Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coco Palms

Expect at least 1000 cheques will be collected during preview!

Default Recalling....

D'Nest previews on 15 March 2013

Buy a unit at unbelievably low price.

D'Nest, a joint project by Hong Leong, CDL and Hong, is holding a VVIP Preview tomorrow (March 15).

This 99LH project located at Pasir Ris Grove is composed of 912 residential units.

Singapore Business Review's spotcheck with property agents found that the estimated quantum price starts from $490,000 for a one-bedroom unit with size ranging from 484-570 sqft.

Pricing for other units are as follows:

2-bedroom units from 753-1,012 sqft - starts from $680,000

3-bedroom units from 936-1,496 sqft - starts from $820,000

4-bedroom units from 1,270 -1,798 sqft - starts from $1.1M.

According to agents, innovative storage space is provided in most units

Capital aprreciation is also expected for this property, which is only approximately 5-minute walk to Pasir Ris MRT, with CDL launching one more residential plot nearby in the future at a higher price, said agents.

Saw this website about coco palms vs vue8.
    It tabulates the various Pasir Ris projects and the start of the land leases.

http://www.hot-property.sg/residenti...against-vue-8/

Not exactly a neutral analysis.

Personally I find it difficult to accept bay windows for a new development

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    This one is much better due to MRT station, proximity to amenities n ease of entry/exit to TPE. Factoring in e lease, it looks value for money.
    If you drive.. Most probably jam there during peak hours..due to white sands etc crowd there. Seriously nearness to MRT is overrated. I lived near the tampines MRT for many many years n had to put up the noises as this is not an underground MRT... N imagine the crowd too.. gives me headache...

My comparison is psf price n factoring in the bay windows n shorter lease etc. My family lives in a unit with bay windows n they swore never ever to get one with such stupid features n I agree..
    Regardless of the workarounds.. Its a nightmare to upkeep!

And bearing in mind that 6 years has lapsed..I expected the price to be cheaper than d'nest due to shorter lease..the land is brought on 2008 before the afc..so technically should be cheaper than the launch price of osais @ elisa???

If it's priced according to these then I will it fair to the homearners.. Make it at least cheaper than d'nest perhaps..And might consider to buy.

But of course it's my naive thinking.. Cdl surely wants to make as much money as possible la..

I think young couples with no kids who can wait for the 5 years top can go for it..due to smaller size n price.still within their budget.
    .I think they still have to factor in the reno to make these usable.

For investors.. Think their golden rule isnear MRT so just buy? So I can't comment on this...

Nonetheless ..Cdl always Kenna sue for poor workmanship...why never opt for out of court settlement? iirc..recently also sued again..So me not comfortable n no confidence on how they handle another huge project without going down the same route.. .

Lastly..this is perhaps my naive thinking again..
    Singapore going to be damn crowded in next decade..Hence perhaps development in laid-back places n less crowd will be more priced as more peaceful...away from the maddening crowded. The central amenities are only 2 bus stops.away if I choose stratum or Vue 8.. Other amenities I walk to elias mall or west plaza..

But Again it's my personal view as a homeowner.
    Last edited by Yuki; 04-05-14 at 11:32.

Re-edit

"and bearing in mind that 6 years has lapsed..I expected the price to be cheaper than d'nest due to shorter lease..the land is brought on 2008 before the afc..so technically should be slightly more ex than the launch price of oasis @ elisa or we should use the launch price of oasis as a baseline???"

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    Not exactly a neutral analysis.

Personally I find it difficult to accept bay windows for a new development
    Unfortunately this is a piece of old land. Cdl has to follow rules set by ura when they purchase the land.

Quote Originally Posted by NV2010 View Post
    Expect at least 1000 cheques will be collected during preview!
    If that translate to sales.... Otherwise nothing to shout about... But if the price is right, it will sell likes the Inflora.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    If that translate to sales.... Otherwise nothing to shout about... But if the price is right, it will sell likes the Inflora.
    It's a prediction of the people response.

I did a check on the travel time to MRT by bus from locations 2 to 3 busstops away.

Assume 2 mins to walk to busstop..4 to 5 mins to reach bus interchange 1 to 2 min to walk to MRT station.. 8 to 10 mins in total

Vs

2 mins to walk out from the coco palm estate..3 to 4 mins walk to MRT station direct.

We're talking about roughly 3 to perhaps 5 mins of difference in travel distance.

Then consider if it's raining heavily or carry heavy bags of grocery..it would be mostly
    sheltered for 1st scenario vs 4 mins of no shelter? And around 3 to 4 mins of walking heavy stuffs vs 7 to 8 mins of walking.

Just thinking aloud whether if the nearness to MRT really matters in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    If you drive.. Most probably jam there during peak hours..due to white sands etc crowd there. Seriously nearness to MRT is overrated. I lived near the tampines MRT for many many years n had to put up the noises as this is not an underground MRT... N imagine the crowd too.. gives me headache...

My comparison is psf price n factoring in the bay windows n shorter lease etc. My family lives in a unit with bay windows n they swore never ever to get one with such stupid features n I agree..
    Regardless of the workarounds.. Its a nightmare to upkeep!

And bearing in mind that 6 years has lapsed..I expected the price to be cheaper than d'nest due to shorter lease..the land is brought on 2008 before the afc..so technically should be cheaper than the launch price of osais @ elisa???

If it's priced according to these then I will it fair to the homearners.. Make it at least cheaper than d'nest perhaps..And might consider to buy.

But of course it's my naive thinking.. Cdl surely wants to make as much money as possible la..

I think young couples with no kids who can wait for the 5 years top can go for it..due to smaller size n price.still within their budget.
    .I think they still have to factor in the reno to make these usable.

For investors.. Think their golden rule isnear MRT so just buy? So I can't comment on this...

Nonetheless ..Cdl always Kenna sue for poor workmanship...why never opt for out of court settlement? iirc..recently also sued again..So me not comfortable n no confidence on how they handle another huge project without going down the same route.. .

Lastly..this is perhaps my naive thinking again..
    Singapore going to be damn crowded in next decade..Hence perhaps development in laid-back places n less crowd will be more priced as more peaceful...away from the maddening crowded. The central amenities are only 2 bus stops.away if I choose stratum or Vue 8.. Other amenities I walk to elias mall or west plaza..

But Again it's my personal view as a homeowner.
    This project is relatively better than a number of other current projects. Some many potential buyers in e showroom under these stringent cooling measures must have done their sums. Own stay or investment, must buy near MRT stations n amenities in OCR n RCR.

I did a check on the travel time to MRT by bus from locations 2 to 3 busstops away.

Assume 2 mins to walk to busstop..4 to 5 mins to reach bus interchange 1 to 2 min to walk to MRT station.. 8 to 10 mins in total

Vs

2 mins to walk out from the coco palm estate..3 to 4 mins walk to MRT station direct.

We're talking about roughly 3 to perhaps 5 mins of difference in travel distance.

Then consider if it's raining heavily or carry heavy bags of grocery..it would be mostly
    sheltered for 1st scenario vs 4 mins of no shelter? And around 3 to 4 mins of walking heavy stuffs vs 7 to 8 mins of walking.

Just thinking aloud whether if the nearness to MRT really matters in this case.
    you need to factor in bus waiting time. As long as you need to rely on an extra transportation mode to reach a destination, a premium is already factor for a development that is within 200-500 walking distance

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    you need to factor in bus waiting time. As long as you need to rely on an extra transportation mode to reach a destination, a premium is already factor for a development that is within 200-500 walking distance
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have factored this in my calculation. There is 6 bus services for the bus stops I did the check on..N even though there is 6 to 8 mins of bus interval between each service, there is a high chance there is another service will arrive in between this interval. Of course due to experience there will be occasions that all 6 services arrive at the same time..

N a side note, I relied heavily on the bus app iris to catch the arrival of buses.

Nonetheless I do agree that walking to MRT definitely will mean that I will be assured of when I will reach the mrt station.

But of course if there are existing developments that are like 20 to 30 mins busstop away then I would think it's a no go...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    Morning and evening rush hours may mean there is a long waiting time as one may not get the chance to be on the bus the first time.
    Just like the MRT where one may only board in the 3rd train.
    So been near does have its benefits if one also considers school going kids.

This project is relatively better than a number of other current projects. Some many potential buyers in e showroom under these stringent cooling measures must have done their sums. Own stay or investment, must buy near MRT stations n amenities in OCR n RCR.
    Yes definitely agree coz everyone considerations are different.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have factored this in my calculation. There is 6 bus services for the bus stops I did the check on..N even though there is 6 to 8 mins of bus interval between each service, there is a high chance there is another service will arrive in between this interval. Of course due to experience there will be occasions that all 6 services arrive at the same time..

N a side note, I relied heavily on the bus app iris to catch the arrival of buses.

Nonetheless I do agree that walking to MRT definitely will mean that I will be assured of when I will reach the mrt station.

But of course if there are existing developments that are like 20 to 30 mins busstop away then I would think it's a no go...
    If having 6 bus services going to an interchange, it will no doubt be a benefit but other issues that you need to consider are factors like jams during peak periods. Then wad about those 3-4 bus stops away, also not much diff in terms of time if the psf is much lower. Iris is a gd option but sticking to the bus time and rushing down is another issue unless you are very carefree and can time accordingly

Ultimately it is about the premium that you deem is worthy enough to pay for a development that is within walking distance to mall/mrt station. If a 2 busstop development is 15% cheaper, it is definitely worth considering assuming all else equals

x;476739]If having 6 bus services going to an interchange, it will no doubt be a benefit but other issues that you need to consider are factors like jams during peak periods. Then wad about those 3-4 bus stops away, also not much diff in terms of time if the psf is much lower. Iris is a gd option but sticking to the bus time and rushing down is another issue unless you are very carefree and can time accordingly

Ultimately it is about the premium that you deem is worthy enough to pay for a development that is within walking distance to mall/mrt station. If a 2 busstop development is 15% cheaper, it is definitely worth considering assuming all else equals[/QUOTE]

Yes.. I am just trying to point out these points for homeowners to make an informed decision to dispell the misconception that coco palms units are cheaper compared to those a few bus stops away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki
    Yes.. I am just trying to point out these points for homeowners to make an informed decision to dispell the misconception that coco palms units are cheaper compared to those a few bus stops away.
    Between bay windows and air-con ledges (recent tactics by developers to cut down on bay windows), I will go for bay windows which is more usable. Most parts of Singapore are jammed during peak hour (as indicated by my TMC/GPS).

There are still empty plots around the MRT station. In future, I think they will be commercial. Nowadays properties here is about walkability to MRT (<10 min) and amenities (eateries, convenience shops etc), not by bus or car.

I believe CDL is taking corrective measures to prevent quality issues, given the bad publicity recently. I think this project is likely to be well-delivered.

Between bay windows and air-con ledges (recent tactics by developers to cut down on bay windows), I will go for bay windows which is more usable. Most parts of Singapore are jammed during peak hour (as indicated by my TMC/GPS).

There are still empty plots around the MRT station. In future, I think they will be commercial. Nowadays properties here is about walkability to MRT (<10 min) and amenities (eateries, convenience shops etc), not by bus or car.

I believe CDL is taking corrective measures to prevent quality issues, given the bad publicity recently. I think this project is likely to be well-delivered.
    The era of condos with bay windows is over..unless they are like Coco Palms where the developer delayed the launch.

The Glades at Tanah Merah

1 bedroom units from S$670,000 onwards
    2 bedroom units from S$780,000 onwards
    3 bedroom units from $1,158,000 onwards

- 3 mins walk to the nearest mrt.

Coco palms V The Glades.

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    The era of condos with bay windows is over..unless they are like Coco Palms where the developer delayed the launch.
    Pardon me... but at this age in time why does this new development have bay windows? It is a URA requirement when the land was purchased in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyy View Post
    Pardon me... but at this age in time why does this new development have bay windows? It is a URA requirement when the land was purchased in 2008?
    Did some research, since you asked.
    Coco palm land was acquired on 17 Jan 2008.

The bay window and plantar box were excluded from GFA until 22 Sept 2008.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/circulars/...p/dc08-18.aspx

Therefore Coco palms developer can still build bay windows and plantar boxes without counting them in the GFA.

This means the coco palms developer need not pay development charges on these bay window spaces and plantar box spaces, but they will count it as part of the floor space when they sell it to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post

Therefore Coco palms developer can still build bay windows and plantar boxes without counting them in the GFA.

This means the coco palms developer need not pay development charges on these bay window spaces and plantar box spaces, but they will count it as part of the floor space when they sell it to the buyer.
    Based on the fact that the land was acquired cheap back then..their profit is sure a lot!

Based on the fact that the land was acquired cheap back then..their profit is sure a lot!
    This is called land banking.
    Big developers with deep pockets can afford to do so.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/cdl...d-bank-ranking

CDL, Hong Leong top land bank ranking

Therefore CDL's Kwek Leng Beng is dubbed as "Kwek Land Bank".

corrections of some things mentioned earlier:

1) leasehold is from 7 jan 2008.
    2) based on ura masterplan, there are another 5 pieces of land slated for residential development nearer to mrt/bus interchange than coco palms, 3 between mrt and coco palms, and 2 across the road from bus interchange next to pasir ris park. these lands around the mrt are Not slated for commercial. there's also another large piece of land reserved for residential next to these 2 pieces of land that's abt the same distance to mrt as coco palms. in total there are SIX more pieces of residential land around pasir ris mrt that are mostly nearer to the mrt than coco palms.
    Last edited by gav108; 04-05-14 at 21:07.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post

2) based on ura masterplan, there are another 5 pieces of land slated for residential development nearer to mrt/bus interchange than coco palms, 3 between mrt and coco palms, and 2 across the road from bus interchange next to pasir ris park. these lands around the mrt are Not slated for commercial. there's also another large piece of land reserved for residential next to these 2 pieces of land that's abt the same distance to mrt as coco palms. in total there are SIX more pieces of residential land around pasir ris mrt that are mostly nearer to the mrt than coco palms.
    Yes. this info is readily available from ura masterplan as early as 2008. I would say the units facing the park and yet near the MRT is the BEST combination.

ahhh i see... Thank you Princess for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post

There should be future malls beside the MRT and shops embedded within the residential sites. This is my best guess based on developments at terminal stations with residential estates e.g. Boon Lay MRT, Punggol MRT etc.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013/reg.../E-Region.ashx

There should be future malls beside the MRT and shops embedded within the residential sites. This is my best guess based on developments at terminal stations with residential estates e.g. Boon Lay MRT, Punggol MRT etc.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013/reg.../E-Region.ashx
    Pasir ris really needs a bigger mall.
    So many projects coming up and still got vacant land.
    The infrastructure has to be able to support the increase in population.

Pasir ris really needs a bigger mall.
    So many projects coming up and still got vacant land.
    The infrastructure has to be able to support the increase in population.
    Yes..but it seems like the 2 departments not talking. Minister only concern about building non stop to cater for housing needs and happily declare that he made his target.

Then when the crunch comes, the other ministers will apologies for lack of foresight.just like what it happened to our transport.