay more for a better one.

Anyway you have a nice avatar... keep smiling.

I beg to differ... buying based on prefences be it the chute or what is a human behaviour. Buying based on the existence of chutes or not is a fact. If it exisit, it exist.. why bother about it too much. I think the chutes at Botannia "sucks" as it is vacumm based. Something like that... Not too bad as it is said to be clear from smells and insects... though claimed... I am not sure if true or not.

As I have said before... Botannia is a nice project except for the price (premium) over others. But again, you pay more for a better one.

Anyway you have a nice avatar... keep smiling.

I agree with you bro on this project. I getting my key today for my 2units that 1 SOLD and 1 (rent).